[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok so I'd rather have some opinions from here instead of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: MorrowindCOVER.jpg (62 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
MorrowindCOVER.jpg
62 KB, 375x500
Ok so I'd rather have some opinions from here instead of a bunch of "top 10 lists" for morrowind mods so here we go. What's some good mods for morrowind I should use? I'm looking for overall gameplay and tweaks not so much quests and graphics but if there's any really good ones feel free to share it
>>
Oh and none of that anime shit
>>
>>334804327
You might just wanna straight up check out Morrowind Overhaul:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d69wYi3_LWo

It adds/changes a bunch of shit, better graphics, newer resolutions etc. You can find the list of changes online if you're interested
>>
>>334804463
Thanks I'll definitely look into it, I just know that overhaul mods have a tendency to conflict with stuff if I try to add more later but if it does I'll just get rid of it
>>
Just get MGE if you don't want fog and play vanilla with expansions. Stay away from HD overhauls like >>334804463
>>
Friendly reminder that Bethesda will tell Avellone and Kirkbride to fuck off, and just make ES and Fallout in the same universe
>>
Tesgeneral.com

Look for Morrowind under Other Tes Games
>>
>>334804327
You may already bebaware, but if not, don't forget the essential bugfix mod, Morrowind Code Patch. It has a lot of options for gameplay and graphics tweaks but you don't need to enable any of that. The bugfixes you can enable with it will reduce crashes, prevent save corruption, and fix many mechanical bugs.

"Delayed db attack" and "solstheim rumor fix" are good ideas too if you're playing with expansions or GOTY edition. It keeps them from interfering with the vanilla game until it makes sense.

Morrowind Overhaul includes a version of MCP and a few other bugfix mods. Not sure if it contains those other two, but there's no harm in adding them on top of it.
>>
>>334804327
This fixes the "NPC drift" bug also known as the reason silt strider operators fall off their platform or even disappear after many hours of gameplay.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ohho4g5335itc6/IdleAnimationsFix.zip
>>
>>334806927
just open console and type ra
>>
File: 2238585.jpg (155 KB, 1024x862) Image search: [Google]
2238585.jpg
155 KB, 1024x862
>>334804327
Rhizoma. It's a quest mod with many small quests. Very comfy and lore friendly.
>>
>>334807827
Yeah, you can fix it in most cases that way but the mod prevents it from happening entirely. If the NPC drifts through the floor or wall and lraves the cell, not even RA will bring them back. You'd have to look up their ID and spawn them. You may not even know they were missing in the first place.
>>
Usually oldfags tell everyone that for their first playthrough you shouldn't have graphics mods, but I found out from experience that it actually is really stupid to increase clutter and detail for your first time. Morrowind doesn't hold your hand, so increasing the junk on the screen will only make it harder to find the things you're looking for.

So if you've played Morrowind for years, you aren't missing anything with graphics enhancing mods because you already know where everything is. But if you're starting for the first time, you should avoid adding more clutter. For your own good.
>>
File: 1433318044636.gif (269 KB, 234x249) Image search: [Google]
1433318044636.gif
269 KB, 234x249
>>334804327
Morrowind Overhaul
Morrowind Acoustic Overhaul
Madd Leveler
MGE XE
Uvirith's Legacy + Rise of House Telvanni + Building Up Uvirith's Legacy
Starfire's NPC
LGNPC
Boats + Gondoliers
* Redone (* is the name of each race - these are by far the best face replacers available)
>>
>>334809969
This is bullshit. I played my first time last year with a ton of mods and it was great.
>>
Does OpenMW have any advantages over normal Morrowind in its current state? Does OpenMW work with most mods?
>>
File: 1362813278251.gif (910 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1362813278251.gif
910 KB, 500x333
>>334813280
It has advantages, but it's still incomplete. Some people don't mind the rough edges, I've avoided using it until it's complete. It does work with most mods, as far as I know.

>tfw OpenMW 1.0 and TamrielRebuilt are released in 10 years
>>
>>334813280
its the same as vanilla morrowind minus the graphics mods. All of the other mods I tried seem to work perfectly and the vanilla game seems to work 100% perfectly, you can't tell its a different engine anymore
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.