[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3 Online
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
File: black_seperation_crystal.jpg (57 KB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
black_seperation_crystal.jpg
57 KB, 264x264
So for those who do not know, using this item now penalizes you. If you use it enough, you get soft banned from doing online and have to use the white circlet to remove this.

That's right using an item given to you in the game at the beginning with infinite uses punishes you. Now if you're invading and the host has a four man gank squad camping at the bonfire, you are expected to either wait it out or just kill yourself.

No more picking your battles and be weary about disbanding other phantoms too.

This is ridiculous.

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Black+Separation+Crystal
>>
>>334898328
Wait so how am I supposed to send a friendly phantom home after they're done helping in a certain area before the boss
>>
>>334898467
They can use theirs but then they take the hit. It's kind of bullshit.
>>
File: Clipboard02.png (555 KB, 637x621) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard02.png
555 KB, 637x621
>That's right using an item given to you in the game at the beginning with infinite uses punishes you.

I have bad news for you, dipshit.

It's meant as a warning. You use it once and you acknowledge that you were being shitty. You don't get another one.
>>
>>334899245
That sucks man
>>
>>334899693
I'm talking about the black separation crystal.
>>
>>334899950
I realized that before I posted, but I made the image anyway and didn't want to waste it.
>>
>>334898328
Who the fuck runs when they're outnumbered in an invasion? Get good.
>>
I can see why they don't want people to abuse it but softban is kinda stupid, they should just put a cooldown on it or something less autistic
>>
>>334900164
It does have a cooldown.

>to get full softban you have to leave 30 encounters
>as you continue to play your penalty points go down
>you can get a new circuit every NG+
Pretty much you get 60 leaves at the very base of it.

If you leave 60 matches you are a shitter.
>>
>>334900294
Wow that's not so bad, I don't know why anyone would bitch about this
>>
>>334900131
It's not just about running when you're outnumbered. It's about the times where you are invading or being invaded and the other side refuses to come to you.

>invade
>look everywhere
>cannot for the life of me find them
>leave

Whelp guess I'll get penalized for doing that now! Now you have to kill yourself in those situations.

Which means if you're being invaded you now have no incentive to do anything, but try to hide in the most tucked away spot possible since the invader will have to kill themself and give you the kills and items for it or they risk being banned.
>>
OP is lying, it doesn't do shit just like it didn't do shit in DaS2. Fan wikis are not sources.
>>
Its punisheable to prevent anti-game behavior
>fag invades
>try to fight
>get fucked
>hide and chug
>return to fight
>get fucked
>hide and chug
>return to fight
>get fucked again
>hide and no estus
>black crystal out

I believe OP is one of those kids.
>>
>>334900507
because they're going to play six hours a day for the next three years and burn through their white circlets then have to remake their precious character
>>
>>334900580
>Now you have to kill yourself in those situations.
you mean you lose absolutely nothing because someone is avoiding an engagement that gives them absolutely no positive returns? WAW
>>
AYO HOL' UP

**smacks lips**

You can kick an Invader the fuck out with the BSC? I thought it was just to send friendlies home
>>
>>334900796
>lose absolutely nothing
you have to run back to where you died every time
>>
>>334899693
>use save editor for 99 of these
Or
>save scum so i xan always have one

I mean I hav'nt needed to yet, but what do from?
>>
>>334902316
RING OF SACRIFE.
>>
>>334902545
I've heard reports of people getting banned for savescumming
Allegedly a streamer got banned doing it
>>
>>334901029
Just like the memes you emulate you're stupid as fuck m8
>>
>>334902545
>>334902676
>savescumming
How do you even do that? By backing up an old save file and then restoring it later?
>>
>souls game pvp

why?
>>
>>334902676
Streamer though.
A dev could of seaw him do so and ban his ass as a result. Need more examples for sound proof on this.
>>
>>334898328
> Oh no, there is an item in the game that counteracts another item!
> But I'm too fucking lazy to use it, and instead come on /v/ to bitch
> This has existed since DaS first game though

Fucking casuals.

I swear, you bunch never even started on Dark Souls.
>>
So how do you get more of those way of white circlets? I already used one and now I'm kinda scared.
>>
>>334902614
you get like 6 of them per playthrough
>>
>>334902862
I've heard they don't break if used in an invasion
>>
>>334902843
If it's a concern, just hit up Velka and absolve yourself. I don't know for sure, but I would assume she works similarly as other games, and reduces your shit
>>
>>334902770
>highly unique weapons, rings, etc... locked behind covenant rewards
>obtaining the covenant items in pve requires stupid low drop rates from a select few enemies in the entire game

Just look at the fucking Darkmoon ring. It gives you two attunement slots. That shit is so useful for casters, but good luck ever being summoned when part of the covenant once let alone ten times.
>>
its a lie double niggers there is no way they would do that
>>
>>334902840
>Black separation crystal is a perfectly legitimate non-toxic way to end pvp interactions
>Get penalized for using it
>Only way to revert this penalty is a single use item
>If you get penalized again you are permanently restricted from multiplayer content
>For using an item you start the game with
>>
>>334902897
they absolutely do
>>
>invade as aldrich
>get pulled into cutscene of dude stabbing the girl

well I'll be
>>
I don't know about you guys but I absolutely hate being invaded by random players.
When trying to go through a hard area or wanting to explore and some guy decides it would be a good idea to fuck with you. It's annoying as shit.
I know I can play offline mode, but I enjoy being summoned and summoning others every now and then.
It's especially worse when the person who's invading just rolls away constantly and uses estus l. The battle goes on forever, lingerie than some boss fights. Sometimes, I just run back to the bonfire and let them kill me there as I just can't be bothered with their shit any longer.
>>
So are they banning people using trainers instantly now? I actually haven't encountered 1 person obviously using one and that shocks me.
>>
>>334898328
>That's right using an item given to you in the game at the beginning with infinite uses punishes you

no, ABUSING it bans you. As it should be.

>wahhh wahhh my freedom of choice

Fuck you, you whiney cunt. Git Gud.
>>
>>334903664
nah, almost all of the regular invaders are real shitters compared to the fags trying to duel after the pontiff.
>>
>>334902862
>he dies more than 5 times in one playthrough
git gud
>>
>>334903908
Shut the fuck up you faggot.
Git Gud memesters are the biggest cancer there is.
>>
>>334903664
>*the battle goes on forever, longer than some boss fights.
Fucking autocorrect.

>>334903934
A lot of them seem to be trying to go for an epic battle sorta thing.
>>
>>334903982
>He dies in any playthrough

Wow guess you're a casual.
>>
>weekend away in Spain
>come back to delicious mouthwatering cloth map edition of Dark Souls 3
>also come back to disconnected internet and no way to sort it myself for reasons known only to the landlord

What should I do? Play offline anyway? Kind of misses out on a large part of the experience without you faggots invading me and kicking my ass
>>
And it is totally fair

In DSII, you would leave a summon sign in the bonfire before the throne of want and people would summon you for the 2 pursuer fight or the Dragonrider in the other side of the world (that also has it's own bonfire before queen Nashandra) and then send you home. Sometimes they just summoned you because some retarded faggot invaded while waiting to get summoned and camped in the area with the million sentinels.

It was a waste of time caused by the inability or rather stupidity of the host of correctly summoning the small summon signs (small white soapstone) for that fight.

>>334904075
You can't get invaded unless you're "humanized" (uses embers now)
>>
>>334904063
the ones that run around and hide are annoying, but i just use the seed of the giant if they act like that, if they actually want to fight you they probably suck, and if they want to get into a chugging match the host is going to win every time
>>
>>334903989

git gud
>>
>>334904070
I had 5 bugs and/or bad hitboxes
That doesn't count
>>
>>334904151

You've kind of lost me there, anon. I have no internet full stop; it's not about being human.
>>
>>334898328
your fucking kidding me man, i get tons of shitty summons where they constantly slide the fuck around i have to back out, no i can get banned for it. this is fucking shit man.
>>
>>334904207
Sure it doesn't. It's the game's fault after all, you're sounding a lot like DSP, casual.
>>
>>334904276
I wouldn't know, I don't watch eceleb shit you fag-o-tron.
Now go back to the jewtube comments where you belong
>>
Should I even bother invading? I just beat the Cursed Tree and got a red eye orb, but every time I invade it's either me vs the host and their two bodyguards, or a grape phantom will bumrush me. I was hoping to get some decent low-level pvp in but it seems like you have to twink and minmax like crazy do deal with being outnumbered all the time.
>>
>>334904482
I'm not the one trying to blame his casualness on the game's faults.
>>
I agree, softbanning people for using the BSC is total bullshit, but you guys are making this out to be a bigger deal than it actually is: either man up, fight the gank squad and maybe win, or kill yourself and give the host a few souls, who gives a shit?
>>
>>334904512
Nah the changes they made to the game make invading not fun at all. Just wait until you get to Anor Londo and join Aldrich. You will never want to invade any other way. You will have shit tons of fun there.
>>
File: 1434498501380.jpg (21 KB, 372x260) Image search: [Google]
1434498501380.jpg
21 KB, 372x260
>every souls games I've played has been long after the community has left and the online is dead
>get Dark Souls 3 on launch
>now I can finally participate in the thrill of fighting off invaders!
>" lol only if you decide to play on easy mode by hiring babysitter phantoms to beat the game for you :) "

Fuck you From
>>
>>334904535
I blame the casual developers who built in bugs to kill me on purpose because they know I wouldn't die otherwise.
>>
>>334904512
>>334904734

its not THAT hard especially if you know how to bait attacks and catch their phantoms getting cocky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbCxl3OcROs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5aPAzGVJVQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S51TArt_XM8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrXXUyutbd0
>>
>>334904975
And if they don't get cocky then what?
>>
>>334905049
Then you have no choice but to use the Farron Greatsword.
>>
>>334904175
Is that the item that makes the enemies attack invaders too?
Where do you get it?
>>
File: 1449555313970.jpg (51 KB, 394x379) Image search: [Google]
1449555313970.jpg
51 KB, 394x379
>>334904535
Not him but the game has a shit ton of bad hitboxes and unblockable/bearly dodgeable stuff or just plain bad designed things.

It's not has fucked up as DS2 was but we still get some infinite stamina spamming ennemies that can 2 shot you if you aren't wearing mid/heavy armor. I blame the lack of armor upgrade more than anything but still... fucking Monster Hunter has better hitboxes now.

36 hours in, going through NG+ and from what I can tell the devs stopped giving a shit about balance after the catacombs (even the boss there has a minor yet relativly anoying design flaw). Also, I suspect they didn't designed some stuff to be done with slower weapons like Greatswords and shit. Sulyvan or whatever was a fucking pain in the ass to kill with a Claymore.
>>
>>334898328
More importantly I can't find Greirat. I never did his questline besides busting him out but I can't even find his ashes. What gives?
>>
>>334904921
You sound like an asshole.
Stream it if you're so confident that it's the games fault.
>>
I THOUGHT THE BANNING THE WHITE CIRCLE RESOLVED WAS FAGGOTS THAT DID ALT + F4?
>>
>>334904869
You do realize that being ember'd causes you to get invaded even without summoning anyone, right?
>>
>>334905430
I do, you can watch me on twitch tv/darksydephil
>>
>>334902316
Dont invade with a bunch of souls dipshit.
>>
>>334905374
Yeah this game really fucked over slow weapons.

>enemies are designed to basically combo break your chains after a few hits and immediately attack you with shit tons of poise
>the devs never even thought about how much this fucks over moves with high recovery
>this alongside the crazy poise and endless stamina enemies have make using slow powerful weapons extremely difficult and unsatisfying

I'm doing a strength build right now and it's fucking sad I might have to use something like the Dark Sword to get by. I really wanted to go for something stupid heavy like Smough's Hammer, Fume Ultra GreatSword, etc...but it just isn't practical. If not the Dark Sword the Meat Cleaver is probably the only cool thing I could use, but it's so dinky compared to the one in DeS.
>>
>>334904975
This is pretty much the start of the game, players don't really pvp during the start so of course they'd get their asses kicked.
>>
>>334905563
People with summoned phantoms get priority over anyone playing alone, so you're more likely to never run into anyone except NPC invasions.
>>
>>334905298
Look carefully, skeleton
>>
>>334904869
Use the dried finger. You'll get a few, and I've gotten a handful and I only play solo. I guess you're more likely to get invaded alone if you PvP quite a bit.
>>
>>334905793
Profaned greatsword nigga, burn thos mofos
>>
>>334905821
moving goal prost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS8TL4yyZfI
>>
>>334905430
Fuck, you're an idiot. How are you struggling to notice he's joking?
>>
>>334902843
Use cheat engine to give yourself more

Hackers win again
>>
>>334903056
This is what I think. I've used the crystal countless times to get out of gank squads and haven't seen this message pop at all. I also don't see any proof of it either.

Unless it was added with the most recent patch, I'm assuming this is fake. What's the point of even giving invaders the option to opt out of fights if it will just screw them over later? And do hosts get a penalty for sending phantoms back home?

I can't believe the logic behind this.
>>
>>334905717
I'm invading in NG+ and I don't have anything to spend souls on yet (the ashes for chunks/twinks/scales are at the very last optional area)
>>
>>334905835
see
>>334905862
>>
>>334898467
> how am I supposed to send a friendly phantom home after they're done helping in a certain area before the boss

>hurr help me do this shit then fuck you no reward for you

you people are literally worse than hitler
>>
>>334902953
>darkmoons are still shit
of course they are...

Man, I wanted to like them so much in DS1, but having so few invasions, I'd just turned to dickwraithing and stocking my own indictments.
>>
>>334905869
>C scaling in Str

I wish the boss weapons weren't so shit. Can't be buffed, can't be infused, most end end at C scaling when fully fucking leveled.
>>
File: Zero fucks.jpg (11 KB, 299x200) Image search: [Google]
Zero fucks.jpg
11 KB, 299x200
>>334898328
>That's right using an item given to you in the game at the beginning with infinite uses punishes you.

The black separation crystal was introduced two games ago dumbass and using it frequently led to bans in DS1&2 as well, it's not new.
>>
File: 1456991837953.png (31 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1456991837953.png
31 KB, 250x250
>>334900696

>as you continue to play your penalty points go down
>you can get a new circuit every NG+

There's literally no problem. The only time it'd actually affect you is if you leave 60 matches back-to-back.
And then you're a massive shitter anyways, and deserve what you get.

Man, sure are a lot of uninformed bullshit getting spouted in Soulsborne threads.
Not like that's anything new though - /v/ always has a retard boner for the things it cares about..
>>
>>334905962
or get banned
>>
>>334905954
I've just become so used to the autistic nature of this board, anon. It's easy to think he's being serious, considering the rest of the shitposting on this board.
>>
File: 1454370281923.jpg (33 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
1454370281923.jpg
33 KB, 350x263
>>334905793
Did a strengh/quality build for the first run.
Basicly went with the Claymore since this thing always carried me through every other games. I found out Artorias Greatsword was somewhat better and the flip is actually pretty usefull in pve because it pins down most ennemies while doing big damages.
Cleared everything but Anor Londo before Sulyvan forced me to switch to the Dark Sword. Finished the game with this baby, it's a great weapon but god damn, I really would like to be able to use anything else without getting fucked by the first asshole with infinite stamina and poise.
On top of that, poise is still fucked and barely working.
>>
>>334902862
Andre can repair them
>>
>>334898328
Why does From try so hard to make the online shitty?

Seriously, one covenant for jolly cooperation, one for invasion, one for defending against invaders, and the rest as area-specific defenders, every interaction is random, save for a slight priorization of players that haven't been invaded in a while.

It's THAT easy.
>>
File: 2BKEK7t.jpg (70 KB, 692x589) Image search: [Google]
2BKEK7t.jpg
70 KB, 692x589
>>334906095
>need help with one part of an area
>summon in white phantom, give them 3 embers and black crystal them out
>get punished
>>
>>334906127
It's such a simple solution they could have done too.

>aldrich constantly invades anor londo people
>it's a huge invading hotspot perhaps the biggest in the game
>biggest dueling hotspot too
>shit tons of red and mad phantoms everywhere

Why the fuck doesn't the Darkmoon covenant just come to help people that get invaded in Anor Londo? Connecting it to the fucking way of the blue is so shitty especially since most people drop that covenant once they find other ones.

The area in front of Anor Londo would probably have become the most fun area for a lot of people had they designed the Darkmoon covenant to directly counter Aldrich's, which would even make fucking sense in the lore too. That way every invasion would turn to some giant battle with two red phantoms, a mad phantom, and a blue phantom and host duking it out.
>>
and yet the game has this fucking bug whereby you cannot enter a boss fog gate, forcing you to use this

fucking japs man
>>
>>334906261
no he can't, play the game dumb /v/ermin
>>
>>334902953

You still get the covenant reward even if you use a Red Eye Orb.
>>
>>334899693
>You don't get another one.
Circlets respawn periodically, dude
>>
>>334906156
I've never heard of it possibly leading to bans before.
>>
>>334899693

>this much of excuses

Wow the souls defense force is real
>>
>>334906254
At least you went quality build. If you go full strength you are truly fucked. You won't even be hitting for good damage. A faggot with a longsword will be out damaging you with ease.
>>
>>334906171
>>as you continue to play your penalty points go down
they don't. They only ever go up, or all away with a white ring that you only ever get one of, even NG+ doesn't give more.
>>
>>334906332
We had practically the same shitty threads about separation crystal bans before
>>
>>334906156
you got punished for alt+f4 or pulling the plug, never for using the crystal
>>
>>334906254
oh it definitely works

you need high amounts and the right weapon to use it

your wussy sword is shit though in pvp, no range
>>
>>334906412
Can you find them?
>>
>>334906362
darksword works well with pure str and it's one of the highest dps weapons in the game
>>
>>334904869
this isn't bloodborne
>>
File: bone_of_order.png (4 KB, 64x86) Image search: [Google]
bone_of_order.png
4 KB, 64x86
>this entire thread

This is literally nothing new
>>
File: 1397729262777.png (188 KB, 320x347) Image search: [Google]
1397729262777.png
188 KB, 320x347
>>334906454
I can but I won't
>>
File: 1435844390718.jpg (162 KB, 675x900) Image search: [Google]
1435844390718.jpg
162 KB, 675x900
>Go through areas I had trouble with before, but now respecced with Smough Hammer
>tfw I could have avoided all of the pain had I not gone fists
>>
>>334906697
That punished black crystals?
>>
File: DaS3 Invasions.jpg (126 KB, 800x670) Image search: [Google]
DaS3 Invasions.jpg
126 KB, 800x670
>>334898328
PVP in DaS3 might be filled with ganking shitters, but if you don't take it like a man and at least try to kick the fuckers arses then you deserve to be punished.
And if you are some kind of faggot that banishes phantoms right before the boss door, you fucking deserve punishment more than anyone.
>>
File: 1449051474026.jpg (49 KB, 637x469) Image search: [Google]
1449051474026.jpg
49 KB, 637x469
>>334906362
I always dump a bit in dex, to be able to handle most weapons.

>>334906423
I tested the poise of the heaviest armor/max poised I could have with the weapon art that's supposed to give you even more and still got staggered by a fucker with a broken sword.
I have no fucking idea then how it's supposed to work, doesn't seem to even be fonctionnal to me.

Also, what ? Dark Sword bad in pvp ? I fucked up a lot of gankers in NG+ with a Heavy +10 one just wailing around like a retard because they were trying to flank me 3 vs 1.
If you say my sword is shit then I'm dying to try my +10 Heavy Claymore now.

Also, somewhat unrelated but what the fuck is wrong with pvp on NG+ ? I invade a lot and 3/4 of my invasion, the guy gank and on top of that ? 3/4 of them ganking hosts fucking lag switch or disconnect at the first sight of there healthbar going down more than half.
>>
File: 1460704397768.gif (140 KB, 379x440) Image search: [Google]
1460704397768.gif
140 KB, 379x440
>>334906697
How many times do you have to disconnect to require your white circlet?
I've just been fucking around and finding gimmicky ways to do online, so I keep DC'ing to conserve embers, still haven't needed it yet.
>>
>>334906775
>but if you don't take it like a man and at least try to kick the fuckers arses then you deserve to be punished
I did that. But then I have yet to find a balanced fight, let alone extract fun out of it.
>>
>>334906815
>tested the poise of the heaviest armor/max poised I could have with the weapon art that's supposed to give you even more and still got staggered by a fucker with a broken sword.
>I have no fucking idea then how it's supposed to work, doesn't seem to even be fonctionnal to me.
do you know how fighting game "super armor works?

thats how poise works

during attacks
>>
>>334906865
according to wiki, 30 uses of black crystal and you're softbunned
>>
Can you PVP co-op with a friend? I find 4v1 invasions a bit unfair.
>>
>>334903664
>invade a world
>host and two sunbros + a blueberry sits around a corner that has no other entrances
>roll far away
>use sleep gesture and go take a shit and a quick store run
>return 20 minutes later
>go back to said corner
>THEY WERE STILL. FUCKING. THERE
>>
>>334900294
this

If you quit more than 30 times in 30 hours of playtime you are a big gay baby

please stop trying to stir up drama about nothing
>>
>>334906547
But it's still a no fun allowed str weapon more catered to quality builds. When I think full str builds I think huge as fuck weapons where you put a lot of stats into vit since you could afford to as you didnt go for faith or int or anything for buffs
>>
>>334906332
>>334906421
In DS1 using it put you in the darkmoon guilty book, in DS2 it would give you sin
>>
>>334902545
Might wanna be careful with that, offline mode doesn't really protect you from recent reports.

You really gotta block all the IPs which connect or physically pull the plug/deactivate the hardware part while you dick around in CE.
>>
File: 1452684197074.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1452684197074.gif
3 MB, 200x150
>>334904869
Feel bad for you, son. The first month of DaS and even DaS2 were really fucking fun for invading.
>>
so what is the source for this? and no fextrashit isnt one
>>
File: 1448979733251.gif (879 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
1448979733251.gif
879 KB, 245x230
>>334906934
Yup and even when wailling a fucking Guts Ultra Greatsword like a dumbass, I get staggered.
Same thing when tearing a guy a new asshole with a fucking Blacksmith Hammer in pvp. Still got stopped.

I must be missing something here. Not really that I care since I'm used to Demon's Souls and not having poise at all but still curious on how the fucked they did it in this one.
>>
>>334906993
it means you've won in a way
>>
>>334906732
Fists are so shit in this game. The bonefist in DaS2 ruined all fist weapons in Souls games by being so much more awesome than them.
>>
>>334906973
Yes, you can summon friends even regardless of their soul level, which is pretty cool and the game prioritizes them.
>>
>>334907173
in terms of pure damage Vanquisher Seal outclassed Bonefist, but it wasn't as fun as doing jumpkicks and hadokens
>>
>>334907173
Firestone barbed whip is pretty cool, I never liked fists anyway
>>
>>334907170
Poise works during the last parts of attacks now. It fucking sucks but that's how it is. You have to pre emptively attack if you want to get poise at all. It's really broken. I've hit people out of their jump attacks
>>
Honestly, it's hardly even a problem. I decided to make a new character to test out how quickly I could speedrun the game and prepare for PvP, it takes about 30 minutes to get a new character into fighting order.
>>
>>334907170
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24dAt1VNSYw what the fuck? you've got to get hit while your swinging the damn thing

you fags really dont know the meaning of super armor frames

sigh goes to show that pcfriends dont play fighting games
>>
did no one actually read the entire page? in the comments its noted that someone invaded 70 times straight and exited each time with the black crystal, no notification.
it is most likely that the flag for ban ties to someone who hard disconnects during an online interaction, not black crystal. but seeing how farrons watchdogs is completely messed up for some, it could be a serverside issue where it mistakes black crystal disconnects for hard disconnects and flags the player
>>
>>334907314
it works the same regardless of your poise stat(which does absolutely nothing)
>>
>>334907241
Yeah the bonefist moveset is just too fucking cool. They filled it with Tekken and SF shit and it's just brilliant.
>>
>>334907387
Who has time for reading when there's shitposting to be done?
>>
>>334898328
Maybe you should stop being a little bich and using it to run away when you are losing.
>>
>>334898328
>>334898328
>>334898328
The reason this was implemented is obviously to penalise co-op players who leave before the boss is completed.

Are you even sure that it penalises you if you're using as an invader?
>>
pcucks BTFO
>>
>wear way of blue and 90% of the time get a blue sentinel to join when invaded
>wear blue sentinel, haven't been summoned all but 2 times in the past few days

Why?
>>
>invade a fingered host
>two sunbros, a whitecuck and a blueberry
>somehow manage to kill all his little phantom buddies
>run up to the host ERROR WITH CONNECTION. RETURNING TO YOUR WORLD
>>
File: 1345947266206.jpg (22 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1345947266206.jpg
22 KB, 268x265
mfw I found where the fite clubs are
>>
>>334907867
Because of what you just said, you went from one to the other, as most do, meaning you're one of many sentinels rather than one of few blues
>>
>>334907867
no one is using way of blue, thats why. its worse when you want to get summoned as a darkmoon blade but at that point in the game maybe 1% at most still have the way of blue equipped.
>>
>OMG The PvP in this series sucks and is further ruined by arbitrary rules!

Welcome to the souls series. Care to stop being a knobhead and play a fun game?
>>
>>334907339
First I'm not a pcfriend, I sometimes play fighting games but I still do and know basic mechanics like super armors and shit (and I know how to be a dick with thoses kind of mechanics, my friends never want to play against me on JJBA HFTF for that reason) and I fucking specified in my post that I got staggered, while swinging, with various weapon, against either random ennemies or in pvp. Now i'll gladly go on a rant about how you should learn to fucking read but that wouldn't get us anywhere would it ?

I didn't say i've never been able to poise.
On the other hand, if >>334907314 is right about how it works now, it would explain why I rarely poised through anything.
And if >>334907425 is right, well that just confirm what I said : Poise if fucking useless and somewhat broken again.
>>
>>334907867
A million blue sentinels, barely anyone in way of blue.
Tbqh they should make the sents/Moondorks help eachother, too.
Or just send them to random invaded worlds.
>>
File: 20160419182629_1.jpg (492 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
20160419182629_1.jpg
492 KB, 1600x900
>Guy summons me as red
>He has the slide going on
>Kill him despite not knowing what he's going to do
>Get Pale Tongue
>He summons me for a rematch, this time as a Moundmaker
>Kill him again
>Error with connection. Returning to your world
>>
>>334898328
Just take the gank like a man pussy
>>
>>334907967
>>334907993

Why didn't they just make it all one covenant bros?
>>
Why not just give the separation crystal a ten-twenty second charge before it actually works that you can be hit out of? There are plenty of legitimate reasons other than "lmoa fuck you" to use a black separation crystal.
>>
Is there a single human being on this earth who plays embered with no phantoms?
>>
>>334908112
Because muh DS1 nostalgia
>>
>>334907891
>>>run up to the host ERROR WITH CONNECTION. RETURNING TO YOUR WORLD

dont worry, you've probably done more damage to them then just killing them
>>
>>334898328
Good maybe you will become a man now. You should be only using it if the lag makes it unplayable.
>>
What about those areas phantoms cant go into? like the tower with onion knight and the giant?

This is retarded
>>
>>334908112
way of blue / blue sentinel is fine as is, what broke it is having the warriors of sunlight be so easily accessible. even people new to the game who should be using way of blue will switch to sunbros because lol praise the sun
darkmoon could easily be fixed by auto-summoning in any world where an aldrich invaded, no way of blue connection at all.
>>
>>334908187
if that was the case we'd still have sin
>>
>>334903064
Like in dark souls 2 it will spawn again, somewhere.
>>
File: 1456690725670.gif (2 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1456690725670.gif
2 MB, 300x200
>>334907173
>Try the caestus when I get it
>It's complete garbage
>Try the demon fist when I get it
>It's also garbage
>Realize every fist has the same moveset outside of their weapon arts
>End up seeing the bone fist in DaS2
>Now all the fists are even more garbage in comparison

I wasn't a fan of DaS2 when it came out, but that weapon almost makes me want to try SotFS. That, and powerstancing two ultra-greatswords was admittedly pretty fun.
>>
>>334908315
>by auto-summoning in any world where an aldrich invaded,
I'm kinda pissed they don't do that.

These two covenants should hate each other, but they never interact.
>>
>spend 10+ minutes trying to find the host while he's hiding like a faggot
>corner a host and his phantom to the bonfire
>start whailing on them
>the host pulls the pug
>connection error
>I get nothing for it

This keeps happening while I do the wolf covenant and it's fucking infuriating. I think both sides should use their advantages as they can, but holy shit if either side goes into hiding it's fucking awful.

These twenty + minute invasions aren't fun at all. I've had ones where the host is such a baby he just camps his bonfire the whole time so I sit my ass down and go eat lunch and take a shower only to come back and still have nothing happening. One time I came back after 15+ minutes to find my dude still just sitting waiting for the host. Right after the host fucking pulled the plug and disconnected me.

The amount of bitches online is so obnoxious. Today I watched as a host's phantom came out to try to kill me while the host turned around and ran. The phantom had almost no health, but the host had full health. I decimated the phantom while the host ran for his life somewhere else.

Seriously what the fuck? Help you're fucking phantom. These sorts of people are why I hate how easy coop is in this game. They just get carried the whole game and couldn't care less about the experience their phantoms are having. Half the time I go to coop bosses the host just waits in the back like a little baby so that his phantoms can clear the boss for him.

From needs to remove multi man cooping. You should be capped at one person and there should be a time limit on when you can resummon. You should have to use that one finger item to summon another phantom and doing so should put you at the highest priority to get double invading.

And I'm sick of people defending this shit. Invading has been a core part of the Souls experience online since fucking DeS. You get rewards for invading it's part of the game
>>
How long does it take to be summoned as a watch dog? I want this grass for the rewards but fuck farming it on that bridge. An hour of farming for four fucking grass with above 300 item discovery rate.
>>
>>334898467
Nice anon, but it seems your delicate bait was too subtle to catch more than a couple of retards.
>>
>>334908389
>>>connection error
>>I get nothing for it
you do more damage to them then any thing

if they d/c they only get TWO chances before its caput on their summoning shinnanigans
>>
>>334908371
>powerstancing two ultra-greatswords was admittedly pretty fun.
I had a build basicly doing that with both sword on fire, while in dragon form. I fucked up more than one gank squad with those fuckers.
Most fun I had in pvp aside from my SL10 pushing eggman in DS1, pic related.
>>
>>334908386
over 100 aldrich invasions, only ever saw 3 darkmoons. ridiculous.
>>
File: 1418899063627.jpg (89 KB, 431x495) Image search: [Google]
1418899063627.jpg
89 KB, 431x495
>>334908639
>>that hud
>>
>>334908393
When I was below lv 30 I would get summoned really fucking quick
>>
>>334908393
if you're proper level and your weapon isnt overupgraded, it should be pretty fast.
the watchdogs are confirmed broken tho, some people have 0 issues, some people never get summoned despite having no issue invading in the same area with red eye orb
>>
>>334908797
I like it, but that may just be my shit taste.
>>
>>334908371
Bonefist is probably my favorite weapon in the series. Fuck the retarded developers for removing weapons in sequels. God damn I hate From so much.
>>
>>334899693
gee i sure do love fighting these idling animation, moving dudes.
best fucking net code.
>>
File: 1454382903581.gif (2 MB, 265x282) Image search: [Google]
1454382903581.gif
2 MB, 265x282
>>334908974
>Fuck the retarded developers for removing weapons in sequels

>Silver knights are in the game again
>You can get their armor
>You can get their shield
>You can get their greatbow
>But you can't get their fucking spear or sword

SILVER KNIGHT SPEAR WAS MY FUCKING GO-TO WEAPON AND NOW IT'S LITERALLY JUST OUT OF REACH

ANOR LONDO IS THE BIGGEST FUCKING DISAPPOINTMENT NOW
>>
>>334908393
Good luck. It's extremely difficult to get it to work you're better off just invading the old fashioned way and dealing with the gank squads all day.
>>
>>334909279
spears are ghey
dodged a bullet there m80
>>
>>334909279
buy dlc senpai
>>
i've been putting down my red sign while being a warrior of sunlight and the golden glow slightly hides the red mark if people aren't paying attention. i think i've died one legitimate time to a 1v1 and the rest were me either rolling off the edge to avoid gank squads at wolnir or me using the crystal to not fight a gank squad. it's so fucking funny when the host tries to summon a phantom and it says "unable to summon phantom" and i shit all over them. better yet when they heal and have more flask uses (or should) and i get half because i'm a phantom and still win.
>>
>>334900664
You forgot the part when you have 2 phantoms with you
>>
>>334908386
They get extra shit for killing eachother.
>>
>>334908417
>>334906095
u know a friendly phantom can also be a npc?
>>
>>334908858
>>334909335
Dang, I was mainly doing it for the grass, but yeah I haven't invaded once in 20 minutes. Guess I'll just grind those one goat fuckers.
>>
>>334909373
also another thing to do if you refuse to leave the gank squads run to an away with enemies to help you. at wolnir i sometimes had the skeleton hoard if the bridge was intact and i also did it at the smouldering lake i would run to the chalice dungeon styled dungeon and the fireballs would be a good distraction.
>>
>>334909410
And a blueberry
>>
This is retarded and all, but it wouldn't be as fucking retarded if the PvP in this game was hilariously horrid

>invade someone
>they have no animations and just slide around like a vampire
>leave because that's not fun
>get punished for it
>invade someone
>they're invisible
>get punished for it
>invade someone
>spend a solid 10 minutes looking for them, but can't find them
>get punished for it
>>
>Haven't played a souls game online since DS1 because I like it for the PVE and atmosphere rather than the PVP
>Decide to leave DS3 online for a while
>Get invaded
>My +2 scimitar does so little damage per hit even when they're not blocking that I have to squint to see their health bar going down
>I have to panicroll away every time they get more than 1 hit on me because of how much damage it's doing to me

And back into offline I go. I know there's probably some basic shit I have to learn about builds and whatnot, but I just want to take a sword I've always liked (scimitars) and go enjoy the game without having to worry about this shit. I don't even blame the game or anything, I know I suck. I just can't get into the meta or these games.

On a separate note, are there any cool scimitars in this game like the Red Rust one in DS2? I'm still using the paired set you get with the mercenary class.
>>
>>334898328
>have a soft ban removal item
>you can spawn items with cheat engine
>literally can spawn a unban item
???
>>
>>334909730
you have it easy noob

if this was das1 you'd be getting oneshot
>>
>>334909695
The only legit reason you have out of all of those for leaving is the animations fucking up. I had it happen yesterday, some guy was just sliding around and it was impossible to tell when he was attacking or rolling because the animations weren't working properly. But I killed him anyway.

I'm sure you'd get pissed off if some guy you were invading alt+F4'd/turned off his console right before you killed him because an invasion wasn't going his way, but you complain that you get punished for quitting because an invasion isn't going your way?

_______________git gud
>>
>>334910497
>using an item From gave to you is the same as yanking out your ethernet cable
>>
>>334908304
>Summon a phantom to help me with the area beyond the tower
>Fucked because he can't go there
Thanks from
>>
>>334910720
The end result is the same. It's an item that's to be used sparingly and none of the situations you outlined (bar the fucked up animations) warranted a disconnect.

>some faggot invades me at the swamp to try and troll me
>turn into a wooden pole and sit next to a wall
>spends 15 minutes looking for me and can't find me
>even runs past me several times
>laugh my ass off because he's pissed off, achieved nothing and had his time ruined
>complains that he's being punished because the tables were turned even though he originally set out to intentionally ruin my time
>>
File: 1448761348359.jpg (78 KB, 655x560) Image search: [Google]
1448761348359.jpg
78 KB, 655x560
>>334910895

>This guy's trying to waste my time and negate the last five minutes of my work!
>I'll just spend the next two hours remaining perfectly still! That'll show him!
>>
>>334911079
>two hours

Nice exaggerations bro

Also

>crying that using item From gave you punishes you for disconnects
>also crying that people are using spells or items From also gave them to negate your invasions

Stick to being a Sunbro in future if you can't into invasions
>>
>>334898328
>you are expected to either wait it out or just kill yourself.

So what exactly do you lose by dying/killing yourself? Nothing? Oh, so you're just a whining little bitch, gotcha.
>>
>>334911221
>invade in DS2
>can't find host
>CE says he's using Chameleon and hiding
>Teleport to him
>Vacuum stab him back to majula
>kill his NPCs
>leave a bunch of +14 items everywhere
>break his armor
>freeze him in place with infinite invasion time until he alt+F4s
:^)
>>
>>334902545
yeah have fun being soft-banned and being forced to play against other hackers.
>>
anyone know where i get whatever you need to shout "hey!" at people?
>>
>>334911424
trade homeward bone with the birds on the roof of firelink shrine
>>
>>334911424
Trade alluring skull with the crows.
>>
>>334911636
that one gives you the "hello" stone.
>>334911612
>>
>>334911679
no problem man
>>
File: 12312.jpg (40 KB, 329x344) Image search: [Google]
12312.jpg
40 KB, 329x344
>>334898328
>they wrap the crystal up in a diaper to symbolize that only literal babbies who shit and piss themselves would ever use it to avoid dying in a fucking videogame
>>
>>334911817
DEEPEST LORE
E
E
P
E
S
T
>>
>>334908389

It's easier to target a wider audience with this system.
>>
File: 1457220678644.jpg (74 KB, 632x601) Image search: [Google]
1457220678644.jpg
74 KB, 632x601
>get invaded while solo
>go to fight them
>they run away
>won't fight me at all and keep their distance
>say "fuck it" and continue progressing
>they only start to come close when I'm fighting enemies
>anytime I start moving in their direction, they run away
This has happened with 6 invaders in a row. This is the most annoying shit I've ever had to put up with in a video game. These people are like cockroaches
>>
Buy the season pass guys. Buy it. You fucking goyim.
>>
>>334912893
I'm not going to buy something if I don't know what it is
>>
>>334898328
I'm glad I only pirated the game so far.
>>
>>334912806
>the same people who complain about summons during invasions also run into enemy mobs when a 1v1 isn't going their way
>>
>>334912806
fighting alongside npcs is the invaders only advantage. He's at lower health and has half the estus. I literally kill invaders in 3 hits. I feel bad for them.
>>
>>334913047
>the same people who complain about invasions also benefit from blues invading to defend them
>>
>>334914249
I had the Blue Sentinel thing equipped for 20+ hours and I never got a single invasion the whole time. It's broken as fuck
>>
>>334914457
I've invaded a hundred times and ran into some 20 blues.
>>
>>334903664
>but I enjoy being summoned and summoning others every now and then.
>I just want to summon help and make the game easier without any consequences
First Souls game? Every time you are able to summon help you're also exposing yourself to invades, one without the other is simply retarded.
>>
Kinda sad they made Giant Seeds much harder to get.

It was a pretty solid counter to those pussies that just run away as soon as they break a nail.
>>
>>334912981
Have you been playing online with the fix.? Plenty of invasions now that buyfags are on 1.03.1
>>
>>334898328
If you're regularly using the Black Separation Crystal you're worsening the experience for other players. Removing unsporting players from the playerbase is a net benefit to the rest of the players.
>>
>>334912806
>mm-muh honor
>why doesnt he fight me 1v1 when I have all the advantages
>how dare he use game mechanic and behave like the developer wants him

feels good stealing your ember with my aldritch bros,

just play online shitter
>>
>>334915167
>>
>>334914457
I see them from time to time. And for some reason they were all terrible.
I like it when I invade as purple and a bluefags joins in. I just kill him and let the host be.
>>
>>334915167
You sound like the kind of guy who complains about seed of giants.
>>
dark souls 1 did pvp perfectly, i remember using a zweihander vs 3 people and stunlocking them all to death
>>
>not going vig/faith
>not getting that 600 ar lightning blade lothric long sword

It's almost as if you like to lose.
>>
>>334915740
>best PvP system is the one that favors the build of my choice
>>
>>334915878
there were lots of good builds, and being outnumbered wasn't as huge of a disadvantage
>>
>>334908121
Me, I like having that huge fucking health bar.

Kind a funny how when Ive got some people with me I usually get utterly shrekt but when I go solo and get invaded I usually win

You think it would be the opposite
>>
>>334915167
it's not about "muh honor" or muh 1v1, it's about you cunts being massive pussies and avoiding a fight altogether
>>
>>334915594
nope. Its so scarce that I actually feel honored when a host feels so threatened by me he has to resort to using it.

Im also probably one of the few people who enjoy ganksquads. Mostly because its very fun abusing mobs to trick dumb phantoms. Absolutely love it when a second invader joins in this clusterfuck

I just think "fight me 1v1 fgt" mentality is dumb. I came here to fuck host in the mouth not to duel
>>
>>334916125
That's the point of an invader though. To fuck you up and piss you off.

Seems like they're doing their job perfectly fine.
>>
>>334916152
Wow, you are so cool wrecking all those weaklings. I bet you're also nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
>>334906254
what does quality mean
>>
>>334916125
if you would stop running away and chugging estus like a bitch when you get hurt I might consider fighting fairly.
>>
>>334916362
equal str and dex allocation
>>
>>334909760
INVALID DATA DETECTED
>>
>>334906325
No you don't. Sunbros get a medal but Blues need to be summoned by the game's automatic (never happens) covenant summoning and kill an invader to get a proof of concord.
>>
>>334913638
Cant say I feel bad for them. Their entire thing is to try to fuck with the host.
>>
File: tumblr_m6o6se10jM1qfck06.jpg (96 KB, 400x346) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6o6se10jM1qfck06.jpg
96 KB, 400x346
>>334916318
git gud
>>
>>334915167
>my aldritch bros,
As Aldrich invader, I always kill reds. It makes me moist.
>>
OP is lying by the way
some faggot on gamefaqs tested it and didn't get softbanned after 50+ back to back BSC
>>
>>334912806
Hosts get their gank squad, only fair we get one too :^)

Unless you summon from red sign anything goes, and that includes me dragging you through mobs

Tell you what, next time you get rekt by someone smarter than you, go waddle back to Firelink, go to the entrance, and take a left up the stairs to another exit. There's a tree out there that drops an item that makes mobs hostile to invaders when used. It has a chance to drop one every time you get invaded, so check often.

Now, next time someone runs behind mobs, pop the seed and watch the fun.

You're welcome.
>>
>>334906270
>implying your shitty embers are a worthy substitute for whatever covenant reward they were after
>>
>>334916587
>never happens
Why do you nerds say this? Do you have cross-region disabled? I was able to get all 30 Concords in one evening at fucking SL120.
>>
The soft ban is for people that disconnect or alt f4
Its not for the black crystal
>>
>>334916876
Cross region is meaningless, it only separates Japan vs rest of the world
>>
>>334911373
Shit man I hope I can be as cool as you one day
>>
>>334916843
This, coop has given me 50 embers so far and hundreds of thousands of sous

They get doled out like candy this game
>>
>Get matched with laggy guy
>BC out
>Get banned
THANKS FROM
>>
>>334911373
>make it all up and tell it on an anonymous imageboard
>>
>Invade guy at Archdragon Peak
>He and his phantom buttbuddies run to the boss door
>It bugs out and I don't get thrown out
>Can't BC out because it gets you banned
>Have so fuck around and hope they beat it fast or host dies
>>
>>334917251
>get matched with ordinary player
>BC out
>BC out
>BC out
>BC out
>get matched with lagger
>BC out
>banned
Enjoy.
>>
>>334912806
I'm an invade bro. If it looks like it's 1 on 1, I always wait for the guy I invade to kill the mob menacing him.

If it's 2v1, I use the mobs. If it's 3v1, I leave.
>>
>Invading
>Host hides behind two phantoms as per usual
>I kill one of them but die by the other
>Host comes up to my corpse and spams gestures
Damn, he sure showed me!
>>
>>334917637
>Kill hosts phantom babysitters
>He runs away like a coward
>Rolls around the bonfire for 2 minutes while summoning more phantoms
every time
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.