[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recommend every RTS WITH A VERY GOOD CAMPAIGN I couldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: 1279544573_starcraft.png (126 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1279544573_starcraft.png
126 KB, 640x480
Recommend every RTS WITH A VERY GOOD CAMPAIGN I couldn't play as a kid because le poor family maymay xD

I finished War3 AOM and Starcraft already

What's the deal with starcraft BTW there's no siege weapon ?
>>
>>334741789
EE
>>
>>334741789
>>>/vr/

Warhammer40k
>>
C&C3: Tiberium Wars
>>
The entire Command and Conquer franchise before Command and Conquer 4.

Homeworld.

At least those are the ones I can think of right away.
>>
>>334743554
what's wrong with Command and Conquer 4?
>>
>>334743554
Red Alert 3 was shit.
>>
>>334743684
Everything. The campaign was absolute shit compared to past games, RA3 at least was dumb fun even if it was pretty damn weak in everything else. The gameplay was changed to be some sort of MOBA shit and got rid of base building. Basically, they made something that was supposed to be a spinoff into a mainline game.
>>
>>334743684
It takes every good gameplay mechanic from all of the previous games and throws it out the window. They wanted to spice the series up with something new, because lol EA, but in the process destroyed not only what could've been a decent game, but an entire series in the process.

Base building was removed, no more large armies, having to unlock every unit independently of each faction, ignored the alien faction they had already introduced, the stupid mobile headquarters, no resource management, rock-paper-scissors combat on everything, and a horrible story. Only thing good about it was the music, and they took it all from that cancelled FPS they tried making years before.
>>
World in Conflict, technically a RTT game but whatever
>>
Homeworld 1 and 2
Dawn of War 1 + expansions
Company of Heroes

Fun to last
>>
Rome total war
>>
>>334743554
CnC3 has aged worse than korean poo wine, can't believe I liked it as a kid.
>>
>>334741789

>What's the deal with starcraft BTW there's no siege weapon ?

Starcraft does have 'siege weapons'. Pretty much any unit with a range higher than static defense. Guardians, Tanks, Battle Cruisers w/ yamato, Carriers, Reavers, Lurkers.
>>
Warzone 2100
>>
>>334741789
>SC
>No siege weapon

What do you think a siege tank does?
>>
File: 1329682404850.jpg (221 KB, 416x500) Image search: [Google]
1329682404850.jpg
221 KB, 416x500
>>334741789
Red Alert 2 and it's expansion, Yuri's Revenge.
>>
>>334744598
DoW2 + Chaos Rising campaigns were good, Retribution was meh
>>
>>334742082
My African American brethren.

Also,

>world in conflict
>age of mythology
>age of empires
>company of heroes
>dawn of war: soulstorm
>stronghold 1 & crusader
>homeworld
>wargame: european escalation
>brood war
>warcraft 3/tft

If you haven't played World in Conflict you're sorely missing out. It's probably the greatest single player strategy experience next to Homeworld and Warcraft 3.
>>
File: total-annihilation.jpg (43 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
total-annihilation.jpg
43 KB, 512x384
Total Annihilation
>>
>>334744868
Hey, that's not the correct cover.
>>
>>334741789
http://store.steampowered.com/app/351870/
>>
>>334744598
Oh yeah, and if you get Homeworld you might want to check out the remastered edition. Actually, I think it's on sale now in the humble bundle at the $12 tier - Homeworld 1 and 2 remastered, plus the original Homeworld 1 and 2. Remaster improves graphics and audio and adds Workshop mod support.
>>
>>334744959
also Supcom 1 and FA to an extent, FA doesn't have different campaigns for different factions, but is fun nonetheless
>>
Just gameplay wise I'd say starcraft2.

It has multiple upgrade trees outside of missions, lots of optional missions and achievements for every single missions many of wich will require you to replay it with a very unique strat.

story is meh though but i don't care about that.
>>
>>334744993
>Steam
Fuck off shill.
>>
Original War - great story, difficult system
>>
>>334744993
the comfiest
>>
>>334745104

Agreed. But don't expect anything from heart of the swarm. Really shitty single player imo.
>>
File: Hell has frozen over.jpg (99 KB, 414x446) Image search: [Google]
Hell has frozen over.jpg
99 KB, 414x446
http://aok.heavengames.com/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/news.php
http://www.campaigncreations.org/starcraft

Custom campaigns you FOOLISH FOOL!
>>
Warcraft 1,2,3
>>
>>334745242
what kind of fanfiction you want, senpai?
>>
>>334745389
1 is total garbage
>having to control units one by one
>on a fucking RTS
>>
original war
rising kingdoms
celtic kings
battle for middle earth 1,2
Sunage
Spellforce 1,2
KKND 1,2
Act of War
Conquest Frontier Wars
nemesis of the roman empire
>>
File: Disdain.jpg (60 KB, 577x619) Image search: [Google]
Disdain.jpg
60 KB, 577x619
>>334745712
Something.... adequate.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.