[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here's why I'm mad. Star Fox as a franchise has so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: star-fox-15508-1920x1080.jpg (317 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
star-fox-15508-1920x1080.jpg
317 KB, 1920x1080
Here's why I'm mad.

Star Fox as a franchise has so much potential. There could be other systems beyond the Lylat System. There could be so many different characters. The Star Fox team could have a billion different kinds of missions or bounties to hunt. The possibilities are infinite, yet when given the opportunity, Nintendo rehashes the same story we've already got.

And where the fuck is Krystal? I know that's such an overused criticism but it's a legitimate problem. It's like the devs want to forget Adventures or Assault ever happened, regardless of what they added to the canon.

And that's just the problem. Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about canon. They don't care about the massive plot opportunities that a set up like Star Fox has.

And I see exactly where this is going. Nintendo plans to do the same thing with Star Fox as they've done with Mario, Paper Mario, Pokemon, and Kirby. They just want to make the same kind of game over and over. That sort of thing works for Mario and Kirby, and even Pokemon to some extent, but Star Fox and Paper Mario have so much potential, potential they'd rather squander instead of creating something great.

Zelda really is all we have left. Let's hope they don't fuck it up.
>>
>And that's just the problem. Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about canon. They don't care about the massive plot opportunities that a set up like Star Fox has.

That's because Star Fox is an arcade shooter that's all about gameplay. The story, characters, and dialog is purposely cheesy and over the top to emulate the lame shows it's based on, and exist only to add a bit of flavor/context to the action without dragging the game down with a complex story or character arcs. Nothing more, nothing less.

Not a single person at Nintendo nor the majority of fans gives a fuck about the story in Star Fox, they just want to play/make a fun action game with cool space action setpieces strung together by a paper thin non-intrusive story.

The only people that care about the narrative of Star Fox are autists and/or furries.
>>
>>334840925
>>334841803

Also

>It's like the devs want to forget Adventures or Assault ever happened, regardless of what they added to the canon.

That is EXACTLY what the devs want to do, as every game after SF64 was pure dogshit. That includes the characters (Especially Krystal) and stories in those games.

With this project they want to bring the series back to what made it good, and made the smart concious decision to reboot the story along with the gameplay.
>>
>>334841803
>furries.

Actually it's like zero suit samus, they don't mind jerking off to it but they've never played the game.
>>
>>334842236
Assault was legitimately decent regardless of what you're autism believes.
>>
>>334840925
>And where the fuck is Krystal? I know that's such an overused criticism but it's a legitimate problem. It's like the devs want to forget Adventures or Assault ever happened, regardless of what they added to the canon.
good no one gives a fuck
>>
>>334840925
First of all
>Forget about Adventures and Assault/Krystal
Of course a company wants to forget the character linked to the worst Star Fox game.

second
>Kirby
>Making the same game over and over

holy shit are you retarded?
>>
>>334840925
>Caring about the story in Star Fox
Get away from my Video Games
>>
>>334840925

Why does no one acknowledge that Star Fox 64 was a remake of the original? This is not a new trend.

Oh wait, it's because you're a 64babby and SF64 is your favoritest game ever and it can do no wrong. Your gloom and doom is based on ignorance and nostalgia.
>>
>>334840925
Starfox is first and foremost an arcade game. you shoot enemies for points. The goal of the game is to rack up as much fucking points as possible while taking the least amount of damage.

That's it.

Everything else about the game is built around this. There's no need for a Xenosaga space opera plot. Holy fuck stop being so autistic.
>>
>>334842379

If by decent you mean mediocre at best, terrible at worst, and overall extremely disappointing, then sure.
>>
>>334840925
Is this guy serious?
>>
>>334842648
No I mean decent as in it was fun and enjoyable the entire way through no in betweens, I'd ask you to cool your autism but the Star Fox fanbase has never been anything but delusional nostalgiafags and furries.
>>
>>334842841
>nostalgia

Yeah and you totally can't have nostalgia for a game that came out 11 years ago. You are a perfectly rational individual and it's impossible for you to have biases. kek
>>
>>334843114
Compared to you I definitely am considering I'm not crying at everything that isn't SF64
>>
>Star Fox as a franchise has so much potential.
The only reason you keep seeing it this way is because they aren't obvious in trying to tap that potential. If they had, as many other franchises have, you'd see the obvious flaws. It's only the potential that makes you think of greatness.
>>
>>334840925

>And where the fuck is Krystal

I hope she is dead and never returns
>>
>>334843472
filtered
>>
>>334840925
>And where the fuck is Krystal?
No one take this faggot seriously
>>
>>334840925
>And where the fuck is Krystal?

Stopped reading there.
>>
>>334840925
Star Fox's canon is a fucking joke.

Zero is the reboot that I've been waiting for because it's literally Star Fox 64 2. I'm not even being snarky about that, it's a combination of the unreleased Star Fox 2 and 64. The gameplay looks good and that's all I really need.

Also, fuck Krystal.
>>
>>334843673
Filtered
>>
You're right about the franchise having untapped potential.

>yet when given the opportunity, Nintendo rehashes the same story we've already got

Wrong here though. There hasn't been a rehash for over 20 damn years. Nintendo has tried to do new things with the franchise but it's always ended poorly. Can't blame them for wanting to work with a new slate of sorts.

Not touching the Krystal bit because it doesn't make any damn sense and it sounds like you're just butthurt about her being a casualty of the slate being wiped clean.

>They just want to make the same kind of game over and over.
Maybe. It would definitely be a Nintendo thing to do. Who knows though, maybe they'll try to deviate again. Will have to see.
>>
>>334841803
>>334842236
preach it brother

>>334842379
Boot up dolphin and play through single player again. There's no way you can revisit the game and not be disgusted with it. It's really that bad.
>>
>>334840925
The older Miyamoto gets, the less he gives a fuck about plots or canon. He thinks not even RPGs need any kind of plot. His vision of "fun" does not include that, he's all about gameplay and simple, raw fun. He doesn't consider narrative a fundamental part of games.

Long story short, we aren't going to get any kind of improvements in that area until Miyamoto retires.
>>
>ITT: assaultfags crying again they haven't gotten their linear groundfox rehash

i'm so glad they retconned krystal out of the damn series, we have Great Fox again and not the shitty replacement from Command.
>>
>>334842415
Robobot uses the same engine that Triple Deluxe did, and it's not too far off from Return to Dreamland.

The carry items + overpowered supers is becoming a trend.
>>
>>334840925
>OP post is full of krystalfag tears
i'm soooo happy Star Fox is back to normal, not dramatrash shit.

and Planet Robobot is just a revised version TD with more awesome shit included. i'm glad they took out Hypernova.
>>
>>334842236
This.
>>
File: sakamoto'scurse.png (320 KB, 873x255) Image search: [Google]
sakamoto'scurse.png
320 KB, 873x255
i wish they fucked off about canonicity for all i care, it ain't so bad.

>people spent 4-6 years crying that Prime might be not canon to nu-Metroid, after fucking Fusion proving there's nothing to dig there.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.