[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do posters on /v/ constantly accuse me of being a shill whenever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: shill-alert.jpg (47 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
shill-alert.jpg
47 KB, 300x300
Why do posters on /v/ constantly accuse me of being a shill whenever I post? Is it because I'm generally enthusiastic and positive about things?
>>
Saying anything good about anything makes you a shill on /v/
>>
>>334701410
>Is it because I'm generally enthusiastic and positive about things?

Yes.
>>
The only game you're allowed to shill is Dark Souls 3
>>
>>334701650
>>334701686
That's a shame. Sometimes I just like things and want to share it with people, y'know?
>>
>>334701410
It might be because you're a shill.
>>
>>334701893
I'm literally shilling shill signs.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 571x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 571x540
>>334701737
what is it about these meme games that drives /v/ into this protect the cub mode?

like shit, des and bb are both better games, yet all you see is shitposting about those...
>>
It's because /v/ needs to think that their opinions matter when its simply not the case. Most of /v/ is on PC and a lot of them pirate if they can. Not to mention that compared to pre gamergate exodus this entire site has slowed down dramatically.
Combine those two facts and it becomes obvious that only idiots like anthony burch would think its worth while to actually hire shills for this place.
Besides that have there actually been any confirmed shills?
>>
>>334701410
Did you just learn about 4chan?
YES
YES
YES
>>
>>334701410
>Having anything good to say about video games at all in this day & age

Yup, you're a shill.
>>
Reminder that the "criticism = nothing is good" mentality originated here and spread to the rest of the site.
>>
/v/ is very large and anonymous. It's a free and quick advertising avenue, especially for indieshits wanting to attract attention to their shitty little pixelcrap game. When you see a person who's:
A. Obviously a newfag
B. Tries hard to attract attention to a certain product, usually over-enthusiastically so
...it's pretty safe to say it's the developer or some marketing monkey trying to generate buzz.

If you don't want to be labeled a shill, don't come off as some retarded redditor who's hoping for people to spend an entire thread praising a paid product.
>>
>>334703482
>compared to pre gamergate exodus
The archive.moe stats showed that literally nothing has changed after the faGGots' "exodus".

>>334703631
didn't you post this shit in some other thread as well?
>>
>>334703926
I'm kind of fascinated at how 4chan became obsessed with reddit. It's weird as fuck.
>>
>>334704038
Correction: I made an entire thread about it.
>>
>>334704465
The vast majority of newfags since around 2012-2013 have been redditors.
>>
>>334701410
Well Todd, it is because you use the same copypasta over and over to start a thread and the first 10 responses are always the same.

Get a new bot
>>
>>334704607
Yeah, because reddit is like a top 20 website on the fucking internet. You could call them fucking twitterers and facebookers or ebayers or whatever and it would be equally true
>>
Honestly, the answer is Reddit. See, the problem is, Redditors love to come here because their 4chan subreddits capture our most "shocking" moments, so they want to see what all the hype is about. However, precisely because they're only seeing the dumbest fuckery we produce, their understanding of the site is very limited. Kind of like some dude thinking he understands Indian culture from watching Bollywood movies.

As a result, we get fuckheads who come over here and think that consolewars, and calling people shills, and all the other cancerous shitposting is what we're all about, so they do that shit to try to fit in.

So yeah, blame Reddit.
>>
Because hating everything is a meme and positivity is ruining the fun. Now get out of here shill, I gotta make and post these pastas that would make even the greatest chiefs cry.
>>
>>334701410
Because /v/ is stupid and paranoid and actually beleive every single game gets shilled here
>>
>>334704723
I blame the jews.
>>
Go to any other hobby board in this shithole, then come back here. Notice the massive amount of differences and attitudes on those boards compared to this.
>>
>>334701410
because the thought of someone defending every move squeenix makes 24/7 for free is fucking disturbing
>>
>>334705163
Why am I supposed to hate Square-Enix right now? I lose track of who I'm supposed to hate and why.
>>
>>334703482
>pre exodus
How'd that work out anytime ever, nigger.
>>
>>334704465
I literally learned about reddit and tumblr only because all of the bitching on here.
>>
>>334705007
>Go to any other hobby board in this shithole
I'd say the difference for some is like 'night /v/ and day /v/' used to be, for others like /tv/ it's often actually worse at all times.
>>
>>334701410
/v/ thinks hype = shilling.
Especially if it's a game they've already judged to be shit.
>>
>>334704687
Back to eBay you troll.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.