[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/, which Fallout game should I play first? I've only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: hqdefault.jpg (38 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
38 KB, 480x360
/v/, which Fallout game should I play first?

I've only played New Vegas but I could never beat it due to the game breaking and me not wanting to start all over again.

Pic semi related: I don't give a shit about what the graphics look like. I just care about the gameplay and overall story.
>>
>>
>>334709234
If you don't care about graphics play the first game.
>>
>>334709234
Just start with 3, the goty edition
>>
>>334709234
define "game breaking" if you can't get New Vegas to work on your computer, then 3 or 4 probably won't either
>>
>>334709498
I didn't get the expansions for New Vegas which is what i've been told the problem was since the expansions fix some of the bugs.

Both times I've tried to complete the game, after putting in 100+ hours of a single campaign, I'd enter an area where when I tried to leave, the game would load forever. If I tried to go back to an older save, they wouldn't load at all.

I googled this problem and a lot of answers suggested I get the "Blue moon" or whatever add on because that helps fix all the bugs in the game, but at that point I said screw it and didn't feel like re-investing all those hours.

Tl;dr The bugs within the game "broke" the game for me, not the strength or setup of my pc.
>>
>>334709234

What platform you have those for?

Those are all buggy as hell. I'd say get few mods for new vegas that will fix game balance issues, graphics and stability, then play both of bethesda games in random order and be disappointed as hell. Also play Fallout 3 in NV with mod.
>>
>>334709809
Updates are free, they're not part of DLCs at all. It sounds like you just played the un-patched release version. Fully patched, it's quite stable, and there are mods that improve it further.
NV is much, much better than 3 in every regard.
4 is a casualized action shooter.
If you want a generic shooter, get 4.
If you want an RPG with good quests and writing, get NV.
>>
1. If you're a 360fag just play New Vegas, 3, and then the older games. Tactics isn't mandatory.
>>
>>334709417
So, Fallout 3 it is, then.
>>
>>334710617
No the first gamr, simply called fallout. Note the 3 in the title, implying it is the third game in the series, you fucking retard
>>
>>334710768
No but other series did the same, like how street fighter started on II and Final Fantasy on III. Are you 12?
>>
>>334709234
DO NOT PLAY NV
It's just a meme here. It's just desert walking sim with no main story line with "pick your own adventure" meme shit. I had to use a fucking guide to find what quests to do and where to find them.

Play 3. It's like fallout 4s atmosphere but with more role playing, and better story.
>>
>>334710978
You're calling me 12 and tell me FF started on III and street fighter started on 2? This has to be bait or something cause I refuse to believe someone is this brain dead.
>>
>>334710617
3 is far and away better than 4, so yeah, play the first one in the Bethesda Fallout Universe. If you want even better fun play the first one in the Interplay continuity.
>>
>>334711279
>had to use a guide to find quests
Do you just literally never talk to anyone in RPG's. You're the only person at fault for you not being able to find the shit to do, the game directs perfectly into tons of shit to do if you just go off the beaten path like a fucking inch.
>>
>>334711301
>This has to be bait or something
I want to believe your post is bait, but I know from first hand experience /v/ is as sharp as a sphere and couldn't spot bait even if they got hit with it. You're a fucking retard and so is the person you're responding to, but at least he's doing it on purpose.
>>
Anybody got the link to /v/'s NV mod pastebin?
>>
File: scr00001.jpg (81 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
scr00001.jpg
81 KB, 640x480
>>334710768

This.

My opinions over trilogy and it's spinoffs.

Fallout, a bit short and buggy, but well written game about nature of humanity, decisions and their consequences. 9/10
Fallout 2, same as previous one with few UI and AI improvements. Bigger, longer and has more humor in it. 10/10
Fallout NV, a sequel made with bethesda engine by dev team that had lot of original devs. Pretty much as good as it could be given developers resources and shit forced by their contract. 8/10

Spinoffs.

Tactics... name pretty much tells everything. Same as two originals with better combat and very little role playing. 7/10
Fo3. Shitty game made with exactly same engine as NV. Two or thee quests that resemble original games. Rest is railroaded as fuck or just random places. You can murder pretty much everyone except people relevant to main quest then donate some water to bums and become jesus. 3/10
Fo4... not RPG. Endless generic fetch or kill quests. If you like FPS games... get a one of STALKER's. If you like sand boxes... pick a random GTA clone. 1/10
[shouldn't be even mentioned] 404. 0.001/10
>>
File: scr00002.jpg (77 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
scr00002.jpg
77 KB, 640x480
>>334712139

http://pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD
>>
File: scr00003.jpg (78 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
scr00003.jpg
78 KB, 640x480
>>
1,2,NV Tactics if you want nothing else
>>
>>334709234
Play the first and the second one, they haven't aged very well technically or gameplay wise but if you can stomach it they're good enough. Skip 3 and 4 altogether, you're not missing out on anything to be honest.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.