[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Real quick before I drop $350 on a ps4, will I like this console
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
Real quick before I drop $350 on a ps4, will I like this console if I do NOT like jrpg's at all?
I like shit like shooters, adventure games like zelda, platformers, etc.
>>
Nah dude, every single game on the ps4 is a jrpg. All of them. Killzone is a jrpg, knack is a jrpg, destiny is a jrpg. Might as well look elsehwere since this console has literally only 1 genre.

C'mon senpai, don't be retarded.
>>
Adventure-the last guardian
Shooter-Uncharted 4
Platformer-Ratchet and Clank
>>
PS4 doesn't have many compelling games of any genre so it will end up collecting dust or with you putting it on craigslist for less than you paid for the thing. Don't say I didn't warn you.
>>
Why not just look at a list of games and pick out the ones that look appealing to you?

Is it really that hard?
>>
PS4 has all that shit. It has every genre, not just RPGs.
>>
>>334735357
PS4 isn't even good for jrpgs. It mostly just has Gust/Idea Factory/Compile Heart/Nippon Ichi garbage right now.
>>
>>334737048
This
where the fuck did you get it only has jrpgs? I don't think ps has ever focused on that genre. That's like saying xbox does because they had lost oddysey. (which was a good game btw)
>>
>>334735357
Get a PS3. Hax0r it and play all the awesome games.
>>
>>334735357
>I don't know what games are on this console
>I plan to buy it

What the fuck
>>
>>334737470
Fucking casuals, it's why the PS4 sold trillions and 95% of them are being used exclusively for Netflix.
>>
>>334735357
I like JRPGs and I still don't like my PS4.
>>
Okay here's the thing.

Don't buy a PS4 now. Wait for the PS4K or you will regret it later.

Now to your question. It depends. Do you count third parties? If yes, then yes. There is a lot to play.

If you already have a gaming PC, then not so much. There are some gems, but the main appeal of the PS4 are the upcoming JRPGs. There is some cool stuff though, like Gravity rush (very charming, gave me some zelda vibes. Second game incoming), tearaway (nice little creative plattformer), little big planet 3, ratchet and clank, uncharted, bloodborne (I know it's a JRPG in theory but it's completely different than a star ocean or final fantasy) and some other stuff. You can also play a version of bamham that actually runs. It's not that much though. So if you only go for exclusives, I don't think you will be happy with the console.
>>
Try the PS4 thread in /vg. There's a full list of PS4 games there, released and unreleased.
>>
>>334735357
If you like Zelda, you'll enjoy Bloodborne. That's about it
>>
>>334736458
>a console that never moves will collect dust

whoaaaaa
>>
>>334738084
le make up statistic meme
>>
>>334735357
There are like 2 games on it that sre worth while that you can't play on the xbone, xb3, or ps3. Just think really hard about whether or not you really need it
I recommend looking through a list of PA games and checking off ones that you are interested in and then removing the last gen multi plat ones. Decide from there.
>>
350$ you crazy? I got one for 230$ refurbished on best buy
>>
>>334735357
Yes, you will like the Xbox One as well but I'd recommend the PS4.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.