[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>more invincibility frames than you know what to do with >everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8
File: maxresdefault-10-1459358053255.jpg (351 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-10-1459358053255.jpg
351 KB, 1920x1080
>more invincibility frames than you know what to do with
>everything gets staggered like a drunk no problem
>"its the best and hardest one!"

o i m laffin
>>
What's the point in trolling and shitposting?
>>
PCuks have more petition frames tho lol
>>
>>334830412
I actually thought it was the easiest one, maybe the fact that it's a more aggressive game clicks with me better
>>
they compensate by giving the bosses giant health pools
>>
>>334830412
The bosses are harder than in the souls games.

And the old hunters is the hardest content in any souls game by far.
>>
>>334830412
I think dark souls 3's roll is easier because its animation lasts so much longer. a lot of the boss attacks in bloodborne hit in a huge radius and the dodge being quicker actually makes it easier to mistime
>>
>>334830896
Old Hunters, yes. The base game bosses are really easy though.
>>
>>334830624
statistics showed 93% of the petition signers are false flagging sony niggers
>>
>>334831475
I beat old hunters ng+

Should I have trouble with Dark SOuls 3?
>>
>>334830514
when it stops working so well ill stop doing it
>>
It's all about playstyle. Just like the other From games some people have a super hard time with things other people cut through like butter.

I personally find Bloodborne to be the hardest.
>>
>>334830412
>>334830896
Why do people think Souls games are hard? Even MONSTER HUNTER games are harder, not to mention more satisfying and have better armor sets/weapons.
>>
>>334832282
Go with a fast build. Enemies are Bloodborne fast but you still move slow.
>>
>>334830412
But it is the best in the series. Dark Souls 3 proved that.
>>
>>334833506
>God Hand on hard is drastically harder than any Souls game
>A handful of the Ys games on their hardest difficulty is drastically harder than any souls

Really, non of the Souls games are that horrifically hard. I could probably solo all the Souls games without much issue, I know I could not beat God Hand on hard, even with cheesing strats. People need to stop bragging about which game is the hardest, it's getting a little sad.

>>334832282
Probably not, but I'm not far into the game. It seems on par with DaS1 difficulty wise. Enemies are more reacting and some have special attacks for when you get behind them but your dodge is really capable and strong.
>>
>>334833736
Proved the opposite for me. Bloodborne had good ideas held back by its aesthetic and now we can enjoy a bloodborne game with actual gear variety.

honestly though the games are pretty equal, everyone should be happy lol
>>
Dark Souls had the best balance of rewardingly difficult gameplay and the fewest bullshit mechanics. The reason Bed of Chaos is mentioned so much is because it's the one bad encounter in an otherwise insanely well-designed game.
>>
>>334834392
>all bosses are damage spongey in BB because they're balanced for parry spam
>you're forced into being a dodgy fast character, no real magic or tanky builds
>no one wants to talk about the genuine issues with BB because of the console war nonsense

Kind of a shame, but whatever. /v/ has never been good at discusing high profile games. It needs to be something obscure enough to not get a ton of shitposting.

Even Deus Ex had a bunch of morons shitting on it when it went on a steam sale. Basically, never listen to /v/.
>>
>>334833506
mon hun isnt hard, its just repetitive
>>
>>334834573
There's a few very bland areas in DaS1, the bulk of the bosses and normal enemies are completely fine.

Minus like the wondering demon and a few other minor things. Every game in the series has noteworthy issues, we just can't talk about it.
>>
File: 99 insight.jpg (152 KB, 631x457) Image search: [Google]
99 insight.jpg
152 KB, 631x457
>>334834670
>no real magic builds
t. someone who never played an arcane build
>>
>>334834849
>There's a few very bland areas in DaS1, the bulk of the bosses and normal enemies are completely fine.
The entire second half of the game falls under that.
And blighttown. Fuck blighttown.
>>
>>334833506
Because they are harder than most other games. Not being the hardest doesn't mean something isn't hard.
>>
>>334833506
Literal artificial difficulty games
>>
>>334834997
just replayed ds1 and was re-blown away by how huge blighttown is, just everything really and seeing things far away

such a cool ass game
>>
File: 1454620588075.png (418 KB, 448x468) Image search: [Google]
1454620588075.png
418 KB, 448x468
>>334834367
>I could probably solo all the Souls games without much issue
Are you implying that you haven't already?
What are you, a secondary?
>>
>>334834890
There's a LOT more variety in DaS2's magic system. Hell, there's just a lot more build variety in DaS2 in general. BB is just factually more limited in viable play styles compared to any other Souls game. People try to say this is a good thing too.

>>334834829
It's the same gameplay of Souls with more going on. it is repetitive and kinda boring though
>>
>>334834367
If you have the resort to God Hand, you're basically losing the argument. Except for maybe Ninja Gaiden Black, I can't think of a single 3D game harder than God Hand.
>>
>>334834997
Blighttown really isn't that bad. Only the toxic blow dart guys and the infinitely spawning mosquitoes.
>>
>>334832762
at least you're honest
>>
>>334834670
There's no tanking, sure, but I love hunter tools. Fun as fuck to use.
>>
>>334835684
Ys on the hardest difficulty probably matches God Hand. Either way, a ton of PS2 games reach and go beyond Souls level difficulty, people need to stop bragging about beating the hardest souls boss.

That and simply being the hardest isn't really a great idea.
>>
>>334835591
It's not better, it's just different. It's not bad either. The game is clearly designed for 3-5 playstyles and really tightly designed around it.
>>
>>334835591
Das2's magic system was a choice of what color of the same slow spell you were using, don't delude yourself into thinking the gimmick spells were viable
If you think the playstyle variety in general is that less limited you've clearly never played bb to begin with
>>
>>334832006
>statistics
everyone laugh at this man
>>
>>334835908
God hand is hard because it controls like shit DaS is so much harder than BB cuz it controls like shit
>>
>>334835908
Then again, you have to resort to PS2 titles. In today's vidya landscape, difficulty like DS's is rare. Also, unlike God Hand or YS on their hardest difficulty settings, DS is pretty fair. God Hand on hard is basically inhuman, and it also removes the difficulty gauge which was an amazing gameplay idea.
>>
>>334836031
>game has no tanky armors, limited magic, and one sheild
>"B-BUT IT'S NOT LIMITED IN PLAYSTYLES AT ALL"

Dude, just fucking stop. Everything in BB is built around being able to dodge quickly, and the game has a heavy focus on the parry system, along with the healing from dealing damage system.

It's built from the ground up to be more limited than other Souls games.
>>
>>334836452
Have you never seen the DLC shield that's way better at blocking all non-physical damage? Have you never tanked through a crowd of npc Hunters with a Lead Elixir? Have you never tried stacking rally bonuses so that you CAN tank like a boss?
>>
File: 1390872986858.jpg (46 KB, 416x419) Image search: [Google]
1390872986858.jpg
46 KB, 416x419
>>334836452
>and one sheild
Confirmed for not having played the game
>>
>>334836617
>have you done these things they added but didnt need to because nothing is better than just parry or spam?

i bet you upgraded armor in ds2
>>
>>334836349
God Hand and Ys are completely fair, they're just genuinely fucking hard. Shinobi on the PS2 is also harder than any Souls game, but I didn't list it because most of the games difficulty comes from bad design. Souls games are difficult but not worth bragging about beating. Also if you haven't owned a PS2 then you probably don't belong here, why are we limiting the scope of challenging games to this and the last gen?

>>334836337
>God Hand controls bad

Someone couldn't git gud. DaS1 also controlled fine, but you type like a moron so it's hard to even tell what you're trying to say.
>>
File: 1451426512581.png (291 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
1451426512581.png
291 KB, 600x512
>>334836791
>have you done these things they added but didnt need to because nothing is better than just parry or spam?
And nothing's better than grabbing pyromancy in DS1 and nothing's better than grabbing the Broad Sword or Dark Sword and making it refined in 3 right?

Have you even played the game nigga?
>>
>>334836617
Everything you listed is in normal Souls games, but with more variety. Thanks for proving my point~

Also BB fans are terrible. Any criticism against their game and they flip out and defend it as hard as they can.
>>
>le hard equals good meme
Bloodborne isn't hard, but the bosses, atmosphere, and gameplay is amazing. I bet you think Dark Souls 2 is the best. If you want a challenge, play the DLC.
>>
>>334837012
>it's in both games
>but it's better because it's in Dark Souls and I didn't want to buy a PS4
Also Souls fans are terrible. Any criticism against their game and they flip out and defend it as hard as they can.
>>
>>334837012
You're flipping out and assaulting it as hard as you can, with passive aggressive arguments which clearly show you haven't played the game due to lack of mechanical knowledge

I can't see how people making you personally furious equals being objectively terrible
>>
>>334837064
>Bloodborne isn't hard
well some of it is
>>
File: 1435672467944.jpg (32 KB, 300x378) Image search: [Google]
1435672467944.jpg
32 KB, 300x378
>>334837108
I never said it was better, I just said there was more diversity in DaS1 and 2. Stop trying to strawman here, you're trying to argue that BB has all the diversity of other Souls games when you can't properly argue that it does.
>>
>>334837441
Man Orphan was such a good fight, second favorite after Ludwig
>>
>>334830412
It's the best lore and gameplay wise but certainly not the hardest.
>>
>>334837490
Technically you were strawmanning it first by implying that it's a bad game because it has less variety, and by misrepresenting the playstyles by only representing das2's side of things

To add to that, das2's variety was plentiful but extremely dull. What made bloodborne great was the quality over quantity in playstyles and weapons
>>
>>334837108
>>334837347
I like how out of all the points I listed you're only trying to prove one wrong and you're failing to do that. I also never said the game was bad either, unsure why you're assuming I think that.
>>
Pro-Tip, bloodborne before the Old Hunters was actually really mediocre.

The launch weapons were all dismal and rather samey in terms of aesthetics, and a lot were kind of redundant.

The launch game content went to absolute garbage after vicar amelia, ebrietas and logarius and gehrman being the exceptions, all the areas were disappointment after disappointment after cathedral ward and most bosses were as well.

The launch game had chalice dungeons, which were awful in just about every sense.

The launch game had broken pvp, shitty boring covenants, and far too much focus on the nightmare areas which were not very interesting areas anyway.

The game has a horrendous healing system which requires that you either buy vials or farm them, both of which are fundamentally not very fun in design sense. I don't even understand why this is defended at all, they could have easily justified regens at lamps through lore reasons by making them blood vendors instead or some shit.

To regenerate an area in bloodborne you have to go through two loading screens, unless you want to buy a ton of hunters marks, to get to another area through lamps you have to go through two loading screens, it's just shitty design.

At Launch:

DS3>DS1>DeS>BB>DaS2

DLC:

Old Hunters>=AotA>DaS3>DaS>DaS2DLC>DeS>BB>DaS2
>>
>>334837839
I never implied the game was bad, I just said it had faults. You latched on to one of these faults and really failed to prove that it wasn't an issue. The other games just did diversity of play better, this is a measurable fact.

>What made bloodborne great was the quality over quantity in playstyles and weapons

What does this even mean? What is a not quality playstyle?
>>
>>334837980
Half of what you listed were your opinions. What are you doing posting you opinions on 4chan dude?
>>
>>334838278
You implied it. I said you implied it, in a thread that's clearly implying it, not outright said it, learn to read my boy.
>What does this even mean?
It means having 100 weapons with dull movesets when you're going to stick with one or two is a worse use of game development than a smaller set of extremely dynamic weapons
>>
File: vzaVDEg.png (202 KB, 325x412) Image search: [Google]
vzaVDEg.png
202 KB, 325x412
>>334834367
>I could probably solo all the Souls games without much issue
>>
>>334837980
The only bosses from the main game I can remember being real disappointments were the one reborn, moon presence, and the ayy team

Chalice dungeons were fine and had some of the best bosses in them, it's a shame autists never gave them a chance

The pvp part is right and pretty much still is, which disappointed my since it seemed fun from the hunter fights. But covenants in souls games general aren't any more thrilling. Having a crips and bloods system was pretty fun compared to literally nothing covenants like princess's guard
>>
>>334838470
I never implied it, stop trying to put words in my mouth. I guess morons don't realize the difference between criticizing something and calling something bad. Plus, I'm not the OP, if that's what you're implying.

The weapons in BB are more dynamic but they're not that special. They largely function the same compared to other Souls games, just now they transform and have a varied moveset because of this.

but whatever, I guess having half the amount of weapons but giving those weapons double the moves balances out.
>>
>>334838901
Well in a thread clearly heavily criticizing it and implying it's bad, and all the passive aggressive comments along with your heavy and desperate criticism it's a bit easy to think you're implying it's bad.

>They largely function the same compared to other Souls games
You clearly have no mechanical knowledge of how weapon combinations work, especially in pvp. The different movesets in BB weapons are huge compared to souls games.
>>
>>334834890
>sword can be on fire
>auger is way fucking slower than shooting to parry
>call beyond does shit damage compared to canon for the amount of bullets it uses, also slow as shit to use
>executioners glove sucks
>all other magics do not really care about arcane

Wow...
>>
>>334834670
>no magic or tank builds
You didn't play the game.

And really, I don't care if you have 100 swords when everyone uses 1. Every weapon in BB had it's own unique playstyle.
>>
>>334833506
>Monhun
>hard or satisfying
Wew lad
>>
>>334839190
Souls PVP sucks. Go play a legit 3D fighting game if you actually want something that has mechanical depth and balance. Taking Souls PVP seriously is like taking Borderlands PVP seriously, it shouldn't be done.

Also I'm sorry you're so upset about BB. A flawed game isn't a bad game. I fucking love Megaman Legends but I'd be the first to admit it's a heavily flawed game.
>>
>>334838827

Chalice dungeons are the worst fucking part of the game. You can't get through all of the fixed ones without grinding for resourced a couple of times. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>334839214
Auger is mostly for efficient damage now, getting an actual parry off is rare. It only consumes one bullet so it's a fun and useful tool that adds more >playstyle variety
>call beyond does shit damage compared to canon for the amount of bullets it uses
>executioners glove sucks
Nigga you never played a 50-70 arcane build
>>
>>334839214
You're a fucking idiot. I've one-shotted hosts with ACB. Ex gloves can literally cheese the game for you, ie deciled amygdala. You're also forgetting blacksky, which acts like every thrown magic "spear." And you're last statement is an opinion.
Who fucking uses the cannon lmao
>>
>>334839568
That was definitely a flaw but it's extremely easy to farm said materials with glyphs or just spam resetting
>>
>>334839459
Monster Hunter is like a mechanically more complex, better version of Souls. The main issue with MH is that the entire game revolves around grinding bosses. It's a damn shame.
>>
>>334839568
>without grinding for resources
You can buy them all in NG+.

Never farmed for anything but blood. If you actually explore the dungeons, they give you the mats. Oh man, I had to kill that sackmen like three extra times.
>>
>>334839214
>all other magics do not really care about arcane
Tiny tontirus, blacksky eye, and accursed brew are all arcane-dependent
>>
>>334839749
I bought MH4U for my 3DS not long ago and I really want to get into it but I can't figure out how to work the damn bird dudes to sneak up and get their eggs so I dropped it for awhile and went back to Bloodborne.

I really like grindy type games so maybe I'm faggy by nature.
>>
>>334839749
>Monster Hunter is like a mechanically more complex, better version of Souls
Maybe you have autism
It's all pointless grinding with shitty looking armor sets being your only reward. Not to mention the monotonous gameplay and the lackluster (as far as I've seen) maps
>>
>>334830837
This. Jesus Christ, these things take forever to kill.
>>
Oh look, it's buyer's justification the game.
>>
>shield gets removed
>dodging becomes easier to compensate
The only way you could think that makes the game easier overall is if you got gud at dodging in the first place. You could make the same argument that Dark Souls is piss easy if you max stamina and sit behind a tower shield. But one of these still requires player input and thus more skill.
>>
>Still shitposting a year after release.

Sad.
>>
>>334830837
Bosses with really high health pools usually have an exploitable weakness like breaking their limbs to make them take extra damage
>>
I'm slower, I can hardly see, I don't have the time or patience I did even 5 years ago. I find this incredibly hard. I got frustrated trying to run through the normal enemies to fog gates, dying to them more than the bosses. I don't know if I'll ever finish it. Maybe with a big grind session one day.
>>
>Dark Souls.
>Poise.
>The most broken mechanic in history.
>Spacing? No need, just run up and smash r1 and as long as you can absorb the stun off your opponent's first attack you'll be okay.
>Timing? No need, just run up and smash r1 and as long as you can absorb the stun off your opponent's first attack you'll be okay.
>Small weapons are absolutely garbage thanks to poise; daggers, short swords, small axes, claw/knuckles, 1-handed blunts are all fucking trashman tier.
>Other small weapons (katana, falchion, estoc) just enchant and mash r1 with strong pokes in an effort to mash-in damage without thinking about what they're doing due to poise policing their usage.
>Properly timed an spaced attacks shat on by poise and rewarded with a BS, making the game strictly about BS defense.

There's more too...

>Ultra weapons are useless for most moves, and suicide in 1-handed grip.
>DWGR (kek).
>God awful movesets, worst in the series.
>Stuttering like a retard when you miss with a weapon.
>Oki BS chaining.
>Weapons in a class having different speeds, making some only a couple choices viable per class.
>Stun increases with upgrade level meaning you can't gauge it's effectiveness until it's fully upgraded.

It's shit m8. Dark Souls is the worst in the series in terms of gameplay by a huge margin and this is fully aware of the flaws in the other games.
>>
>>334842003
You obviously haven't played dark souls if you think poise is that ridiculous.
>>
>>334843356
Poise backstabs exist
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.