[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Intel going bankrupt. and is now going away from PC Platform
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 22
File: Capture4.png (50 KB, 542x278) Image search: [Google]
Capture4.png
50 KB, 542x278
Intel going bankrupt. and is now going away from PC Platform to move in to mobile market

I thought you should know
>>
File: Capture3.png (28 KB, 552x490) Image search: [Google]
Capture3.png
28 KB, 552x490
>>334899865
>>
What? How?

Don't they make the processors for pretty much every computer ever?
>>
>>334899910
BUY BUY BUY
>>
>>334900089
AMD makes processors for all the video game consoles.
>>
>>334900089
Everyone stop buying new computer after awhile? I think the market is saturated.
>>
>PC gaming will die in your lifetime
>>
>>334900129
You are not afraid that it will go down forever?
>>334900172
Why are every company choose AMD over intel? I actually don't know.
>>
>>334900089
i think there's a company called Advanced Micro Devices™
>>
File: AMDMORELIKEEMAYYDEE.png (30 KB, 581x517) Image search: [Google]
AMDMORELIKEEMAYYDEE.png
30 KB, 581x517
>>334899910
Meanwhile, at AMD
>>
>>334899865
Is that because of their diversity in tech initiative?
>>
If Mac becomes primary desktop I will suicide.
>>
>>334899865
So this...is...the...power...of...supporting feminism

Whoa
>>
>>334900263
Guess it's not that the companies chose AMD, rather that AMD going to the companies first.
IIRC, AMD has put a lot of focus on mobile chips.
>>
>>334900201
Diminishing returns.

A seven year old i5 can run a lot of stuff, and a lot of the requirements from current games are more due to shit optimization.

That's just gaming, most offices used old version of windows 7 or xp before windows 10 became free, and really shit from 2005 would still be perfectly fine for basic shit and browsing.
>>
The thing is that PC cpus are pretty much maxed out while Mobile CPUs are the future
>>
>>334900263
they work for the price nvidia and intel won't.
>>
>>334900373
But my feelings...
Who would have ever guessed actions made on emotion instead of reason would backfire?
>>
>>334899865
wait wasn't this the company that gave millions to feminists or whatever in order to be progressive? Oh the ironing!
>>
>>334899910
>>334900313
These drops don't mean they will be going bankrupt.
>>
>>334900397
>AMD has put a lot of focus on mobile chips.
what SoC for tablets or phones are widely available from AMD? None. they launched one back in 2013 and no one used it.
Intel has Atom and Core M + Core i U and others
nVidia has Tegra

AMD istrying to sue ARM for servers. They're dead in mobile market.
>>
>>334900427
p much this

running a Q6600 8gb ddr2 and a hd6850 on a 1tb seagate drive win 7 hp and i have no issues doing anything
>>
>>334899910
It's a drop because Intel announced that they will fire people, isn't it?
It will back up soon when they stabilize their workforce.
Time to buy this shit.
>>
>Firing people must always be a bad sign
Or you know, they are just getting rid of departments which havent produced any profit anyway resulting in a healthier company after this
>>
People never understood how important PC gaming was for companies like Intel. There's literally no reason to upgrade since consoles are holding games back and a rig from 2012 - 2013 will still run most games released today. It's not like the 90's / early 00's where you had to upgrade every 6-12 months.
>>
>>334899865
What? How?
Where did this come from? You'd think having probably more than half a market under their thumbs would give them more stability.
>>
>>334900263
Intel are Jews and think they can get away charging exorbitant prices. Nvidia has the same problem.
They both been raising prices like crazy thinking companies will just have to pay their stupid money, except now PC sales are dropping in the face of mobile and AMD has exclusive manufacturer rights to cpu and gpu for all consoles.
Intel has been scrambling to try and get some sort of competent mobile chip out that doesn't burn through batteries and tables but failing due to competition from Apple, Samsung, Huawei, Mediatek, Qualcomm, etc.
This has been a long time coming honestly.
>>
>>334900734
Having literally 12k employees worth of chaff is a bad sign for a company.
>>
ARM > x86
>>
>>334900758
If Intel was smart they would've taken that diversity fund and used it to sponsor game development for high-spec PC exclusives, creating incentives for customers to upgrade and increasing their sales.
>>
File: 20120607124333526.jpg (92 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
20120607124333526.jpg
92 KB, 600x600
denuvo + law of diminish returns = less people upgrading

i wouldnt suggest build a pc right now coz piracy is threatened
>>
>>334901669
>, creating incentives for customers to upgrade and increasing their sales.
You can't be this stupid.
>>
>>334900758
It has nothing to do with consoles. In terms of simple output processors havent advanced much in the last 5 years. All CPU manufacturers have been doing is throwing in a few new cores and thats it. There aren't the performance jumps you can get with other hardware and that is why they just aren't as big a thing to buy.
>>
>>334900476
How is diversity related to this at all? Intel made a bad business decision, completely unrelated to their diversity initiatives, and is paying for it. That's all.
>>
What happened bros? I thought there was 2 billion gaming pcs and more steam users than ps4/xbone combined?
>>
>>334901759

Yeah an overclocked i5-2500k is still chucking along perfectly, 0 reason to upgrade. Switching to latest CPU would give minimal FPS increase at best, using that money for better GPU would give way better results.
>>
For fuck's sake, are people actually trashing their PCs for a tiny piece of chinese shit made smartphone?
This world can't burn fast enough!
>>
The next step is quantum. It has always been the next step. It was bound to hit a consumer tech wall eventually.
>>
dark ages are upon us
>>
>>334902210
Hah. That people actually think anyone will invest the money to bring something like that to the consumer market anytime soon is laughable.
>>
File: th.jpg (6 KB, 300x172) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
6 KB, 300x172
L
E
L
>>
>>334899910
>a drop of 1
>>
>>334902006
Normies have never enjoyed sitting in front of a screen, for some bizarre reason. I think it's due to office jobs associating that activity with work for them.

Instead, they're perfectly content to struggle through awful imprecise phone browsing software on a tiny screen they have to scroll dozens of times while having the TV on in the background, just to make it less quiet.

You could make the excuse that the living room is more "communal", but people talk face-to-face less than ever, content to just look at their phones all day.
>>
That's what happens when you decide to layoff white and Asian males, while hiring Tyrone and a hole for jobs they're not capable of for muh diversity.
>>
>>334902664
Do the Indians name their kids tyrone now?
>>
>>334899910
>Intel
>31.60

>>334900313
>Amd
>2.62

AMD IS FINISHED!
>>
>>334902758
Nah, but your wife did m8.
>>
>>334899910
>oh hey that's pretty sev-
>one point
lololololol
>>
File: 1440492676937.jpg (702 KB, 1774x1464) Image search: [Google]
1440492676937.jpg
702 KB, 1774x1464
>2005
>IT'S OVER INTEL IS FINISHED
>2007
>2010
>2012
>2016
>>
>>334902795
She named my Indian Tyrone?
>>
>>334902949
Do they ever announce hirings? Jesus.
>>
>>334900089
They're not going bankrupt, it's just a bit of down sizing for now.
>>
File: 1453767901409.gif (2 MB, 395x313) Image search: [Google]
1453767901409.gif
2 MB, 395x313
>>334901729
How is that stupid?

Right now the average PC gamer has a toaster or laptop. As a result studios make games that run on toasters in order to sell more copies, which in turn gives gamers no reason to upgrade their PC, which hurts Intel's sales.

So Intel could take the annual money they were throwing at diversity (aka flushing down the toilet), and instead create grants/sponsorships for studios developing games and software that push the boundaries of graphics.

Studios would then logically target better hardware in order to receive these grants, and high-spec games would be produced. Which would in turn encourage PC gamers to go upgrade their PCs with shiny new Intel chips so they can play these new games.

So gamers get better graphics, studios get grant money, and Intel generates sales for themselves. Everybody wins. It'd be a hell of a better use of that money than throwing it at feminists.
>>
>>334902006
I have some older relatives who all have tablets. They didn't grow up with computers and never really used them, but they like the tablet touch screen functionality and it handles their basic internet functionality fine along with whatever other apps they want to run.
>>
>>334900263
simple
price is only half the answer
amd focuses on compute and compute is easier to work with for console and it's low level APIs
things will only get worse for nvidia down the line, we already see how devs adapt amd arch for ports gains now about 10-15% with dx12 it's going to get bigger if nvidia does fuck up next gen like it seem they will
>>
why the hell im reading word femenist near intel every time? What it is about?
>>
>>334899865
>I didn't fall for the pc meme

Feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
File: 1431624185026.jpg (172 KB, 900x1010) Image search: [Google]
1431624185026.jpg
172 KB, 900x1010
>>334899865

>Intel moving away from PCs
>AMD moving away from PCs

PC GAMING IS DEAD CONFIRMED
>>
>>334903046
This is stupid because it assumes that new cpus are valuable in some way. The performance different between a reasonably OCed 2500k and a 6700k is like 5-10%.

Intel would first need new CPUs that are ACTUALLY a significant upgrade over their ancient ones before anything like what you suggest would have ANY value.
>>
>>334900758

Consoles holding games back? What about your mobas like League of Legends and Dota that can run on toasters? Aren't those two games the most profitable? Or how about that CS Source clone Crossfire? Don't blame consoles. Blame third world countries and teenagers if you really want to put blame on someone or something. But let's be honest here, you couldn't blame anyone. That's just how the market works.
>>
why are graphics cards so expensive
>>
intel is like the general motors of old. they employ over 100,000 people to make eight dozen variations of the same thing. they have consistently cut jobs ever year since as long as most of /v/ has been alive.
>>
ARM is a bigger competitor to Intel than AMD now. Intel keeps 15B in cash on their balance sheet and is worth 150B; AMD is worth a little over 2B. The only reason they never bought them out is anti-trust litigation.
>>
Our computers can still do so much, but devs think the power comes from mostly GPUS and dont think about all the new tech that CPU can do, nor new GPU tech like tessellation and geometry shaders that can lead to new and interesting game ideas. We need a new john carmack.
>>
guess Intel should've set aside those few million dollars for paying employees instead of giving it as a bribe to McIntosh and Anita to not sic their SJW brownshirt mob after Intel for being MUHSOGGYKNEEST
>>
So NVIDIA, AMD, Quallcom, ARM are shitting themselves in happiness now?

Also crosspost from /g/
>>54124365
>intel employee here. it's not the mobile market that will end intel. you wanna know why intel is finished?

>people hardly even work here, maybe 30% of the time is spent working
>too many fucking meetings and discussions and planning, hardly anything gets done
>diversity hires everywhere who can't code for shit, dumb ass arabs and shit
>women everywhere who can't code for shit, go on 6 months maternity leave while getting paid
>the company spends a shit load of money on retarded things like "team events" and "group events" and "department events" and all that crap no one even wants to go to but has to
>massage chairs, expensive "modern" furniture, shit load of food, etc. woops no money for your paycheck!
>people are all about covering their ass and make it look like they do anything important
>spend all their cash on retarded meme tech no one wants like smart socks or whatever
>they literally hired will.i.am as a "visionary"
>absolutely zero vision for the company, they just go with whatever the meme tech "journalists" from techcrunch think is the future

>have you seen the movie "office space"? it's pretty much that only taken to the extreme.
if i were the CEO i'd lay off 50% of the people here including the entire management team.
sad thing is, i will probably get fired soon.

Holy fuck JUST
>>
>>334901713
>law of diminish returns

Why do I see this spouted everywhere?
You retards realize we're nowhere near the "diminishing returns" bullshit, right?
>>
>>334899865
They're not going bankrupted, however they are being retarded as fuck to cut 12000 jobs just to fund their diversity sjw bullshit.

Making a sjw as CEO was the worst decision Intel has ever made.
>>
>>334903010
It's much easier to fire en masse than hire en masse. Any new hires are probably spaced out over a longer period of time, given the need to vet and see what's in the job market. It's much easier to look at your profits, look at productivity, then just go "yeah, fire this group, that group, and that group over there."

I had a few other things to say, but then realized I know jack shit about the current layout of the computer business, so that first sentence is really the only thing I could standby.
>>
>>334903531
Sounds like any major company.
>>
>>334903617
At least we got the 8 core i7

Now that they transfered away from Tick Tock and going to Social JUSTice Warrior model their screwed.

Nobody is buying their shit anymore after this.
>>
>>334903531
>believing a post on /g/ tailor-fucking-made to appeal to anons
Come on, man. At least it isn't as bad as that "WB exec" that posted on /tv/. This guy at least didn't shoot for the fucking stars with his and went more believable.
>>
>>334903531
Hello. I work at Nintendo.

Ask me anything.
>>
>>334903793
He described literally every modern tech company big enough to hit 4 digit employees. No shit its believable.
>>
>>334903793
>Defending this shit
>Defending $1500 CPU's
>Defending $500+ 4 cores from 2009
Really cunt?
>>
>>334903384
>devs think the power comes from mostly GPUS
it does, but unfortunately gpus are still terribly inefficient. not even today's gpus (excluding double gpu cards liks amd x2 and maybe a titan-z under very certain circumstances) come close to saturating a 2.0 x16 slot and yet 4.0 is due next year.

>>334903384
>GPU tech like tessellation and geometry shaders
would bring a console to its knees, hence why you dont see it.
>>
>>334903881
Where do you see these prices? Even their newest i7s are under 400 on newegg.
>>
>>334903756
>At least we got the 8 core i7
too bad 95% of games can't use more than a single core properly (if they even bother to try using more than one to begin with)
>>
>>334903881
>defending this shit
Who's defending anything? It's just dumb to believe anything from a single anon on 4chan, especially when what they're selling is what anons want to hear.
>>
>>334900313
DELETE THIS!!!!
>>
>my i7 doing fine
>no need to upgrade my GPU cause it does everything I need it to do
>not even ram is used much

It's mostly that there's no need to go beyond.
>>
>>334903994
As opposed to what we've already seen in the news?

Intel has had its day.

It didnt get into the smartphone market quick enough and now its a old relic who just does servers like AMD and IBM
>>
>>334899910
>1 day drop
>During the hours following the news
>Low of 31.40

This reminds me of how my Stats professor always joked that falsified/misleading stats used with an agenda manage to trick 95% of a general population.
>>
>>334902949
DELETE THIS:!L#PK
>>
>>334900172
>~90 million consoles sold
>~1902190 million computers sold
>>
>>334901713
>videogames mean shit
yeah, that billion pc sales dont matter
>>
>>334904453
>pcs are only used for videogames

You dumbass bitch
>>
Nobody's put out a substantially faster CPU in the last 5 years. We hit the wall.

Weirdly enough, nobody's put out a faster gpu than the 980, either, I'm starting to wonder if we're hitting that wall too.
>>
>>334905334
You're dumb.
>>
>>334905334
Vram is the artifical bottleneck not speed or # of cores
>>
Intel isn't going bankrupt. But what they are doing is shuffling all that lost money into other divisions in order to hide the fact that they've wasted billions of dollars trying to get into the mobile market, and have failed hard on it. They're making a killing off of the traditional desktop market, through OEM sales, and server infrastructure.

Mobile is a cancer and Intel needs to stop trying to be something in-between Qualcomm and IBM when it comes to specifics. They have a market already and are wasting money on ones that are already dominated and have been for years.
>>
>>334903384
They don't, but they have enough business sense to know that it's easier to get their customers to upgrade their GPU's for their game since high CPU specs effectively means replacing almost your entire computer for most customers, especially with how often Intel changes socket types.
>>
>>334903157
you realize that if both and only cpu manufacturers move away from PCs everything dies?
>>
>>334903157
What about Zen?
>>
>>334906395
The certified shit wrecker came up with Zen, can't wait for it to release. I want those 32cores/64hyperthreads it's going to be on par with Haswell refresh speeds.
>>
>>334905871
Intel can see the writing on the wall, though. Desktops are coming to an end. Fewer people than ever are buying them, and eventually retarded kids will be in charge of businesses and go "why don't we just cut out all the clunky computers and develop a smartphone work app so people can work 24/7 lol".

It's CRTs all over again. The majority market does not give a single fuck about quality. All they care about is "is it smaller", and "is it cheaper". If you match those 2 requirements, which phones now do, the old market dies.

Physical controls? Normies don't need them. Using a touch screen is more intuitive than a mouse anyway, they don't care if it's objectively worse in every possible sense.

The only real hope for the future is if we make a breakthrough in haptics or brain interfaces. Physical controls and big boxes are going the way of the dodo, whether you like it or not.
>>
>>334903992

Good thing I'm not a retard who uses his PC for nothing but games.
>>
>>334904096
>Intel has had its day.

Oh man AMDrone delusion is fucking hilarious.
>>
>>334899865
I bet they regret donating that 300 million to anita that they could have used
>>
>>334905871
No you see, in the deluded stage of the American capitalist business market, making money is tantamount to going out of business. You can't just make money, you need to make MORE money, making sure others are not making the money you should be. And that's why these things happen.
>>
>>334907062
>Desktops are coming to an end.

Hey 12 year old, people have been saying this since the 80s when laptops came around.
>>
>>334907272
It's that stupid short-term quarterly shit, if companies aimed for long-term profits instead of focusing on the quarterly we would all be better off. But then again human interests have always tended to be focused on immediate/short-term.

It's like that spoiled girl in Willy Wonka. Every fucking company wants their goose and they want it now.
>>
i actually know someone who owns a gaming pc
>>
>>334907301
Laptop adoption rates are nothing compared to smartphones. At some point, you really have to face reality.
>>
>>334899910
>>334899865
Didn't they literally last year announce they were taking on a bunch of sjws
>>
>>334907429
Desktops aren't going to vanish. The assemble-your-own desktop crowd is an audience that's been around for longer than you've been in diapers.
>>
>>334907539
And CRTs were around for decades, and died in less than 10. What's your point?

For all the companies involved in the desktop industry, only 2 matter. The more profits drop, the more interested they become in giving up on the very costly development of desktop hardware, for the short-term benefits of phone shit.

We've reached the point where theoretical limits are severely hampering new yields of existing technology. Either someone comes up with a breakthrough fast, or the market built on upgrades falls apart.
>>
>>334907518
That was Nvidia after an Anita seminar.
>>
>>334907943
you're comparing apples and oranges, CRTs aren't desktop computers, they're televisions
>>
>>334899910
OH MY SWEET LORD WHAT A PRECIPITOUS 0.16% NOSEDIVE
>>
>>334903558
you can 85% of the performance of the absolute top-of-the-line pc of the moment for about 30% of the cost
>>
>>334908068
No, they were monitors. Around the time they completely died, they were comfortably putting out 1600x1200 resolutions, with adjustable framerates from 60-120hz, on mid-range models.

These were thrown away in droves for "new" monitors at much lower resolutions and a locked 60hz display.

The masses do not care about quality. They never have, and they never will. Is it smaller, is it cheaper. That's all that matters for hardware, and the portability of phones is an insane selling point for normies. The desktop market is in tatters, and there's only obsolescence on the horizon.
>>
>>334908515
most crts at a time didn't go above 768 with 60-90 hz. TN was cheaper, but IPS and PVA models were pricey.
People switched because CRT had small advantages with really big downsides, of being a huge ass dust magnet that doesn't scale that well. And one LCD became mainstream it was cheaper to make good LCD panels.
>>
>>334908790
>most crts at a time didn't go above 768 with 60-90 hz.
No, most people didn't push them past 768 because they had dogshit rigs, or they were cheap monitors bundled with their pre-built.

CRT had massive advantages including a lag-free display, much higher framerates, much better color reproduction, and completely trivial downsides like "it's heavy so it's a hassle to lift the thing I only have to move twice in its entire life".
>>
>/v/ thinks that they know how a company restructuring work.

The main thing here is that Intel simply removing redundant or obsolete positions and to save more money, there is no alarming change in their 2016 project roadmap.
>>
>>334908954
CRT monitors were expensive, mid range CRTs had nothing you mentioned. They took a lot of space, were succeedable to burn-in, were hard to scale, because tube had to be bigger as well, had some design problems that were "resolved" only closer to the end of their lifetimes, like the fact screen was often not flat. Samsung tried to push them as hard as they could, they offered "slim" CRTs with flat screen and 1080p resolution, but they were more expensive than LCD models and often didn't match them in quality

They had better blacks and indeed input lag was inexistent, but that's it. IPS panels offered similar and later better colour reproduction at lower price with less hassle in many form factors, TN had awful viewing angles, but were super cheap and really quick, offering similar response time and refresh rate in many sizes at lower price and VA was a middle ground.
>>
>>334900172
>kek
Typical retard. See >>334904389
Your PS4 is nothing compared to PC sales.
>>
File: shocked.jpg (365 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
shocked.jpg
365 KB, 1000x1000
How could a company that donated to Anita Sarkeesian and have such a huge diversity administration be losing money? Must be because they have too many straight white male employees!
>>
>>334907943
>We've reached the point where theoretical limits are severely hampering new yields of existing technology

Says who? You?

Smartphones will not "replace" desktops. The whole reason is that they need to be relatively small and mobile, meaning they will never be as powerfull as a desktop, which means it will never replace it. Just like laptops didn't.
>>
>>334899865
Maybe being good at managing their resources could have prevented the current situation.

Next time think twice before giving millions to con artists like Anita
>>
File: file.png (143 KB, 637x318) Image search: [Google]
file.png
143 KB, 637x318
>>334899910
>share prices mean shit

/v/ is fucking retarded

the share market is completely reactionary and based on publicly available information. People see Intel are cutting jobs and they sell shares. It doesn't mean shit about what's actually going on inside the company
>>
>>334900435
[citation needed]
>>
>>334910950
It's not them losing money per-say, it's just trimming the fat

Companies that want to stay competitive do this all the time
>>
File: 1408669114034-5409.png.jpg (33 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1408669114034-5409.png.jpg
33 KB, 500x500
>fell for the AMD cpu meme
It's horrible. I shouldn't have been a stupid hipster and just bought an i5 like everyone told me to.
>>
>>334912843
>tfw getting fluent 60 fps on my cheap amd gpu while people with nvidia are crying
Fells pretty good
>>
>>334912932
Cpu you fucking retard.
>>
>>334904551
show me where i said that
retard
>>
>>334912989
I'm aware of that
>>
>Smartphone boom has ended
>Quick lets focus all our resources on that

AMD could really strike at Intel's utter incompetence right now
>>
Consoles literally killing PC gaming. You can play console games on a $50 CPU so why would people upgrade?
>>
>>334913275
Shhh AMD are too stupid
>>
>>334913563
I see a grand total of one (1) console exclusive
>>
>>334913608

Most people don't buy a console for exclusives, anon. Get that to your thick head.
>>
>>334914078
>Consoles are only good for exclusives
>lol who cares about exclusives
>>
>>334914078
What do you prefer about consoles then?
Inferior copies of games?
>>
Will Zen save us from Intel and its 5% gains?
>>
>>334913275
Microsoft has a ton of influence on Intel, they're asking for mobile x86 because they can't make Windows for ARM work and Intel basically has to oblige them because every other sector of the industry is currently shifting away from commodity x86 hardware to even cheaper purpose built ARM and Power based systems.
>>
>>334914078
Then why buy them at all unlesss you're 15 years old and just don't know any better
>>
>>334914332

Why don't you ask the 40 million PS4 users, ~20 million XOne users and ~13m wii u users.

Hint: it has something to do with social activities and ease of use.
>>
>>334913608
Maybe you need your eyes checked.
>>
>>334914495
I don't know about you, but I bought an Xbone for Halo
>>
>>334901558
fuck off shill
>>
>>334914495
>Hint: it has something to do with social activities and ease of use.
Nearly everyone in the first world can use a computer, Anon.
>>
File: 1451039179057.png (239 KB, 600x506) Image search: [Google]
1451039179057.png
239 KB, 600x506
>>334914495
>it has something to do with social activities and ease of use.

>social activities
everyone plays online nowadays, the only reason to buy a console is if your underage friends have one but yet again the community on PC is much better in most games

>ease of use
install steam, download game, play
install origin, downlaod game, play

wow that was hard
>>
>>334901905
it was a dumb move to drop a big pile of dosh on stupid divesity/feminism programs but I doubt its related to the trouble theyre in now. its just wasted dosh.
>>
File: wakeup.jpg (25 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
wakeup.jpg
25 KB, 400x300
>I produce products for Intel

damn
>>
/v/ is so god damn stupid.
>>
I want them to die and AMD to rises and shines
>>
>>334899865
>female CEO

hahaha
>>
>/v/
>business knowledge

Top fucking kek
>>
>>334914078
yeah no, that is literally the only thing consoles have
>>
>>334903046
>implying they didn't try this for literally a decade before learning people just want to buy a laptop for Facebook that also runs some games
even if you build your own rigs replacing a CPU is at the bottom of the list of things you want to try and upgrade (whereas GPU is relatively simple)
>>
>>334899865
There is just no reason to upgrade this generation. The consoles are exceptionally weak and optimized games run on year old hardware. I have a weak ass GPU and it still has more power than a PS4. Maybe I will upgrade in one or two years. The only thing that would make people upgrade is proper VR and that is a pipe dream honestly.
>>
File: WHnwU.jpg (30 KB, 642x200) Image search: [Google]
WHnwU.jpg
30 KB, 642x200
>>334912843
your best option is to sell your CPu or pray DX12 meme will take off
>>
>>334900427
Hell look at goverment departments and schools still using 10+ year old xp machines.
>>
File: GOOD.jpg (89 KB, 1186x788) Image search: [Google]
GOOD.jpg
89 KB, 1186x788
>>334899865
They shouldn't spend millions on fucking AMD up then.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
That's what you get for going SJW.
>>
>>334900263
They talked to intel first but intel's price was too high so AMD took the job instead
>>
Good thing all you savage idiots are buying consoles. Why the fuck do you buy consoles? Seriously the only console worth buying is a fucking Wii U because they have the largest amount of quality games that can't be played on PC. And even that is saying something because you can emulate basically any Nintendo games besides Wii U games. And Cemu is making crazy progress so....
>>
File: images(4).jpg (11 KB, 204x230) Image search: [Google]
images(4).jpg
11 KB, 204x230
>>334917914
Don't talk shit about xp.
>>
>>334918834
not the same same guy, but he didn't imply anything negative regarding XP

shit i still use it occasionally
>>
so does this mean i can get a n i7 6700k for less than 100 dollars now?
>>
>>334900435
[citation needed]
>>
>>334907062
>Desktops are coming to an end. Fewer people than ever are buying them, and eventually retarded kids will be in charge of businesses and go "why don't we just cut out all the clunky computers and develop a smartphone work app so people can work 24/7 lol".
I really doubt that. Businesses are really only concerned with what will maximize productivity. I work in a quite successful litigation-based law firm and we utilize office technology to the maximum it is useful to us (several TBs of file server space, advanced teleconference equipment, multi-monitor setups to maximize screen real estate, etc.), but reject tech when it hurts productivity. Our office has considered getting rid of paper and buying tablets + using existing desktops for viewing documents because we go through thousands of pages of copy paper a day. We never did it because it would have massively hurt productivity, everyone would need at least three to five tablets, and our IT guy probably would have shot himself. We also have gigabit internet but no wifi for the same productivity reason (dipshits would be watching netflix and shit under their desks all day).

If another law firm did all that shit and tried to do what we do on desktops on their phones, we would literally win every case because we could drown them in paper (physical or digital) because we could be vastly more productive.
>>
File: bcb9e16c94[1].png (20 KB, 567x460) Image search: [Google]
bcb9e16c94[1].png
20 KB, 567x460
>>334899910
>/v/ in charge of knowing shit about stocks

lmao just stop
>>
>>334899865
Good. Gas the kikes, race war now.
>>
>>334920895
WHAT THE FUCK!? I THOUGHT WE WERE BOYCOTTING EA HOW ARE THEY NOT BANKRUPT YET REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>334915104

Unfortunately, it is hard for a lot of people. Also, even if you say the community on PC is better, it still doesn't change my point that people buy and engage in consoles and its community. I'm not talking about myself, I'm talking about the the average, the normie, the whatever else you want to call it.

>>334914763

But not a lot of people are willing to pay upfront for a decent pc.
>>
>>334899865
The reality is that processor requirements and performance have stagnated. People with first and 2nd gen i5 and i7 CPUs have literally no reason to upgrade.
>>
>>334907518
they announced a diversity program that basically amounted to importing asian grads
>>
>>334921116
fuck off reddit
>>
File: 1365381473004.png (233 KB, 620x634) Image search: [Google]
1365381473004.png
233 KB, 620x634
>Try to get mother to learn how to use my laptop computer so she can browse the internet with whatever she wants instead of asking me to help all the time
>It's too hard!
>fast forward to now
>Hey anon! Everyone else @ my hangout has a Tablet, I want one too! Isn't it basically like a computer!
>yeah... but..
>Anon you have to show me how to use it when I buy one for myself!

Literally why.

Was it because of the marketing on the TV or because "everyone else uses one". I try to then explain to my mother why tablets suck and a Laptop or a PC is vastly superior only for her to say "Computers are too hard and for weirdos" yeah thanks mom...

No wonder Intel wants in the mobile CPU market, for every 1 PC Enthusiast who builds a PC, 25 retarded braindeads will buy a tablet/mobile device. That's serious money.
>>
File: 1459708881313.png (556 KB, 598x1021) Image search: [Google]
1459708881313.png
556 KB, 598x1021
>A female runs another corporation into the ground
>People want more female CEOs because 'equality'
>>
So this is why they joined jewsoft in forcing people to use only Skylake CPUs with W10.
>>
>>334903243
>games with bad graphics are bad
I don't even care, TF2 or WoW still look amazing to this day and imo better than any pseudo-realistic PS4 game that they try to get graphics whores to buy.
>>
>>334924323
This happenj in my country and my dad WAS FIRED BECAUSE "MUH EQUALITY".
FUCKING SJW I HAVE TO STUDY BUT NOW I HAVE TO WORK FOR SUPPORT MY FAMILY, HOW DOES FEEL THAT YOU HAVE FUCK A PART OF MY LIFE
THIS HAPPEN IN CHILE IN A COMPANY CALLED TVN, THE GIRL WHO TAKE COMPANY SPEND ALL THE MONEY IN SEXUAL DIVERSITY CONTENT (that no one look except minories) INSTEAD USE THE MONEY TO MIGRATE THE BUSINESS BECAUSE TV ISN'T IMPORTANT ANYMORE.
>>
A M D cpu + N V I D I A gpu

it's like an angel having sex with a demon
>>
Good, I only buy AMD.
>>
>>334924323
Intel has never had a female CEO.
>>
>>334900089
now is AMD's day to shine!
>>
>>334899865
They've got a monopoly on the entire CPU market, how the hell can they go bankrupt.
>>
>>334899865
Its too bad amd sucks shit. I have an intel i7 quad core and my buddy with an amd octocore cant even come close to compete, even with a better gpu. Fuck off
>>
>>334928428
zen's coming out soon, AMD will be fine
>>
>>334899865
> moving away from pc
> ever

topkek, do you people seriously believe there won't be more intel CPUs in the future? Shit, I'm going to keep using my i5 2500k until 2050
>>
Good, overpriced shit manufactures should go extinct. Now if only Apple would follow.
>>
The funny thing is that AMD is ao incompetent that intel can go bankrupt and they will still lose market share
>>
>>334928606
>thinking Zen will be good for anyone who isn't a poorfag or OEM
I like how /g/ usually acts rational but goes full delusional whenever AMD does literally anything. Do I want AMD to suceed? Sure. Will they? No.
>>
File: >tfw pcuck talks game graphics.gif (4 MB, 400x371) Image search: [Google]
>tfw pcuck talks game graphics.gif
4 MB, 400x371
This is what happens when console that cost 300$ has games that shit on any pc configuration.
Why people build pc for thousands dollars?
To play games with outdated graphics/meme exclusives?
>>
>>334929919
(You)
>>
>>334929697
That guys post wasnt delusional and he wasnt praising amd, he never even implied zen will be the second coming of christ, he just said it was going to be fine. Where did you get all those assumptions kike
>>
>>334930105
I've been on /g/ too long, they literally praise Keller as the 2nd coming of Christ and think Zen will save the CPU industry.
>>
>>334930348
Zen is most likely gonna catch amd up to haswell, and atleast then i might be able to recommend it to someone
>>
File: diversity.jpg (1 MB, 1866x2216) Image search: [Google]
diversity.jpg
1 MB, 1866x2216
>>334899865
>>
>Make one of the best CPUs in the world
>They last over 5 years
>no reason YET to upgrade as they run everything at 60fps
>they go bankrupt
lamo
>>
>>334929919
Great bait fabricio
>>
I wonder when x64 is going replace ARM cpus for handhelds.
They're not ARM efficient but they are pretty close.

Still i doubt it will happen because it would allow emulation to be easy as fuck.
>>
>>334931312
literally lol'd, and haven't even gotten past the title.
>>
>>334899910
>one point drop
ayyy
>>
>>334903531
>Intel employee here
Stopped reading there

Fuck off faggot
>>
I use AMD anyway
>>
>>334900263
IBM also makes CPUs too.
>>
>>334933270
Not anymore they don't. They only make servers these days. They've sold off their other divisions.
>>
>>334904389
If you're not going for a certain brand and combining them together, have all the consoles that ever existed and have actual pc units sold. Then you have my permission to troll.
Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.