[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you ever feel like Miyamoto tries hard but can never live
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1289933951956.jpg (80 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
1289933951956.jpg
80 KB, 650x433
Do you ever feel like Miyamoto tries hard but can never live up to his works on the NES, SNES and 64?

I love Pikmin but thats really his only stand out job at the moment. Whenever he touches anything else hes more concerned on what the controller can do rather than if the game is fun to play.
>>
File: 1444881581816.gif (126 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1444881581816.gif
126 KB, 720x480
>>334763110
edgy post, do you have a blog I can rss ?
>>
>>334763497
>Complimenting his work on Pikmin
>Edgy

Yeah ok
>>
>>334763110
Everything shiggy makes is what he feels would be the most fun. Just listen to the way he describes how he designed world 1-1 of the OG Super Mario Bros

https://youtu.be/zRGRJRUWafY
>>
I'll never forgive him for destroying paper mario
>>
Shiggy is the only one left. Howard Lincoln isn't at Nintendo any more, Iwata died, Gunpei Yokoi died, Hiroshi Yamauchi died, and many others moved on. You think they just keep him around as some sort of living museum, or company mascot?
>>
>>334764424
Why are Paper Mario fans so autisitic?

>have Super Mario RPG, PM, and TTYD
>have the Mario and Luigi titles
>Sticker Star is different
>BAWWWWW

Also, Super Paper Mario was fucking horrible. If it was actually a good game, Sticker Star wouldn't even have been like it was.
>>
>>334764941
Nintendo has enough japanese game devs keeping the studios in line like Retro, EAD, Intelligent Systems, etc.

If he simply stayed as a consultant and didnt have huge impact on the games being made, then the younger devs would still be making good games.

Miyamoto isnt why Splatoon is good, he just consulted the development of it.
>>
>>334764424
SS was always going to be bad because IS's main focus at the time was FE: Awakening. SS was made by the C team since the start.
>>
Miyamoto is a cool guy, but really too out of touch, and being the original creator of some of the biggest franchises of Nintendo doesn't excuse him.

he can give some really cool ideas like Hyrule Warriors, while he can't do some shitty ones like almost ruining Goldeneye because of his "think of the children" mentality.
>>
He only really like to work on games when he has a new idea to work with in design, but at this point a lot of the good ideas have been done, so there's nothing left for him but the risky super experimental stuff.
>>
>>334764941
>Howard Lincoln isn't at Nintendo any more
Technically he still works for Nintendo, just with the Seattle Mariners.
>>
>>334763110

That cake is fucking beautiful tbqh senpai.
>>
I don't think he'll ever make anything quite as good as Super Mario World ever again, but that's a good thing. Better to make something so good you'll never live up to, rather than being a hack the whole time making terrible to okay games.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.