[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's have a Dark Souls lore thread!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69
File: 1460740124934.jpg (49 KB, 585x675) Image search: [Google]
1460740124934.jpg
49 KB, 585x675
Let's have a Dark Souls lore thread!
>>
>>334839713
hot vore of gywndolin getting devoured when?
>>
So is Eldritch the snake/slimey thing under the gwyndolin sleeve or is that completely what adult gwyndolin is supposed to look like and Eldritch is using his form 100%?
>>
I want to fuck Gwyndolin
>>
>>334840559
He just uses his upper part because it's cute as fuck
Aldrich is a slime/blob
>>
File: ButWaitTheresLore.jpg (64 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
ButWaitTheresLore.jpg
64 KB, 400x400
>>
>>334840774
But Gywndolin had some weird stuff going on in his lower body. What if that is Gwyndolin's true form when adult and Eldritch is just some normal fattie who can take change forms?
>>
>>334839713
All firekeepers are into anal

It's in the lore
>>
>>334840559
Why does Gwyndolin have snake parts? I never understood that.
>>
>>334840942
compensate
>>
>furfag son
>trap gayboy son
>slut daughter
>wife nowhere to be found, never mentioned so probably cheated on him
>all his friends are either snakes or a rapist dragon
GET A FUCKING GRIP GWYN
>>
>>334840927
Anyone have a picture or Irina of Carim as Fire Keeper ? I blew that quest line up by giving her the dark Tomes
>>
File: cornstein.jpg (136 KB, 309x483) Image search: [Google]
cornstein.jpg
136 KB, 309x483
So what happened to Ornstein after he went after the Firstborn? Was he killed? Did he join him?
>>
>>334841041
What? Did Gwyn fuck medusa?
>>
File: black infant sees chicken.png (231 KB, 304x366) Image search: [Google]
black infant sees chicken.png
231 KB, 304x366
>>334840559
aldritch has gyndolin's top half sticking out because his worm body is sucking that dick and butthole pudding below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz8KJYpRh28
>>
>>334841045
>all his friends are either snakes or a rapist dragon
What are you talking about? I can't remember much from 1.

Also, he had his knights.
>>
>>334841045
>burn himself to save the world
>the world go to shit anyway
>get parried by some random tiny hollowed faggot using a shield smaller than his penis
Is there a bigger cuck in video game?
>>
File: yurt the silent chef.jpg (55 KB, 500x586) Image search: [Google]
yurt the silent chef.jpg
55 KB, 500x586
>>
>>334841193
>give a piece of his soul to the four kings in good faith
>they turn to the Dark anyway

He's a pretty bad judge of character.
>>
>>334841140
Frampt and seath. Maybe some other snakes liked him. Seath kidnapped a ton of maidens though
>>
>>334841137
My point is that Gwyndolin had some weird shit as a lower body. Eldritch is what? Gwyndolin top with some weird overdeveloped shit as lower body. Who is to say that is not 100% what adult Gwyndolin looked like?

I mean, nobody even knows what is going on with Gwyndolins lower body to begin with.
>>
>>334841193
>dragons in the dark souls dlc will carry parrying shields since they now know it to be the one weakness of humans and giants
>>
>>334841140
His knights are all disembodied souls because he thought it was a good idea to bring them to come along while he burnt himself alive
>>
>>334841045
>>334841193
gwyn's wife probably cucked him with a dragon, starting the war on dragons
gwyn also had to disown another son
>>
>>334841332
What? The thing you fight is Aldrich, a Lord of Cinder. Gwyndolin sticking out is his half-devoured food, nothing more.
>>
>>334841045
So what did his first born do to be exiled? I mean, one of his sons is literally a gay transsexual and he wasn't exiled. What the fuck did the god of war even do?
>>
>>334841645
Gay dragon roleplay with ornstein
>>
>>334841045
I get the impression Gwyn was pretty keen on the whole trap thing.
It says he was 'raised as a girl', not 'naturally acted super girly until his family was forced to just roll with it.'
>>
>>334841645
he sided with the dragons or something

gwyn was raycis against dragons
>>
>>334841463
>starts a war over being cucked
>still needs a dragon to help him
>>
>>334841537
>The thing you fight is Aldrich, a Lord of Cinder
Not shit sherlock. There is, however, no indication to how or why he has Gwyndolin top. Maybe it's half eaten carcass, maybe he can take forms of what he eats, maybe who the fuck knows?
>>
What species is smough?
>>
>>334841820
he probaly thought gwyndolin was a good hat
>>
>>334841332
If Aldrich seamlessly took on the intact forms of the things he eats then he wouldn't have 'bloated out like a drowned pig' after eating a bunch of humans. He would have always looked exactly like the last guy he ate.
He also wouldn't be a slime monster in the intro. He'd be the last thing he ate.

That was just Gwyndolin's half-eaten corpse sticking out of his mouth.
>>
>>334841820
>no indication
Are you retarded? Aldrich eats everything, that's his whole shtick. He attacked Anor Londo and ate Gwyndolin. The black sludge everywhere indicates as much.
>>
>>334841645
would you rather put your dick in another man's ass or a dragon's anus?
>>
Those Lizard beasts that appear on the bridge outside of Irithyll and in that large hole. They related to the Gaping Dragon at all? They have the same mouth stomach.
>>
>>334841645
>So what did his first born do to be exiled?
He betrayed his father's cause and joined the dragons. Probably a closet furry.
>>
>>334841095
My theory is he got his ass whupped by Storm King who stripped him of his weapons and armor so he wouldnt kill more dragons and now he has been made to wander or is wandering around of his own accord.
>>
So is DS2 lore irrelevant at this point? I just finished DS3 and it doesn't seem to have a lot of lore about it. A bit disappointed, there was some good things.
>>
>>334842151
>being this desperate to bullshit yourself into thinking ornstein is still alive
>>
>>334842040
Dragons are human levels of intelligent so I would probably fuck one in the ass with its consent
>>
File: 1458799612963.jpg (141 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1458799612963.jpg
141 KB, 720x960
Why'd the giants invade
How'd humanity lose when they once beat the dragons
Why are some giants with caved in faces and some normal like the blacksmith
Where'd all the giants go after they won, was Yhorm left behind to rule the humans
>>
>>334842006
Are you unable to read? There is no indication if the Gwyndolin looks is just a half eaten carcass or if Eldritch can just take forms of what he eats. You can't eat something on the inside and have the outside look perfectly undamaged like that, so it's possible that it has some magic shit involved.

The act of eating in itself was never up for debate, holy shit.
>>
>>334839898
>hot
>vore
?
>>
>>334842062
experiments of the church most likely. Or of pontiff. Mostly likely women it looked like.
>>
>>334842151
Well whatever happened, both Artorias and Ornstein are now in the category "sent to an important mission where everything goes horribly wrong".
>>
>>334842304
>Why'd the giants invade
Vendrick stole something from their land.
>How'd humanity lose when they once beat the dragons
It was the five original Lords and the individuals their split their souls with that beat the dragons, not humanity. Humanity on their own would've gotten destroyed.
>Why are some giants with caved in faces and some normal like the blacksmith
Blacksmith's wearing a helmet, senpai. He probably has the same face.
>Where'd all the giants go after they won, was Yhorm left behind to rule the humans
Did the giants even win? I thought it was a crippling loss on both sides leading to retreat.
>>
>>334841820
I forgot where, but there was a description that Aldrich was eating Gwyndolin "slowly." He just hasn't finished his meal yet.

Gods must be hard to eat I guess
>>
>>334839713
I'm gay and enjoy sucking dicks. Dark souls2 is good game.
>>
>>334842304
>How'd humanity lose when they once beat the dragons
they never did, giants like gwyn and his fucbois did.
blacksmith is native giant. butthole giant came from another continent.
>>
U WANTU ROAR? TWENTY BUCKS AMERICAN PIGGU DOGGU

EAT UP GRORIOUS NIPPON ASSASSIN'S CREED
>>
>>334842396
Mate, >>334841931

You can eat something and have the outside look perfectly undamaged like that. Aldrich consumes his victims slowly. That means he eats your feet first, then your legs, then your waist, and so on. Everything above the bit he's at would be intact.
>>
>>334842396
Does it matter how Aldrich's biology works? Fucking hell dude.
>>
>>334842250
There's not any indication saying otherwise chode lord. He could also be dead but thats not a very interesting theory or lore is it?
>>
>>334841820
>There is, however, no indication to how or why he has Gwyndolin top.
Aldrich is a god eater, trying to bring about the age of deep sea threads. He is currently digesting Gwyndolin (one of the boss soul descriptions tells Aldrich is / was 'slowly' consuming Gwyndolin).

>>334842396
>You can't eat something on the inside and have the outside look perfectly undamaged like that, so it's possible that it has some magic shit involved.
Gwyndolin is a literal god, so yes magic shit is involved.
>>
>>334842503
Saying that he was eating something slowly is far from being the same as saying that he is still not finished.
>>
>>334842575

>There's not any indication saying otherwise
>besides the fact we fucking killed him
>>
>>334842454
The lore suggests that Ornstein went rogue and left of his own accord, not that he was sent off.
>>
>>334842679
You mean in DS1? That was an illusion, Smough armor description in 3 confirms this.
>>
>>334842712
where?
>>
>>334839713
boypussy
>>
>>334842454
I just follow the old "if you dont see it die (or the lore tells you its dead) then it isnt dead" rule of thumb in fiction. We know artorias was wrecked. Either way he isnt around.
>>
>>334842743

Why would an illusion have his soul? Genuinely curious about this.
>>
>>334842613
>He is currently digesting Gwyndolin
Where does he say he is currently digesting Gwyndolin?
>>
>>334842712
Does this imply that he wanted to join the Firstborn? Or perhaps convince him to come back even if Gwyn disowned him.
>>
File: 1439867194709.jpg (59 KB, 421x500) Image search: [Google]
1439867194709.jpg
59 KB, 421x500
aight heres my guess on how it goes and everyone else is wrong apart from those who have already said this already (i cba to read)

aldrich im guessing slimed his was into anor londo, and fucked everything up while things were already getting fucked by the dark, there he slimed on gwyndolin because he wanted some of that trap ass, now considering there is a literal fucking cult towards aldrich (aldrich faithful) im guessing hes taken this form for quite a while with gwyndolin's body and got a pile of people to follow him using gwyndolins trap body
pretty fuckin wierd if you think about it
>>
>>334842519
>they never did, giants like gwyn and his fucbois did.
Gwyn isn't a giant.
There are two original races in Dark Souls, hollows and giants. Hollows became humans when the Lord Souls were discovered, when the Dark Soul was distributed to all of them. The Hollows with Lord Souls became the same thing but just bigger relative to the size and power of their Lord Soul.
Take Gwyn's lord soul away and he would be a regular-sized hollow.
Take Gough's lord soul fragment away and he'd still be a massive motherfucker.
>>
>>334842817
Why would normal mobs in Anor Londo drop souls when they too are illusions? It's just Gwyndolin's power, that's how it worked.
>>
>>334842461
Not all Giants have the same biology. Yhorm is a giant and yet he has a normal face. There are two types of Giants, one breed with the massive holes in their faces(those of 'The North') and those without, (Those in Lordran).

Gough for example, doesn't have a hole in his head.
>>
Gwyn was left to protect Gwynevere, so that only the most worthy warriors can move onto the NEXT challenge of getting the lord souls and eventaully killing Gwyn himself and linking the fire.

Ornstein couldn't have done it because, uh,

Anyway, you kill Ornstein.

And then he's back in Dark Souls 2 many years later!

AND THEN you find him dead somewhere completely different.

Ornstein, dude, stay dead please.
>>
So a lot of Souls bosses have lost themselves to madness and you're kind of just putting them down.
>Seath, Bed of Chaos, Yhorm, Vendrick, almost every boss in Bloodborne, King Allant, etc.
Others make you feel like killing them wasn't necessarily the right thing to do
>Astrea, Sif, etc.

Are there any bosses that you feel 100% justified that killing them was the right thing to do?
Pontiff Sulyvahn seems like he was a real monster who deserved to die.
>>
>>334842839
Impossible to tell. I personally think that if Ornstein was ever going to join the Firstborn, he'd have done it when he first defected, not thousands of years later. He was probably going there to settle the score and smack some dragon shit up.
>>
>>334842820
Man they say Dark Souls is a tough game and here we have a blind person playing it.
>>
Might be a bit out of place, but is VGMDB down for everyone else?

I got the OST and wanted to sort it properly, but It can't seem to open for me.
>>
>>334842873
no nigga
Aldrich's followers originate from the Cathedral of the Deep. Aldrich literally journeyed to Anor Londo FROM the Cathedral of the Deep and ate Gwyndolin there, that's why we and Anri are surprised to find that he's not at the Cathedral.

Aldrich's following predates Gwyndolin's demise.
>>
>>334843025
Yeah I like that, perhaps it was a final fuck you to the Firstborn for joining the dragons.
>>
>>334843058
So it's not said anywhere that he is currently digesting it. Good to know.
>>
>>334842461
>Did the giants even win?

fairly sure, all the humans in the memory seem to have it in their heads they're done for and they're getting their asses kicked in the memory

and the captain's armor mentions he's the last of his line to defend whatever it was the giants wanted, so i assume they did
>>
>>334842949
>Yhorm is a giant and yet he has a normal face.
What? No he doesn't. Go watch the intro, he has a giant fucking hole in his face like all the others.
>Gough for example, doesn't have a hole in his head.
Gough wears a fucking full helmet motherfucker, how the hell would you know?
>>
>>334842712
He at least met Namelesse King and either lost or gave up his weapons.
Then he lost his armor around the Grand Archives for some reason, perhaps he left it there or it was stripped away from him due to his exile.
Then the pilgrim butterflies animate it for some other reason. Any ideas why? (It was at grand archives and the butterflies animated it?)
>>
>>334842998
those abomination bosses in the valley of defilement

Smough

Nashandra
>>
>>334842880
So because the invading giants arent weak against lightning and they didnt invade at the peak of humans kingdom.
the "giant" Gwyn might not be giants but he ans his army is still really powerful compared to any human armies.
>>
>>334842820
Lifehunt Scythe miracle
>Aldrich dreamt as he slowly devoured the God of the Darkmoon. In this dream, he perceived the form of a young, pale girl in hiding.
Darkmoon Longbow
>Longbow of Darkmoon Gwyndolin, who was gradually devoured by Aldrich.This golden bow is imbued with powerful magic and is most impressive with Moonlight Arrows.

Both descriptions imply that the devouring part wasn't exactly a fast process.
>>
>>334842998
Well, Bloodborne is fucking filled them, Micolash is going to essentially destroy humanity.

In DaS3 the Undead Legion is fairly guilty as well. They completely wiped out cities and towns at even the slightest sign of hollowing and would essentially invade Kingdoms and hold them hostage.
>>
File: 1327497568975.jpg (97 KB, 657x620) Image search: [Google]
1327497568975.jpg
97 KB, 657x620
>>334842971
Ornstein in DS1 is an illusion.
Ornstein is NOT in DS2, that's another Dragonslayer.
Ornstein is NOT in DS3, probably long dead.

So in fact, we never actually met or fought the real Ornstein.
>>
>>334843174
I'm 99% sure there is an item description somewhere in DaS2 that confirms it was a very, VERY hard fought battle where almost everyone died, but the giants did ultimately retreat or die.
It may have been a double KO.
>>
>>334842998
Smough seems like he was always a cunt
Demon of Greed (suprised I remembered him, he just leapt into my mind)
>>
File: 1460288073966.png (333 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1460288073966.png
333 KB, 640x360
>>334841645
The Firstborn is to Gwyn what Seath was to the Dragons.
>>
I saw a lot of people interpreting "the end of fire" ending as the end of the current age of fire and the beginning of a new one. But if I recall correctly the fire keeper say something like "tiny flame will dance across the darkness". I think it mean something like the first flame will never happen again, instead A LOT of tiny flame will appear everywhere. The fire is split equally, there won't be any god, only normal human. That's why the dark age was called the age of men in DS1.
>>
>>334843242
I thought the dragonslayer armour has nothing to do with ornstein

not like orny was the only dragonslayer was he?
>>
>>334843324
Why do people think Ornstein+Smough are illusions in DS1 again? Wouldn't the fact they can smash your ass prove that false?
>>
>>334843231
He does have a face you fucking idiot, watch his Boss cutscene. Also, Ghough's item descriptions LITERALLY tell you he has eyes and a mouth.
>>
>>334843324
>Ornstein is NOT in DS2, that's another Dragonslayer.
Literally no proof whatsoever for this.
Dark Souls 3 lore sets up DaS2 Ornstein to be the real thing. Armor is thrown in there because the players want it and it was a tangentially related location, just like Artorias' armor.
>>
Caring about the plot in Souls games is almost as autistic as caring about the plot in Sonic games.
>>
>>334842929

Because you can shove any nondescript soul into those mobs, there's only one Ornstein.
>>
File: 1320695192653.jpg (306 KB, 1280x725) Image search: [Google]
1320695192653.jpg
306 KB, 1280x725
Is there a bigger disappointment than to have your firstborn son join the very thing you fought against all your life?
>>
>>334843381
He foresaw the problem with fire and the cycle
He didn't want cycles
He wanted the age of dragons without life or death or fire or dark or heat and cold to survive. He was a buddhist or something
>>
>>334843278
>Both descriptions imply that the devouring part wasn't exactly a fast process.
Cool, that doesn't relate to my question though. Truth is, it doesn't say in any item or location that he is currently digesting it, it says he "slowly devoured" which is far from being the same as the other anon implied.
>>
>>334843231
>Hurr durr I'm retarded and don't know what a mail hood is

https://youtu.be/1IolJ6lJJrI?t=31
>>
>>334843389
Misinterpreting, mate. She's saying that the choice is meaningless because the first flame will flicker to life again, just as Aldia said. The cycle does not end no matter what you pick.

>>334843408
The rest of the Dragonslayers were silver knights. Ornstein had specially designed lion-themed armor because he was the Lion of the Four Knights, just like Gough was the Hawk and has a Hawk helmet.
>>
>>334843324
>is an illusion
ebin meme
>the game's are actually taking place in a human-dragon hybrid's coma
>it's actually the collective bondfire's mind we're inside, each bonfire represents a fractured memory of reality
DUDE WHOA LMAO
>>
>>334842998
Pinwheel maybe?
>>
>>334843324
>ornstein in 1 is an illusion
>another dragonslayer with ornstein's armour
Why are you so sure?

How would illusion ornstein smash your face?
>>
>>334843464
Plenty of mobs are illusions and they can also smash your ass.

???
>>
>>334843324
>that's another Dragonslayer.
He drops Ornstein's ring and soul. DaS2 also heavily implied that powerful souls get reborn again. F.ex. if you go to NG+ or use Bonfire Ascetics on the great soul bosses they drop the Lord souls of DaS1.
>>
>>334843473
>He does have a face you fucking idiot, watch his Boss cutscene.
Yhorm doesn't have a boss cutscene.
>Also, Ghough's item descriptions LITERALLY tell you he has eyes and a mouth
This is different. Stylistically, all giants have a hole in their face, but there's nothing to suggest they actually lack a face. It's a universal design trait but it does not literally translate to a lack of eyes and mouth and shit.
>>
>>334843628
What did pinwheel do? He's just a family fucking stitched together
>>
>>334843632
Examples? Proof?
>>
>>334843737
Apparently he/it stole some sort of power from Nito
>>
>>334843651
>get reborn
Pretty sure the souls never died or got destroyed, so they couldn't be reborn.
>>
>>334843713
Yhorm does have a boss cutscene you autist
>>334843570

The second point I can agree with
>>
File: Nameless_King.jpg (395 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Nameless_King.jpg
395 KB, 1920x1080
So apparently the Firstborn was Priscilla's father.

Can we talk about how fucking stupid that is? Seath was clearly the father.
>>
>>334843324
No pretty sure DS2 Old Dragonslayer it's him.
We met him but like half the bosses in this franchise we fought a crippled version at best.
>>
>>334842454
>>334842712
Pretty sure I fucking killed Ornstein
>>
>>334843570
Oh shit. I never saw that because I fucked up the Siegward plotline. I apologize, I'm wrong.
However, I don't think it's coincidental that Yhorm's helmet perfectly mirrors the hole we see in other giant's faces. But I also can't reconcile how they clearly don't have the same appearance.

Uhh... Maybe the facehole giants are the equivalent of hollows to humans? You go giant-hollow, your face gets a hole in it?
>>
>>334843747
All the illusion mobs in Anor Londo that vanish when the illusion is broken.

Andre is an illusion in 3 and he is smashing his hammer and legit upgrading your weapons.

Illusions in dark souls are not holograms senpai.
>>
>>334843821
How?
>>
>>334843295
>They completely wiped out cities and towns at even the slightest sign of hollowing
No, they wiped cities on the slight sign of abyss infection
Kinda different things because hollows have nothing to do with abyss
Hollow=people can't die because fire become weak(death doesn't exist before fire) and go mad with time
Abyss=lovecraftian shithole what force you to grow hands and eyes from your ass
>>
the link the fire ending was boring ass shit
I gave firekeeper slut the eyes and she told me to summon her but I didn't understand that so I just fucked off and linked the fire anyway
the link the fire ending is fucking retarded anyway since I'm killing the guy just to take his spot
what happens in the other endings so I don't have to deal with that shit
>>
>>334843902
>andre is an illusion in 3
>>
>>334843478
Old Dragonslayer Soul:
"The Old Dragonslayer is reminiscent of a certain knight that appears in old legends."

Dragonslayer Spear:
"The spear of the knight known as the Dragonslayer was imbued with the power of lightning, and shattered the stone scales of dragons."

So in fact, nothing mentions Ornstein even once in DS2.

While Smough's armor in DS3 reads:
"Grotesque armor associated with Smough, the last knight to stand in defense of the ruined cathedral."

Which means he wasn't there in Anor Londo and he certainly wasn't in Drangleic.
>>
>>334843821
This is not true.
Random people on /v/ saying this does not make it true so you don't have to be annoyed that it's true.

Because it's not.

Priscilla doesn't have dragon features. She has Seath features.
>>
>>334843902
>Andre is an illusion in 3
He isn't, and even if he was what power is keeping the illusion? If you give the Giant's Coal to Andre he remembers the Giant Blacksmith. He is the same person as Andre in DaS1.
>>
>>334844009
YES HE IS YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH
>>
>>334843902
They could simply decide to leave when the Sun has gone out. O+S and the mobs/knights were charged with guarding the illusion of Gwyndolin. And how is Andre an illusion?
>>
>>334843898
It's more than likely that the Giants in the north are just a completely different breed of giant.
>>
thanks you vaati
>>
>>334844089

>"illusion" is the Doombot of Dark Souls
>>
>>334844113
>They could simply decide to leave when the Sun has gone out.
Jesus are you serious? What, tea time now?
>>
>>334843954
>what happens in the other endings so I don't have to deal with that shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgSXMfLu4Dk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARsDaCKu85k
>>
File: DARK-SOULS-III_20160329201606.jpg (368 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DARK-SOULS-III_20160329201606.jpg
368 KB, 1920x1080
>>334843823
>>334843651
Hold it you dummies. This is how the real Dragonslayer armor looks. We never met or fought the real Ornstein and that's a fact.
>>
>>334843954
The fire fades
The fire fades and you kill the firekeeper for no real reason
YOU STEAL THE FIRE AND BECOME GWYN EVEN THOUGH THE FIRE WAS FADING AND NEEDED TO BE REKINDLED OR SOMETHING
>>
>>334844017
Surely you can see how deluded that comes across as?
The game is trying to be subtle, as with all Dark Souls lore. They want people to have fun being like 'OH SHIT WAS THAT ORNSTEIN?'

Listen, the Dragonslayers were an order of Silver Knights. Ornstein's armor is very, very unique. Each of the Four Knights had an animal motif, wolf, lion, hawk, horney, and they had custom designed armors that reflected their animal.

I guarantee you that nobody else - absolutely nobody - had armor exactly like Ornstein's.
>>
>>334844191

>inb4 the armor we could wear in three games was an illusion too
>>
>>334844089
Why so sure?
>>
is smough human
>>
Why is Laddersmith Gilligan at the Profaned CapItal, and more importantly how? He's the corpse that gives you the Stretch Out gesture, and more than likely why all the ladders are next to the bonfire. How did he get from Drangleic to Lothran in the first place, I thought they were in two geographical locations.
>>
File: tmp_1568-OCELOTTE-854557333.png (380 KB, 746x437) Image search: [Google]
tmp_1568-OCELOTTE-854557333.png
380 KB, 746x437
Ocelotte tell me more!
>>
>>334844182
They failed in their charge, why would they stick around? Maybe they committed ritual suicide. More likely, and with about the same amount of evidence, than them all being illusions.
>>
File: 1368480810286.gif (1 MB, 297x168) Image search: [Google]
1368480810286.gif
1 MB, 297x168
>>334844236

>horney
>>
>>334844191
Gwyndolin wouldn't fuck up on making an illusion of one of the Four Knights. He'd know exactly how those niggas look. The Dragonslayer Armor was probably just deformed over time.
>>
File: reversal_ring.png (23 KB, 193x233) Image search: [Google]
reversal_ring.png
23 KB, 193x233
Can someone explain the reversal ring? Did Gwyn want to make Gwyndolin more manly or just turn him into a girl? I don't get it.
>>
>>334844191
>This is how the real Dragonslayer armor looks.
That's just his armor being kept alive by magic. I'm betting the difference in design is just a stylistic choice rather than some deep lore, just like Dragon Form looking completely different in all three games.
>>
File: ornstein-s-set-large.jpg (110 KB, 600x665) Image search: [Google]
ornstein-s-set-large.jpg
110 KB, 600x665
>>334844236
>absolutely nobody - had armor exactly like Ornstein's

Back the fuck up. There are now THREE different Dragonslayer sets, you are aware of that? One is >>334844191
Second one is >>334842454
And the third one is pic related.

So there are at least three variations, it's not even that unique.
>>
>>334844370
Look me in the eyes and tell me Ciaran wasn't fucking desperate for a dicking.

>>334844315
Straid all but confirms Drangleic was the same place as Lordran, just more recent.
>>
>>334844328
>illusion is broken
>entire ambient changes, inhabitants are no more
>m-maybe they committed suicide
I'm sure they did anon. Or maybe they really did go out for tea right? Totally has nothing to do with the fact that the entire illusion was broken and they were a part of it.
>>
>>334839713
is there somewhere that has a lengthy explanation about the culture ans society inside souls games

cos they have all these grand cities, but i never ehar about how they were built, or how they were used. did they have markets? did people live normal lives?
>>
>>334844429
Gwyndolin born male but raised as a daughter and the ring probably helped for public appearances to appear as his daughter... I think
>>
Every single NPC and Mob in every dark souls game was an illusion.

JUST CUZ THEY HURT YOU DOESN'T MEAN IT'S NOT AN ILLUSION
>>
>>334844506
>There are now THREE different Dragonslayer sets, you are aware of that?
I disagree.
DaS1 set: Illusion, but accurate to the original.
DaS2 set: The real Ornstein, and the real Ornstein armor.
DaS3 set: Same set from DaS2, thus why it's black instead of gold. Deformed because it's now being used as a mobile battlesuit rather than actual wearable armor.
>>
>>334843916
Whoops my bad, still doesn't mean the Undead Legion aren't massive pricks. They're self important genocidal freaks who completely invaded kingdoms and wiped them from the map. Item descriptions in game paint them as incredibly unpopular among the masses and they'd use this fear to control and influence others into giving them shit to continue their crusade like sorceries and pyromancy.
>>
>>334844429
there is a sizable playerbase for these games that wish they were girls
>>
File: ofK36aob.jpg (24 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
ofK36aob.jpg
24 KB, 160x160
>>334843880
Illusion
>>
>>334844541
I don't have any evidence, but neither do you. Stop making assumptions. If they were all illusions, why didn't Gwyndolin make Gwynevere powerful enough to be able to take more than a single fucking arrow shot like all the other "illusions"?
>>
So how is it that I could still summon and talk to Dusk of Oolacile even though she's dead, since she's clearly the corpse I got the antiquated set from.
>>
File: 2380677-204-hank-hill-whatever.jpg (28 KB, 208x210) Image search: [Google]
2380677-204-hank-hill-whatever.jpg
28 KB, 208x210
>both endings are the same shit as DS1
Wow. That is unfufilling. You'd think for the last game, they'd try something new but you'd be wrong.
>>
>>334844736
TOIME IS CONVERLYUTED
>>
>>334844638
The set you buy from Domhnall in DS1 doesn't look like >>334842454 which means there is Dragonslayer armor separate from Ornstein.
>>
File: MaleSunFemaleMoon[1].jpg (90 KB, 444x391) Image search: [Google]
MaleSunFemaleMoon[1].jpg
90 KB, 444x391
>>334844429
Gwyndolin was raised as a girl on purpose, I don't remember exactly why but it had something to do with being born under moonlight which is feminine unlike sun which symbolizes masculinity. The ring was probably made for the sole purpose of making him a more passable tranny.
>>
>>334844736
Dusk isn't the corpse, she's the shining white tree covered in magic, her fucking crown and other oolacile shit.
>>
>>334844837
Cycles :3
>>
>>334844716
I don't think Gwynevere dies in one hit because her illusion doesn't have much HP.
I think Gwynevere dies in one hit because you attack her and Gwyndolin is like what the FUCK DID YOU JUST DO HOMIE?
And then he tells you that he's gonna kill you.
It's not that the illusion dies, it's that Gwyndolin dispells all of the illusions because you've shown you either don't believe them, or that you don't respect the gods. Either way, you need to die now.
>>
>>334844076
Then what was the Dark Firelink Shrine supposed to imply?
>>
File: gargle.gif (241 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
gargle.gif
241 KB, 480x270
>>334839713
>Make it to irithyll dungeon for the first time
>go down steps and pick up lone item
>here a bone chikling scream

>hall ass back to the bonfire

Shit scared me for a second
>>
>>334844625
There are illusions all throughout all three games and yet you're getting triggered that Ornstein might be an illusion? Check that autism son.
>>
File: jpg.jpg (64 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
64 KB, 600x800
>>334844716
It's pretty fucking simple. The entire illusion was broken, and then the inhabitants vanished along with it. If you think it's merely a coincidence and they just "decided to leave" then good for you.
>>
>>334844323
That's my favorite boss in terms of atmosphere out of all the Souls games.
>>
>>334844872
Player-wearable armors are always an exception. These armors literally aren't small enough for your character to canonically wear. Gough is a fucking giant, but you can get his armor too. It's not 'real', in lore-terms.

Or if that's too much for you, just think of it as replica armor.
>>
>>334844323
Who the fuck is Ocelotte anyway?
>>
>>334844872
Armor of the dragonslayer Ornstein, who
guards the cathedral in the forsaken city of
Anor Londo.

-DS1 armour
>>
File: thatost.jpg (324 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
thatost.jpg
324 KB, 1920x1080
Why is this game so much more homoerotic than all the others? This scene made me legit uncomfortable.
>>
>>334844203
>>334844184
well that was a load of shit
thanks though atleast I can move on now
>>
File: 5.jpg (141 KB, 1017x570) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
141 KB, 1017x570
I noticed these tree hollow guys have branches that are always aimed towards the sun and they are always in a pose reaching for the sun.

Odd for being of the dark
>>
>>334844837
>both endings are the same shit as DS1
There's three endings senpai. Four, if you count the optional more evil variation of the ending the Fire.
>>
>>334845125

His son born of dragons or something, he's gone mad, cause he's not holding anything, second form he says fuck it and drops his invisible baby and just goes CUHRAYZEE like all the other bosses.
>>
>>334845132
Domhnall is a shifty bastard who scavenges corpses for armor, I wouldn't trust anything coming from his shop.
>>
>>334845197
>uncomfortable
it's just a younger brother giving his onii-chan some helpful encouragement.
>>
>>334845125
Liquid
>>
>>334845221
Hollows aren't of the dark. HUMANS are of the dark.
If anything, hollows fucking love fire. They stumbled straight towards the first fire.
The Dark (humanity) is what removes hollowing.
>>
>>334845303
>he doesn't have an imaginary baby with dragons
Step the FUCK UP senpai.
>>
>>334845197
It's just your inner gay tbqh
>>
>>334845197
Well what else are you going to do shut up in a throne room with your brother and nothing but crazy undead outside for all those years?

Eventually rock paper scissors will get boring, and one or the other will suggest a blowjob "just as a joke".
>>
>>334845037
>he you know that superpowered boss illusion we just made
>yeah
>do you think we should make the more important illusion way easier to dispel
>yeah that sounds like a good idea
>>
>>334845303
>second form he says fuck it and drops his invisible baby and just goes CUHRAYZEE like all the other bosses.
He is the CONSUMED king. I think the King, or his mind is inside Ocelotte (the actual boss) and him calling out to Ocelotte is telling the Ocelotte "personality" to come out.
>>
>>334845463

>>334844971
>>
>>334845125
An escape mechanism. Besides being crazy and trying to turn himself into a dragon, he's also absolutely ashamed of both of his sons, Lothric in particular who was supposed to be a great Holy King but wussed out.

Some more lore shit here, but Oceiros was more than likely in open war with his son Lothric, he locked himself up in the garden, created a ring to protect himself from Assassins and then as things began to escalate a civil war might have broken out in the Kingdom. It appears as though the Red Knights in Lothric are loyal the Kingdom and the King whilst the Blue Knights are loyal to Lothric himself.
>>
>>334845463
>then good for you
If ever in doubt, read it again.
>>
>dark hand is buy only
>even though its used by the darkwraiths you can farm
This is bullshit
>>
Dark Souls 2 never happened
>>
>>334845548
Huh. Now that you mention it, this does seem to be the case. Gotta read more items and souls related to these two.
>>
>>334845373
>"I guess humanity truly has...the Dark Soul 2 Scholar of the First Sin Edition"

Seriously From?
>>
So what is DSIII so fucking gay?

And why did Onion bro have a giant fuck buddy?

How the hell did that work?
>>
File: ring of the sun's firstborn.png (19 KB, 295x319) Image search: [Google]
ring of the sun's firstborn.png
19 KB, 295x319
>>334841645
He lost the annals of history, pretty big fuckup.
>>
Is it ever actually explained how dark spirits and phantoms function lorewise? Why are you able to "invade" another hollow's "world"? Why are there thousands upon thousands of simultaneous worlds existing? How do NPC's die and stay dead, not respawning at bonfires? What are the bonfires and why are they even there?
>>
>>334845674
There's the ladder guy, he had a nice cameo, sort of sums up my DS2 experience.
>>
>>334845668
>fucked up the pilgrims quest line and now cannot buy dark hand for my edgy invader set
Life sucks.
>>
>>334843520
>one son is a traitor
>the other one is a crossdresser who prays to a flying rock

JUST
>>
>>334845303
>>334845303
He's CONSUMED in his madness, he wanted to become a dragon because he thought it would save him from the world dying. He's Lothric's fucking dad and knows better than anyone else that Lothric isn't going to fucking step up and "save" the world like he's supposed to. Ocelotte is his escape mechanism, it's his son that will do what he says, who is great and powerful and will do the right thing- he's not shitty homosexual Lothric who is hiding inside the grand archives.
>>
>>334845709
Lost some library books and had to pay the fine of losing his Anor Londo god license. Pretty steep punishment.
>>
>>334845197
You're a closet faggot, I'm not even joking, nothing in that scene was sexual, it just twin brothers cursed in their own way
>>
>>334845769
>s it ever actually explained how dark spirits and phantoms function lorewise? Why are you able to "invade" another hollow's "world"? Why are there thousands upon thousands of simultaneous worlds existing?
The flow of time itself is convoluted, with heroes centuries old phasing in and out.
The very fabric wavers, and relations shift and obscure.
>>
>>334845769
>How do NPC's die and stay dead, not respawning at bonfires?
That technically does happen with the Firekeeper, the Handmaid, Ludleth and Andre.
>>
>>334845769
space and time is murky in lordran
>>
>>334845674
>dark souls 2 never happened
>gilligan's body in the profaned capital
are you autistic?
>>
>>334841645
the first born is now the leader of the darkblade or whatever the fuck its called
>>
>>334845929
You noticed his body but not Nash portrait?)
>>
>>334845694
Read the item descriptions next time you donkey
>>
>>334845946
are you
retarded

Everytime we have a lore thread we reach new levels of getting shit wrong.
>>
>>334845676
Yeh, if you pay attention inside Lothric castle you find red knights huddled over not only red knight bodies but blue knight bodies. These guys don't like killing each other, they're countrymen for sure. The only people who seem to REALLY be into this war are Lothric's(the son) winged knights. They're brutally fucking up the Red Knights and have to be physically pinned down to keep them from trying to murder the reds.
>>
>>334846015
I did, how do you gay sex a giant?
>>
>>334844203
Why is the fire fading considered the "true" ending for DS3 when it's made out to be evil in DS1?
>>
>>334845769
space and time is fucked up in Lordran, only than at the end, is when time finally corrects itself
>>
>>334845319
what other item descriptions straight up lie?
>>
>>334846012
>>334845929
Speaking of which, where do I find the Faraam set? I hear they unJUSTed it in 3.
>>
>>334844649
I actually think you were meant to feel bad for killing them. The abyss is fucking horrible and could destroy the world if left alone, and artorias who they obviously revere was hailed as a hero for fighting off the abyss. I get the impression that the abyss watchers selflessly fought a war without end, and the whole wolf blood joining ceremony had finality to it, like you became brothers by blood once you joined and your life was now dedicated to fighting the abyss, which isn't exactly an evil cause. Obviously some of they became corrupted due to exposure, or they started to get suspicious and paranoid about each other (the descriptions of them toppling whole kingdoms would certainly support them being paranoid about the abyss) and it all ended in a fateful night where they began slaughtering their own brothers and friends. Since they are undead, they will have rose repeatedly, just to have to kill their old friends over and over or be killed, until they went fully hollow and died or just insane. I get the impression that the one you fight initially still has some sort of wits about him, and is trying to stop the abyss infected watchers from leaving, which is quite a selfless act, he even does the abyss watcher equivalent of a bow before you fight. The sad music to me seems to invoke the feeling that this is kind of a mercy killing like artorias was
>>
>>334845946
How do you play these games and still end being this retarded on the story. For real.
>>
>kill gwyndolin before ornstein and smough
>all illusion mobs are gone
>ornstein and smough remain

WHAT NOW FUCKERS?
>>
>>334846105
Quite a few.
Tons of item descriptions lie about Artorias.
Also bear in mind that these aren't intentional lies, but retcons. Dark Souls 3 renders that description invalid, essentially.
>>
>>334846204
>>kill gwyndolin before ornstein and smough
How?
>>
>>334846204

Magic Illusions
>>
File: YUmEs0D.jpg (159 KB, 700x609) Image search: [Google]
YUmEs0D.jpg
159 KB, 700x609
>>334845892

Oh, you're serious are you? Let me just quote the second phase for you

>Oh dear brother, "I'm... cumming".
>Rise if you "wood"

fuck off now, thanks
>>
>>334846204
Can you even kill him before O&S?
>>
>>334846156
because the """"story"""" itself is garbage tier fan fiction
>>
>>334846271
Skill
>>
>>334846204
I guess they really are just making shit up as they go.
I always knew deep down.
>>
>>334846093
"True endings" aren't necessarily good endings.
>>
>>334846313
>It isn't me who's a retard, it's the story's fault

ok pal
>>
>>334846078
I believe that the blue knights actually worked for Aldrich
>>
>>334846105
Remember a certain beautiful mushroom? Or how about Artorias taking the credit for your deeds? There are lies in the descriptions, just gotta pay attention.
>>
>>334846271
>>334846304
Darkmoon seance ring
>>
>>334846093
>when it's made out to be evil in DS1?
It isn't.
>>
>>334846303
Calm down there homo
>>
>>334846313
It's more of bits and pieces of a real story and is meant for people to piece together. I enjoy reading some of these fanfic but until there is an official word of what is what then I consider all of what's being discusses as fanfiction
>>
>>334844649
>They're self important genocidal freaks who completely invaded kingdoms and wiped them from the map
It's a good thing because nothig good comes from abyss and "age of men" ideas
They fucking decided to link fire all together because that would be unfair to just send one of them
Sounds like they were pretty okay guys
> Item descriptions in game paint them as incredibly unpopular among the masses
>and they'd use this fear to control and influence others
?
never saw any
>>
>>334839713
>tfw Gwyn sacrificed himself for literally no reason and everything he ever knew crumbled even with the flame being continually linked
Gwyn had a hard life.
>>
>>334846313
Why are you in a lore discussion thread if all you're going to do is act like a moron and defensively shitpost about it?
>>
>>334846364
Well I guess with the cycle broken shit can actually progress without being reset every few thousand years.
>>
>>334843129
>>334842873
Jesus christ you idiots.

pontiff sulyvahn imprisoned gwyndolin and fed him to aldrich.
>>
File: Darks-souls-nito-cutscene.jpg (156 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Darks-souls-nito-cutscene.jpg
156 KB, 1280x720
>>334846360
They're kinda hoping that we bridge everything together with our autism, so that they don't have to.
>>
>>334846304
>>334846271
Darkmoon Seance ring in the catacombs
>>
>not one mention of Aldia

That was the best part about Dark Souls 2.

What happened to the crown fragments?
What happened to the Bearer of the Curse?
>>
>>334845884
Naw, if he lost the copies of the annals, and there were no copies, that'd be a pretty disastrous fuckup. Imagine if someone just deleted all the encyclopedias in the world and nobody could rewrite them.
>>
>>334846496
Gwyn facilitated possibly thousands of years of future prosperity.
The first twenty or so years of Vendrick's life were probably awesome.
>>
>>334841645
Didn't the firstborn lay the sunlight blade miracle or something on Gwyn's coffin when he got exiled?
Meaning Gwyn was already a burning old cunt at that point and may have had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>334846598
Well it's partially Gwyn's fault too for not having some plebs use the photo-copier. But I suppose since he's the boss he gets to pick who's to blame.
>>
>>334846590

Non canon :^)

But seriously. I hope we get some light shed on them in one of the dlcs.
>>
>>334839713
I've seen porn of Dark Souls with more lore and story than the game would actually have.
>>
>>334846569
Everyone knows that. How does that conflict with what's being said?

>>334846590
>What happened to the crown fragments?
Possibly on that Wolnic guy's head.
>What happened to the Bearer of the Curse?
Possibly cured hollowing with Aldia.
>>
>>334846434
The Blue Knights are defending key points up to Lothric and Lorien's bed chamber the the Winged Executioners become Ion-cannon wielding miracle golden knights at the highest point of Lothric. Cathedral Knights are guarding Ocerios as well, the toughest Cathedral Knight is just outside his boss room protecting it.
>>
>>334846496
>tfw Gwyn sacrificed himself for literally no reason
it was more than 1000 years after Gwyn linked fire and first CU came around
Even if it was just a 800 years, it was a good deal
>>334846553
>shit can actually progress
Yeah good goy, unleash abyss on the world!
Shit will progress for sure!
Even Alrich decided to link fire, edgyfag
>>
>>334845913
>>334845926
>>334846102
so basically there's no logic to it?
>>
>>334846587
>>334846462
Three explanations then.

1.) Illusions too stronk, they can last longer, since you gotta have that Gwynevere illusion for the Chosen Undead to get hot and bothered.

2.) Not canon. Aldrich kills/eats Gwyndolin, not you, therefore the illusions were intact.

3.) Gameplay =/= Lore
>>
>>334846762
>Possibly cured hollowing with Aldia.

You can hollow in Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>334846706
>When the eldest son was stripped of his deific status, he left this on his father's coffin, perhaps as a final farewell.
Shit.
This actually changes a few things.
Nameless King was exiled AFTER Gwyn linked the flame? So not by Gwyn himself? The fuck.
>>
>>334843620
It is explained that Gwyndolin created an illusion of a fake and still prosper Anal Londo retard. Meaning that any resemblance of hystoric figures is fake
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.