[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Niche horror vidya
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: Whiteday-remake.jpg (24 KB, 560x315) Image search: [Google]
Whiteday-remake.jpg
24 KB, 560x315
Let's have a nice discussion about niche horror games. What's your favorite game/series? Waiting for something to release?

There's also a remake of White Day and it was put on Steam greenlight yesterday

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=665183393

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDpI_EFNK0
>>
File: 1452569723763.png (165 KB, 592x600) Image search: [Google]
1452569723763.png
165 KB, 592x600
I guess no one wants to talk about it.
>>
File: images.jpg (21 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
21 KB, 443x332
>>334920324
Been wanting to buy pic related
>>
>>334921618
Have you played the original one?

The DLC is alright, but I'd say wait for a sale unless you really want it. It has a lot of boss battles which I'd say is a step up from Dreadout, but there's barely any story. And it's on the short side. Beaten it in 3-4 hours.
>>
>>334921528
It's really early, anon. Maybe everybody hasn't had their coffee yet.

Anyway, I enjoyed the first Silent hill but not the sequels. I liked Clock Tower for the SNES. Oh, and there was that weird one for the Playstation where you're chased by a monster in underground tunnels, Hellnight. That was spooky.
>>
>>334920324
gonna take a moment to plug a friends game

into the gloom. its $4 on steam. about 4hrs in length

graphics are trash, story is obvious. puzzles are great. sound design is excellent. plays like amnesia meets silent hill. i really enjoyed it, then chatted to the dev to become friends with them on steam

>>334921618
dreadout looks great. is it a fatal frame clone?
>>
File: why.png (772 KB, 1019x555) Image search: [Google]
why.png
772 KB, 1019x555
>>334921618
this tag seems a little redundant..
>>
File: 1442626826102.png (737 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1442626826102.png
737 KB, 1280x720
>>334921878
>It's really early, anon.

I've made a similar thread yesterday evening/night. Got about ~30 replies and the thread died.

>>334921927
dreadout looks great. is it a fatal frame clone?

Kinda. I'd say it's worse than Fatal Frame, but I still enjoyed it. The original game didn't have that many ghost battles and they were really easy. The DLC has more fighting and you actually had to think with some of them how to defeat them, so I expect the sequel to be a step up.
>>
>>334921618
I found Dreadout to be completely boring and unscary. Maybe I came in with too high expectations since I'm a huge Fatal Frame fan and it seemed like a decent knock-off.
>>
>>334922163
Did you play all FF games? I've only finished 1 and 2, started 3 recently, but stopped for now. How is 5 if you played it? I enjoy the games and think about getting Wii U for FF5 and a few other games.
>>
>>334922304
I've played all of them, but haven't beaten 4 or 5 yet. Played a lot more of 5 than I did 4 though. 5 is actually really great. They used the gamepad well with the setting, and while it's a gimmick, it's a pretty well-done one. And you can just turn it off and play normally. The graphics are pretty nice for a Wii U game as well, and the mood and scares are as good as they were in the past. My only real complaint is something story related.
>>
>>334920324
neat! white day is pretty good but buggy in some places
realms of the haunting is a must play for any horror fan it's like a proper old horror movie
>>
I've downloaded White Day twice in the past and none of them worked. Guess I'll wait for this version.

Also how's that new game by Clock Tower dev? Kinda forgot the title.
>>
>>334924710
NightCry

The port isn't that good, but I haven't encountered any game breaking bugs.
>>
>>334924710
nightcry and it's shit
make sure you get the latest version
>www.indiedb.com/games/white-day/downloads/white-day-v16-latest-version-installer
>>
>>334925179
Is it? I've read that if you liked Clock Tower it's really good.
>>
>>334922102
Is probably not there so you can be aware of the fact when browsing the store page but to find it when searching for the tag
>>
>>334925332
maybe the later clock tower games not the original
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.