[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been able to beat every boss without a summon so far
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: nameless.jpg (224 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nameless.jpg
224 KB, 1920x1080
I've been able to beat every boss without a summon so far with relative ease, but this guy just cannot be defended.

First phase is perfectly fine, but the second phase is absolutely absurd. There is no time to do anything except for roll and attack, and if you get hit once, it's basically game over. By the third phase when he's shooting lightning from the sky, the fight is essentially broken.
>>
Did it unkindled, in fallen knight armor, with slow lightning axe, and estus to spare.
>>
There is no third phase you goof.
The hardest part is dealing with the camera while he's on the dragon then it's smooth sailing.

>telegraphed sweep attacks
>jump in the air then thrust attack
>not very aggressive
If you've dealt with Ornstein or any other humanoid boss with a long range melee weapon, he's easy as fuck.
>>
Only died to him once and that was on the first phase. I died more to other bosses.

in short, stop crying
>>
>>334720454
How were you able to heal with estus during the fight? He's way too fast.

>>334720720
His third phase is when he starts to use lightning attacks.
>>
>>334720914
He doesnt change his attack pattern, it's not much of a phase change.
>>
>>334720914
>How were you able to heal with estus during the fight? He's way too fast.
He sometimes does easy to dodge lunging attack when you're at medium range which gives you room to drink
>>
File: This covenant never works.jpg (166 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
This covenant never works.jpg
166 KB, 1600x900
Phase 2 has so many FREE DAMAGE parts and he actually gives you time to attack. Also one of the few Souls bosses I can say I actually had some sense of enjoyment. Usually put my sign down there to help out other people. Why is the Artorias set so popular?
>>
>>334720220
I can't him
I'm not amazing at souls games to begin with, but this guy is too much for me. I played through every souls game without summoning and beat every boss in DS3 on my first try with the butchers knife and great machete, but i can't do it.
>>
>>334720220
Roll roll attack
>>
Second phase is a joke once you realize that by staying far away you can bait him doing the leap attack that is easy to dodge, you get atleast 2 hits to him before you must back away.

Same tactic also works in final boss.
>>
>>334721787
I'll try that. Up until now I've done nothing but stay on his ass, rolling around him and through his attacks and hitting him
>>
>>334720220
>can hit you while you're on the ground
>fire hits 3 times in a row with huge AOE
>Ancient Dragon hitboxes
>camera sucks
>hits often miss when trying to hit the head or neck
>have to beat the first phase over and over again
Yes i have to git gud, but i can't i beat all the other bosses without any problems, but shit one is too much. It's the first time in a souls game that i've ever considered to summon phantoms
>>
>>334720914

I don't get how people struggle with healing during a boss fight. It's like everything thinks you need to get super far away before you can pop estus when almost EVERY single boss in the game has a quick lunge attack designed to punish that move. Just hug his nuts, dodge through his combo and pop estus as SOON as you stand up after his last swing. Have some balls, don't hesitate and you'll almost always be safe.
>>
>>334722417

It's a battle of attrition. It's designed so that by the time you finish phase you you're already a bit stressed out and likely to be on tilt when phase two comes out, because you know that if you die you have to start it all over again. You have to keep your cool and stay very patient, understanding that it is a long fight and there is no way around that fact. This boss tries to drive you to get greedy and then punishes the hell out of it, try to slow down as soon as phase 2 starts and reset your nerves.
>>
>>334720220
I want to beat him just for his crown and hair

I want to look like something off an 80s speed metal album cover
>>
>>334722771

To be fair enough distance works as you buy enough time to roll as they make contact
>>
>>334721414
Artorias is best husbando.
>>
>>334723583

Yeah, and on some bosses this is a perfectly fine strategy. But on hyper aggressive fights like Nameless and Champion Gundyr you are never really afforded that opportunity and even if you manage to make that distance they cover it too fast to reliably heal, you end up putting yourself in a much worse position. It's just a panic response, in most games the obvious thing to do is run away and then reengage when you feel it's safe to do so, that shit just doesn't fly here most of the time.
>>
>>334720220
I like to put down my summon signs for this fight and then check out whomever summoned me's profile. Since I play on PS4 and did not like Bloodborne at all, if I notice they've played BB then I wait until they engage the boss and then black crystal out so they have to fight a harder boss but alone. I do this with a lot of other bosses too.
>>
>>334724670
Why?
>>
>>334720220
He took me a few tries.
The biggest thing is knowing when to heal, I struggled to get a read on what combo he was doing but I think a good opening is when he does a dash attack and you can see he's not doing the follow up.

Also, him charging his moves are a blessing, since if you hit him enough in a relatively short amount of time you can stagger him and get a riposte off.
>>
>>334720220
Best boss fight in the entire game. 2nd phase is fun as fuck, just gotta learn his patterns and git gud

If you didn't kill him solo you should kill yourself
>>
>>334721632
>not amazing
>beat every boss first try

Okay Mr humble.
>>
>>334721414
I love using the Artorias legs because they look hilarious.
>>
>>334724968
I'm really not though, i still have some problems with a few DS1 and DeS bosses, but most DS3 bosses are either slow and stupid and fast, but get stunned right away and have almost no health
>>
File: bb2.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
bb2.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
>>334724739
Because BB is an overrated garbage game that took me like 10 hours to beat. Still have no idea why anyone talks about it on this board, oh wait... because of the PcCcCuck maymay
>>
>>334725158
DS3 took me 13 hours to beat so what?
What makes Dark Souls so much better? Certainly not the difficulty since both games are easy except for one boss in each game.
>>
>>334725158
It took me 18 hours for my first run through of it.
Did you do Cainhurst and the top of the healing church.

And just for reference DaS3 took me 20 hours.
>>
>>334725158
>PcCcCuck
Are you okay
>>
>>334725158

Oh look it's this fucking screenshot again. Dude, you're some fucking advanced form of autism.
>>
how do you get past the dragon at dragonkin mausoleum?
>>
>>334725745

Kill it with lightning thunder.
>>
>>334724670
You seem really sad
>>
>>334720220
Literally impossible for my skills
I can get the second phase to 50% that's it
>>
>>334724670
Wow, that's some advanced autism right there.
>>
>>334720220
I just went light, strafe and rolled.

I found the first part of the second phase hardest, as he has smaller window to hit, but a good time is usually during his airborne lightning lung or after some of his longer combos. Also usually a good time to heal if needed.

Second part of the second phase is a lot easier given that when he charges his lightning bolt strike, it gives you a huge window to land 2-4 hits in before rolling to dodge it.

Just learn the delay of his combos and dodge at the right time and wait for the windows to land a hit in. It'll take some time, but it's usually the best way to beat the harder bosses unless your lllxXxMLGPR0xXxlll.
>>
>>334720220
he's okay, easier than a lot of bloodborne bosses.
the third phase is basically free because all his attacks have super long charge up and recovery. the lightning also does very moderate damage.

the first phase is also very easy once you've seen all the moves. so only the second phase where he's ultra aggressive is an issue. you can try to time your roll right and keep close or just shield up and back away, wait for the lunge. either way if you make it to the third phase the fight is over.

in this boss and champion gundyr just remember when you get hit or thinks you'll get hit always spam roll. turtle and you'll be fine.
>>
File: Knipsel.jpg (18 KB, 656x154) Image search: [Google]
Knipsel.jpg
18 KB, 656x154
>>334720220
Git gud scrublord
>>
File: 1441552187015.jpg (772 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1441552187015.jpg
772 KB, 5000x5000
>mfw I missed this boss.
>>
>>334732357
Doesn't really prove anything ,you could have used summons
>>
>>334732497
Can't blame you
>>
>>334732745
You could accuse anybody on /v/ of doing that.
>>
So is there a clean cut way to avoid the fire-breath on the first phase?

I hover around the head area to try and score hits, and whenever he flies up, I start running away, and it seems to be a guaranteed insta-kill situation in my normal gear. I'm in the best fire-lightning resistant gear I have, including both protection rings, and it still typically hits me twice and with pixel lines of health if I had max to begin with.
>>
>>334733210
I usually just stay in front of the to bait the fire breath or the king to do his spear attacks
The dragon mostly does the fire breath under him if you stay below him or hit his feet
>>
>>334733754
I do typically roll towards and under him, which is causing it to happen if that's the case.. Just seems to keep me closer to strike him, guess I'll have to play the safer way.

Second phase isn't too bad overall, although I'm still learning what attacks have what timings. Some of them are annoyingly short, while others have a far longer build-up although they look similar. Haven't had a problem with any boss so far besides this asshole, and being able to get through the stormdrake bit'll help me fight him with more estus.
>>
File: 1383337918349.jpg (49 KB, 556x561) Image search: [Google]
1383337918349.jpg
49 KB, 556x561
>that point where you do enough damage to stagger the dragon
>stab his eye and then slice it out through the back of his head

That was fucking brutal.
>>
>>334734309
I've had that happen like...once, in 10 tries. It can't be a factor of damage because I'm dragon-toothing the asshole which on a fully charged, two handed strike does almost a quarter of its health.
>>
Use a straight sword, like dark blade, sunlight sword or kirks sword and a shield (preferably the one with lightning defense) and you will win first time
>>
>>334734598
Happened every time I attempted him which albeit was only 3 times.
>>
>>334720220
Kill Havel/Havel wannabe, get Havels shield, take off everything and wield the shield and your weapon. Makes the fight a hundred times more bearable. Think of it kind of like straight up tanking the Four Kings in DS1 but this time it's just using your shield to turn all his attacks into nothing.
>>
>>334734598
Same. It happened for me once, when the dragon was preparing for some attack.
I still don't know all the details of DaS3's combat, but this also happens with smaller enemies: if you hit them during their startup attack animation, they crumple sometimes.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.