[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so is overwatch going to kill team fortress 2 ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (170 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
170 KB, 1920x1080
so is overwatch going to kill team fortress 2 ?
>>
>>334807085
TF2 is already dead.
>>
>>334807085

team fortress 2 died when crates got added anon.
>>
TF2 killed itself. OW is essentially moving in on an empty market
>>
Inb4 numberfags
>>
OW IS A COPY OF TF2 AND FEMINISM IS THE BEST
>>
>>334807085
TF2 has died several times and always come back. Overwatch wouldn't change a thing even if it was stellar, and apparently it isn't.
>>
>>334807085
Yes, all the casuals will play Overwatch
>>
>>334807085
One is free and the other isn't. Both publishers have fanbases that would kill for them.

They'll both survive.
>>
>>334807159
>>334807148
>>334807115
When these boys say tf2 is dead, they mean competitively as all the tf2 superstars like lange, star_, stabby, etc have stopped playing. pubs are very much alive. that doesnt really mean competitive is dead though. there are many competitive leagues still going strong: my favorite being UGC HL.

It is my opinion that Overwatch will never overshadow tf2 either casually or competitively.

competitively, the hitreg and skillceiling are miles behind tf2. it simply has no competitive future unless SERIOUS changes are made to the game's netcode and some advanced techniques are discovered.

Casually,

the game is 40$ Minimum to play, so you can expect a smaller playerbase a la titanfall or MNC.

Expect console versions to lose support within a year and the pc version to slowly die from 6 months to 1 year and 6 months. it's a blizzard game. what do you expect?
>>
>>334807829
this but I'm sure Blizzard will try to keep it alive like Heroes of the Storm.
It seems they specialize in flashy knockoffs of better games now
>>
TF2 pub will always be alive....
Competitive is only for those who enjoy challenges or playing with people of equal skill, then they go back to pub just to shit on everyone

Overwatch looks fun but its made by blizzard, it will simply live on or die instantly
>>
>>334807829
It died when the focus shifted from PvP gameplay to cosmetics and PvE.
>>
>>334807085
Overwatch has no dedicated servers, cant be the next tf2
>>
>>334808859
It's very much alive, did you read the post?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.