[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stellaris
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (257 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
257 KB, 1920x1080
This is looking good

Will you play it?
>>
Fuck yeah I will be, probably my most anticipated release for the year.

Anyone with experience doing multiplayer in grand strategy games want to give feedback as to whether I should bother getting excited for that? How's EU4 / CK2 in multi?
>>
>>334889048
>How's EU4 / CK2 in multi?
Total horseshit unless you're playing with friends.
>>
I'm too casual for Paradox games so I'll be sticking with Endless Space 2.
>>
File: EforEveryone.png (66 KB, 179x193) Image search: [Google]
EforEveryone.png
66 KB, 179x193
I will pirate the shit out of it than buy it when it goes on sale for around $15
>>
>>334889048
I'm no Paradox expert. All I know is the checksum changes randomly and you all have to have the same checksum to play together which means you're going to have to restart and restart until it matches. It makes no sense.
>>
>>334888107
This
>>334889048

I want to play a xenophobic race of technocrats that wander the edge of the galaxy. Eschewing politics in favor of the esoteric study of the stars.

Until that research breaches the space time continuum, creating a hole in the fabric of the universe from which mind dissolving horrors spew.
>>
Its gonna be shit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shoiYDp7EEA

Video related
>>
>>334889258
It's a Paradox/4K game, I think.

So it should have the gameplay of Endless Space 2, but with the generated story and setting of CK2.
>>
>>334888107
I'm totally into Swarm Empire
REPRODUCE
CONSUME
CONQUEST
>>
>>334888107

Nah, Paradox is a shitty developer.

Stellaris is going to be an empty DLC coat rack on release that will end up costing $200+ in the end and work like shit for people who do not buy the DLC. Whatever great ideas the devs have will be overshadowed by their greed and poor management of post-release patches and content.

Anybody who has been playing CK2/EUIV regularly, and anyone who played HOI3/Vic2 knows this.
>>
>>334889509
Endless Space 2 is turn-based and not grand strat.

Stellaris is grandstrat and real-time.
>>
Definitely the Second Foundation

- Materialist
- Xenophobe
- Collectivist

Science Directorate

- Natural Sociologists
- Quick Learners
- Nonadaptive
>>334889127
Yeah I figured pubs might be a problem with how long these games tend to end up being. For some reason I wasn't at all expecting to see any sort of formal matchmaking system or what have you, playing with groups of friends just seemed like the obvious way to go about doing this.
>>
>>334889508
I absolutely love the chemistry these guys have, and the dedication to the "theme" of the Blorg have made these streams a real treat to watch each week. Can't wait to see the Friend Ships tear the Just League apart this week.
>>
not at first

Paradox games are buggy as shit on release, and take about a year's worth of patches to start getting good
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.