[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Helldivers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Helldivers_art.jpg (44 KB, 315x315) Image search: [Google]
Helldivers_art.jpg
44 KB, 315x315
Been wanting to play a good co-op game in quite some time. Heard of this game in passing here and there. How is it?

Is it good?
Or is it
>>good?
>>
Its pretty neat to play with a buddy on the same console. Its simple and challenging but everyone can join in and have some fun.
>>
Friendly fire is always on and the amount of area you can see on the screen is your enemy because sometimes you will not be able to see the giant mobs heading towards you or the giant armored enemies rush you.
It's good with people who know what they're doing.
Frustrating as fuck with shitty randoms.

PC has no local, so good luck having a good time on it.
>>
>>334783513
Its kinda fun and hardcore at higher difficulties, I just hate how so many of the cool weapons are locked behind high levels and DLC.
>>
>>334783851
It's just a cheap way to make the game a $60 title by locking away the rest of the weapons out in paywalls.
For $20 and the 3 expansion packs it had, it's a steal. But all the DLC pushes it to a $60 dollarydoo title
>>
>>334783730
>pc has no local
i just played all night with my friends
>>
>>334783730
pc has local
>>
>>334783513
It's fucking fabulous
Gets super repetitive though, still a good 20 hours of fun or more
>>
>>334783513
Okay after you unlock everything, way too slow, with input-locking animations, stuns, knockdowns and a fucking hold-to-ADS tho.
I want my twinsticks to be crimsonland fast and responsive.
>>
>>334783513
Fun but frustrating if you're the sort of person who complains about 'artificial difficulty' in games don't bother. Its old school top down school gameplay.
>>
Tried playing it just now solo. Ridiculously hard even on the easier difficulties.. they just keep swarming you and you have finite ammo to boot.
>>
>>334786654
>Playing a solo

This is a game where you really need someone to watch your six.
>>
>>334786654
It's rough but people (not me though) solo Helldiver difficulty, so it really is a case of git gud. Also probably some gear needs to be unlocked before you can really manage it.
>>
>>334788975
>get gud

I don't know why this sentiment has practically become self-parody in the last few years.

It was just accepted back in the day that even the 'easy games' would hand you your ass until you put the time and effort to truly understand it and progress.

Failing was just a part of learning. Dying repeatedly until you 'got good' was just a matter of course.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.