[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
360 vs PS3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: ps3-v-xbox-360.jpg (11 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
ps3-v-xbox-360.jpg
11 KB, 400x300
Alright /v/, I have both of these but not too many games for either of them. I'm looking to sell one of them and keep the other.

Pretty much every game I'm interested in is available for both (ninja gaidens 1 through RE, Metal Gear Rising, Sega Rally...). Really the only game that I want for each that is exclusive is Forza 4 vs GT6. I'm also not interested in online in the slightest.

Which will provide me with the best experience overall? Least input lag, best graphics, best frame rate...
>>
File: -v-'s PS3 beginner's guide.jpg (2 MB, 1500x3400) Image search: [Google]
-v-'s PS3 beginner's guide.jpg
2 MB, 1500x3400
>>334720279
PS3.
Xboxes have never had any worthwhile exlusives, and the multiplats are all equally shitty on both systems.

Meanwhile, PS3 has free online, BD player, can run PS1 games on all versions of the console, it's the definitive MGS platform thanks to the exclusive MGS4 + the Legacy Collection, and if you're into JRPGs - there's tons of them, including the original Demon's Souls.
>>
>>334722484
I've tried a few demos on both and Ninja Gaiden 3 RE and Metal Gear Rising run at a locked 60 for the duratiom of their respective demos while on PS3 they drop frames a hell of a fucking lot.

I also have Sonic Unleashed on PS3 and its demo on 360, and the demo stage runs at a mostly stable 30 fps throughout on 360 but drops to like 15 in several spots repeatably on PS3.

I have Crysis on both and it runs and looks like fucking shit on PS3 compared to 360.

I was wondering how much of a recurring theme this is.

Is there any website where I can see hard framerate data (not subjective because people are fucking casuals that can't tell 20 from 30 fps) especially for japanese action game multiplats?

Digital Foundry doesn't cover everything and its comparisons of Sonic Unleashed and Ninja Gaiden 2 are factually untrue.
>>
>>334720279
the xbox can be flashed with a cfw and also runs better on unreal engine games, but the ps3 has more actual raw power, the issue is how retarded is that cell design, its like the atari jaguar all over again.
>8 cores... wich 2 are free to play games, the rest are for useless bullshit.
get the xbox, only the ps exclusives look good, the rest runs like shit.
>>
>>334723518
ya know, you should just get / upgrade your PC if you're that framerate and graphics whore.

Seriously son, Crysis ? On fucking consoles? Give me a break.

To me, both Xbox and PS3 are literally the same shit when it comes to overall performance and visual quality. Some games, like the MGS HD ports, ZoE2 HD, and the FF13 trilogy, do look and run better on PS3.
>>
>>334723989
I have a 4690k @ 4.2GHz, 2x4GB DDR3 1800MHz and an MSI 970.

I play on consoles when I don't have the time or energy to deal with troubleshooting, and don't even try that "troubleshooting on PC is a consolecuck meme" shit.

I want a stable platform to game on, but given the choice between two, I'd of course rather have the one that runs games better.
>>
So I noticed that Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 at 1080p drops frames like a motherfucker compared to the demo of NG2 on 360, but if I set the console to 720p it stops being blurry as fuck and actually looks significantly sharper than NG2, while also dropping frames nowhere near as much.

Is this a thing in many other games? It doesn't seem to do anything to Crysis for instance. TV does support 1080p native, so the stupid blurriness of NGS2 is not from 1080i.
>>
>>334726504
most probably it's the shitty upscaling filter of either the console OR your TV playing tricks and causing blurriness.

>>334725091
PS3 is still the better choice.
I still don't get your troubleshooting meme stuff; just set the games to ~medium + 720p, and you got exact same experience as on consoles, yet with notably faster fps
>>
>>334728104
Just last weekend my Metal Gear Rising got locked to 30Hz on fullscreen.

Tried Borderless Windowed but that made my frame timing uneven as fuck and there were some scaling artifacts on the picture.

After several hours of googling shit, I managed to fix it by creating a 1079p custom resolution in the drivers.

Sometimes I just don't want to deal with that garbage. Im a software engineer and not only does it make me sad that gooks code like fucking shit, I also get enough PC and fiddling at work.

These days I play my PC less and less. When it works, it's objectively the best but just knowing I'm going to run into a showstopper every once in a while is enough of a deterrent when you're burned out from work.
>>
>>334730292
funny, since I grew up with consoles, and nowadays PC has pretty much replaced them.
>>
>>334731593
I grew up with consoles then shortly after PC. The PC increasingly replaced consoles in my life until a few years ago when I graduated and got a job. Consoles have been eating away at the PC's influence since then.

So are there any PS3 japanese/japanese style action exclusives in the style of Metal Gear Rising, DMC, Ninja Gaiden...?

Or even games in this genre that aren't exclusive but run better on PS3?
>>
Both shitty consoles with garbage dudebro western games and japanese games sucked on both. Real consoles of last-gen were DS, PSP and Wii which sold far more than those dudebro machines.
>>
>>334732382
>DS, PSP and Wii
Have 3DS, PSP and Wii U so I have access to all of their games.

None of those machines have MGR or Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2.
>>
Ignore all the PS3 comments OP.

If you only want multiplats and the only exclusive you care about is Forza vs GT, then stay with the 360. It has better multiplats and Forza has been better than GT for a decade soon.
>>
>>334732718
Yeah, about that. How's GT6 vs Forza 4?

I have GT5 and Forza 4.
>>
>>334732818
GT6 is a DLC infested cashgrab.
>>
>>334732372
well, there's the entire Yakuza series, that's literally exclusive to Sony's system, most of 'em being on PS3. Not exactly quite as quick and flashy as DMC or MGR, but still.

There's also the DMC HD Collection for PS3.
>>
>>334733050
I'll check Yakuza out. What's the best one in terms of combat?

Also isn't DMC HD on 360 too?

And while we're at it, I'd like tk hear action game suggestions for Vita too if you guys know any. I don't have one but will consider seeing how shitty Sonic Racing Transformed and Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 are on my 3DS. I haven't gotten a Vita yet because it seems 90% of its library is Panty Quest derivatives I give zero fucks about.
>>
>>334733370
they're all good IMO, but I'd say 4 is a-OK start for rookies.
>>
>>334733521
Consider the fact that I will most likely give zero fucks about the story and I'm a seasoned action game veteran. I'd rather have "the best one" than "the best one fkr beginners" in case they're not the same game.
>>
>>334733748
at times, it's near impossible to say which game in certain series is the "best", because different folks have different definitions and tastes. Take the MGS or FF sagas for example; arguing which games are great and which aren't are some of the easiest shitstorms you can brew online.

I recall there being HD ports of the earlier PS2 titles as well. Might just as well check them all out from the beginning; there's some story and cast connections between them all.
>>
>>334734148
What about the PS4 ones?
>>
>>334734445
I've seen people praise and hype the new one, and I recall there being a new HD remaster of one of the PS2 originals coming out soon too. Other than that, I can't really say, as I don't have PS4 and don't really follow its stuff too much.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.