[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Meet people in RL or through chatrooms >They try to talk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 32
File: 1460450393316.jpg (59 KB, 1057x611) Image search: [Google]
1460450393316.jpg
59 KB, 1057x611
>Meet people in RL or through chatrooms
>They try to talk to me about a bunch of stuff
>Politics, food, sports, movies, books, war, music, celebrities, economical changes, different countries ect
>I've done fucking nothing in my life except play videogames for my entire life
>Have absolutely nothing to add to any conversation

Does anyone else share this feel?

Videogames are the only thing that make me relatively happy any more, and now I can't even talk to people unless it's specifically about videogames, which doesn't fucking happen except on here.
>>
>>334900027
>Does anyone else share this feel?
No, I don't play video games. As a matter of fact, I hate video games.
>>
>>334900163
>"I'm desperate for attention"
>practically begging to someone to screencap your post
off to reddit you go
>>
>>334900027
>all the friends and acquaintances I know are basically casual gamers
>want to talk about video games but they always give me strange looks whenever I try to talk about anything that isn't mainstream
>for whatever reason, they always act like they're SUCH GEEKS LOL XD even though they always talk about the plebbiest shit

Fuck.
>>
>>334900163
XD
>>
Then just listen to them. Its ok to not know things as long as you learn them when you get the chance. And if you wanna talk about games then talk about games.
>>
>>334900497
At least I have one hardcore friend who I can have deep conversations with about philosophy and shit, whilst switching the conversation to shit like RoboticBagel in a second.

It's fucking fantastic.

You just can't do that shit with normies. It's always "Oh hows your job going" or "Was a good game last night huh! Chelsea was great" or shit like that.

I just wish I could talk about why shit is stupid with people but everyone just rejects you.
>>
Politics, food, sports, movies, books, war, music, celebrities, economical changes, different countries, ect is a very large area to not have an opinion on. Surely you have friends and keep track of the news every so often? Even 4chan has a bunch of specialized boards with great stuff. Pick one and learn all about that subject. It's fun.
>>
I asked a question, you're deflecting it towards me because you're fucking weak. It doesn't matter how much you work or go to school and it never will, you were born weak and you will die weak. Me, I had a period of my life I fell off, yeah. But I'm taking control. You know why? Because I can. I can surprass you with no fucking effort. Just because I chose to live the way I have doesn't mean I'm stuck there forever. I made those choices and I'm making the choice to stop letting other people run away with whatever illusion of power I've instilled upon them. I am greater than you and always will be. So don't come at me sideways thinking you're fucking sweet or something. Taking shorts cause I'm in Florida when you couldn't say a word to me when I was home. It is my concern and it will be my concern. Fall Back.
>>
>>334900802
what the fuck is even happening right now
>>
File: Truth.jpg (70 KB, 389x660) Image search: [Google]
Truth.jpg
70 KB, 389x660
>>334900027
>Being a 20 yrs NEET
>can't even afford monthly sub in ffxiv
>All mah skype guild friends are 30+ richfags
>>
>>334900739
>Was a good game last night huh!
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
>>
>>334900739
Yeah, I honestly think I'm about done with people altogether.

I suck at small talk and no matter what, it always seems like I'm always a few levels above everyone else when it comes to most anything and I'm not even that 'cultured'. But it always seems no matter what, whenever talking to anyone anything 'nerd'-related, they never have the depth of knowledge that I do. I guess it's because they don't spend all day on the internet talking about video games like a fucking loser like I do but even still, it's just so annoying. Everyone comes off as vapid to me.

>inb4 "He tipped his fedora" or some equivalent
>>
>>334900774
I've literally never given a shit about any of those things ever.

Well I mean, I like music and movies, but I never even watch TV let alone movies because games are just better, and I don't have a deep or wide amount of music I enjoy, so listening to 99% of stuff I hate isn't fun to me. Everything else is stuff I just do not care about at all.

It's my own fault of course, but it's still shit. I just couldn't care less about who the next prime minister is or whatever.
>>
>>334900976
I just want to dive into the deep stuff right away with people. But as soon as you start talking about life and why it all means nothing, or why hitler did a few things right and was just a human being, people instantly think you're a freak.
>>
File: 1460121820242.jpg (85 KB, 759x1092) Image search: [Google]
1460121820242.jpg
85 KB, 759x1092
>>334900976
>>
>>334900774
I'll be honest and say that I don't know much about politics. I know I should care and though I do fall into the 'American left', I don't know enough to really follow what's going on to the minute detail and it makes me feel stupid.

Even still though, I do imagine that I'm decently informed on a few other subjects, like music and movies. When it comes to that sort of thing, I'm most certainly more 'patrician' than most other people. And it annoys me.

I just wish that I had a bro I could talk about the games that I like with.
>>
>>334901178
Woah dude, I wouldn't go that far.

But I do find myself wanting to be reclusive.

>>334901204
:^)
>>
you need to diversify your interests
>>
>>334900027
Yeah, I can't really talk about normal stuff in-depth like I can talk about video games. I have a pretty narrow world-view, I guess. But I don't really try to make new friends or talk to people anymore, so it all works out.

>>334900976
You do sound very fedorian.
>>
>>334901337
But I hate everything else!

I hate most videogames as well.
>>
You nigs have it easy, all I know about is anime. My knowledge on vidya decreases by the day.
>>
>>334901393
>You do sound very fedorian.
I'm savvy enough to come off as a normie IRL though. Most people think I'm just some normal, if quiet guy.

None of them realize I'm a depressed NEET who considers suicide because fuck it all, man.

The more I think about it, the more I realize I'm utterly sick of the world I live in. Sick of the way things are, sick of where I'm stuck in life, sick of all the people around me, et cetera.

I don't really want to make new friends anymore, cuz I don't want them to get close to me and I'm thinking about shutting off mostly everyone I know.
>>
>tfw can't into smalltalk or nice chats
>have an 11/10 voice so people will just listen to literally anything I say anyway
>have people literally add me just to hear me say random shit

at least I have one redeeming quality
>>
dunno, people complain proportional to their level of unhappiness

since you're a whiny bitch you aren't happy so obviously you're only doing it out of habit. break that shit and do something else
>>
>>334900774
It's far more likely that he (and everyone what ITT) are well versed in all of those things and post about them frequently on /v/. He can have discussions about all those things through text but verbal conversation leads to stuttering and spaghetti.
>>
>>334901516

stop being 15
>>
Theres this girl i know that thinks shes the pinnacle of geekiness for loving dragon age inquisition and league of legends and any attempt to get her into other stuff has been met with hostility

Just accept that most people are really fucking not worth it OP
>>
>>334901654
Out of all the 'geeky' interests, anime is probably the one that interests me the least. I do like it but I don't 'get' people who watch every anime every season and collect anime figurines and such. I shouldn't be like that but idk man, it's not my thing. I don't judge though.

>>334901814
>He can have discussions about all those things through text but verbal conversation leads to stuttering and spaghetti.
Me to a T.

Funny thing is, I swear it's not like I'm not confident until I open up my mouth and then suddenly I just get flustered and stumble through what I'm trying to say, plus people can never seem to hear me because apparently I don't speak loud enough.
>>
>>334901814
Oh no, I'm absolutely fine at talking to other people if I just so happen to know about something.

I just literally have almost no knowledge in these areas.
>>
>>334901683
I've cut contact with the majority of people I know and I'm actually a lot happier. Don't know how it will affect me in the future but whatever.
>>
>>334901985
Fuck people like that. They are the worst. I hate posers like that and the mainstream never calls them out for being posers.

Like it seems like any time anyone I know IRL wants to talk about vidya, they always talk about Destiny or some shit.
>>
>>334900027
Mainline politics discussion is generally for retards.
I don't see how you can fail to discuss fod as everybody eats.
Sports are shit.
Books are good but hard to discuss unless you narrow it down by type.
Don't know what there is to discuss about war unless you've been deployed or work in defense
Most people are musical plebs
Anyone who discusses celebs is brain dead
Same with anyone who discusses economics without any background in economics, and even then I have my doubts
Other countries are usually more or less like your own if you live in the western first world.
>>
>>334900027
Listen to my advice, kid, the more opinions people have, the more ignorant they are. Just nod or say "I tried to read/watch this once, not really interesting". They are bigger liars than you, in fact, they are afraid of the constant routine and the void that is filling their lives.

They are bitter as fuck. They will ALWAYS, and I mean it, say what they would have gotten but instead they ended up with X/Y/Z. On all topics, if you listen closely enough, they just try to exist by saying the closest thing they got in mind.

Overall, don't bother too much, just drink your beverage and participate casually, don't spaghetti.
>>
>>334900027
>implying they know much of anything about those subjects, or have well informed, well thought out, opinions/thoughts that might be useful in those areas
>implying it's not just a bunch of people talking about things they barely know anything about so they have something to talk about
Don't really see the point in something like that.
>>
>>334901757
>dunno, people complain proportional to their level of unhappiness

Citation needed.

I've known a lot of people over my lifetime that will complain just to fill silence or because they're bored. That usually means the complaint isn't heartfelt, more of a "what's the deal with airline food?" type situation. He's trying to start a dialogue about something he has a vague (or specific) dislike of.
>>
People just like to talk. What you say doesn't really matter as long as they get to keep talking.
>>
>>334901178
Have you seen look who's back? Great movie.
>>
>>334902318
>Sports are shit.
Subjective but this is how I feel. Fuck sports too and the people who watch them. Utterly boring most of the time unless it's old school boxing, MMA (eh) and professional wrestling, which I think is pretty cool and can be seen as performance art.

However:
>Most people are musical plebs
>Anyone who discusses celebs is brain dead
These I can most certainly attest to. It really does seem like the vast majority of people I run into have the absolutely worst taste in music.

And I only really talk about celebrities to fit in with normies and find something to talk about with them. But people who genuinely get into celebrity gossip are morons.
>>
>>334900027
They're just as shallow and hollow as you anon.

They just fill it in with what they think makes them sound interesting and educated.

Pro tip: everyone in life is bullshitting.
>>
File: 1459348714827.jpg (68 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1459348714827.jpg
68 KB, 1024x576
>>334900027
I've been watching more movies lately, since I've been under a rock regarding them since I was born and I wanted to be able to have conversations about things other than weebshit and games, but I feel like people can't seem to form opinions even on movies they've seen more complicated than "it was good" or "it was bad." I try to go in depth about the positives and negatives of a movie and stops being a conversation and just becomes me talking at them since they have nothing to add and I hate that.
>>
>>334901683
That doesn't make you superior to plebs. That just makes you, you know, depressed? I heard it's curable, though. Well, you'll need a country with decent free healthcare, I guess.
>>
>>334902619
What have you been watching?
>>
>>334901990
There are a variety of different anime fans and those who watch every new airing anime along with collecting figures are among the rarest. The interest for me is going back and watching older shows at my own pace and maybe learning a thing or two about how it works along the way. Watching a few new shows every season is also fun, particularly with others.

Point is it's varied as fuck and while this is great it also makes it impossible for me to discuss irl, along with the fact that they're fucking chinese cartoons.
>>
>>334902270

Yeah its really sad. Im actually pretty open to things even if theyre popular but I always meet people like her.

What i really need is one of you fuckers but you fags never leave your house
>>
>>334902635
>That doesn't make you superior to plebs. That just makes you, you know, depressed? I heard it's curable, though. Well, you'll need a country with decent free healthcare, I guess.
Too bad I live in America. :^)

>>334902671
>There are a variety of different anime fans and those who watch every new airing anime along with collecting figures are among the rarest.
Okay, that's true. I guess I was generalizing there, sorry.

I think what I meant was, I can relate to hardcore fans of video games and comic books, but not really hardcore anime enthusiasts. It's not my thing. I have some e-friends like that and it's annoying because all they want to talk about anime when I'm more into comic books and Western cartoons.

>The interest for me is going back and watching older shows at my own pace
Same, though generally speaking I don't watch that much anime unless I'm really in the mood to. I also can't stand most popular anime, like Attack on Titan or Naruto. Those do nothing for me.
>>
>>334902880
>Too bad I live in America. :^)
That sucks! Well, I live in Russia. Our healthcare isn't ideal either!
>>
>>334902663
Entriest of entry level shit since I've missed practically everything. You name it 99.9% chance I've never seen it.

I just watched the first two Terminator movies last month, for example. Jackie Chan movies like Police Story and Drunker Master 1 & 2 pretty recently. Caught up with all the Marvel movies last week.
>>
>>334902980
>I just watched the first two Terminator movies last month, for example.
I still need to watch the first one. Second one is excellent though.

>Jackie Chan movies like Police Story and Drunker Master 1 & 2 pretty recently.
I've been meaning to check out Jackie Chan's earlier movies and more martial arts movies for awhile now. I do remember watching some of one of the Police Story movies awhile ago but it's been so long, plus it was the dub.

>Caught up with all the Marvel movies last week.
What do you think? I've seen them all save for Thor 2 and IM3.
>>
>>334903129
>I still need to watch the first one.
The first one is an atmospheric horror with an unique soundtrack. It's like Alien vs. Aliens. Oh wait, did you see those?
>>
>>334903240
>Oh wait, did you see those?
Yes! I love the first two Alien movies. I haven't seen the third or the fourth myself, but those first two are two of my favorite movies ever. Definitely one of my favorite sci-fi movie franchises ever.

I only saw the first two for the first time when I was in high school. Don't worry anon. And there are plenty of 'plebby' movies I need to watch as well. And I have an IRL friend who's never seen the original Star Wars trilogy either. You're not alone.
>>
>be in IRC
>chat is filled with 20 something nerds who talk about video games, memes, weebshit, and the extent of political talk is "build a wall" and surface level news you can read up on in 2 seconds if you really want to join in with the few people dumb enough to think democracy or being worldly means anything
Maybe get better friends? I don't know how you managed to miss out on fucking movies, though.
>>
>>334904060
Well, first you stop watching TV completely, and then, you don't want to spend money for netflix and shit, and then, your country has massive fines for piracy, and then, you have literally no one that wants to go watch the same movies you want to watch, plus cinema is expensive.

It just fades away and you sink deep into awesome videogames.
>>
File: image.jpg (197 KB, 731x931) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197 KB, 731x931
>>334900027
This hit way too close to home. Video games are useless not just as a skill, but as a conversational piece it's horrible.
Whenever I talk to a girl it's so difficult to find jack shit to even converse with.
That's what happens when you spend all your time watching anime and playing vidya. Your mind becomes a vacuum.
>>
>>334900027
build upon yourself anon

learn a new language, learn a new skill, travel somewhere, read some books
>>
>>334904303
>Well, first you stop watching TV completely, and then, you don't want to spend money for netflix and shit
Are you me?

I just realized that even though I hate on plebs all the time, I almost never watch live-action tv all that much anymore, though I want to.
>>
>>334904303
>>Well, first you stop watching TV completely,
Understandable.
>and then, you don't want to spend money for netflix and shit,
Sure.
>and then, your country has massive fines for piracy,
If you get caught. Which is the same as saying "what if I get hit by a truck tomorrow". It's so meaningless that you might as well not even consider it.

So you're telling me that you're spending 60 bucks on new releases, but you can't afford a 15 dollar movie ticket or a Netflix subscription?
>>
>>334900027
If I could give one piece of advice, study history. There's very little that isn't impacted by it, and it gives you a broad range of topics that you can relate things back to.
>>
>>334904549
>spending $60 for new released

i have literally never spent more than $20 for a videogame in my life. I use steam, and I never buy anything until a huge summer sale, where I buy a fuck ton of games for a few $ each. So yeah, $15 is a lot for me for something that lasts two hours and I'll probably forget about.

As for the piracy thing, my country has REALLY cracked down on that shit, and a bunch of people were fined $5000 recently. I'm sure they thought the same thing.
>>
>>334904736
What country?
>>
>>334904736
>my country has REALLY cracked down on that shit, and a bunch of people were fined $5000 recently
Even if there were a few thousand people in the news getting fined, that'd be a drop in the fucking ocean.

I know you see the names and go "ooh, what if?", but it's never going to happen to you.
>>
>>334900310
Exactly how long have you been here? Lurk moar
>>
>>334904849
Australia
>>
>>334900027
Play a game, read a book, watch the news in the morning

It's not that hard to take part in conversation, you know. If you have nothing to add just be interested and ask questions
>>
>>334900027
No, because I have a life outside video games, which is just one thing I happen to enjoty

NICE FUCKING VIDYA THREAD YOU HAVE HERE
>>
>>334905240
Fuck you too, anon.
>>
>>334905412
>QUALITY skirt and book
>>
>>334905461

priorities you dumb nigger
>>
>>334905240
fuck off dumb normie
>>
>>334905412
>tfw ellen baker will lose her job
>>
>>334904060

because the people with opinions that matter don't voice them through the internet since it's an echo chamber for egotistical shitheads
>>
>>334905663
Guess you missed the last decade, huh? Everyone and their mother loves bitching on Twitter and Facebook.
>>
>>334905597
>>
>>334905719

none of those people matter
>>
>>334905795
None of the people off the internet matter either. Unless you're talking solely about the top 1%, and who gives a shit what they think anyway? It's just the next in an endless scheme to get a few more coins for their worthless coffers.
>>
I'm quite lucky in that the people I work with are half core gamers and half heavy drinkers. The two things I really enjoy. Which is handy because my close group of friends are all off buying houses and starting families. So without my workmates I'd pretty much be left completely alone.
>>
>>334906653
>Left completely alone

How is this a bad thing?

Also, just use Discord if you wanna talk to people about games.
>>
>>334907001
What,the hell is discord
>>
>>334907216
It's a new chat program that lets you join a group of people and just talk to one another.

It's not all that big yet, but it's blowing up.

There's text chat, and voice chat. You can be on both at once, and I don't think there's really a limit on the amount of people allowed in either of these.

It's kinda hard to find a good server, but you can find a bunch with a ton of members if you just go on the discord servers site.

There's even a /v/ server called /v/cord which usually has people texting and sometimes a group chatting. Discord and Chill is a great server.
>>
>>334900310
>thinking hating video games is reddit
hownew.ru?
>>
>>334900027
my nigga
>>
>>334900952
Ah, that's the thing about Arsenal, they always try to walk it in.
>>
>>334900497
>waah, people play different games than me
>>
>>334907216
It's good shit.

You can talk to girls who browse /v/ and stuff.
>>
>>334900027
Yeah dude. I share the same except view as you.

I know you're exaggerating to oblivion but yeah I feel you. If I meet someone in real life and have conversation, it's not going to be random like "hey, you like politics?" that's just out of nowhere and awkward. So I know people don't do that to you, and so then I know you can have a conversation, because they lead up to those kinds of things, but how? Because you're talking to them somehow

When it comes to politics or sports, yeah I'll have nothing to say. People I know at where I worked would talk about the superbowl when it was during that time. Sometimes people would ask me at work randomly "who do you think is going to win", sometimes if you pause a little bit they'll just say whoever their team is or be like "raiders?" or whatever the fuck, and you just go yea. But now after dealing with all that awkwardness for so long, I just tell them how it is, because it's easier that way and I'm not a pussy.

So this kid tells me if you tell me what shirt that team is without looking at the front (for the symbol) i'll give you a dub. so i just said i dont watch basketball nigga. and he said then what do you do, jerk off and play video games. i said not always. he then says thats all he does, is go home watch basketball, play basketball, and plays video games once a month, but is obsessed with pokemon and his fav is emerald.

he is my weed dealer. he's got the mad loud sick nasty.
>>
File: 1261732765628.jpg (3 MB, 1900x2570) Image search: [Google]
1261732765628.jpg
3 MB, 1900x2570
>>334900027
Try travelling, OP.

Maybe just for a couple of months backpacking next summer. Do that. Maybe you'll extend your world view.

Or I dunno. Just play vidya.
>>
>>334900027
>first day in language class
>teacher wants to know our hobbies and interests in the target language
>this year, finally just say I'm incredibly boring and just stay at home being sedentary
Felt great because the awkwardness was on them. Why the fuck does everyone have to have a passion in life anyways?
>>
>>334910819
Probably because 99 out of 100 people learning a language are doing so because they either want to live in a country that speaks it, or talk to people who speak it.

And when it comes to the kinds of absolute morons who take language classes, you can up those numbers to 9999 in 10,000.
>>
>>334900027
It's not that hard

how are old are you, five?
>>
>>334910914
i had to take a language course for 9th and 10th grade. on my report card for every quarter i got a zero, maybe a 10 or 14 one quarter for waking up in class.
>>
>>334910914
I'm in a job that requires "language refresher training" every year, and I definitely agree with you that language classes are absolutely horrid to learning a new language. It's one of those jobs where you're generally not allowed to go to the country's language that you're learning for security reasons.
>>
>>334900027
>Coworker picks up his phone
>He has an anime/videogame wallpaper instead of a family/friends pic

Peoplelook down on you justasbadly asyou look down on bronies and furfags. Sorry to tell you but youhaveto pay attention to the small details.
>>
File: 1412150823656.png (35 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
1412150823656.png
35 KB, 501x585
>>334901337
>diversity
I've seen through your tricks mr. Shekelburg!
>>
>>334908493
What was Wenger thinking, sending Walcott on that early?
>>
>>334900027
Go join a Yoga class. You get to meet pretty much all women who like to talk about themselves so you don't have to talk, you get exercise that's not too hard, and you get to stare at asses all day long. Then you get an ice breaker for later. It's worked wonders for my friends.
>>
>>334901683
Wow. Another Shinji with an ego.

There are alot of "Normie's" that are total fucking nerds about a few things, they're just not on any list and have the social skills to diversify, not take shit seriously, and not blow their conversational load early.

There's alot better ways to point out how people demonized the Germans than being a Wehraboo. We blamed the Germans for WW1, they got fucked by treaties, some Jews ran some banks, made a good scapegoat for a people who were told to kiss ass in policy.

You ever notice how SJWs have bred a new bunch of Misogyny and racism just by asking random white people to kiss ass in policy? You ever see /pol/ and /r9k/ talk like they're bnot in fact helping history repeat itself.

Then again they'd probably want another chance at the Jews, but Jews have a +5 to Evasion, they'd walk the second shoah off in A few decades.
>>
>>334911537
No one picks your phone. Read again. No said also anythig about watching anime.

But if you have an anime wallpaper on yourphonepeople will notice it. Trust me. Not having afamily picture means you are a lonely loser.

Now you will backpedal withI do what I want, I dont live for anyone else opinions. But if you cant see the advantages of social status, then you a retard. And most likely poor and unachieving. Even if by a mirscle you arent, people will still believe you are. So go ahead. Enjoy your anime wallpaper.

Dont get me wrong. I watch anime too. I just dont let it sabotage my social life and career.
>>
>>334911537
Of course not. You talk behind the back of the cringefucks to score girl points. To talk in front of you would be rudeand not as funny.
>>
>>334911957
Not him, just seeing the insecurity bursting out of that post, I would worry about much more serious ways you'll sabotage your social life and career.
>>
>>334911957
>having a wallpaper at all
Bitch that battery could be spent on more idling
>>
>>334900027
No because I know of this magic tool called the internet which allows me to research any topic ever, couple that with a not-completely stunted curiosity and interest in the world and you tend to pick up a lot of trivia as you're wasting your youth in front of your PC
>>
I never really understood how you can only play video games.

Do some of you not even watch movies? Just go and watch some capeshit. Something to talk about and they're enjoyable enough.
>>
File: 1460994426631.png (438 KB, 604x388) Image search: [Google]
1460994426631.png
438 KB, 604x388
>>334900027
>weed smoking faggot that enables otaku culture
>>
File: 1443835035618.png (404 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1443835035618.png
404 KB, 853x480
>>334911957
Insecurity is 20x the turnoff of a smug chink cartoon.

I totally get avoiding having blatant frontal character art as a wall, and keeping shit minimal.

But the problems anons have on this board comes with how they present themselves through speach
>>
>>334912031
i dont talk about any "cringefucks" behind a persons back, unless they are legitimately annoying ass people, then i'll talk to a co worker and start up something like "yo, you know that asshole.."

and no girl is even going to like talking about dumb shit like that. they might stupidly agree with anything you say if they are braindead for u, but most will say shit like " he doesnt seem bad. never had a problem with him. or etc" its one thing to talk behind someones back and say damn what an annoying fuck, or wow what an asshole not doing his job, and another thing to talk about how gay they are for liking anime.

>>334911957
Nigga, are you like, retarded or what? Because you honestly type like a down syndrome kid. Like what the fuck. Why the hell would I have a family picture? Are you one of those faggots who have family pictures on your phone to make it seem like you aren't a lonely ass shit with no friends?

I'll put whatever the fuck I want on my fucking phone, first off. And I'm being 100% serious nobody is going to fucking care mah dude. Nobody. Nobody is going to take your phone, and say wow dude, you are so gay, what is this jap cartoons. NOBODY and I mean NOBODY is going to do any kind of variation of that event. Maybe if you flat out tell them you listen to video game music, or you let them play a song on your phone and live and learn from sonic adventure 2 comes up, they'll say something, if they even know it. hell, i just remembered i used to have a group of friends and we all hung out and sang escape the city all the time. what a cool ass song.

you just sound really insecure like the guy on the bottom said. and i'm bored as fuck which is why i'm actually taking the time to write this stupid crap.
>>
I am still having troubles understanding how can one be so utterly and absolutely stunted. I get that some people live a hard life, and don't exactly have time taking walks or reading books or listening to music, but people who spend their whole day playing video games aren't exactly that case.

Seriously, get of your ass and read, look around, think a little for fuck sake. There is virtually no subject matter in the world that isn't fascinating if you actually give it a little fucking attention.

I feel absolutely no sympathy for people like you. Being socially awkward is OK. Not having time to hold a lot of hobbies or interests is OK too.
But being just too fucking lazy to even be interested in something is really not something you can ever justify.
>>
>>334911470
There's been a fucking bronco of tackles this season.
>>
>>334912767
What if you have crippling depression and trying to be interested in things is mentally painful to you?

Because that's what it's like for me
>>
>>334912767
I don't understand how you can get into vidya without wanting to know how they work.

>tfw when I'm in Calc 3 and I'm learning how UV mapping works in vector calculus.

>normal maps are just textures where the xyz components of the normal vector are expressed as rgb values.

>you do this by parameterizing the 3dimensional vectors into equations of two dimensions that can be mapped onto a 2D grid / texture

Or at least I think this is how it works
>>
>>334912767
you know you could've skimmed through a wiki article on depression in time it took you to write this

fag
>>
>>334900027
I make shit up, call me an actor.

Some actually did that, because it got into bizzare ways. A Jack of all Trades life aint easy, son, but you need to embrace it.
>>
>>334913150
Then you need immediate clinical help. But I doubt that is the case. 80% of all the people proclaiming depression here aren't depressed. They live shitty life by choice, prefer whining over anything else.

Real, crippling depression is a terrifying state, I know my fair share about it. But what I see around here isn't real depression.
Most of you aren't living a shitty life because you are depressed - most of you are depressed because you are living a shitty life.
>>
>>334913150
get into astronomy. get into lucid dreaming. get into video games

>>334913328
this reminds me. there was this one kid at the place i used to work who would bullshit about everything. literally bullshit about everything. it was so fucking funny i just kept laughing while he talked, and its like he'd agree with me. then we talked shit behind his back all the time, and he would forget to do his job, and i'd just shout ADHD, he'd get so pissed. kid got fired first week for being a fucking idiot not doing his job. thank god.
>>
>>334913252
You are an idiot. Read >>334913372
I really doubt any of you fucks have the slightest clue what real clinical depression is.
>>
At least they still make you happy. Video games just placate me now.
>>
>>334911957
What did i just read? Social life and career?

In what terms do human laws, emotions and bindings matter at cosmic-large? None. You are nothing, there is no worth in doing whatever, so do what you like and don't fall into a norm you fucking tool/sheep/brainwashed/hollow/zombie/puppet/plebbitor/whatthefuckever.
>>
File: 1455356781966.jpg (114 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1455356781966.jpg
114 KB, 500x750
>>334913150
If its clinical, get drugs, if not, you need to think about how you actually interact with people and how you get enjoyment and satisfaction out of them.

Do you use people and things mutually or for escapism?

>>334913252
I think he's talking about before the depression sets in.

Fixing nonclinical depression is about finding what's wrong with how you value interactions and needs, some people don't want to admit their problem so they need life to smack them hard enough for them to notice, but lightly enough that they can get back up.

If you don't have any useful cataclysmic shit going on near you, I dunno , read some Plato or something. Hell, watch Evangelion, since all the characters in that have the same sort of mental blocks that seem to be common in 4chan NEETs.
>>
File: baka.png (84 KB, 360x345) Image search: [Google]
baka.png
84 KB, 360x345
>>334913692
>>
>>334913372
>80% of all the people proclaiming depression here aren't depressed
>I know my fair share about it
Okay, sure anon, being beaten by my parents till i was like 11 or 12, whenever i fucked something minor up, being fat all my life, never having a girlfriend, never being kissed on the lips by a girl, never had something like friends for more then 1 or 2, while having 4 years till wizardry, yeah, sure i know nothing about being sad and lonley.

And the best thing is, my problems probably arent even the worst in world to have, yet it still isn't easy.
>>
>all friends play vidya games ranging from casual to obscure
>few of them also watch the same anime as me
>we only ever talk about world events, politics, technology, travelling and books
>>
>>334914031
Not him but,
There's clinical depression that can happen due to seratonin getting totally fucked for no reason, like ADHD for happiness.

Your problems have roots and causes that can be faced logically, though meds wouldn't hurt. Not heavy shit, just stiff to make cups seem half full so you can push through it.
>>
>>334914031
I'm sorry that you had a hard life. But being sad a lonely is something very different from having clinical depression. Neither has being sad and lonely really have anything to do with being completely ignorant to the world and devoid of any interests.
>>
>>334913372
>>334913481
Oh please, don't turn this into a silly argument with your /b/-tier views on depression.

Depression is real. It is different than sadness, where you know what the problem is and can get past it and move on. With depression, you don't understand the cause, or you don't know what is causing it. That is why therapy and anti-depressants may be good for you.

You are being blatantly "strict" with a lot of the things you say from what your brain wrongly thinks. From what I've read. It's as if you "have been through it all" and "i am the wise man, bar none". You just look ignorant.

Depression is easily officially diagnosed. Take a multiple choice test, and bam, you're depressed if you score high enough. It's incredibly stupid to say it like you have to be on the verge of suicide and need immediate medical attention. lol, what the fuck?

Depression is very complicated, and if you have observed your own nature and have seen a lot of the symptoms, or you are actually feeling like shit most of the day, it's easy to diagnose yourself, and get possible help. But some people don't want the help, or they live with it and eventually move on, or not.

You can't tell these people it's because they aren't social, they aren't this and that, that's why you're "depressed". No. You have no fucking clue what is programmed into their brain.

You just assume a lot of stupid things like it's their choice they live that way, and even if it was how the fuck can they still not be depressed you retarded fucker?

Real, crippling depression can be terrifying. But that doesn't mean I wasn't happy sometimes. It's like you really don't understand depression at all.

I'm not going to give you my life story, but I'm alright now. Went to therapy for a bit, left, I was on multiple anti-depressants, and eventually I just got over it, i stopped taking the medication and I just felt better. I actually enjoy video games again now.
>>
File: 1460575844138.jpg (327 KB, 1055x808) Image search: [Google]
1460575844138.jpg
327 KB, 1055x808
>all these MUH DEPRESSION autistic spergs

The fuck is wrong with you niggers, man the fuck up and stop being lonely autistic faggots.
>>
>>334914634
You go girl! Tell them how it is! kek. fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1459711334126.jpg (5 KB, 130x184) Image search: [Google]
1459711334126.jpg
5 KB, 130x184
>>334914751
>b-but muh depression!

I laugh with hearty condescension at you familia.
>>
>>334900027
Be real, even if they talked about videogames you would mock them and the games they like.

Being a bitter contrarian only makes you likeable on the internet.
>>
>>334900027
Do what everyone else does and make shit up while acting like you know what you're talking about.

Or, if you're feeling really crazy, read a newspaper.

I used to be like that but now I find it impossible to talk to people about games because all they want to do is talk about how much they love Skyrim and that triggers me, so I'd rather talk about literally anything else.
>>
>can't ever meet an anon IRL
>everyone in my vicinity is a reddit browsing casual
>I just want someone who has similar interests to talk about vidya
How do you guys do this?
>>
>>334900027
No, I've played more than 200 videogames and I can talk about all of these things. It's just you.
>>
>>334914815
I'm not depressed. Although I should be, after having to deal with so many adults who act like teenagers on this website, and especially those who mock something serious, crave attention, and worst of all use 4chan lingo versions of words, thinking you have any credibility to whatever you're trying to say.

Creating short pretentious comments is cool. Be the middle man, act like you are the fun dude and tell everyone to "hur, mayn uhp!" and post a silly reaction opposite of your actual look. I'm bored. So give me a reason to type and post pictures. And to just get smarter because I like dealing with actual retards.
>>
>>334915113
why would you want to meet anyone who posts here

do steam friends threads teach you nothing

what about the "what happens when you play with /v/" videos?
>>
>>334914387
>Depression is real.
I never claimed otherwise, moron. In fact I stated very clearly that depression is serious shit. I had been struggling with clinical depression for over a decade. Multiple hospitalizations, obscene amounts of meds for most of my life. I know how very, very real depression is. I've been told I'll never be able to work, offered a fucking welfare.
I'm pushing through it, and it's not fun, but it is possible.

That is one of the reasons why I'm sick of people calling "depression" what isn't depression - it's just shitty attitude and shitty life. Or being sad.
Being unhappy does not mean you are depressed, that was my original fucking point. Not having interests is not a result of depression. Being socially incompetent is not a result of depression.
Those things just make you miserable because YOU fucked up something. Not your brain, your serotonin and noradrenalin output, not your limbic system and motivation drive screwing you over: YOU can screw yourself over and live an unhappy and miserable life because of your choices and your history.
And I wish people started to fucking understand the difference. True, clinical depression is a disability. And like all fucking disabilities, you can do a LOT to live a solid worthwhile life despite it. So don't fucking excuse yourself with it.
>>
>>334900027
Are you fuckin autistic?
You're telling me that the entire years you spent playing video games you NEVER listened to any kind of music, never seen anything about food or movies or fucking CELEBRITIES?

mah boy it's time to tie the noose.
>>
>>334915193
Because I'm banking on the prospect that any anon who goes outside and socializes isn't a needy NEET
>>
>>334915236
"my condition was worse that other people's so their problems aren't real"

well guess what, shithead, while your overprivileged first world ass was being pampered by pseudoscience doctors and being fed fake meds over a fake non-disease, millions of people around the world die because of lack of food and water

you should've just toughen the fuck up instead of wasting everyone's time, you pussy ass bitch
>>
>>334915236
>Not your brain, your serotonin and noradrenalin output, not your limbic system and motivation drive screwing you over
then what is? an immortal soul? some kind of non-biological consciousness?
>>
File: shit.png (88 KB, 269x258) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
88 KB, 269x258
>>334901683
As someone in their 30s who struggled with that bullshit "muh unique and special depression let's linger on suicide so other people will validate muh existance" stuff, if you're over the age of 18, grow the fuck up.

If you're a teenager, you will regret tipping your fedora so hard (even anonymously) later, but there's nothing anyone can say that will make you stop.
>>
>>334911957
How much of an egotistical cunt do you have to be to think that other people give a shit about what you have on your phone?

Yes, people make snap judgements, but they're not going to spend all day thinking "wow that guy had anime on his phone hes a loser".

People have their own problems to deal with.
You're not the center of the world, anon.
>>
>>334900027
>celebrities
Who the fuck talks about celebrities? Like who gives a shit?
>>
File: cockahoop.jpg (44 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
cockahoop.jpg
44 KB, 500x385
>>334911957
Holy fuck, how hard do you need to project your own insecurities onto other people?

Everyone has something they sperg out over, and nobody is gonna judge you for your hobbies as long as you know when people aren't interested and can learn to take a joke at your expense.
>>
File: 1401829320273.jpg (119 KB, 398x1051) Image search: [Google]
1401829320273.jpg
119 KB, 398x1051
>>334901748
>mfw me
>>
>>334915432
>first world ass was being pampered by pseudoscience doctors and being fed fake meds over a fake non-disease,
Sure thing kid. I love how you fucking idiots don't know what to hate me for: first for denying relevance of depression, then suddenly I'm making an illness up, you are truly adorable. Pathetic, but in an amusing way.

>>334915517
>then what is?
YOUR OWN DECISIONS AND CHOICES, YOU IDIOT. Starting with your fucking decision to view yourself as a hapless victim of circumstances, rather than a person that actually still gets to call shots. Even those few of you here - nobody in this thread, probably - that actually struggle with CLINICAL DEPRESSION, a neurochemical problem for the most part can still not be such sorry pieces of shit. Most of you don't have the excuse of fucked up neurochemistry.
You are sorry shits because you fucking enjoy that, it's easy to sit at home playing video games and whinning how sad you are and how difficult it fucking is.
Because doing anything else could hurt. Even paying attention, even fucking taking interest in things hurts. Get used to it or fucking kill yourself.

Because you fucks really have no excuse. Not even depression is actually an excuse of what you shit stains are doing. And you don't even have actual depression.
>>
File: ok.png (65 KB, 540x527) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
65 KB, 540x527
>>334915432
>Serotonin and cortisol levels in the brain all over the fucking place causing the brain to shrink and develop abnormally
>Pseudoscience
>>
File: HzRGNiOfWWMSyUy-800x450-noPad.jpg (32 KB, 386x389) Image search: [Google]
HzRGNiOfWWMSyUy-800x450-noPad.jpg
32 KB, 386x389
>>334915236
>I never claimed otherwise moron

You very clearly said that you must have severe, clinical depression to be depressed. I very "clearly" stated that depression was real. There are different types, you fucking moron.

Just because you have some severe medical issues linked/unlinked to depression, does not make anyone else's any better than yours. They are still suffering through the typical mindset of a depressed individual. You actually think that you have any fucking right to say that people whos depression isn't severe, aren't depressed.

You are literally acting like a cliche.

"I'm going through the worst fucking times. You have no idea what it's like. You are not really depressed like I am!"

I'm going to tell you this once because I'm not going to keep this up.

Shut the fuck up.

I already told you what depression is, and I differentiated from sadness, again clearly. So I don't know why you are talking about people who are unhappy.

>not having interests is not a result of depression

You're correct. But it may be a symptom of clinical depression to lose interests, or not be interested in anything.

>Being socially incompetent is not a result of depression
You're correct. Although depression may have an affect on how you feel, socially.

You don't fucking understand a damn thing about depression. You may understand yourself, but you don't understand other people, at all. So no, you haven't gotten a fucking clue.

All of which you said about screwing yourself, and blah blah blah, that isn't the point at all.

The point is, here is the point, because people seem to forget a lot about what their arguments are on 4chan, and just mock each other.

Depression can happen before, or after the events of your own unsuccessful mistakes. Depression is a state, in which your unhappiness lasts for more than a couple days, and interferes with your actual life.

U can use it as an excus (not here, real life, 4 help), bt tis coment is 2 long I'm done bye
>>
File: image_64.jpg (44 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
image_64.jpg
44 KB, 540x960
>All but 4 of my friends are online friends>I talk to my real life friends online mostly, people just talk to me on skype when they want help with a dark souls boss or a photoshop done quickly.
Literally end me.
>>
>>334916230
>does not make anyone else's any better than yours
>You're correct.
>You're correct.
>You don't fucking understand a damn thing about depression.
>you haven't gotten a fucking clue.
>people seem to forget a lot about what their arguments are on 4chan

Like you, huh? Not that guy, but you're all over the fucking place.
>>
>>334913457
>get into astronomy

Not if you're terrible at math because whew boy.
>>
>>334907787
Can I get an invite to /v/cord?
>>
>>334900931
Do amazon mturk. You can work from home and when you have a high enough percentage of completed offers, make close to min wage.

I remember one glorious day they were giving out money to identify sex positions in porn scenes. Was wonderful
>>
>>334916230
>You very clearly said that you must have severe, clinical depression to be depressed.
I don't see how the statement that you need to have a depression to be depressed is in any way controversial.
>Just because you have some severe medical issues linked/unlinked to depression, does not make anyone else's any better than yours.
What DOES make me better than you sorry shits is that I never took the depression as an excuse. You fucks don't even have an actual depression (and no, being sad or miserable IS NOT DEPRESSION, LOOK UP THE GOD-FUCKING DAMN ENTRY IN DSM) and you still blame your shitty life for it.

If you think I'm acting like a cliché, that is because, no doubt, hundreds of people have told you the same. And do you know why? BECAUSE IT'S TRUE. And if you at least got of you fucking ass and did the first fucking step, visited a psychologist, it's exactly what he will tell you too. He'll just sugar-coat it a little more. That is why it sounds like a cliché.

>Shut the fuck up.
Do you know why what I'm saying here makes you so god damn mad? Here is why: because even you know I'm right, you just don't fucking want to admit it. You hate how you have to listen to this shit, it drives you up the wall: because admitting that it is true would make your entire life up to now YOUR OWN FUCKING FAULT, and that is what you fear most.

You are not depressed: you are a coward hiding away from responsibility for his own life.
>>
>>334901830
people won't take you seriously with that shitty grammar
>>
>>334900027
I mostly can't talk with people because they are too plebian. They wouldn't understand me and probably lable me as a sociopath sooner or later.
>>
>>334902619
Sounds to me like you actually like and care about movies more than them, you should feel good about it.
>>
>>334917978
I cannot wait to hear about your rich non-pleb tastes in media and interests. Do shed some light.
>>
File: 1455744647147.png (19 KB, 474x554) Image search: [Google]
1455744647147.png
19 KB, 474x554
>>334917978
>>
Why don't you guys just git gud at small talk?
>>
>>334919670
I like games
>>
>>334919670
How
>>
>>334919670
I'm finnish
>>
>>334900976
If you feel like you're above people in certain things, why not try out different hobbies that you know nothing about? If you actually make an active effort to find a new passion then I think you'll succeed.
>>
>>334902546
What's wrong with MMA?
>>
>>334902459
Not him but I read the book, it's quite fun
>Hitler shitting up the NPD quarters
>>
File: shaggy don't know.jpg (54 KB, 624x448) Image search: [Google]
shaggy don't know.jpg
54 KB, 624x448
>>334919670
What constitutes small talk and why should I bother.

I've been talking to the save 3 solid brothers for years now so I have no idea what it's like to talk to someone new anymore.
>>
>>334916973
>amazon mturk
How's it feel to make literal pennies?
>>
>>334911957
Nice projecting.
>>
>>334916737
Just find it on the discord server list and click join after making an account.
>>
>>334919670
I fucking hate small talk.

I guess I can act like I'm enjoying that shit for, say, 3 minutes tops, just so save my life or an interview or some shit.
But why needing to do small talk among friends is beyond me. Or any random unfamiliar person who you don't need to use for anything, for that matter.
>>
>>334923636
Because even among good friends its super hard to talk about serious stuff when its more than 2 of you. This is a scientific fact.
>>
>tfw can't start and hold conversations with people
>can't add anything to the conversations even with close friends

I-I think I have asperger's.
>>
>>334911957
Are you in high school or dating some vapid chick? People aren't that shallow once you leave school you know.
>>
As others have said, you've just got to bullshit harder than they are. 90% of the time nobody knows what the fuck they're talking about.

There will be times when you can't bullshit your way through it, but those are few and far between. For example, I've recently made some friends through law school and I feel so out of my depth. These people talk about the law for fun. We had dinner the other night and everyone was talking about some recent high court decision while I was desperately trying to change the topic.
>>
>>334900027

since watching Initial D, i've become extremely interested in cars and engines in general. One small stepping stone on getting a subject to talk about
>>
>>334900027
All too well.
I've given up on trying to be social.
>>
>engage in conversation with multiple friends
>realized I don't stop to think about what I say and say stupid shitlike some normie

Fuck this shit
>>
>>334924742
>Give up trying to be social
>Cut loose and fill my room like an otaku with stuff
>Havent been happier
>Piercing loneliness remains, but much happier
>>
>Get together with your friends from high school
>Everyone is graduating, getting careers and getting married
>"So anon, what have you been up to?"

I had to stop hanging out with my old chums out of sheer embarrassment.
>>
>don't know shit about anything
>instead just listen to everyone else and ask questions about the stuff they bring up
usually works for me desu
>>
>>334909878
>girls
>>
>>334900027
I'm a culture not a costume
>>
>>334925438
It doesn't work. It turns conversations into interrogations which is not fun for the person you're talking to.
>>
File: 1409758233956.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1409758233956.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>Talking to someone
>They stop and wait for me to respond
>Have nothing to say
>Literally nothing
>There is not a single thought in my head
>Struggle to find anything to say
>Can't think of anything
>Not even an "I agree" or "That's interesting"
>Nothing
>Make a humming noise that could be interpreted as some sort of response
Thank fuck my best friend has a lot to say and never caught on to the fact that I've never actually talked to him
>>
>>334900739
This, I fucking love my best friend to death
He accepted the secret moral mistakes I've made in my life.
>>
>>334900027
>not being social makes you anti-social
Wow!
>>
>>334925845
>Oblivion_conversations.gif
>>
>>334925845
>Thank fuck my best friend has a lot to say and never caught on to the fact that I've never actually talked to him
i kekd
>>
>>334901178
I know that feel, lost my """best friend""" because of similar shit. Fuck that guy. He's also normalfaggier by the day. It was kind of heart-breaking to lose him, though, I'll give you that.
video games
>>
File: harold.jpg (27 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
harold.jpg
27 KB, 400x267
>>334900027
>stopped watching tv years ago

>stopped for the most part being engaged in modern gaming due to all of the bullshit involved

>took up collecting records, and collecting arcade games like the neo geo, and collecting art prints as new hobbies

>all my friends talk about is modern gaming, family guy, south park ad nauseam every week

>the group splits up perfectly into groups of two to talk and im always left out

>my tastes are too niche are so niche that i'l never got to hold a conversation about what the best metal slug game is, or what our favorite kof fighter is, or the best pinball machine

>I can't feel any engagement/involvement with my offline friends because i know nothing about what there talking about and i usually just end up sitting down on the outskirts of the group on my phone being quiet until someone tries to talk to me after i arrive and say hello

I can be pretty socially active about my hobbies when im hosting a party at my house, but anywhere else i'm just quiet as a mouse
>>
>>334928095
i forgot to mention I don't really watch movies either and if i ask my friends about their opinion on something its never more than "it was good" or "it was bad".
If I try to get in an indepth conversation with one of them about somethingi like. I shortly realise they aren't even a quarter as engaged as me and I feel akward because i fee like im bothering them with crap no one cares about, And they talk to me about shit i don't care about and i wish they would stop talking so i don't want to feel hypocritical
>>
ITT entertainment industry whores and slaves
Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.