[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You will never have a more satisfying boss fight in any Souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
You will never have a more satisfying boss fight in any Souls game no matter how many Artorias clones there are in DS3.
>>
Until hack and slash shit gets replaced with actual combat. But we're years, decades away from that.
>>
>>334795323
>i'm an artoriasfaggot
Welcome to /v/, chuuni fuck. Your boss is a loser trash and defeated him 1st try like Manus did.
>>
>>334795323
Way more satisfying and dangerous bosses in DS3

Going back to DS1, Artorias is almost laughably slow and predicatable
>>
Lorian and Lothric is better
>>
>>334796194
please. floaty combat takes no skill or timing
>>
>>334796572
He said ds3 not 2
>>
Ornstein and Smough were better than Artorias the telegrapher.

O & S is the GOAT souls fight.
>>
File: aava_the_kings_pet.jpg (73 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
aava_the_kings_pet.jpg
73 KB, 640x360
>le sword man #801
>most satisfying

I find pretty much any boss that isn't a humanoid more satisfying/memorable than humanoid bosses..apart from Old Monk, King Allant, O&S, and Abyss Watchers.
>>
Is there a way to see under stats how much damage you do with a weapon you can't one-hand, but can two-hand?
>>
>>334796775
I beat them my 20th try after beating Sanctuary Guardian on the 100th. Artorias I beat on the 60th.
>>
>>334796775
and beat them alone with no armor or shield
>>
>>334795323
Maria and Kos are better ln every way anon!
>>
>>334796795
abyss watchers good fight lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbiD7_L0c2E
>>
>>334797565
>Kos The Scrotum Kid
nice try

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywzUSTwSkaA
>>
>>334796775
>telegrapher
Artorias is actually more unpredictable than all the other bosses in ds1
Nice try.
>>
>>334798120
>Implying all other Souls bosses can't be perfected
>Implying this fight isn't way more hectic than any boss fight in DkS1
>>
>>334798849
its not. the boss has many useless animations for show you can totally watch from a distance until he decides to actually stop showing off and kill you.
>>
File: 1451972735322.png (2 MB, 1414x2000) Image search: [Google]
1451972735322.png
2 MB, 1414x2000
>>334795323
There already was one.
>>
>>334799149

You say that as if you have made a point
>>
>>334798638
I think he doesn't mean that, he means that you can predict his attacks by watching his animations, which means he is god tier and actually a fair fight

he doesn't have bullshit attacks or combos that seems to end but really don't like in DS3

>you will never save Artorias
>>
>>334795323
Champion Gundyr
Ludwig
Nameless King/King of the Storm
Maria (Arguably, if not tied)
Ivory King (In terms of overall satisfaction, not challenge)
>>
THE CHAMP is the funnest boss of any souls game, and he has the best moveset.
>>
File: 1458127403750.gif (896 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
1458127403750.gif
896 KB, 700x600
Shit sword.
Shit armor.
Shit boss.
>>
>>334795323
I like abyss watchers more.
>>
>>334795323
Ludwig is basically him but better in every way tho.
>>
Champion Gundyr was a better bossfight than Artorias.
>>
Artorias was a piss easy boss, though
The dragon was the only decent challenge in the DLC
I'll admit that his theme music and the feel of the fight were spot on, though.
>>
>>334795323
abyss watchers are superior in every regard
hell even maria is better
>>
>>334796572
It's not floaty, it's just much faster
>>
>>334801428
Get the fuck off my board you misogynist fuck.
>>
>>334798638
Artorias has like three attacks anon, and one large choreographed HIT ME NOW move
The only thing unpredictable about him is how many times he'll repeat the fucking overhead slam before you get to actually hit him.
>>
>>334801683
champion gundyr was easy as fuck
>>
>>334802165
so was artorias

at least gundyr was fun and had a satisfying moveset
>>
>>334801624
Ludwig isn't anything like Artorias. He's not as aggressive, is more easily avoided because you can literally walk under him and during the sword phase basically stands still.

>>334801721
Abyss Watchers basically were Artorias with Maria style flaming attacks. If Artorias had ads and a second phase of health he'd be much harder.
>>
>>334802234
he's literally just iudex with a gimmicky kick
>>
>>334802496
abyss watchers have that one ridiculously open flip attack, get out of it way slower than artorias did
>>
>>334802549
>with a gimmicky kick and no second phase
>>
>>334802626
he does have a second phase but all it does is give him a combo into a kick that most people will never see just due to how easily avoidable it is
>>
>>334802549
>he's just a boss with a good moveset and also more moves

it's okay to be retarded anon, just get help
>>
I prefer Sir Alonne as a boss when compared with Artorias.
However, Artorias has a lot more story around him which makes the fight more meaningful.
>>
Champ Gundyr was the only boss I enjoyed losing too

Like look at that niggas ground combos, what a fucking legend.
>>
>we will never get to fight artorias at full strength, with both arms and his greatshield

Why, FromSoft?
>>
>>334801813

>three attacks

I haven't done that fight in like 3 years and I can remember at least 6 different attacks.

>overhead
>flip smash
>thrust
>spin dash
>at least two different multi-hit combos
>slime toss

I'm probably forgetting a couple.

He also mimicked a human opponent by switching back and forth between patient and hyper-aggressive, rolling, punishing estus, etc. far more successively than any other boss up to that point.

Also he was set up to be the quintessential tragic hero of the story at that point and a huge badass, and to have a legit 1v1 duel vs a corrupted husk of him and have the fight still be so frenetic, difficult, yet fair was really satisfying.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.