[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it become so difficult to see things in newer games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: testcase3_mantle1.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
testcase3_mantle1.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Why is it become so difficult to see things in newer games?
>>
>>334807749
hiding design flaws behind "immersion"
>>
Probably because being suppressed by bullets is supposed to fuck your vision up
>>
>>334807749
More details/effects/particles , lenseflare, ebin motionblur.
>>
Gotta hide the low resolution textures and low poly models somehow.
>>
>>334807749
because its not 2001 any more and games have to look better than the original counter-strike

this can be leveraged with cartoony graphics somewhat
>>
>>334807876
Also, the real question is why is BF4 such a piece of shit and a chore to complete?
Why does modern BF games have a single player campaign in the first place.
>>
>>334807749
the first things I turn off in the graphic settings (if it allows this ofc) is the bloom, motion blur and lens flare effects

Since when does the human eye have the same characteristics as a camera?
>>
>>334808021
I want to know why they pick such a complicated campaign that requires a lot of work when they could literally do the exact same thing Battlefront 2 did and people would love it.

ie. The multiplayer maps, with intro briefings and epilogues, with bots. Gives a chance for people to practice with weapons/classes/vehicles so they can be better in multiplayer.
>>
>>334808215
So they have something to show off with their engine and to create hype.
>>
>>334807749
>take pic after explosion

wow why cant i see?

if you feel for this bait please remove yourself from this board you don't care about video games at all
>>
>>334808084
>Since when does the human eye have the same characteristics as a camera?
Uh, since eyes exist. Cameras have been invented using the human eye as a model. You know, sensor in a dark room with a lens?
>>
>>334808314
I feel like you could accomplish the same thing with Battlefront 2s method.
>>
>>334807749
Why would you want to be able to tell what's going on? What is this, soem kind of game? Just ölet the pretty lights lull you in already.
>>
File: console vs pc.jpg (89 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
console vs pc.jpg
89 KB, 1366x768
>>334807749
Because we are in a "graphics" phase, where games compete on their visual effects instead of anything else.

If we are in luck, the large amount of successful indies and memepixel games will move us away from that, and the new trends will have to do with either quantity of enemies at once, or story quality, or choice, or open world, etc.

Anything but graphics at this point.
>>
>>334807749
Outside of the blurry picture, I know exactly what OP means. I'm not sure if it's just because I've gotten older, but I found a lot of newer games kinda hard on my eyes with just how much SHIT there is. Sure it looks pretty, but I find it really hard to coordinate what the fuck is actually happening.
>>
play in 4k, you see a lot more detail in stuff.
>>
>>334808504
That makes sense

Still, lens flare breaks immersion to me. It reminds me that It's just a game. It really shouldn't do that.
>>
>>334807749
a)shitty low console resolutioins making driving games, for example, hell
b)more processing power available means more shit on screen, which sometimes makes it hard to see what's going on
c)combination of a and b
>>
>>334808775
I know that feel
>>
Because they're attempting a cinematic experience instead of realism, but still sticking to high fidelity. The high color saturation, excessive visual distortion and blur, and retarded lighting effects clash with the realistic aesthetic they're supposed to be going for. Reality is much more stark and less flashy. Developers and artists 9Artistis as in 3D modellers, they don't actually apply artistic principles to those kinds of games, all they do is reproduce portrayals of reality) don't give a shit about what the player has to see, they're making interactive movies. If you want a game where the developers care about your eyes and how much visual noise is going on, look at TF2 before updates fucked it up. Effects are distinct but not excessive, soft color that contrast well with each other, clean map designs with easily distinguishable landmarks and no clutter.
>>
>>334808651
Nah, less forced setpieces.
>>
>>334807749
Not even the worst screenshot from BF4. I have the best.
>>
>>334811079
>got a visual
I've got everything but a visual.
>>
overdesign and lose of focus due to a larger dev team.

also >>334807885
>>
chromatic assturbation bloom fxaa lensflare bokeh depth of fuck motion blur head bobbing is why
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.