[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you realize you were no longer nintendos target audience?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2
File: m_wii_console.jpg (32 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
m_wii_console.jpg
32 KB, 940x529
For me, it was 2008, when brawl came out.
>>
When is the last time Nintendo even released a difficult game? I was thinking about this the other day, ever since the Wii they haven't made a game a ten year old couldn't complete. At best you'll get a couple optional hard side levels.
>>
>>334921056
wasn't super mario bros pretty hard?

There's also Mario Maker.
>>
>>334921056
What difficult games beyond the skills of a ten year old was Nintendo releasing previously? I was beating shit like ninja gaiden, ghosts n' goblins and act raiser when I was 6-10. As for recent games, W101 and Tropical freeze come to mind.
>>
>>334919742
The reveal of Mario 3D World. A great Mario adventure was the one thing every Nintendo console could be counted on, but when I saw that I knew it was over.
>>
>>334921203
F Zero
Early LoZ were pretty cryptic
>>
>>334921352
LoZ was cryptic, but not difficult. It was just something you had to play for a long time, discover stuff and share on the schoolyard. That's how I got through the first two anyways. Never actually played f-zero when I was a kid, but I came back to the original SNES one and 64 and they were pretty fun.
>>
When I was around 6 or 7. You grow out of it so quickly.
>>
>>334921056
Donkey Kong Country Returns and Tropical Freeze.
>>
>>334921559
woha.................2 games.................daaaaaaaaaaaaamn
>>
>>334921592
Fuck off memer
>>
>>334921343
You Mario 64 babies are the worst
>>
>>334919742
I bought a Wii U in 2013
I fell for the /v meme (From /v to U) master race.

Fuck waste of money
>>
>>334922596
>/v
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>334922596
I'm sorry you have such shit taste in video games and are easily persuaded to buy things you aren't interested in.
>>
>>334922596
Learn how to make informed purchases and form your own opinions instead of relying on other people to do both for you.
>>
>>334921056
>a 10 year old couldn't complete

Call the press, there were kids playing and bearing all of nintendo and Sony's games.
>>
>>334919742

I realised sony is not for me since they revealed the worst controlers of the big 3, the shitalshock
>>
>>334922789
/v kept repeating Wii U was the greatest console ever, etc, etc it was going to be better than wii bla bla bla

Fuck all of you fucking liars and Treehouse puppets.
>>
>>334919742
When I realized I hated the 3DS library. Switched over to the Vita last year and never looked back.
>>
>>334923007
You've got no one to blame but yourself for not researching a big ticket purchase. Quit being a gullible retard.
>>
>>334923007
>>334922692
Fuck off.
>>
>>334919742
I play my 3ds regularly. The only first party game I give a damn about is acnl
>>
>>334919742
Around when I was 12 or so.

Apart from the NES and GB I've never really cared much for Nintendo products.
>>
I haven't. Getting Starfox on Friday
>>
>>334919742
after owning the Wii for a year. then i realised how toxic the fanbase was. they are full of double standards
>>
When they released the Gamecube and almost every game that wasn't Metroid Prime and Super Smash Bros Melee were self-indulgent tripe that nobody wanted like Luigi's Mansion and Wind Waker.

Who, aside from Nintendo themselves, want a fucking watered down Resident Evil homage with Luigi as a launch title, or Zelda with weeaboo graphics?

Say what you want about N64, but Nintendo actually gave people what they wanted pretty much every damn time like Mario 64 and OoT.
>>
>>334924138
>toxic
>>>/tumblr/
>>
The gamecube, it only had a couple of games I wanted to play whereas the N64 and SNES were loaded with great games.
>>
>>334924167
>talking shit about luigi's mansion
>>
>>334924394
Let's put it this way: Gamecube had one of the worst launch line ups in terms of good exclusives of any console every released by the "big four" console companies Nintendo, Sega, Microsoft and Sony.

And Luigi's Mansion is partly to blame because Nintendo apparently couldn't get anything better ready. If you want to know where the downfall of Nintendo began, it's right there.
>>
>>334924167
Who the fuck wanted a Mario racing game amiright? Who the fuck wanted a Mario RPG amiright? Who the fuck wanted a Mario board game amiright?
>>
>>334924836
The difference is those initial games were popular and helped make their consoles substantially more popular than Gamecube.
>>
>>334919742
Game Cube turned me away, but I came back to their home consoles in 2009 with the Wii. Wii U isn't nearly as good as the Wii was, but it shits all over the NoGames Cube. Ninty still makes some great handhelds though.
>>
>>334921056
When is the last time anyone not indie released a difficult game?
>>
>>334925025
The point is that there's nothing wrong with trying different things. Modern Nintendo has seen this themselves with success from Splatoon and Mario Maker. Luigi's Mansion may not have been successful but that doesn't mean it shouldn't have happened
>>
N64: carts and complex hardware drove developers away.
GBA: SNES port machine with too few buttons, and bad audio.

Why.
>>
>>334925268
(You)
>>
>>334925397
Dark Souls 3 is difficult i guess
>>
>>334926190
>Dark Souls is difficult
Wew
>>
>>334927605
Go play it then. It's significantly harder than 1,2 and BB.
>>
>>334929071
I did, they are all piss easy if you have the tiniest bit of patience in you. The games are about exploration and the journey, not "git gud so hard prepare to die :DD." I can see how the modern ADHD "gaymer" could find them difficult though.
>>
>>334925943
>implying the GBA isn't the best handheld console to ever exist

come on son
>>
>>334929790
>nintendo handheld without an original mario platformer
assss
>>
I haven't bought more games on a nintendo system since the SNES era, I'm pretty much still their target, more than I was for the gamecube and wii at least.
>>
>>334929932
>nintendo handheld with the library of 3 different handheld systems combined plus various SNES ports

best
handheld
of
all
time
>>
Around 15 which was 5 years ago, but I still enjoy their products.
>>
After the gamecube. I was that wierd kid in school while everyone else had fun with their PS2.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 492x492) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 492x492
My "review" of Memetendo

posting in a children's thread
he buys expensive Fischer-Price toys

Iwata
a failed businessman, the trick code monkey fraud of the group. knows two tricks: forced laughter and dying. Brava Iwata, brava!

Reggie
a failed viral marketer with an ugly wife and children with terrible names ('myson fils-amie?'). he knows he's the least popular employee and desperately tries to fit in by making Reddit-tier jokes

Miyamoto
an over-the-hill "developer" weighed down by his talentless cronies. only makes simplistic video games because they're immune to criticism. his latest production 'The Nintendo NX' will expose him as a fraud and be a spiritual and economic disaster. He will eventually go the route of gunpei yokoi , shrivel up and die at the ripe age of 80

Bill
the curdling definition of a parasite. ditters away on social media on while the men do all the hard work. got caught buying jewelry with actual devlopment budget money.

Sakurai
the only dev showing any self-improvement or growth. still has a long way to go, but has already outgrown Nintendo.

I like how Memetendo is a company founded upon innovation, insulting and berating others and their works, but HEAVEN FORBID that anyone criticize them! They'll even ban you from miiverse if they catch a whiff of dissatisfaction. It's amazing how creatively lazy the company has become. They were better when they were a starving group. Now they can sit on their fat asses, put on puppet shows and make bad facebook memes while you throw money at the screen. Amazing.
>>
>>334930519
Try a little less next time
+(you) for effort
>>
>>334930519
>"review"
funniest thing in this post
>>
>>334930842
>>334931047
It's cloned lasanga
>>
>>334931130
You mean repeat rigatoni?
>>
>>334919742
2001 when the gamecube came out with nothing but shit like Wind Waker and Sunshine. Two of the worst pieces of shit I've ever played.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.