[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the strategy for getting people who don't buy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: NintendoNX.jpg (25 KB, 1200x674) Image search: [Google]
NintendoNX.jpg
25 KB, 1200x674
What's the strategy for getting people who don't buy Nintendo consoles to buy this Nintendo console?

Or is Wii U good enough?
>>
>>334776361
Advertise it well, provide good games and have good hardware.
>>
They need solid marketing and at least one major dudebro game (CoD, Fifa, or Souls would work)
>>
>>334776361
Shitty western third party multiplats with DLC season passes, huge updates, and aggressive marketing out the ass.
>>
Nintendo doesn't need that people.
They already have their own market.
>>
>>334776841
>have good hardware
Would consumers buy an expensive Nintendo console? Would Nintendo even want to put out a console that consumes a lot of power?
>>
>>334776889
Back in the day there were 2 games that were on every family computer, papyrus indycar and sc2000. N just needs family friendly games that Dads would also play and that will help tons.
>>
>>334777093
But they have thoss, and they sell well on their own but they aren't system sellers.
>>
>>334776361
the strategy is being another carbon copy port machine poor man PC that play CoD or yearly sport game
>>
>>334776889
Wii U had CoD, AssCreed, Fifa, but you don't buy Nintendo console to play that kind of games
>>
>>334776361
We don't even know if NX is a home console.
>>
>>334776361
Nintendo a shit now. They need to get gta cod and other dudebro shit on their platform if they wish to not be a shit
>>
>>334777042
NOBODY Has EVER given a single shir about console-power consumption, we're talking about normal people, kids ans highschool teenagers, and their parents, these people couln't care less about this, they don't even know or care how much their TV's consumption is
>>
>>334777030
>They already have their own market.

Which they already split in the face now because they want to appeal to the mass audience and casuals
>>
>>334777042
>expensive

There's really no reason to think the console will be more expensive than the PS4/Bone. The Wii U in NA is only $50 cheaper.
>>
File: 1446362788616.jpg (57 KB, 640x628) Image search: [Google]
1446362788616.jpg
57 KB, 640x628
easy as hell
>put normal controller
>have slightly better graphics
and most importantly
>spend tons on marketing
>get all the call of duty and sports games every year
>>
File: Miyamoto talks to his fans.png (84 KB, 973x357) Image search: [Google]
Miyamoto talks to his fans.png
84 KB, 973x357
>>334782574
related
>>
>>334776361
>What's the strategy for getting people who don't buy Nintendo consoles to buy this Nintendo console?

Smash release title with Master Chief as invited character which comes with a code to unlock whatever Mario themed item in Halo 6 so if you own a Xbone and an NX it's christmas.

Anything short of that and it will fail.
>>
>>334785363
>people went and bought PS2s instead of GC
>complain when Nintendo sells out

This shit always baffled me.
>>
>>334785527
How is making a style of Zelda that some people don't like selling out exactly?
>>
>>334785129
You're focusing on the word expensive instead of what I actually said: an expensive Nintendo console.

$400 is not a cheap console. That's about as high as the market will accept. The other two consoles have guaranteed third party developer support. Microsoft and Sony charging $400 [and you saw what happened with the PS3 and Xbone when they tried to go higher than that] is a much different proposition than Nintendo doing it.

The Wii U was a total failure at $350. Miyamoto admitted that the price was higher than they wanted it to be.
>>
>>334777042
>Would consumers buy an expensive Nintendo console?

No, they would not. Consumers see Nintendo as a kiddy company that makes toy devices, not a serious competitor. Even if they try to be, people won't suddenly stop seeing them as kiddy.

>NX comes out
>Similar price tag as the PS4
>Similar level of graphics.
>Meanwhile with the games...
>A new 3D Mario. WAHOO YIPPEEE
>A new cute Pikmin 4
>Expecting people to take them seriously with this kind of a image
>>
Basically they just need competitive hardware so they can get multiplats and some half assed marketing. Doesn't even have to be good marketing, just enough so that people know that Nintendo is making powerful consoles again.

Honestly if Nintendo would just compete with Sony and Microsoft in the hardware specs department there would be very little reason to get anything other than a Nintendo console because they have the best exclusives of any of the three.
>>
They need two things: A lot of advertising, and a large variety of titles that can appeal to more people (major third party releases, more "mature" games, genres and types of games that Nintendo normally never touches, etc)

I'm not entirely sure if Nintendo can pull it off. They've got generations of bad rep built among the majority of gamers, who see them as the odd one out of all the hardware makers who only rely on tired old franchises. Being able to convince everyone that they aren't that would require one hell of a marketing campaign and I don't think Nintendo has it in them.
>>
>>334785565
I can't explain these idiots that I have to share my hobby with.
>>
>people tell them mobile will rain money for Nintendo
>they try it out and make loads of money
>people tell them that having the best 3rd party support money can buy will sell their hardware
>???

I expect some big permanent and timed exclusive announcements for launch.
>>
Honestly I'm super pumped to finally find out what the NX will be. Nintendo has kept it under wraps insanely well, there hasn't been a single credible leak yet just lots of heresay. That makes me think that they have some kind of ace in the hole.
>>
https://youtu.be/x7BSgwtNNS8

His point about the split market applies to vidya too. Fuck Nintendo. Fuck Sony and MS too.

>brand loyalty

Why are you fags trying so hard to find a reason to buy NX? Just because it's new doesnt mean you have to buy it.
>>
>>334786321
I don't even know why people are trying so hard. The games are probably going to be great when they arrive.

Nintendo has been on a roll lately with the quality of their first party games. They're probably going to keep that going now that they're having fun developing in HD and playing with all the new details.

They just have to not have a retarded release calendar with ten months of waiting between everything.
>>
Why are people expecting the NX to have none of the typical console launch problems at all?

Look at how slowly Wii U titles are being made, yet people expect the NX to have a good launch line up?

It hasn't even been given a proper name yet, yet people are expecting it to not only be launched this year, but its games line up to be revealed this year as well?

Wouldn't you think that with all of the disasters their consoles have been through so far, that they would want to scale feedback on how people respond to the concept of the NX first?

What's going to happen if they first reveal what it is, and it ends up being another terrible gimmick nobody likes? Are we just going to expect them to see that fan outrage, say "ok", and just release the system and its games in the same year, without a single fuck given about fan feedback?

Then again, they have not only ignored the entire color splash incident, and even had a developer do federation force damage control for 20 minutes trying to justify himself instead of just apologizing and trying to make a actual metroid game for a change, so yeah it wouldn't be surprising if people hate the NX, and yet Nintendo refuses to change it.

Still, the one outcome that would crack me up the most, is if the NX not only was confirmed to not be a console, but also they were to announce a ton of new Wii U games at E3, angering everyone that thought the system was dead. The result would be the death of hope, and would show just how disconnected from their fans Nintendo really is.
>>
>>334787292
>Are we just going to expect them to see that fan outrage, say "ok", and just release the system and its games in the same year, without a single fuck given about fan feedback?

It'd be stupid to expect anything else. By the time they show it off it would already be too late to make such sweeping changes. All they could possibly do is listen to feedback and consider it for any future things that haven't been developed yet.

>instead of just apologizing and trying to make a actual metroid game for a change, so yeah it wouldn't be surprising if people hate the NX, and yet Nintendo refuses to change it.

See, to think that such a thing was not only just an actual option that was on the table to begin with, but to actually consider it a good idea is just ludicrous and not thinking about all they've already invested in this.
>>
>>334785565
People fear change, people want another OoT or MM but if they kept doing that the franchise would go super stale super quick.
>>
>>334786321
Why are you trying to dissuade people from not buying it ? what you're doing right now is no better then those looking for reasons to buy it.

Let people do whatever the fuck they want.
>>
By appealing to hardcore gamers and casuals. I cant wait to play Advanced Warfare and Wii Fit NX edition
>>
>>334788021

Bone up on that ol' reading comprehension. I said nothing negative about NX or anything specific to dissuade.
>>
They need to get an agreement with Sony and MS for crossplay so they don't worry about people getting pressured into more dominant consoles because of friends.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.