[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Thrall a good character?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: Thrall-wow.jpg (60 KB, 359x483) Image search: [Google]
Thrall-wow.jpg
60 KB, 359x483
Is Thrall a good character?
>>
Lok'tar, friend. What is it you wish?
>>
no.
>>
>>334905827
He used to be.
>>
>>334905827
>fucking away to be a green jesus hobo leaving unexperienced Garrosh in charge
>get mad when Garrosh makes the horde great again
>MIA when Voljin goes MIA leaving fucking Slyvn as a warchief. Thats going to end up so fucking well
>>
>>334905827

He used to be, but then Menzen ran him into the ground in Cataclysm.
>>
File: 0354 - 8lcXb2Z.jpg (82 KB, 374x363) Image search: [Google]
0354 - 8lcXb2Z.jpg
82 KB, 374x363
>>334905996
>>334906680
>>
File: 1420578318050.jpg (97 KB, 800x1111) Image search: [Google]
1420578318050.jpg
97 KB, 800x1111
>>334906598
>Slyvn as a warchief

Baine and Lorthemar are still alive. Why the fuck is she calling the shots?
>>
>>334906896
Character assassination. they are go gonna pull a garrosh on her.
Or maybe quite the opposite, Slyvn has been going around trying to pull an arthas and sheeit and maybe in the end she will sacrifice her life for the horde because muh diversity and honor
>>
>>334905827
No, he's always been a one note goodie two shoes Chris Metzen self-insert since warcraft 3

On top of that he murdered Garrosh (the only half-decent character that's come out of WoW) because Blizzdrones couldn't handle a character that wasn't a fucking dullard like everyone else
>>
>>334906896
Either they are using it to kill of Slyvannas or they are really doing the "Change the warchief every expansion" idea that they threw around a while ago
>>
File: ChenStormstout1.jpg (76 KB, 629x736) Image search: [Google]
ChenStormstout1.jpg
76 KB, 629x736
>>334906896
Warchief Chen Stormstout when?

>Chill as fuck
>helped establish orgrimmar
>Panda's make more sense as a horde race than alliance
>>
>>334905827

Even in WC3 he was just okay. Definitely one of the weaker campaign protagonists. I don't play WoW because it's an MMO abomination but I've heard he goes full mary sue.
>>
>>334906896
Lorthemar (Blood elves as a whole really) are in Slyvannas's debt and has been so since she assisted them back in BC, Baine isn't going to become warchief before Lorthemar or Slyvannas.

Hell Lorthemar doesn't even care after Slyvannas's whole lich king fiasco as long as she doesn't raise blood elves from the dead.
>>
>>334905827
naw, he's been a mary sue since day one.

If this came out today it'd be the equivalent of people claiming black male power fantasy
>>
>>334905827
I'm glad they moved the story away from Thrall and Proudmoore as an item.

Could you imagine a human woman being the first lady of Orgrimmar?
>>
>>334907374
>care after
care about
>>
>>334907139
Pandas should be moved to Alliance. We don't want you. I'll admit this nigga was super chill and a well written character, but Panda players are the worst.

I'd gladly take on both Elf races if it meant getting ride of Panda players on the Horde.
>>
>>334905827
Used to be until he met Garrosh and made a series of bad decisions. Not to mention becoming Green Jesus. In case of the latter...WHO THE FUCK TOLD HIM TO DO THIS AND STOP BEING WARCHIEF?

I miss WCIII Thrall who was pragmatic.

>>334907437
At least one thing Metzen and Kossak did right.
>>
>>334907374
>blood elves owe sylvanas since she helped them during TBC

By this logic, they should be doing whatever Velen says since he helped with their redemption during the whole Sunwell thing.
>>
>>334907531
pandas and undead are the only good races on horde.

Don't do this
>>
I want to watch Thrall take a dump

Not like, actually see the shit come out of him, but watch him sit on the toilet, maybe read a newspaper.
>>
>>334907608
>troll
>>
File: 1461035658352.png (306 KB, 473x523) Image search: [Google]
1461035658352.png
306 KB, 473x523
>>334907608
>Undead
>Good
>>
>>334907576
I don't think we've seen the Blood elves and Velen interact since then so for all we know they could be on good terms?
>>
I feel like he's supposed to be the hero of wow but they just throw him into positions where he has no authority or reason to even be there.

Why was he in Dragon Soul? why couldn't have just been the dragonflights?

why did he kill garrosh? why challenge garrosh to this stupid orc honor shit and not just bring the faction leaders together to collectively execute him or something?
>>
>>334907810
he's always used as a plot device to have a reason for the horde to be there. Same with varian, it's just bad writing
>>
kill thrall
kill sylvanas
kill malfurion

there warcraft quality rises by at least 50%
>>
>>334907612

haha
>>
>>334907437
Wasn't it implied Aggra was knocked up at the end of Cata? How did that work out?
>>
>>334907956
The child was born sometime during MoP
>>
>>334907956
If she hasn't given birth at some point during Legion, we're to assume the writers forgot about it.
>>
File: Arthas_Stratholme_by_Tooth.jpg (121 KB, 1200x885) Image search: [Google]
Arthas_Stratholme_by_Tooth.jpg
121 KB, 1200x885
What does /v/ think of Arthas?
Was he a good boy who dindu nuffin?
>>
>>334905827
he was once. than cata came.
>>
>>334907956
Durak was born during MOP and they have another on they way apparently
>>
>>334906896
>that pic
I recently transmogged a priest draenei to wear the shadopan cloth armour, now I see this.
I use other shoulders though, I don't like the consortium mantle people seem to suggest with the shadopan set.
>>
>>334908062
wait, really? I need to look it up. I honestly don't remember anything about that.
>>
>>334908101
good character, enjoyable both pre and post fall and said fall was relatively well done

did not like how they turned the lich king from a new being born of arthas and nerzhul's union into "just arthas with cool powers" but that's a whole different mess
>>
>>334907437
>Could you imagine a human woman being the first lady of Orgrimmar?
That could have a lot of potential if we had writers who knew how to write politics and if WoW allowed them to move the plot in a meaningful way
>>
>>334908101
No but Uther and Jaina are also at fault for the culling of strath.
>>
>>334905996
>>334906680
>He sued to be

No he didn't
>>
>>334908101
Too easily influenced by the dark side. His betrayal felt forced. He literally felt like Anakin Skywalker.
>>
>>334908219
well if everyone acted sensibly and actually used their advantages fully the horde wouldn't win every battle against the alliance anymore, we can't have that
>>
>>334906896
>>334907374

Lorthemar is the most qualified person for the job, but he's outright said he doesn't want to be leader, he doesn't like politics.
>>
>>334908101
>>334908271
If Anakin Skywalker was like Arthas,Star wars episode 1-3 would have been enjoyable.
>>
>>334908271
he had seen his people be murdered en masse, their corpses desecrated and turned into weapons for a horde of mindless killers, then he is faced with having to make the hardest decision in his life where either choice goes against a core part of his being

then when he finally makes that choice after weeks of warfare and death had time to take their toll on his personality his mentor and close friend tells him to go fuck himself without even trying to understand his position and his longtime girlfriend breaks up on the spot

I don't think that's an unreasonable start for a fall to the dark side
>>
>>334907531
I don't play a panda, but I think their culture and lore are super neat. Alliance pandaren don't make sense. Why would they side with the imperialistic, arguably more warlike and aggressive faction after being enslaved by mogu for centuries? It just doesn't make sense.

Pandas are all about kicking back and being chill. You know, like most of the horde excluding garrosh and the undead.
>>
Sylvanas should have been the final boss of MoP, not Garrosh
at least the latter, despite his mistakes, did show that he could grow as a character
having him, partially through his own actions, lose everything and then being forced to work together with those he thought his enemy to retake it would have been a powerful moment
>>
>>334908542
>alliance
>more warlike and aggressive
>>
>>334908101
he was right until he reach northarend.

i still liked him when he became an edgelord undead. to bad WOTLK fucked his character up sideways. it should have all just been all arthas and not some dead orc cuck. i still dont get it. were they really fused or did they battle for full control over one another? and was arthes really doing everything after he became undead against his will? he seemed to enjoy himself in WC3. damn. WOTLK really messed things up.
>>
>>334906896
Lor'themar doesn't want any part in politics, he just wants to be a soldier.
Baine doesn't trust himself with the position.
Saurfang wants to take a step back from things, he's old, even running Orgrimmar is going far for him.
Gallywix and Boss Mida don't give a shit.

Sylvanas is the only one left in the Horde who is really capable of taking the warchief position.
>>
>>334905827
In warcraft 3 yes
In WoW no
>>
>>334908736
Sylvanas is also evil and diplomatically the single worst possible choice given she is personally responsible for several atrocities that would see her rightfully executed if she ever ended up in alliance custody

but I'm sure that'll get handwaved
>>
>>334907374
>twn be a wretched/withdrawal elf race
>>
>>334907948

I bet he can rip the strongest farts ever, haha
>>
>>334908649
>it should have all just been all arthas and not some dead orc cuck.
That's exactly what happened in WOTLK though.

Their fusing got somewhat retconned. Arthas basically took full control and almost all of his humanity was destroyed and fed to Frostmourne. Apparently Ner'zhul was also consumed by Frostmorune but I don't believe that for a second seeing how Bolvar changed the moment the crown was put on.

If you want to know why the LK's character was fucked in WOTLK, it's because of that fragment of humanity that was left in him
>>
>>334908642
Are you retarded? The alliance is more aggressive than the horde, in wc3, thrall moved his people to Kalimdor, on the other side of the entire fucking world to get away from the alliance, and the humans still chased them down and attacked them. All the second horde wanted was a place to settle since they couldn't go back to their home planet, and the humans, dwarves and elves hunted them down because they were offworlders.
>>
>>334908881
No, those atrocities are definitely part of Legion, it's now the main reason for unrest between Alliance and Horde. Genn chases after Sylvanas, wanting revenge for Gilneas and killing Nathanos, while Sylvanas just goes around finding new Val'kyr to raise Forsaken with and get more 1ups.

Supposedly, Sylvanas' arc is about her realizing what it means to be an actual leader and whether her people or her soul are more important.

So, yes, handwaved in the end.
>>
>>334908964
should have been a new entity with memories of both nerzhul and arthas
>>
>>334908881
The reason everyone should be glad Sylvlanas is taking the mantle, is that she's going to end up doing exactly what Garrosh did when he was in control.

I guarantee we'll be killing her in the expansion that follows after Legion.
>>
>>334908949
haha I wonder what they smell like
>>
>>334909002
wasn't the alliance forces in Kalimdor just Jaina's refugees running away from the burning legion?
>>
>>334909008
>sylvanas getting a redemption arc

no, for fucks sake no
there is absolutely no way they can do this and not have it feel forced, fake and absolutely and utterly undeserved

they had their chance for a redemption arc with someone slowly growing into a capable leader, his name was Garrosh and they ruined it.
>>
>>334909002
>Let's completely trust these people who came out of a portal that required several uncountable lives to be sacrificed to not ever attack and try to start a war with us again or their warlocks and fel magics because they are 100% completely trustable.
>>
>>334909119
I think he's talking about her father
>>
>>334909128
Illidan is getting the Kerrigan-Redemption, so they obviously don't give a fuck.
>>
>>334907139
Horde should have gotten Panda and Alliance should have gotten Murlocs. The Jinyu could have been made more Murloc like they were going to be and it would tie in with the expac.
>>
>>334906896
Seniority
>>
>>334909043
>waifu sylvanas getting killed
I wish but no, not happening
there's a bigger chance we'll have to kill Genn for trying to assassinate her than looting her suddenly less revealing pants
>>
>>334909038
Agreed, although he wouldn't have lost if that happened.
>>
>>334909002
Yes, let's ignore the orcs were and are genuine war criminals.
>>
>>334909162
talking about bear people
any reason the the alliance hasn't gotten furbolg yet?
>>
File: lisa.jpg (21 KB, 409x517) Image search: [Google]
lisa.jpg
21 KB, 409x517
>>334905873
>Meet Thrall somewhere outside of Orgrimmar.
>"Welcome to Orgrimmar! Have you come to server the Horde?"
>>
>>334905827

On Kel'thuzad vanilla I litarally logged out on his throne multiple times.
>>
>>334907139
>helped establish Orgrimmar
So did a number of other people, including the actual builders. Brick-Layer Peon for Warchief.

He doesn't even know much about The Horde. He's just a travelling adventurer.

You are silly.
>>
>>334909160
illidan always had some potential for redemption while the only thing separating sylvanas from the lich king is the size of their armies
>>
>>334909162
>>334909248
I fully expect the horde the get ogres in one exp, I just hope the alliance won't get the high elves.
>>
>>334909248
They're still considered primitive and most of them broke off from NElf culture due to their growing rage. Still, many are allied with Night Elves, and the faction on Azuremyst become indebted to the Draenei if you do the questline.
>>
>>334909309
And the fact Sylvanas just wish for the best of her country while the LK is insane.
>>
>>334909310
That's all I want actually. Ogre for Horde and High Elves for Alliance, with new models that aren't just reskinned BElfs. I want titty monster female high elf.
>>
>>334909329
the rage thing can't be to big an obstacle after they managed to get the worgen on the team
>>
>>334909378
>more elves
anon, stop being so boring
>>
>>334909378
But the Belfs are reskinned high elves.
>>
>>334909378
fuck no, no high elves
anything but high elves

if we're going balls of the wall with more monstrous species Nerubians for alliance when?
>>
>>334908881
And this is why I prefer the characters that appeared in WCIII to have their WCIII personalities.

>>334909002
Actually that part with Kalimdor was that none of the two knew about each other there.

Also add to the fact that Grom was there too, while the Alliance was also still remembering the whole animosities from the two first wars.

On the other hand we have Daelin, and the fact that I miss the times he was wrong. Yes, he had his reasons, but he wasn't there when both Jaina's people and Thrall's new Horde fought along with the NElves against Archimonde. He did not see that the Horde could change, but years of fighting and hatred clouded his judgement and made him do questionable decisions like lumbering all the trees in the place where the Storm Wyrms lived and causing them to rage at everyone and everything, or annexing Theramore and forcing the people there to fight the Horde.

>>334909119
Add to this that all of this was Medivh's doing.

>>334909309
Was he? I always saw him as well intentioned. Arrogant and extreme? Yes? Evil? Never purely. Only that every time he wanted to do something good it backfired and got flack for it. Only time he got to hear "Thank you" was when he saved Tyrande.

I for once want the Demon Hunter to have a good ending for all the things he experienced.
>>
>>334909378
You do realize that with the Sunwell restored that high elves and blood elves basically are back to being the exact same excluding eye colour right?
>>
>>334909309
He blows up planets, tortures people, brutally conquers Outland, enslaves the Broken Draenei, attacks Shattrath, antagonizes the Naaru, made a pact with Sargeras, betrayed multiple people multiple times.

Legion just rewrites him into a good boy who just wanted to blow up Argus and kill the Legion, not just rule like a tyrant. His shitlist is longer than Sylvanas'.
>>
>>334909448
>>334909402
Vrykul for the Alliance?
>>
>>334909365
You've got those swapped around
>And the fact Lich King just wish for the best of his country while Sylvanas is insane.
FTFY
>>
>>334909512
Not going to happen, they don't like the degenerates
>>
>>334909463
There are still High Elves that are part of the Alliance. They were major players in Mists of Pandaria.

Remaining High Elves abstained from using Fel Magic and never got their eyes tainted.
>>
>>334909482
to be fair, a lot of the things he did in TBC were widely out of character for him
heck TFT makes it fairly clear that his attempt to blow up northrend was misguided rather than evil
>>
>>334909540
Tuskar??
>>
>>334909482
HE DINDU NUFFIN
>>
>>334909540
That didn't stop the nazi's from allying with italy.
>>
>>334909565
Because he, supposedly, went insane after TFT, unable to deal with the fact that Arthas beat him. He twisted it in his mind, Illidan was still alive after the battle at Icecrown, and Arthas was nowhere to be seen, so surely Illidan must've won, and the reward of the victor is the place of the king!
>>
>>334909540
I could actually see some Vrykul join the alliance because the humans have earned their respect by beating them in combat at every possible engagement

but as a full race they might not work, what if instead we got racial variances like say
Vrykul variants for humans, dark iron dwarves, brown/fell orcs, high/night elves, mechanognomes, various different troll and goblin types etc
>>
File: fArtTA02.jpg (615 KB, 1500x1950) Image search: [Google]
fArtTA02.jpg
615 KB, 1500x1950
>>334909448

Thats literally never going to happen. They have to be humanoid because Blizz is lazy.

High Elves make the most sense and would stop the alliance from turning into a goddamn zoo. Yes they're practically indistinguishable from Belfs. Thrall and Garrosh are both Orcs. High Elves wouldn't use the blood elf models or animations with blue eyes. They'd be completely different. With only pointy ears connecting them.

But whatever. I dont care. I just want Ogres already.
>>
>>334909551
I know but the high elves are going to die off at some point especially with their extremely low numbers
>>
>>334908101
He is the greatest hero and villain in the entire lore. Driven by the desire to save the people of Lordaeron, he unwillingly sacrificed his soul and became a powerful pawn of the Legion. Wielding the powerful runeblade Frostmourne, he decimated the cities of Lordaeron and Silvermoon, accomplishing the goals set by his master Ner'zhul. He completely excelled at every mission, and successfully fought off two assassination attempts to unite with his master in the Frozen Throne. Arthas was the most intelligent and powerful death knight the lore has ever known, and we may never see the likes of him again. I want to believe he was never his true self after picking up Frostmourne, so every crime he committed afterwards was not his fault. He was a brash young man who fell as a result of his pursuit of vengeance for his people.
>>
>>334909687
>tfw mantid never, ever
my favorite thing about MoP
>>
>>334909687
I'd rather have murlocs than high elves
>>
>>334909551
Obviously, The only high elves that are left are either with the Alliance or in Dalaran. There's probably less than 10,000~ of them left in the world
>>
>>334909796
I'd love to play as Arakkoa. They could work as the Pandaren, they have a bunch of classes they can play as, humanoid model, it's perfect
>>
>>334909761
go away, Kel'thuzad
>>
>>334909832

Thats more than there are people in a server at any given time
>>
>>334908101
I always felt he was right upon until he decided to kill his own mercenaries in Northrend, that's when he wrote his own demise.. he probably wouldn't have gone down that route if Jaina and Uther didn't abandon him on the spot
>>
>>334909832
And? How many Pandaren do you think were on the Wandering Isles? Even before they split up to go to different factions?

How many Death Knight's do you think were at the battle of Light's Hope? How many Draenei were riding on the Exodar?

How many Goblin's were on Gallywix's ship?
>>
>>334909761
>I want to believe he was never his true self after picking up Frostmourne
Considering Frostmourne consumed a large part of his soul, You're not exactly wrong.
>>
>>334909872
they could work, they're a bit obscure though while I'm sure that PLAYABLE MURLOCS would be the bigger announcement on blizz's part
>>
>>334909761
>Powerful pawn of the Legion
The Legion feared him, why do you think Kil'jadeen was trying to get Illidan to blow up Northrend
>>
>>334909872
Arakkoa would be for both factions, like the Panderan, since they a lot in common with both sides. They mostly have stuff in common with the Horde, honestly, regular Arakkoa with the Tauren and other Shamanistic races, and the Outcasts with the Forsaken.

Horde should get Ogres soon, though, but I'm not sure who Alliance could get.
>>
>>334908101
well considering once he took frostmourne he lost his soul, he literally dindu nuffin.
>>
>>334909981
because they literally rebelled in TFT, but it was Arthas with the scourge who defended the portal so Archimonde could enter

that's why he was a pawn at first
>>
>>334909872
Gnolls and quillboars when?
>>
>>334909981
to kill the current Lich King and stop him from inhabiting Arthas. It wasn't arthas as he was that scared kil jaeden.
>>
>>334910109
>>334910072
This is why I want a WOW2. There are so many races we could play if we didn't have to follow the 2 factions system.
>>
>>334910109
hope you're not suggesting the latter join the horde because that'd give...issues
>>
>>334909935
And I'm asking why nobody called the two out on it.
>>
File: 1419655139414.png (24 KB, 198x213) Image search: [Google]
1419655139414.png
24 KB, 198x213
>>334910185

Undead should be their own before we start scrounging for trash mobs.

With Sylvanas well on her way to raid boss status, the Forsaken realistically should split off and become their own thing. (Obviously not going to happen because mmo mechanics and gameplay yadda yadda)

Point is the entire race is evil. Killing the bitch queen solves nothing really.

Fucking mmos. They're just going to loot her pants, put a new ruler in and pretend they arent still raising the dead and going full Josef Mengele down there.
>>
>>334910237
Probably because people were too per-occuiped at the time.
>>
No. Thrall and the bullshit retcons he brought with him can get fucked
>>
>>334909761
Agreed. Frostmourne's nature IS the reason why he turned into his current self.
>>
>>334910382
Not that surprising considering it was made by the dreadlords
>>
File: 1460741356332.jpg (307 KB, 1916x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460741356332.jpg
307 KB, 1916x1080
>Sylvannas in charge as Warchief

>"Don't use that plague"
>"okay"
>she uses that plague

Best idea ever
>>
>>334910485
Of course she would use it, if she's in charge then she can change the laws, not to mention that most of the remaining leaders simply don't give a fuck about it as long as it doesn't target their own people
>>
>>334910348
Darn. Pity there's no option to call out Jaina and Uther's ghost by telling them that Arthas becoming a Death Knight, and later the Lich King, was at part their fault and that they should take some of the responsibility for it, and that what they pulled off at Stratholme was no short of betrayal and abandoning him when he was about to do the hardest decisions in his life. Not to mention that if they stuck to him up to the point where he arrived to the place where Frostmourne was along with Muradin, then they could've stopped the whole thing. Instead they made Ner'Zhul's prophecy fulfill itself.

Would imagine the reactions of them if the players had this option.

>>334910459
Dreadlords man. Blizzard made them the ultimate corruptors.
>>
>wow related thread
>still didn't turn into goat porn
huh
>>
>>334910584
So much for Thrall redeeming the Orcs...

>>334910665
Insane, isn't it?
>>
>>334906896
How old is Bane? Even if he dies, is he coming back as a cow ghost like in WCIII?
>>
>>334910691
Orcs are irredeemable. Every single expansion since Cata proves it
>>
Any new race/class combination in legion so far? I heard of gnome hunters
>>
>>334910584
>sylvanas will use plague left and right
>tons of casualties
>alliance still won't even get to conquer a single outpost
>>
>>334909365
Doesn't sylvanas want to make everyone undead and Forsaken?
>>
>>334910767

Nope. Just them.
>>
>>334910635
It should be noted that Uther does blame himself for not being more reasonable with Arthas at Strathome. Jaina on the other hand gets off scot free

>>334910738
Considering his father was rather old, he's probably in his 20's or 30's which is still nothing compared to Lorthmar or Slyvannas who are somewhere in the thousands of years old.

>>334910789
No, she just doesn't want to die and go to the void (Which is what happens to all undead) which is why she is looking for a way to avoid that fate.
>>
>>334910756
And that's bullshit. TFT showed that they were pulling it off, and every other WoW expansion before the clusterfuck that was Cataclysm.

All because Kossak wanted WCII genocidal butcher Orcs back.
>>
>>334910809
Why, I really wanted to play as Worgen shaman. Fem Draenei it is, like every other character I can make Draenei.
>>
File: arthastext01.jpg (53 KB, 580x325) Image search: [Google]
arthastext01.jpg
53 KB, 580x325
Reminder that the Arthas novel was wrong about him. He was never in control. When he was at the brink of death, the blue glow of his eyes faded, and his voice returned to normal. "Father, is it over?" He was clearly a prisoner of Ner'zhul and he most likely held the Scourge from decimating Azeroth. He was a hero until the very end.
>>
>>334910887
He didn't seemed a prisioner to me in W3 and TFT
>>
>>334910850
>does blame himself for not being more reasonable with Arthas at Strathome
Well that's something.

>Jaina on the other hand gets off scot free.
Dammit.

>>334910887
This. I can agree with this. No sarcasm.
>>
>>334910851
TFT didn't show shit. It's roughly the only time orcs aren't complete shitbags.
>WC3 Thrall trusts Grom and the Warsong not to fuck things up
>they sign up with the demons at the drop of a hat
>along comes WoW and here we have the Warsong continuing to be a bunch of cunts, and the rest of the Horde approves
>>
>>334910887
No. See >>334908964
>>
>>334908101

It was when he betrayed his friends and soldiers that he did bad: it's a telling sign he didn't lose his powers by the time Strathalome was over: hell, he STILL had a chance to turn back when he was using Frostmorne. The point of no return is when he let his hatred consume him.
>>
>>334910968
if thrall really wanted to be diplomatic he'd not have named his capitol hitlerville
>>
>>334911024
to be fair though in warcraft a paladin's powers come from his belief that he is right rather than being objectively good or evil
a paladin with powers is simply one that hasn't lost faith in himself
>>
>>334910887
>"Father, is it over?"
You do realize that after Frostmourne broke he got his soul back right?
>>
>>334910968
Bad writing dude.

In the hands of a good writer, Thrall would've been more competent and learned something out of it.

Also he could have the Warsong on a short leash, didn't whitewash Grom when meeting Garrosh and tell him to not be a dick like his father, and not go off to be Green Jesus for no reason.
>>
>>334909761

Even though what he did is unforgivable...I sort of want to believe that too.
>>
>>334908486
Except he doesn't struggle with that decision at all.
>>
>>334911040
Or named his faction the Horde in the first place. The Horde was entirely an invention of the demon blood chugging asshole orcs. The fact that they take any pride in the name is retarded.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>334910887

In my mind he lost himself the moment he put the helm on. Its the perfect ending to TFT.

Sure he fucked over everyone and everything he cared about but at least he gets to be the big cheese right? Nah. Arthas doesn't win. He doesn't become the super cool darth vader type. His brains merged with some orc asshole and hes forced to spend the rest of his long, long life sitting alone on a frozen spire commanding the undead.

The whole of TFT is just Nerzhuls plot to get a new body and he played Arthas hard.
>>
My fucking god I'm tired of all this "Arthas dindu nuffin" bullshit when he clearly did do something.
Sure he was gonna stop the burning legion with the Scourge because it was un-fucking-stoppable but holy shit.

Him and the Lich King FUSED in personality, I don't care about what retcons there are they became one in WotLK and Ner'zhul wanted revenge on the BL he didn't want to destroy Azeroth.

Arthas was just a fucker who got cocky and then he lusted for power and abandoned the holy light when he could've became something more powerful than it and the legion
>>
>>334911024
light powers don't work like that, remember the Scarlet Crusade? they are basically evil fucks but can use the light
>>
>>334910635

>But then ILLY-DAN destroyed the Dreadlord homeworld offscrean lolololololol XD
>>
>>334911196
Considering the Dreadlords are basically the masterminds of the legion killing the large majority of them by blowing up their planet is a pretty good move
>>
>>334911112
You can blame a lot of blizzard's decisions on bad writing. But I'm fairly sure the consistent portrayal of orcs as unable to get past their savage and war hungry nature is intentional.
>>
File: tumblr_nsgln1egNd1ucxsygo1_400.jpg (38 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsgln1egNd1ucxsygo1_400.jpg
38 KB, 400x388
>>334911196
>Illidan gets redeemed into a fucking HOLY DEMON HUNTER while Arthas dies and is forgotten
>>
>>334911370
As it should be.
>>
>>334911370
Where the fuck do you get the idea he's becoming a holy demon hunter?
>>
>>334910185
>alliance, horde, undead, and stragglers
>guilds can only be composed of a specific faction
>the capital cities and maybe one or two outposts are actually controlled by those factions
>guilds can take and hold the other outposts
>guilds can ally with any other guild or declare war on other guilds limited only by whether or not they're on an RP server
>make crafting more important to the game
>place certain kinds of rare crafting materials in dungeons
>dungeons also drop "sets" with their main purpose for people who like to play dress up

It would be a clusterfuck I think.
>>
>>334911252

He did something a fucking TITAN failed to do, where presumably galactic empires that make Azeroth look like the backward feudalistic craphole it is also failed.
>>
>>334911418
>he doesn't know
>>
>>334911196
Wasn't he planning to do so by unleashing his Illidari on them, but TBC made it that those failed due to PC meddling?

>>334911252
Agreed. Without the Dreadlords, the Legion would be simply a easy to fight bruteforce faction.

>>334911320
Or at least they could make it that they are trying to have a hold on them.

>>334911370
>>334911412
Actually wasn't there a unnamed tomb in Stormwind with Arthas's remains?

>>334911418
Naaru appears in a vision Illidan gets. Tells him to fight Legion and shit.
>>
File: 1336448236464.jpg (229 KB, 825x638) Image search: [Google]
1336448236464.jpg
229 KB, 825x638
I just want my old god expansion. Where Eldritch abominations bubble up all over Azeroth and giant tentacles burst out of the ground and strangle cities.
>>
>>334911486
Illidan was planning on blowing Argus up like he did with the Dreadlord's homeworld and the Illidari were going to help him do so
>>
>>334910201
So would gnolls joining the alliance I think, so yeah gnolls to horde, and piggies to alliance, could even write it that since the defeat of LK undead gnolls have "joined" up with the forsaken .
>>
>>334911579
Next expansion
>>
Friendly reminder that if Akama stayed in line, Argus would have been blown up along with Kil'jaeden and Archimonde years ago
>>
>>334911579
I'm sorry anon, but Old Gods are not eldritch anymore, they are just cancer created by Void Lords to infect planets and are pretty weak.
>>
>>334911438
I was thiknign about 4 big factions: horde, old alliance, nelves, undead, the rest of the races can work with all of these. Guilds from those 4 factions can cooperate with each other on raids and dungeons, but they are still enemies in the rest of the world. A lot more emphasis on the world and the actions of the characters, every city but few can be permanently conquered and lost by a faction.
>>
>>334911604
I still wonder why its constantly ignored that the first thing the orcs did when coming to kalimdor was start the quilboar genocide

constant talk about the evil evil alliance following them there to kill them all, but nothing about the fact that if they succeeded in killing the orcs they'd have saved a vastly more innocent species in the process
>>
>>334911579
I want a colorful expansion without demons and orcs.
>>
>>334911705
well, in Orc's defense, it's a giant boar race. they were probably hungry as fuck and wanted a delicious quil sandwich.
>>
>>334911705
Not just the quilboars. They did a number on the harpies too
>>
>>334911806
well who knows how other biologies work
maybe orc meat is a delicacy to gnomes?
>>
>>334911849
and then went on to kill night elves and only stopped because they finally met something that could actually fight back

...putting them into camps was an objectively good act wasn't it?
>>
>>334911876
maybe. I'd eat female draenei ass if I could.
>>
>>334911940
It's an absolute joke that Orcs haven't been wiped out yet.
>>
>>334911940
>...putting them into camps was an objectively good act wasn't it?
Considering they were fed and housed, and had wizards trying to cure their lethargy, yes it was.
Though Genn was right, the lot of them should've been executed
>>
>>334911982
The only reason they weren't is because of the leaders of the Alliance after the wars
>>
File: 1445126626022.jpg (439 KB, 636x900) Image search: [Google]
1445126626022.jpg
439 KB, 636x900
>>334908881

>worgen actually being relevant for once

Lets hope that ends in a satisfactory manner.
>>
>>334912047
yet blizzard is still pushing the "muh camps" angle
>>
>>334912110
this was directed at >>334909008
>>
File: murlocrace.jpg (225 KB, 1002x750) Image search: [Google]
murlocrace.jpg
225 KB, 1002x750
>>
>>334912110
a very satisfied Genn Greymane holding her heart in his paw while picking bits of valkyr between his teeth with his other one?
>>
>>334912217
Are the Val'kyr made of flesh?
>>
Before WoW yes, after WoW no, after Cataclysm fuck no wtf. It made no sense to ally with the Forsaken in the first place other than hurr common enemies but jesus everything else wtf
>>
File: 1453293617699.png (29 KB, 213x248) Image search: [Google]
1453293617699.png
29 KB, 213x248
>>334912110
>tfw no cute elf girlfriend.
>>
>>334912262
if sufficiently motivated the worgen will find a way to rip'n tear'm
and they're very, very motivated
>>
>>334912262
Only one way to find out.

RIP AND TEAR
>>
>>334912275
>tfw no cute elf sex slave
>>
>>334912325
>worgen
>doing anything
Next you'll tell me Velen will get involved in an expansion pack directly related to the Legion
>>
>>334912217
Haha, More like Genn getting told off by the other leaders of the Alliance for attacking the horde in the middle of a fucking legion invasion with Sylvanas having even more Val'kyr's on her side.

>>334912262
Considering they leave a corpse behind when they die? Yes
>>
>>334912119
>>334912047
>>334911849
>>334911705
>no one cares about the murlocs
>everyone everywhere genocides them on a daily basis
>All they want to do is own beachfront property

It's a travesty I tell ya.
>>
File: 1375507583508.jpg (88 KB, 500x671) Image search: [Google]
1375507583508.jpg
88 KB, 500x671
>>334912325
>>334912342
>>
>>334909162
I'd rather we got the Saurok and the Horde got the Hozen
>>
>>334912374
I swear to god if its green jesus again who takes the reigns instead of Velen....
>>
File: 1453301540582.jpg (26 KB, 243x348) Image search: [Google]
1453301540582.jpg
26 KB, 243x348
>>334912373
>>
>>334912517
>the Saurok
Do you mean the Jinyu?
>>
Remember the Mary Sue abomination known as Med'an? I don't fucking know what Blizzard was thinking when they made that guy.
>>
>>334912393

>varian acted like a dick whenever orcs were involved
>nobody says shit
>sylvanas personally killed genn's son
>wanting revenge for that is unacceptable

Stormwind can try to reign him in, but the only group the Worgen owe anything to are the night elves.
>>
>>334912562
Where is he now? When will he appear in game?
>>
>>334905827
In Warcraft 3 yes.
>>
>>334912535
Don't think that's possible, Green Jesus has lost his powers after all.

>>334912562
Just be thankful he has basically been retconned.

>>334912586
Oh, Genn is well within his rights to be pissed at the Forsaken. It's just that he's attacking them at the worst possible time for everybody, He's basically being an idiot yet again
>>
>>334910887
Back in Wotlk a blue post had confirmed that Arthas completely eliminated Ner'Zhul and that he's gone forever
>>
>>334912586
its a damn shame the night elves were neutered
WCIII's night elves would have had one hell of a dynamic with the worgen
>>
>>334912639
Never. Blizz wants us to forget that ever happened
>>
>>334912673
>Don't think that's possible, Green Jesus has lost his powers after all.

yeh and by the end of the xpac he'll get his powers back EVEN STRONGER THAN BEFORE
>>
File: 1445127389779.jpg (734 KB, 725x1120) Image search: [Google]
1445127389779.jpg
734 KB, 725x1120
>>334912673
>It's just that he's attacking them at the worst possible time for everybody

To be fair when is he going to get another chance?

If Sylvanas is personally wandering around the Broken Isles then the man has to take his shot before she fucks off the the Undercity again.
>>
>>334912785
The Undercity gets invaded via the sewers for the second time in Legion. That place is a revolving door
>>
>>334912785
honestly post siege of orgrimmar the alliance should have launched a massive counter-offensive to retake all conquered territory from the forsaken

forsaken may have their plague and shit but if the hammer of a united eastern-kingdoms alliance front came down on them with the kalimdor horde unable to intervene they'd be forced into making concessions real fast
>>
>stumble into hero of the maghar quest chain
>had no idea how long and what a journey it would be to complete it
>that last sequence in nagarand
>"at long last, i am home..."
>thrall meets his grandma
>"this day, grandson - you are the great joy of my heart."

that quest was fucking amazing
>>
>>334912904
That would have happened if the game wasn't based around keeping the factions equal in power.
>>
>>334912697
>WCIII's night elves would have had one hell of a dynamic with the worgen

Most stuff left over from Cata is kind of fucked. Worgen in particular should have been properly expanded - they could have taken the role of Alliance shock troops, meaner and scarier than anything the Alliance has had up to that point.

Instead we barely even saw them DURING Cataclysm. I would have loved to see them remodel their own portion of Darnassus into some sort of miniature Gilneas City instead of getting some shitty tree.
>>
>>334912904
Quite frankly, the land (excluding Gilneas and Stromguard) does belong to the Forsaken considering they are the former owners of the land
>>
>>334907437
Yeah, could you imagine if a demon was second in command to the forsaken.
>>
>>334913135
So are the living humans that the Forsaken decide to murder in their starting zone
>>
>>334912904
Friendly reminder that the Forsaken and the blood elves could have been part of the Alliance if the Alliance didn't try to kill/betray them

>>334913228
The Scarlet crusade is trying to Genocide them, The Forsaken returning the favor is to be expected
>>
>>334913135
except that is patently not true
the forsaken primarily come from former inhabitants of Tirisfal and the areas currently known as the plaguelands
the other areas were still inhabited by living lordaeron citizens which then were invaded and murdered by the forsaken
Alliance could easily justify reconquering everything up to the shadowfang keep
>>
>>334913321
so because the scarlet crusade is trying kill the forsaken, the forsaken are justified in torturing every single human everywhere to death?

scarlet crusade seem like the good guys in this scenario
>>
>>334912374
How is Velen still alive when alternate timeline Velen an heroed to heal that dying naaru?
Are they two separate Velens?
What would happen if we brought the broken Akama to Azeroth and then back through the portal into the alternate Draenor to meet with the WoD Akama? Would they explode?
>>
>>334913416
>Are they two separate Velens?

Yes.

>Would they explode?

Doubtful, but that makes me wonder. Did anyone end up meeting their alternate timeline version in Warlords?
>>
>>334913383
>the forsaken are justified in torturing every single human everywhere to death?
Except that's not what they are doing? They are just killing all the human's that are in their territory

>scarlet crusade seem like the good guys in this scenario
They've never been the good guys, the good guys joined the Argent dawn.
>>
>>334913576
>They are just killing all the human's that are in their territory
no they are killing all the humans that live anywhere they retroactively claim as their territory, starting with innocent farmers
>>
>>334913496
I don't think so.
Maraad is the only one that could have, but it's not hinted anywhere that he actually did.
>>
Let's get critical.

What makes thrall a good or bad character in War3/WoW?

Who's your favorite Blizzard character, if any?
>>
File: 1420581185620.png (1 MB, 892x1200) Image search: [Google]
1420581185620.png
1 MB, 892x1200
>>334913720
>Maraad is the only one that could have

Maybe if Velen wasn't being so fucking useless and just chilled in the Exodar the entire time.

Why are the Draenei so pointless?
>>
>>334913664
You are telling me I'm meant to feel sympathetic for human's dumb enough to stay near the capital of a undead army?
>>
>>334913771
>Why are the Draenei so pointless?
Because they were only created to set up the burning legions backstory?
>>
>>334912191

That would be less bullshit than many other things that actually happened at that point.
>>
>>334913803
you're telling me the alliance is not justified in military actions against the forsaken for outright murder?
>>
>>334912549
The Jinyu could have been just a group of pandaren that likes water with barely an impact to the story.
>>
>>334913978
No? I'm just saying the Land belongs to the Forsaken, I know they are complete monsters but that's not the point I was trying to get at
>>
>>334913763

He's a bad character in WoW because he does wrong and never gets blamed for it.

I mean even during their fight in WoD, Garrosh outright tells him "Hey all this is your fault" and Thrall pretty much just says "lol no it isn't".

He's bad because he's boring. If he never does anything wrong then he can't grow as a character.

>Who's your favorite Blizzard character

Rexxar.
>>
>>334913576
>They are just killing all the human's that are in their territory

Back when Dalaran was a big bubble in the ground, Horde players were running around killing Dalaran mages.

It's arguable that they had just as much right to be there, seeing as the city was right there.
>>
>>334914058
only tirisfal and the plaguelands could be argued as belonging to them
retaking southshore, gilneas and the surrounding areas would be completely justified
>>
>>334905827
not really he had lots of backstory sure but somehow he failed to have any depth the entire time

His most recent motivations have not made much sense either

Suddenly being a reckless asshole rather and ye chosen one so that they can peruse some shitty redemption plot later
>>
>>334914163
I won't agree about the Village in Silverpine but they really shouldn't have had quests to kill the Kirin Tor mages patrolling outside of the bubble
>>
>>334908101

i never understood why arthas is not the king of the undead but this bitch sylvannas
>>
>>334914518
Because the Lich King was losing his power and control over the undead slowly due to removing Frostmourne from the Frozen throne
>>
File: 1457711526156.jpg (313 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457711526156.jpg
313 KB, 1920x1080
>>334914518

>arthas

He's dead, yo.
>>
Thrall taking off the Doom Plate was symbolic of his castration by Aggra who now made all his life decisions for him.
>>
>>334914686

Deepest lore.
>>
>>334907139
Ralph..
>>
I get the feeling the writers are litteraly in love with Thrall
>>
>>334914826
He was Metzen's self-insert
>>
>>334914163

Dalanar are those annoyingly neutral fags who would sacrifice their own kin to remain neutral, and it's ultimately bitten them in the ass enough times that they've finally gotten back into the Alliance.

Maybe all the factions can learn to get along this time.
>>
>>334914884
Not anymore as Jaina got kicked out of power
>>
>>334914884
>they've finally gotten back into the Alliance.
Not if Khadgar has anything to say about it.
>>
>>334915112
knowing how blizz operates these days dalaran is going to join the horde
>>
File: Life Lab love languages.jpg (843 KB, 2122x1415) Image search: [Google]
Life Lab love languages.jpg
843 KB, 2122x1415
OMG OMG OMG I LOVE Thrall~!!!! HE IS JUST SO LE EPIC FRICKING AWESOME XDDD and misterious (like me) O_o….. with his fucking COOL AS FUCK SHOUTING. This is a REAL WARCHIEF, unlike that mainstream Garbosh. Hell why cant more orcs be this cool !!!!!!!!he is majestic and TERRIYFIENG as leader (like “FOR THE HRODE” and “LOK TAROGAR”) I mean. Real warchief should be EDGY!!! DARK!!! DANGEROUS!!! (…like my soul>_<), not boring and stupid

They even had him help a human in one of his missions (but it was about sex, and that is just stupid because thats like all other orc females) but he is just so COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!! Also, the green guy (i think he’s on their first game cover and his OMG OMG PENIS XDXDXDXD was on one of theirs two (and i wanna suck it ;333)) covers about real THINGS like stopping the corrupt alliance!!! He’s right, because varian ) is a terrorist!!! When I grow up I want to be on the Doomhammer, on that shaman shit and just fuck kill steal shit too, so I can be like Thrall……

so guys what person do you think matches the awesomeisty and intensity of thrall!!!?
>>
>>334914254
Gilneas was never theirs and was never theirs.

Neither were Dalaran's feuds.
>>
File: 1460191471303.png (176 KB, 460x320) Image search: [Google]
1460191471303.png
176 KB, 460x320
>>334916792
Do you mean fiefs?
>>
>>334906896
>Baine and Lorthemar are still alive. Why the fuck is she calling the shots?

-Lorthemar is just a comic OC, he has yet to do a single thing except getting butthurt for quel'delar, his character will be changed in the books, not in the game

-Baine is a useless copy of his father, created only to highlight the "our race is in a pinch, thanks for saving us" in war3, they kept him just for the achievements in wow

Sylvanas is the best character to attract the new playerbase (~12 years old mentality) she is edgy, she has boobs, a powerful character in hots and a mandatory card in heartstone

that's why
>>
>>334914663
Implying good old Kel ain't gonna go and try to resurrect him.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.