[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pyre
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: unnamed.png (96 KB, 217x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
96 KB, 217x300
so are we exited about this? I never got into transistor enough to finish it, and this looks a little similar

at least the music will be good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvxfmnrNj2U

discuss
>>
I guess I forgot we don't actually discuss video games anymore ~desu
>>
It will probably be similar to Transistor in regards to how Transistor was similar to Bastion

The devs will probably stick to they're strong at: art, music, narration while trying something different with gameplay. And they will probably try their hand at more world building and character development, since they kind of got their feet wet with it in Transitor, but we were stuck reading just about all of it rather than people/things develop in time around your character.
>>
>>334898095
what do you think it was that transistor lacked that bastion had?
I've just kind of thought it was the switch from basic isometric hack&slash to a kind of experimental turn-based but reading your post I wonder if there was more to it
>>
>>334896728

Looks like a fantasy style Transistor.

Fine with me. Hopefully the narrative won't be such a disaster as Transistor's was.
>>
>>334898095
are good art and music enough? supergiant's games have always begged the question to me
naration is good too, but any game could be made better with bastion's narrator
>>
File: Donald Trump, President.jpg (17 KB, 220x266) Image search: [Google]
Donald Trump, President.jpg
17 KB, 220x266
>>334897068

actual /v/irgins are still here bro, but it's hard to wade through garbage like

>e-celebrity threads (Giant Bomb, Best Friends, Phil Fish, Anita Sarkeesian, etc.)
>20 threads on the same FOTM game (currently Dark Souls 3)
>console wars
>Twitter posts
>crossboard posts (/a/, /pol/, /tv/, whatever)

I've applied for janitor twice and didn't get in, probably because I live in USA timezone and they don't need anymore of us. Crying fucking shame m8s.
>>
>>334898298
Enemies and the enviorment.
If I recall in Transistor you were always in the city.
Then there weren't many different types of enemies and towards the late game (and new game +) you're just fighting stronger, recolored versions of those enemies.
Aesthetically, Bastion was more vibrant. The combat, while simpler, felt more organic and in place with the world, if that makes sense. Every time you got into combat in Transistor you were sectioned off from the map and afterwards you'd be healed and ready for the next like it never happened.
>>
>>334899050
looks like pyre will have that same closed combat zone during encounters, but that makes more sense if it's trying harder to be an RPG
I want to add that I think with their decision make what was really happening some big mystery they went too far and so I never really understood what was happening enough to finish the game and reach whatever revelation was the reward for beating the game
it was much more naturally done in bastion
>>
>>334898604
No it's not good enough, but it feels like Supergiant is trying different things in their games while sticking to what their good at it. And that's something I can get behind.

>>334899283
Yeah, the premise feels more convoluted. I can chalk up to the city being full of artists and philosophers and the antagonists are a bunch of pretentious fucks.
>>
>>334898298
character interaction between more than 2 people
>>
Transistor sucked and this dev are one hit wonders just trying to copy the same formula and style over and over. Definition of diminishing returns.
>>
>>334900067
why are you in every thread
>>
>>334900067
I wont say you're wrong, but the sample size of 2 released games is a little small to make that kind of judgement
I'll have to say though, if pyre flops they'll probably never release another good game
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.