[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's kinda funny how today the first Halo resembles 'old'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: halo1.jpg (456 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
halo1.jpg
456 KB, 1920x1080
It's kinda funny how today the first Halo resembles 'old' video games more than it does current ones.
>>
>>334793357
am I missing something here or is this obvious?
>>
>>334793595
people hated on halo when it first came out or something

it is obvious cause it is fucking 15 years old, idk wtf op is trying to do
>>
File: bl.jpg (44 KB, 287x287) Image search: [Google]
bl.jpg
44 KB, 287x287
>>334793357
>being this retarted
>>
>>334794268
>>334793595
>>334794983
>>334793357
I think he's talking about how most modern FPSes copied the original Halo
>>
w-what
>>
Don't worry OP I know what you meant

You mean it now feels more similar to the games that came before it, rather than feeling like all the games that came after who "copied" it
>>
>>334795592
Yes, thank you. In 2001 Halo stood out in contrast to arena shooters and CS but in retrospect it's not that distinguishable from how games were back then. Compared to the shit released today it's downright archaic and much more 'video game-y'.
>>
When will we get another good fps series that has both god tier campaign and halo? There was Half life then Halo fuck we need something else
>>
>>334796535
and multiplayer*
>>
>>334796043
it stood out because it was on xbox only
>>
File: 1429533563032.png (757 KB, 703x704) Image search: [Google]
1429533563032.png
757 KB, 703x704
Someone set up a server, I wanna play
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 204x239) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 204x239
This is what Modern Shooters should have become.

> Fast(ish) movement all the time, no sprinting so you can strafe around and dodge stuff.
Modern games you move slow as fuck and sprinting removes all offensive abilities while in use. Becomes "fight or move" when "fight while moving" is much more fun and requires more skill.
> Lots of unique and interesting weapons that hold all at once. Can approach each combat scenario however you like.
Modern games (even Halo) only let you hold 2, so the game can force you into a certain playstyle for an area. Lots of modern shooters also have dozens of guns but all Rifles function nearly identically and niche uses are rare.
> Everything is useable hipfiring. Fast movement, shooting where you want.
ADS nearly killed the genre, almost every game has guns become horribly inaccurate from the hip so you need to Zoom in which reduces your mobility to near 0. Zoom/ADS is fine and helps in long range, but making hipfire reticule a bloom to half the screen is just dumb.
> Semi regenerating health. Playing bad is punished but you'll never end up in a situation impossible to get out of.
Regenerating health is so easily exploitable. Shoot, hide and recover HP, shoot again. You can sit behind cover and win through sheer brute force.
>>
>>334796043
I never thought about it like that, but I get what you mean.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.