[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So we can finally all agree now that the soulbourne series is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: Dark_Souls_3_14492661064676.jpg (67 KB, 600x327) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_3_14492661064676.jpg
67 KB, 600x327
So we can finally all agree now that the soulbourne series is just yet another series that got too popular and is triple A trash now?
>>
After dark souls 1 it was aparant that from soft was going to play the "it's hard" marketing card which in turn brought in the masses which in turn effected how the games were made.
>>
>>334826304
Kinda...
The feeling of mystery and fantasy was there but all the """""nostalgia""""" bait from only a couple of years ago felt really irksome.
Like it was detaining them from making an original story.
>>
>>334826438
Yeah, it makes it hard to talk about the game.
I preferred it when they didn't know and I could tell them about it, rather than now when they just keep shouting it's hard.
>>
ds3 has no poise that's when the series truly died.
>>
>>334827156
But there is still a ring that increases poise.
>>
ds3 is a mess because(and this is the fault of a lot of games.) it's trying to fanservice from older games. And when you keep mixing more and more shit together it starts to taste more bland than just the 1 or two elements you had.

>>334827156
Not sure about that. I just started the game but so far the combat feels like bloodbourne. I would say though that nothing like to stagger in this game and it's pretty annoying.
>>
>>334827463
well at least with das2 is was obviously trying to appeal to one audience(the people who suck at the games.) but das3 is trying like you said to mix up too many things and it may sound good on paper. But it doesn't work once implimented.
>>
>enemies can attack you even when you're attacking them but you can't even when you're in the middle of a wind up.
>>
>>334826438
Blamco is responsible for the marketing though.
From has nothing to do with the marketing like "Prepare to die" or that awful plastic estus toy.

Pretty sure the devs are secretly embarrassed.
>>
>>334826304
But souls games are pretty good with ds2 being the only garbage one
>>
Soulsborne gets better over time desu

DaS 3 > BB > DaS > DaS 2> DeS
>>
>>334826304
Everything nowadays , from videogames, movies and music to jokes and memes are being ruined by the internet , but mainly by the internets front page. Can you guess what that is?
>>
File: Sci-Fi souls.jpg (145 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Sci-Fi souls.jpg
145 KB, 1024x576
>>334830510
BB > DaS > DeS > DaS2 > Das3

Fixed for ya
>>
>>334828619
That Estus toy was for the Prima strategy guide. Partly Namco's fault for partnering with them but mostly just Prima being shit.
>>
>>334828373
stack poise
>>
>>334828373
Git gud
>>
>>334826438
Scamco was the ones who pushed all that "Hardest Game Ever!!! xDDD" shit. DaS1 turned out to be a hit so they went all in AAA marketing budget for the next games includings tons of tie ins for unrelated shit, bribing ECelebs and all that other shit.
>>
>>334826845
So we've reached the point where ending the story is nostalgia bait. Jesus.
>>
I wish the Day One Edition Sleeve, was just that.

But, instead it's a Sleeve that states it's a Day One Edition leading to a game cover, that also say sit's a Day One Edition.

Just give us the sleeve, unmarked about the Day 1 shit, and a regular copy behind it.

I really don't want it to spout Day 1 to everyone, I just want an extra fancy sleeve.
>>
>>334831113
Does yours say Day One in english and in French? Mine does and its pissing me off
>>
>>334830950
He's talking about all the reused armor sets/reincarnated characters.

Honestly, I enjoyed having some characters/armor sets back, but after a while, it was too much.

It feels like Dark Souls 3 references DS1 more than DS2 did, and that takes away from the here and the now
>>
>>334831243
I don't recall, I remember the back of the case dialogue repeated in french after every paragraph, though. So, I wouldn't be surprised if it did the same for "Le Day Un Edition"
>>
File: hipster_0.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hipster_0.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
>>334826304
>It's trash because it got popular
>>
File: 1439010107260.png (847 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1439010107260.png
847 KB, 1280x720
>series becomes known as "sooo hard xD"
>even normies know it
>in turn good level design and strategic enemy placement goes out the window in favor of something that's objectively hard but not at all fun to play
>I still played 27 hours anyway
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.