[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a good game. It's not an opinion. It's not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
This is a good game.

It's not an opinion.
It's not up yo debate.

It's a good game.
>>
There's a 100% chance you're wrong
>>
>>334773307
no
>>
It's a passable action adventure game, but compared to previous entries in the Legend of Zelda series the quality feels significantly worse than its predecessors.
>>
>>334773307
NOOOOOOOOO
DELETE THIS RIGHT IN THIS INSTANT
>>
>gives you a tutorial three times on an item you just picked up
That alone makes it garbage
>>
File: broken as fuck.jpg (106 KB, 1237x690) Image search: [Google]
broken as fuck.jpg
106 KB, 1237x690
Was anyone able to actually get the harp to respond correctly?
>>
>>334774023
Yes
>>
>>334773307
ET was a pretty good game too, it was just incomplete, much like Skyward sword.

I mean, 1 town? In the entire game???
>>
File: 1361077044774.png (134 KB, 689x485) Image search: [Google]
1361077044774.png
134 KB, 689x485
>>334773307
It's complete and total shit.

This is not up for debate and never was.

This thread can be deleted now that you've been informed, and you can go on to be ashamed for ever thinking otherwise.
>>
>>334773307
There were some good parts to the game, sure.
Some people could like the game for the good parts, that reasonable.

But overall, it was fairly terrible.

>>334774023
Yes. The timing was strange, and your swings needed to be timed by the shift in the music, not the visuals on screen, from what I remember. The swings will be out of sync by the screen visuals by a fraction of a second.

It always messed me up until I stopped looking at the screen and started listening to the game.
>>
>>334773307
>tfw motion controls will never, ever get a comeback due to obesity among the neckbeards who buy games like this.
>>
Reminder that Skyward Sword was good, and will be circlejerked upon when Zelda U comes out. Such is the Zelda cycle.
>>
>only 3 boring areas to explore
>go to the same 3 areas for the rest of the dungeons
Horrible. Like I wanted to see the forest, desert and volcano a second time
>>
>>334773307
The only good part of that game was Ghirahim.
I love sadistic antagonists
>>
>>334773307
It definitely was. I'd put it on the same tier as TP, really. Maybe a little higher.

Honestly SS had three primary flaws, one which was actual insultingly bad game design, one that could be affected by faulty hardware or poor living conditions but was mostly down to simple differences compared to the norm, and one that was entirely down to simple differences compared to the norm and is completely subjective.

1) Hand holding
Fi was annoying. I don't think anyone will contest this. Constantly being reminded every time you start up your game anew what rupees and bugs are was dumb as shit. Finding a key, finding the keyhole, and then being told YOU SHOULD PROBABLY USE THE KEY ON THE KEYHOLE was plain insulting.

2) Motion controls
Right away, like 80%> of the problems with the motion controls are going to come down to unfamiliarity with them or a dislike of control patterns outside of the norm. My personal experience, as well as the personal experiences of a small handful of acquaintances have basically been that the motion controls had more limitations than one might expect, but once learned, typically operated with consistency. From my experiences with other people over the years, both online and off, my understanding is that most people went in expecting to be able to just free-swing the remote like a sword willy-nilly, and never really took the time to adjust themselves to the nuances of the controls, thus creating problems. In a relatively smaller portion of cases, the controller or accessory was fucked, the user calibrated it poorly, or something was off about where they lived.

3) Linearity.
Frankly speaking, exploration's never been the 3D Zelda's strong suit when compared to the 2Ds, and WW/TP had some fairly lacklustre exploration even then. SS chose a more linear approach, but made up for it with a dungeon-like world structure with environmental puzzles all over, as well as collectibles to hunt down unique to each region.
>>
>>334775594
The VIVE says "Hello."
Its controllers are actually fucking amazing, and are everything the wiimotes should have been and more.
>>
>>334773307
I unironically agree.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.