[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/04/1 8/hyperdimension-neptuni
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: f3c.jpg (25 KB, 245x337) Image search: [Google]
f3c.jpg
25 KB, 245x337
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/04/18/hyperdimension-neptunia-editor-nick-doerr-talks-localization/

>This was also where we decided on Arfoire for the US name of Magiquone, Console Patron Unit (CPU), and kind of sets up where the next paragraph is going: the localization process where I worked was focused on “giving US gamers the same experience as JP gamers,” which is very different from a straight translation, or “giving US gamers the JP game in English.” That was the company process, and I was a part of it. Not the producer, not the manager, not the translator—an editor.
Fucking stupid.
>>
>>334769112
I don't get it, why'd he decide Arfoire was a good replacement for Magicquone. It really messes me up when the voice says one thing and the text says another.
>>
>>334770338
>Magicquone
because that's what the R4 is called in Japan.
>>
>>334770969
No it isn't, you fucking retard.
>Her original Japanese name is a reference to Majikon (マジコン), which refers to a game backup device or a flash cartridge, such as the R4.
SUCH AS, as in, not directly. Go look on google. There's even pics of GBC majikons.
>>
Is this the same guy that justifies his work with "I like a little spice with my meal"?
>>
>Nep
>Translators being retarded
They even make jokes about how bad their translations are
>>
>>334770338
>It really messes me up when the voice says one thing and the text says another.
Which is why English dubs are almost always better.
>>
File: image.jpg (864 KB, 2048x1530) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
864 KB, 2048x1530
>>334771617
And never bother to change that.
>>
>>334771384
Yes
>>
>>334771206

>Being this hostile
>Being this mad!

Wow wow there what's up your butt, man.
>>
>>334771950
Even english only games suffer from that issue, like house of the dead.

>suffer like g did
>subtitle says "suffer the same way g did"
>>
>>334770969
>R4
>arfoire

Oh, I never put that together. I guess it makes sense. Sure there could've been a better way to translate it.
>>
>>334772217
That onion skin of yours sure does cause you to cry a lot.
>>
>>334769112
>companies censor games due to risk aversion
So the best way to get games uncensored is to make it riskier to censor them. So making a huge fuss over minor details is actually crucial.
>>
>>334771206
So then how would you translate it so that overseas audience would know her name is a pun a flash cartridge without having them have to look up the name?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.