[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls Abyss Watchers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 31
File: abyss-watchers-dks3.jpg (385 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
abyss-watchers-dks3.jpg
385 KB, 1920x1080
Holy fuck, this boss fight is garbage.

>first half is just several knights all fucking you over at once
>you can't have a proper 1v1 with any of them because the others will just come up behind you and fuck you over
>the second half is one all over again, except with infinite stamina that literally spams several attacks a second at you
>he can also reach across the entire room with flames that literally extend even further

So difficult guise! xD
>>
>you can't have a proper 1v1 with any of them because the others will just come up behind you and fuck you over
Pay attention next time, some of them fight the boss
>>
difficult, but fair ;) XP
>>
>Im a slow lumbering faggot who doesn't know how to roll

lmaoing @ ur life
>>
>>334845054
Except all three that are spamming that charge attack over and over again, without any kind of rest, with infinite stamina.
>>
>>334844572
Drop him to half, let abyss bro distract him and wail on him, for the second phase learn to dodge.
>>
>>334844572
the nigga gets stun locked by everything.
>>
>>334844572
git gud
>>
>I find sexual gratification when others tell me to 'git gud' so I bait anonymous fellow-posters to do so
That is you I'm quoting, OP.
>>
>>334844572
Remember all those faggot points you invested in vitality? Yeah some of them should go to stamina.
>>
>muh 1vq honruabu duewwww

Fuck off MatthewMatosis
>>
I just beat them on my first try like two hours ago. After which I fought them again by letting casuals summon me. 6 from 7 summonings we defeated them and I never died.

Git gud.
>>
>/v/ is filled with crybaby casuals who like whining and being cynical more than actually playing video games
in other news, water is wet.
>>
>>334844572
It's honestly my favourite boss fight in the game.
>>
Just beat oceiros and champion gundyr, any ideas where to head next?

Probably missed something obvious
>>
>>334845142
Then get close to them. You're just angry that you are bad. Plenty of people have beaten them easily. git gud
>>
>>334844572
He's annoying as fuck but killing him makes you feel like god
>>
That fight was awesome though... They have very low health, backstab the main one, let them fight each other, and learn the timing for the second form.
>>
>>334845538
continue forward from Dancers bonfire
>>
>>334845538
There's another optional zone you can go now but you'll have to look it up since it's pretty well hidden, it's called Archdragon Peak
>>

I don't understand this meme

It's never more than 2v1 for me me being the 1
>>
>>334844572
Jesus Christ you shove dick all the way to the hair in your mouth.

First form just stay back if it's that hard for you. When 3 are there they will kill each other. Dodge when it's 2 and just goddamn wait it out, pussy.

Form 2 stay close. Learn the wide attack tell. Block that one if you suck at iframes. EVERY other attack you dodge forward then wail on his back. Cautious? Get in 2 hits then dodge backwards.

I beat this on my first try because I'm not a flailing homosexual that can't fight. By this point you can't afford to be this dumb. I say that as gently as possible. Because you only have a little longer until the difficulty spike and even basic enemies will destroy you.
>>
They fight each other
He can be parried
He can be staggered
He can be backstabed
His attacks are incredibly telegraphed and he has nothing past a 3 hit combo

Basically you just suck and should probably just summon two phantoms and let them play the game for you.
>>
>>334845825
Oceiros was on from there though...

>>334846075
So you need optional areas to progress main story?
>>
If you aren't having fun with the Watchers you should probably just quit. They're arguably the easiest boss in the game, and even standard enemies will be harder than them after the catacombs.

>>334846473
No, they're optional.
>>
>>334845386
if you have more than 15 endurance you're a shitter

>>334844572
Don't try to get close and roll around him. Instead keep your distance and just punish his combos, slow and steady. He doesn't have that much health.
>>
>>334844572
I still don't know why they keep beating the shit out of that guy
>>
>>334847980
The Abyss is a hell of a drug
>>
File: 1460576938272.jpg (71 KB, 665x724) Image search: [Google]
1460576938272.jpg
71 KB, 665x724
>>334844572
>struggling with abyss watchers

Bud the rest of this game will not be kind to you
>>
File: 1450566769163.gif (894 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1450566769163.gif
894 KB, 500x281
>>334844572
Finished Pontiff today on my first try and Dancer on my second. This is a good day.

>tfw old demon king took 7 tries

Big monstrosities are fucking up my dex char.
>>
>>334844572
Most everyone else in this thread defeated this boss days ago. What's your issue?
>>
>/v/ defending LE HARD GAME 3 like they defended LE HARD GAME 2

Demon's, Dark 1, and Bloodborne are the only canon Souls games.
>>
>Reddit
>people actually give masses of very valid tips and help the person out, let them know where they're going wrong, and help them succeed

>/v/
>LE GIT GUD

This is why Reddit is better.
>>
>>334844572
The first half is the main boss with a weak ally against you and occasionally a guy who is hostile to the boss and his ally. Don't attack the guy with red eyes. He'll distract the boss.
>>
>>334844572
M8 Abyss Watchers ain't even top 5 hardest bosses.

My friend that's never touched souls in his life beat it in his 3rd try. I beat it in my first. Quit life. There are a things infinitely harder than this. Might as well off yourself now.
>>
>>334848308
Plenty of fights after were easier than them

A couple were harder
>>
>>334847980
>>334848298
Do the red eyes mean anything? I know there are some regular mobs that have red eyes and also the guy who's hostile to the boss in that fight also has red eyes. Is it a curse or something?
>>
>>334849079
then go back
>>
Some people just don't get certain types of fights. You might struggle on Watchers but wreck other more "difficult" bosses, it isn't the typical experience, but it happens.
>>
>>334844572
Beat him on my 2nd try. Used Great Club as part of a STR build.

Just Wait till other Watchers fight each other and while two are distracted, attack the one that isn't. In the Fire Sword form just wait till the end of the combo attack then attack. Have patience.

Or....!

You can just play easy mode and summon 3 Phantoms while you browse this shithole and another 6 threads.
>>
>>334847962
40 Endurance here
You can't catch me senpai
>>
>>334847962
>Bloodborne logic on Dark Souls
Shitter detected
>>
>>334851669
I didn't even play bloodborne, you're the shitter here.
>>
>>334844572
Kek if you think Abyss watches is even remotely challenging good luck on Pontiff and the rest

>that feel when a lot of the bosses can't even compare to some of the annoying faggot enemies you fight in a regular area

Ever since dark souls 2, they have a hard on for giving regular enemies retarded 360-degree attacks in near endless combo chains with a shitload of poise and near instant recovery time. Fighting regular enemies is sometimes more tedious than fighting a boss. I mean I killed Wolnir in under 30 seconds, still have no idea what he fucking does. But that area with the 6 jailers still takes forever to try and lure them out 1 by 1 even if I can two shot them.
>>
>>334844572
>tfw you defeated them on first try
felt so good.
>>
yea abyss watches was hell for me, about 12 tries to finish them it was the 2nd phase that did it for me. stunlocking him only worked for like 3 attacks before he breaks through it and attacks you.

that being said, only boss that took me more tries was the entirety of nameless king.
>>
>>334846473
Just go to the dancer bonfire and head straight.
>>
To be honest, those sword faggots at the beginning of Irithyrll are really powerful, even after the Catacombs.

You have to go through THREE of them.

Then through some mooks. Then a FLAMING sword faggot, paired with mooks. But on of the mooks can one shot you now.

Then you get to ANOTHER flaming sword faggot, and TWO MORE sword faggots.
>>
>>334852449
Their attacks are easy as fuck to avoid/block and they stagger easily
>>
You can make this fight even easier by running straight to the boss gate without killing either of the dickasses so they go against the gate. Lead the second brother near the gate and they will aggro each other. You can then 2v1 for the entire phase one of the fight.
>>
>>334852634
You can't block that shit. They do three fast attacks which which most likely use all of your stamina. They have the frost attacks which does large damage.
>>
>>334852885
Get a better shield and more stamina or learn to roll. I had zero issues with them
>>
File: 1448468940858.jpg (149 KB, 800x820) Image search: [Google]
1448468940858.jpg
149 KB, 800x820
>>334849079
>>
>>334844572
This was my favorite boss fight so far. It took me a couple of tries to learn his moves in his final form But its pretty easy just roll and hit him after the combo. I know your gonna say you dont have enough stamina because your blocking just roll. Ive helpes out as a sun bro on this fight and most host died becuase they blocked all his attackes and ran out of staminia and got combod to death
>>
>>334851896
>pontiff
>hard

I don't see how he's harder, he telegraphs his attacks better and doesn't have unending combos that can end or not if the bosses just decides to fuck you up

also you can predict his phantom copy because he literally does the same move, so is actually fair
>>
Easy but fucking hype. And apparently also a good casual filter.
>>
>>334852885
Dont block then and roll instead. Is it really that hard to understand?
>>
Is there any point in hanging around and doing jolly coop if I'm level 89?

I want to help people out with a few bosses but I have a feeling I'm too late as I'm too high level.
>>
Abyss Watchers was the most fun I've had with this game up to now. The way the fight goes is an obvious homage to O&S and beating them for the first time gave me the same rush as my first victory over O&S. The multiple enemies part wasn't even hard, it's the second stage that raped me with its AOE attacks like nothing else. I needed so many tries for that, I ended up raping the first stage as hard as the second one raped me in return. It made me notice how incredibly fair this fight against multiple quick opponents actually is. It really improved upon the O&S formula by making Abyss Watchers the main enemy, Abyss Watchers's son a respawning annoyance that is easily dispatched and the third guy hostile to all other combatants. It leaves so much room for strategy.
>>
what is hard about this fight? When they attack you just roll and attack them back. that's literally all you do. I beat them first try
>>
>All these shieldcucks
>>
>>334854241
I thought it was hard when I realized that the only chance you have to clearly hit the boss is when he charges without using his flame sword

after learning that its a cakewalk
>>
File: 1272868602622.jpg (82 KB, 560x575) Image search: [Google]
1272868602622.jpg
82 KB, 560x575
>I took more tries on Champion Gundyr than Nameless King.

???
>>
>Abyss watchers
>Not exploiting low poise

Wait until you get to the Duel Wielding fag :^)
>>
>>334854241
You got it.
I think every boss fight in this game is well designed, they seriously raised the bar here
>>
>tfw I feel like an idiot for thinking that the Deacons of the Deep were the most fun boss
>>
File: daffy2.jpg (277 KB, 1480x1080) Image search: [Google]
daffy2.jpg
277 KB, 1480x1080
>>334852216
Same here. The second phase reminded me alot of Lady Maria so I guess that sorta gave me an advantage.

>spend most of my estus on first phase
>"that wasn't too bad, pretty cool fight though"
>cutscene occurs
>commence round 2
>holyshitimfucked.png
>spend my last two estus getting that fucker down to half health
>I have but a sliver of health left
>realize failure is unavoidable and imminent
>accept death
>"one of your messages has been rated"
>...
>tear the boss a new asshole

Honestly one of my favorite From Software bosses ever.
>>
>>334845504
This it was definitely my fav fight so far
>>
>>334846082
No a 3rd spawns with red eyes that is aggressive towards the other 2 and he can even end the first half of the battle for you if you let him
>>
>>334853995
Abyss watchers are a joke to stagger, abyss watcher has tiny combo chains where as Pontiff can have really long ones if he decides to do a full chain, Pontiff surprises you with the second copy after the phase transition where-as abyss watchers literally sends in another watcher to fight the boss for you and the transition is just a cutscene.

Abyss watchers I cleared on my first try because I went at him really aggressively and kept him staggered. Also burned him down incredibly quickly the first phase and wasn't even aware that more watchers spawn other than the initial second one and the one that attacks them.

Strat didn't work on Pontiff because he doesn't stagger easily and has way more hitpoints so I actually had to learn his moveset and the best way to kill his copy which is literally just to go ham on him and it as he is summoning it.

I honestly do not comprehend how anyone could have more trouble on abyss watchers than pontiff. Unless they played like a turtle faggot or something, Not sure how many bosses attacks are actually blockable because I never use a shield.
>>
Why the fuck did his sword light on fire? Since bloodborne they've just been lighting swords on fire for no fucking reason it's retarded. Why would an abyss Knight have a fire sword. Fucking dumb.
>>
>>334854505
i did too

champion gundyr is some shit WEW
>>
>>334844572
>good
>good
>eh
>dodge sideways
Sounds real hard, bro.
>>
File: 1444061676725.gif (227 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1444061676725.gif
227 KB, 640x480
>>334855230
>why would a game with the central theme being fire give a guy a fire sword
>>
>>334852449
Lol dude I literally ran to every bonfire in irithyll cause those fuckers a tough as shit and even would fuck me up when leading the out 1 by 1 cause they are all spaced out so well that if you go to far you run into more
>>
>>334854654
Deacons were basically just an improved Congregation. I liked the fight though. Wasn't hard, but it was a nice change of pace. Other Deacons should've been a little faster/more aggressive though.
>>
>>334849079
4chan isn't for discussing stuff, it's for memeing hard
>>
>>334855415
If they're all based on artorias, it's retarded that his descendent knights would just decide to have fucking fire swords.
>>
>>334854657
how the FUCK did you get my picture?
>>
pro tip: you can chain stagger them when they're in neutral, but you have to maneuver and depending on how slow your weapon is roll recovery may prevent you from being fast enough, try running around attacks without lockon
>>
>>334855230
>Why would an abyss Knight have a fire sword

Lord of CINDER

LORD

OF

CINDER

C I N D E R
I
N
D
E
R

>>334855629

Are you fucking dense?
>>
>>334844572
Pull your dick out of your own ass and get fucking good.

I'm fighting King of the Storm right now, and his second phase is fucking retarded

>endless combo
>jumping charge attacks
>stupid fucking weather effect makes it impossible to gauge distance, so half the time you swing and miss
>ha

God fucking damnit.
>>
File: 1404675721469.jpg (103 KB, 883x691) Image search: [Google]
1404675721469.jpg
103 KB, 883x691
>>334844572
I hate bosses that just get all their health back and you have to fight them the exact same way again
>le 2 new moves he never uses and he's slightly faster have fun!
Seeing the cripple get back up just so that I can roll around his shitty telegraphed attacks once more made me genuinely groan.

Please tell me I don't have to slog through another one of these fights. Just fucking hit me hard from the get go, Miyazaki.
>>
File: ed461cc6002af9ac526a782a.jpg (44 KB, 654x654) Image search: [Google]
ed461cc6002af9ac526a782a.jpg
44 KB, 654x654
>>334844572
Oh yeah? look at this bullshit that happened to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZAOJv9N0e4
>>
>>334844572
what the hell are your phantoms doing when this is happening? mine had my back the entire fight
>>
>>334855230
Because he became cindered just like gwyn and just like your character when you are not in hollow form you moron
>>
File: 1457784744766.jpg (47 KB, 487x487) Image search: [Google]
1457784744766.jpg
47 KB, 487x487
>>334855919
>>stupid fucking weather effect makes it impossible to gauge distance, so half the time you swing and miss

Anon are you okay? I've never heard of anyone having trouble judging distance with this boss. Maybe your eyes are bad or you have some brain problems.
>>
File: 1440415538751.png (99 KB, 344x356) Image search: [Google]
1440415538751.png
99 KB, 344x356
>have lightning weapon
>dragonslayer armour is next

I can't take this brehs. I died like 4 times on average for every boss and I'm already down to zero estus flasks when I've barely taken half of his health.
>>
>>334856429
It's more of a problem with the dragon, since your vision is always pointed up towards it, so you can't see the floor to gauge how far you are.
>>
>>334854850
All three of them can be aggressive toward one another or you. There isn't a specific one who fights the others.
>>
>>334856456
>bring the wrong goddamn weapon to a fight

You should have the materials to upgrade at least 3 fucking weapons to +10 in this game. I'm sitting on 2 slabs, plus the one I already used.
>>
so guys, what's a fun place to invade at SL 70? At endgame
>>
>>334856882
>tfw 0 slabs
>>
Why care about his reach, are you running from him?

Did you ever saw a boxing match, anon? It's similar, you go infight, counter his shit or dodge, then you go for a dempsey roll and fuck him from left and right.

The first half, let them kill themselves, like seriously.
>>
>>334844572

it's the cuck boss

ask this guy

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4fhbh9/i_feel_violated_by_this_game_and_my_wife_hates_me/
>>
>>334844572
How do I kill Aldrich.

lvl 50. The pain is running back to him with all those fags in the way despite having opened the door.
>>
>>334844572
The only thing I didn't like was getting combo'd on when the fire abyss guy decided he was sick of being stunlocked and would roll and attack before I could recover.
>>
>>334857442
Dodge his attacks and hit him until he's dead.
>>
>>334857290

>She said I'm retarded and that she will take this game away from me if this happens again.

lol
Mommy gonna take his games away
>>
>>334844572

>I suck at dark souls: the post
>>
is Ornsteins armour in the game?
>>
>>334857290
>https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4fhbh9/i_feel_violated_by_this_game_and_my_wife_hates_me/
Dont ever link to reddit again, please

and what the hell is wrong with that guy, he sounds like a child and behaves exactly like it.
>>
>>334857442
>the pain is running in almost straightline towards the bonfire having to dodge maybe 3 fireballs
Run up to Aldrich and bully the shit out of him. Dodge all his other stuff while standing at mid range to bait an attack and go ham on the tail so you don't get exploded on. Repeat till kill.
>>
File: 1459820741855.png (76 KB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
1459820741855.png
76 KB, 264x264
>tfw beat champion gundyr on my first try
>>
>>334857442
How is it hard to run up to him? The knight with the spear will do the charge attack from the top of the stairs every time, dodge that and just sprint. Hug the right side of the room after the door to ignore 90% of the fireballs thanks to the pillars.
>>
>>334857619
Yes , I'm pretty surd you have to beat nameless king first though so gud luck
>>
Are the people saying this game is hard just memesters? I haven't actually died to a boss since the abyss watchers my 2nd time. I'm playing offline so it's not like I can summon people to cheese them either.
I see all these posts about the Pontiff and about the Dancer and they were piss easy. The dancer was actually the easiest boss in the game even easier than Yhorm, at least I had to switch a weapon quickly while fighting him. Beat the game at SL55. It was fun but it got easier and easier and I thought it should have been getting harder.
>>
>>334857859
I beat him already, did I miss an ash or somethign?
>>
>>334857759
He's not difficult. If anything, he's even less of a pain than Iudex because he doesn't turn into that confusing, screen blocking mess halfway into the fight.
>>
Did it by using resins to ramp up the damage and fucking him up before he fucked me.
It wasn't astrophysics OP
>>
>>334857938
I hate his kick, and I really hate that obnoxious multihit charge into super slash in his second phase, but what I hate most is his fucking zero frame 15 foot long elbow tackle. God damn.
>>
>>334857901
you can summon npcs dipshit
>>
>>334857650
he's joking, and english isn't his first language

fuck you for making me defend reddit but you are literally autistic
>>
File: 1456346173293.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456346173293.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
git gud.
this is also one of those bosses that makes you learn to dodge as the group punishes turtles.
>>
20000 hours in demon's souls, 10000 in dark souls 1, 3 in 2, 5000 in bloodborne and 3000 in dark souls 3, I've got a protip for anyone struggling with the ancient wyvern boss fight
_________________________________________try plunging attack_________________________________________
>>
>>334857924
After you beat him the set is on one of the fallen pillars at the end of the walkway
>>
>>334856882
You can't have a slab before you beat Dragonslayer Armour though, except with the Sieg quest line
>>
File: DS3_Boreal_Valley_17.0.jpg (529 KB, 2468x1384) Image search: [Google]
DS3_Boreal_Valley_17.0.jpg
529 KB, 2468x1384
>>334844572
If this nigger's having problems with Abyss Watchers (beat them in 3 tries), Pontiff Knights are going to rape his ass diagonally (still eating their hits like a bitch).
>>
>>334857901
How many hours do you have in previous souls games? Of course the game will feel easy to a veteran
>>
>>334858227
>anime pic
>meme response

All you're missing now is a tripcode
>>
>>334855529
And the irony is when 4chan claims that reddit is just for getting upvotes with epic memes.
>>
>Walk in
>Back Stab first Bitch
>Land 2-3 more blows
>Lock on to newly spawned bitch
>Get distance between you and First Bitch
> 9 times out of ten, first bitch will stay put while you kill Second Bitch
> Neutral bitch arrives
> Make sure he aggros First Bitch
> Gank first bitch

There, now you know how to make it to the second phase without having to heal. Have fun fag.
>>
>>334858563
I probably had 70 in DeS. About 100 in DaS 1 and like 30 in 2. I beat 2 and never touched it again. When I started out 3 I was dying left and right and doing completely awful because I hadn't actually played a souls game in over a year but then I got to about the abyss watchers area and it got significantly easier for the whole rest of the play through for some reason.
>>
>infus Morningstar with Heavy Gem
>at +5, still at C STR
>infuse Mace +5 with Heavy gem
>already at A STR
>>
>>334844572
I feel bad. I goofed on fighting the black knights and wasted estus so I summoned a bro for shits and giggles. Ended up killing it instead of dying coming back and soloing them
>>
If "Wroden of Farron" sees this, then thanks. Not sure why you invade with a white phantom ring then actually help people, but whatever floats your boat, mate.
>>
File: 1459631631864.jpg (4 KB, 125x108) Image search: [Google]
1459631631864.jpg
4 KB, 125x108
So is there a ridiculously strong spell like that great resonant soul from das2 ? that shit would take off like 30% of a boss' HP per hit, so stupid strong.

I want to be magic man again but I heard spells were nerfed?
>>
>>334858830
I don't think the bosses are that hard but I'm impressed you beat the dancer in one try, most bosses took me 0 to 1 deaths but dancer rekted me.
>>
>>334859316
everything has been nerfed, except rolls, they are op as fuck
>>
Does anyone else think the Twin Princes were the hardest fight? It took me over thirty attempts.
>>
>>334854505

>it took DSP 68 tries to kill the champ

Based Gundyr
>>
>>334854976

Pontiff is too tall, with the improved hit boxes several of his attacks can pass right about your head, especially if you are near the three steps
>>
>>334844572
I didn't like the first half because I always hated bosses like that where they just add more enemies. I hated it in the 4 Kids, I hated it in the Ayys in BB's DLC but the second half makes up for that. I'm fighting fucking Guts and Maria's baby and it's fucking incredible
>>
wtf out of all the bosses in the game it was one of the easiest. You can just let one clone do all the work while you get free backstabs. His fire mode is sort of hard but after dying a few times you should know how to beat him.
>>
>>334856821
This is ultra wrong. Only red eyes can hurt boss and boss's friend. Sometimes red eyes decides he wants to fuck with the player as well though for some reason. This can be if you hit him, but not only then.
>>
>>334857123
>>334858396
+9 is perfectly adequate if you are short slabs
>>
>>334857901
wow good for you dude!
>>
What is a good way of beating the shitter valley?

I'm level 46 and shes fucking easy right until she pulls her second sword, you get hit once and you die gg kid.
>>
>finish Archdragon Peak
>Hawkwook challenged you!
>he spams the Farron greatsword L1 breakdance swings and chugs estus any time he's below 60% health

Jesus, all he's missing is the Fallen Knight set and he's basically a perfect reproduction of your average host of embers.
>>
>playing Dark Souls 3
>all the sudden, my connection to steam goes down
>the game shuts down
and at that moment, I realized that Steam has become as bad as the DRM it was supposed to fight
>>
>>334862454
Get the fuck out when she first pulls out her sword, she'll immediately go supercombo. Let her finish before you go back in.

If you intend to dodge her attack instead of blocking, unlock from her. Having the camera up her ass all the time, while pleasant to look at, isn't conducive to properly navigating the arena and seeing her tells.
>>
File: 20160413014351_1.jpg (416 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160413014351_1.jpg
416 KB, 1920x1080
Been using the Butcher's Knife since I got it, but I want another nice axe to use for a STR build.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>334862993
Eleonora
>>
How do I get summoned while in the Aldrich covenant?
Do I ave to be embered, and do I have to be at anor londo?
>>
>Took me 2-3 tries to kill Vordt, the Tree, Abyss Watchers, and Deacon
>Manage to kill Sulyvahn and Dancer on my first try
What is this bullshit, I was scared shitless of these bosses everyone complained about, only for them to go down like nothing
>>
Is it possible for someone to trade me Manikin claws if i summon him right at the beginning of the game by using a password?
>>
>>334863191
>Look it up
>It's like an upgraded Butcher's Knife
Shame about the scaling though.
>>
>>334844572

>several knights

if you stop attacking the boss and kill the new guy first, another wont spawn until you get the boss down to lower health. also they can fight and aggro each other so its not even that bad

>waaah waah i want a 1v1
>second half is 1v1
>too hard tho

pontiff is going to kick your ass in if you can't even handle abyss watchers
>>
>>334863326
In that case a thrall axe.
>>
File: 1426788262553.jpg (13 KB, 246x238) Image search: [Google]
1426788262553.jpg
13 KB, 246x238
>>334858790
>>334855529
>>334849079
>disscussing on /v/
>not going on /vg/
>spamming /v/ with souls
>expecting honest replies
you are the faggot here, anon, a big one at that.

You should all be banned.
>>
>>334855529
>>334858790
>literal redditors being able to post without immediately being bullied
neo-/v/, everyone.

Go b.ack to reddit, bitchboys.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
I beat each boss on the first try. I min maxed hard and crafted a top tier build that could stand up to anything. Seriously git gud
>>
>>334863948
>I min maxed hard
>tells people to get good
pick one fag
you gonna rely on you stats?
or you gonna rely on you skills?
>>
>>334856821
This is wrong. Only the red eyed one will fight the boss and the other one.
>>
>>334844572
I'd have made them a gimmick fight with 10 or so watchers,with an individual health bar each, all attacking each other and the player.
>>
Maybe you should just git gud.
:^)
>>
>>334864375
I know, I was expecting them to keep waking up until you dropped the boss. All those sleeping ones littered around just going to waste.
>>
File: ds3 starting soul.png (25 KB, 270x90) Image search: [Google]
ds3 starting soul.png
25 KB, 270x90
>>334844572
Just beat the Abyss Watchers, had a much easier time than OP apparently while I've only got like 12 endurance and 16 vitality, and I can go to either the Catacombs right after, or backtrack to that Cathedral. What's the "intended" way?

Does Siegward only spawn in the well after clearing the Cathedral, or have I fucked up his quest by meeting Patches at Firelink first by buying the tower key?
>>
>Just beat it an hour ago on 2nd try
>That music
Favorite fight so far, guess i'm not doing too shitty like OP.
>>
>>334844572
Motherfucker the two Darkwraiths right before the Abyss Watchers are harder than the Abyss Watchers.

I died to them more than I did the AWs, and I only died once to the Abyss Watchers because I didn't realize one of them was behind me. I didn't even die to his "real" form.
>>
>>334844572
>can be parried
>can be backstabbed
>can be staggered
>hard
Kek
>>
>>334844572

>Not gittin gud
Fucking hang yourself.
>>
>>334854654
The smile on my face when that mob boss appeared and i main an ultra greatsword feelsgoodman.
>>
Easily my favorite boss so far, what are you talking about?
>>
>>334844572
>they're fighting each other in the cutscene
>obviously I'm supposed to fight them all at once instead of defensively luring them into each other
I'M PUSHING BUTTONS
I'M PUSHING BUTTONS, DID NOTHING WOW DUDE
HOW CAN YOU SAY THIS GAME IS WELL MADE
>>
>>334856429
I had the same issue vs phase 1 nameless king, super annoying
>>
>>334864819
Technically Cathedral is supposed to go before Faron Keep, so I'd advise you go there.

Me and my buddy completely missed Cathedral of the Deep and were lost after reaching Irythyrll. Fuck me I ran around those demon ruins for hours looking for an exit to the next zone
>>
>>334858396
You can also get one from using the charred sword (infinite homewardbones) on the bird nest and she pump a rums you a slab.
>>
>>334866374
Same here, went straight to skellie King after beating abyss watchers, then went fought the gaping doggie only to find out I couldn't enter the city.
>>
>>334859316
Pyromancy is fucking strong as shit. Great Chaos Fireball ruins everything, I'm doing a caster playthrough after having beaten the game melee only and I just beat Dancer in one try just walking backwards and waiting for a chance to use GCF. In melee is just wrecked me for hours.

Sorceries are so-so, you don't get the really strong ones until later and they take so fucking long to cast.

Miracles are weak. Like, depressingly weak, and you can't even get Great Lightning Spear until you're ~80% through the game.

(also, if you're gonna do a magic playthrough: Hidden Body+Slumbering Dragon Ring+Rapport is fucking baby mode. Holy shit everything except bosses is a complete joke)
>>
>>334867769
Are you doing all kinds of magic using or what?
I just started a new character today with a plan of mastering all forms of magic, but not sure how I time my build.
I was thinking of doing lots of Attunement early increasing faith and int when new spells and shit needs it.

Any ideas or hints.
>>
>>334868327
Started with Sorceries, adopted pyromancies at Aldrich because he's super resistant to magic and then realized how strong they were. Great Soul Arrow is enough to carry you through most of the game, however. People say bosses are too aggressive for them but they must be trying to use Great Heavy Soul Arrow which takes like three seconds to cast. I'm currently leveling Faith a bit to strengthen the pyromancies.

I don't think I'll bother with Miracles until I'm SL150 or some shit. You really don't have enough levels to focus in both at the same time.

>Any ideas or hints.
I'm really serious when I say use Hidden Body+Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring. It's really strong. Like, "this can't be intentional" strong. You backstab enemies, walk five feet away and they just forget you're there and you backstab them again. Best part is there's a ring that restores mana on backstabs so you can do it basically forever, but do note that Hidden Body only last ~25 seconds (with Lingering Dragoncrest Ring).

It gets ridiculous when you add in Rapport.

Start with Assassin for Spook, it gives pretty easy backstabs (but not as ridiculous as HB+Spook/SDCR)
>>
>>334866374
I also missed the Cathedral, pissed me off because it meant I could no longer do a couple of quests.
>>
File: 20160419_101717.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160419_101717.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
Where the fuck do I go?
>>
>>334869807
You're near a lever, that's the way forward
>>
>>334869416
Well the hints for starting are too late, as I already started the game as pyromancer, felt that the mix of faith and int would get me started on my journey to magic mastery.
And I know and agree that miracles are kinda dull and probably won't get much use of them, but I just like the idea of making magical master that will ultimately have every spell, pyromaniac and sorcery and will be able to use them if needed.

The annoying part will be the spells tied to covenants, being good sunbro is easy enough, but at PvP I'm ass even when I don't gimp myself with silly stupid magic build.
>>
>>334869869
I don't see a lever anywhere
>>
>>334870202
It's not in that room, it's in one close by. If you're anywhere where a knight is/was you went the wrong way.
>>
File: fire vag.jpg (413 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fire vag.jpg
413 KB, 1920x1080
Does armor have puss puss?
Does armor have puss puss?
>>
File: 20160419_102607.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160419_102607.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>334870357
Huh...this kinda reminds me of where you do the darkmoon shit in Anor Londo
>>
>>334844572
litterally the easiest boss in the game aside from the first boss
>>
>>334870595
The previous room didn't remind you of anything?
>>
>>334870595
>where you do the darkmoon shit in Anor Londo

But the hidden room you were just in didn't?
>>
>2014+2
>not using a trainer with this shitty game
lvl 802 with all maxed here, enjoy your shitty game experience
>>
File: 20160419_102902.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160419_102902.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>334870729
>>334870767
HOLY SHIT BALLS
THAT WAS TRANNY FAILURE OF A SON'S ROOM

Wait...this doesn't make any fucking sense. This isn't even geographically in the same location. Where's Sen's fortress? Undead Burg? The Archives?
>>
>>334870936
>he couldn't do it even with summons
>>
>>334871297
I started the game with cheats on. didn't even tried to play without them
>>
>>334844572
I know this is bait but damn dude

>add spawns
>ignores player
>depletes 20% of bosses health
>creates opening for attack on the boss

are you fucking retarded anon-kun?
play the fucking game dude, like right now.
get your fucking sweaty ass out of here and just fucking TRY for like an hour.
>>
>>334858103

seriously, i was much less intimidated by nameless king and his huge dragon. His kicks are impossible to dodge.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (229 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
229 KB, 1920x1080
Most atmospheric bossfight or most atmospheric bossfight? Why does he walk around on his knees so much, though? Exhaustion
>>
I agree that the first half is bullshit, since it just comes down to waiting for the red eyed one to spawn, but the second half is a pretty decent fight, kinda reminiscent of Artorias.
>>
>>334844572
Abyss Watchers is easily my favorite boss fight thus far. The music, the atmosphere, it all really worked for me. Summoning for it really kills it because you just get into a backstab trading fest.
>>
File: pharros.jpg (150 KB, 500x488) Image search: [Google]
pharros.jpg
150 KB, 500x488
>>334848308
>>
File: 1445080882717.jpg (470 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445080882717.jpg
470 KB, 1920x1080
>>334844572
Wait until you meet this little shit
>>
File: Nigga what.jpg (40 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
Nigga what.jpg
40 KB, 505x431
>>334844572
>Abyss watchers
>Hard
I had more trouble with the old demon king than this guy. Though his fight is more fun
>>
File: 1401667566662.jpg (32 KB, 512x368) Image search: [Google]
1401667566662.jpg
32 KB, 512x368
>Dragon's are weak to lightning
>Nameless King uses lightning while riding around on a dragon/wyvern
???
>>
File: 20160417010942_1.jpg (404 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160417010942_1.jpg
404 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>barfed rocks at him, caught him right in the middle of a charge
>knocked off half his life bar while he's out on his ass
THE BOULDER's gonna win this, IN A LANDSLIDE
why is rockmancy so good
>>
>>334849079
Stay there
>>
>>334844572
It felt really underwhelming the second time. Maybe i just learned his attacks but i fucking destroyed this guy in NG+. They should increase the damage for this boss.
>>
>>334874421
That's why he's the boss of them
>>
File: lrn2dodge.jpg (224 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
lrn2dodge.jpg
224 KB, 1920x1080
Was it a better 1v1 than artorias?
>>
>>334877076
Artorias, more unique moveset
>>
>>334872560
He was intentionally crippled as far as I can tell.
Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.