[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/. Wanna see a retarded Dark Souls analysis? https://w
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: dick souls.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dick souls.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Hey /v/. Wanna see a retarded Dark Souls analysis?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LueVmefY_Kg
>>
>>334803467
Seen that already. The best part was reading the mad comments about how retarded that was.
>>
>>334803874
What do you expect when the video is just "Dark souls is about penises, vaginas and birth. Also, you want to fuck your mom"
>>
>Wisecrack Edition

Nah. I bet it's just gonna be one whole misunderstanding of nihilism.

They always misunderstand the "God is dead", they always do.
>>
>>334804362
what does god is dead mean?
>>
>>334803467
Usually I like your theories, but you're completely off this time. Dark Souls is based on a mixture of Eastern and Western philosophy. Dark Souls asks us an age old question: What is the point of living? We struggle to achieve a goal which is thrust upon us. We forget why we came to this land, but in the end, we care not. We push on to achieve a goal all others want: Power? No, happiness. For our character, we gain happiness through meaning. Through the feeling of fulfillment. The Throne of Want indeed grants those who sit on it what they wish, for what better place is there to feel fulfilled, than to stand in the most important place to exist? The very place that birthed us all, The First Flame. When we finally achieve our goal, we begin to wonder if it truly was worth the effort to get to this end. Now that you are the most important person in the existence of now, are you truly happy? Are you truly fulfilled? Have you found meaning? Dark Souls then quickly reminds us that being important matters not in the passing of time. We are sacrificed to the flame to keep the age of fire alive for that much longer. No one knows our toils. No one knows our struggle. Yet in the end, we die content with our position. As time passes away, so do our deeds. We are then asked the question, "Was it worth it in the end?" Indeed Dark Souls answers this question. But first, let me explain the Curse momentarily. Those who live in the Dark Souls world believe the Curse is evil in nature, and that they must stop its spread entirely. Yet, in the end, they always fail. The Curse continues to overtake all who live. The Curse, you see, is as certain as death, but so it is as well to life. The Curse can't be stopped, and eventually it will overtake you. It is up to you how long you choose to postpone it's coming. In Dark Souls, characters begin to hollow when they have no goal. When they lose the will to achieve something, they lose the will to live. So they die and hollow.
>>
>>334805340
Indeed, Life is just another side to the coin of the Curse. You could even say life itself, IS the Curse. When the first flame did not exist, all things were hollow and without a soul. We felt no pain, no suffering, no anger, no struggle. This was our original state. That is what we were meant to be. It all changed when the first flame lit. Suddenly, emotion filled us all and we could feel for the first time. This was when the curse was truly born. We gained love, joy, compassion, happiness, and an insatiable lust for achievement. But we also felt hate through love, envy through joy, selfishness through compassion, and suffering through happiness. The first flame gave us understanding and emotion, at the price of tranquility. Indeed the curse was life. Even with this in mind, Dark Souls is not a depressing story about the meaninglessness of life and the certainty of death. No, in fact, it is an uplifting story about the greatness of life. It teaches us that even in the certainty of death, we must cherish the life that has been given to us. Even in the presence of pain and suffering, we must continue onward in the pursuit of our goals. It wants to let us know that we have the power to give our lives meaning! We can take life by the balls, and let it know we won't let death hold us back! We want success in achieving our goals, and in achieving our goals, do we truly gain happiness! Even in the face of death. Even though life is fleeting and filled with pain, we can gain fulfillment and happiness by achieving our goals. Live life to its fullest, my friends, and cherish every moment. Then you will truly be happy.
>>
>>334804683
It means the formulation or basis of our moral code is now long gone, and we have to become Ubermensch and create our own values. Along those words.

But people always misunderstand it as "LOL ATHIESM FOR LYFE!"
>>
>>334805340
>>334805416

yo shut up
>>
>>334803467
I've already seen your dumb video faggot.

While you make a few solid points about character creation and birth symbolism, I think you grotesquely exaggerate the Freudian symbolism which is really just a generalized association with traditional monomythical structures.
For example you reference Quelaag as an example of vagina dentata or monstrously transformed wombs, but Quelaag is admittedly ripped straight from another fantasy setting.
Miyazaki also didn't really direct Souls 2, which also has some of the weakest narrative and lore elements in the franchise.
>>
>we rushed to get this out to get some rad youtube dosh

Anything other than their thugnotes series is pretty much just a vapid waste of time.
>>
>>334803467
>watch the Analysis from Super Bunny Hop
>its good
>>
>>334805462
ah okay
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.