[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this playable with keyboard and mouse or forget it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault558.jpg (263 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault558.jpg
263 KB, 1280x720
Is this playable with keyboard and mouse or forget it?
>>
>>334838918
It is, but it's certainly not more viable.
>>
Playable, yes. You need one or two fixes but that's it.
Enjoyable? Fuck no, it's a pain in the ass.
>>
>>334838918
everything is playable with k/m
>>
>>334838918
If you're not a faggot you own a Dualshock 3 or an Xbox 360 controller.

Both of these things are either directly compatible with all PC games, or have stable community driven drivers.
>>
It's playable.

It's far from ideal. but it is possible.

A few jerks of the mouse did help me with Old Demon King though.
>>
>>334839616
>>334839535
I disagree
keyboard and mouse in souls games were great
I played all of Das 1 and 2 with keyboard and mouse, cant stand gamepads with that series now
>>
>>334839776
do you use the default settings?
>>
Yes. Controlling the camera with the mouse feels great, and the default bindings were perfect for me.

>>334839535
What fixes?
I had to use AHK to re-bind the attack buttons to avoid input lag in DaS2, but I didn't have to do anything for DaS3.

Are you thinking of that or DaS1?
>>
>>334839904
Yeah, thinking of DSMfix for DaS1.
>>
>>334838918
it's easier to look around because of mouselook, good for certain fights.

to get accurate swing movement you just need to mouselook in that direction.
>>
File: DS mouse layout.jpg (223 KB, 1506x1176) Image search: [Google]
DS mouse layout.jpg
223 KB, 1506x1176
>>334838918

yes, been playing 1,2 with kbm as well, works fine. BB reminded me how annoying it is having to pick between camera control and actions (unless you use that god awful claw grip)
>>
>>334838918

the most playable of them all, on the same level of DMC:devil may cry, perfect mouse camera control, you can play the whole game without ever having to lock on
>>
>>334838918
No it isn't.

Don't listen to these idiots.

KB+M cannot do analog movement which is an essential part of Souls games.

DaS is playable with a KB+M the same way that Street Fighter is playable with a KB+M. It's a very sub optimal experience.

The game is already hard. There's no need to gimp yourself any further.
>>
No holy shit it's so bad.

I died to the first boss 10 fucking times because of the shit controls and I still die because of wrong button presses.

Do not play without a controller.
>>
>>334840272

>essential part of Souls games.

holy shit people will reply seriously to this idiot
>>
>>334840272
>KB+M cannot do analog movement which is an essential part of Souls games.

It is???
I put over 300 hours in DaS1 on a gamepad, then switched to M+KB for DaS2 and didn't feel like I was missing out on anything.
Are you not aware there's a keyboard key for slow walking?
>>
>>334840369
LOL
I beat him and the next couple bosses first try on M+KB =)
>>
File: Look ma no gamepad.jpg (454 KB, 1896x1920) Image search: [Google]
Look ma no gamepad.jpg
454 KB, 1896x1920
>>334838918
As someone who played DS1, 2 and just finished 3 hours ago, the answer is yes.
Even better, I used no mouse. Only because I can't afford mouse batteries and a controller
>>
>>334842091
Shit nigga, you crazy. Default bindings or not?
>>
>>334843017
A bit of custom settings. Though mostly I just used the same settings as the Dark Souls 1 since it got default settings for keyboard only.
>>
>>334843189
Cool, gonna try it later then. Also, haven't you tried one of those shitty office USB mice? They're dirt cheap.
>>
>>334843562
I hardly got any money, just hoping someone threw usable mouse to the trash so I can use it.
>>
>>334838918
keyboard and mouse would be superior if it actually had native support instead of some hasty port
>>
>>334842091
are you a girl
>>
You can literally play Dark Souls 1-3 without mouse.

Keyboard only. It works perfectly fine and only has minor issues when aiming bows and such and even then you can just use the mouse for extra precision.
>>
>>334838918
It would be much more playable if From can actually code k/b+m worth a shit. mouse sensitivity is too high, movement keys get lock up randomly which can make you fall off cliffs, sometimes it automatically locks on, even tho i turned that setting off, which can fuck up your rolls, or escape.
>>
>>334840272
You can do everything and more with k/b+m than with a gamepad, only thing gamepad does better is allow you to swap weapons during parry, and access menu to quit faster. This isn't a fighting game like SFV where you rely on lots of button combinations. The reason k/b+m suck is because fromsoft are shit at supporting it.
>>
>>334838918
I'm playing with mouse&keyboard even though I do have a controller. Just feels better.

There are some annoying aspects though, like when youre selecting and left clicking stuff in menu your character sometimes attacks etc.
>>
>>334840272
Ever heard of mouselook and the walk key?
>>
>>334843843

there's good mice for like 4 dollars, if you were too poor to even afford that you shouldn't even be able to post here, so you are a lying faggot that wants easy donations

kill yourself
>>
>>334848346
Where do you donate though? I haven't give any paypal account yet.
>>
>>334838918
KBM is preferable. Any game that benefits from quick, precise camera control is better on KBM.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.