[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is FFXII the least popular FF?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: ff12.jpg (568 KB, 640x914) Image search: [Google]
ff12.jpg
568 KB, 640x914
Why is FFXII the least popular FF?
>>
>>334701273
VIII called, said that you forgot about it again
>>
>>334701365
>>334701273
II is arguably the worst mainline game as well as least popular.
>>
>>334701273
I blame not releasing International version outside of Japan. IZJS was fucking great.
>>
>>334701684
We'll get it when Square makes the FF12 HD remake. But that will probably happen between FF15 and FF7R or after FF7R.
>>
>>334701684
>Was

It's still the best game in the series when you throw IZJS in the mix

And even if you don't, it's STILL the best!
>>
>>334701273

I'm actually playing right now.

The story abs setting is great but the gameplay is really limited, its the reason I dislike action JRPGs.
I can see myself dropping it soon, which is ashame because I do enjoy the story and world.
>>
Its my favorite game.
>>
>bland characters
>mostly bland orchestral OST (the battle themes are the best, as usual with sakimoto)
>forgettable story
>bland, repetative and needlessly huge enviroments (thank god for the fast forward option in IZJS)
>side content is just more battles (marks)

gambits were a great idea that could've been implemented a bit better, but just thinking about this game makes me feel sleepy

last FF I bought
>>
>>334701830
It has a fantastic end-game, and the combat opens up a lot after you put in enough hours.
>>
>>334702013
>side content is just more battles (marks)

This is bad how? Oh, you LIKED dodging 200 lightning bolts?
>>
It didn't have a main character (although articles will try to state there is one), it was an ensemble. Everyone tries to back into Vaan being the protagonist because his story is the hero's journey, and it's the one we're most familiar with; but he is not explicitly the character you're following throughout the story. Without that prominent lead, people don't have strong associations with it even if they liked the game. Moreover, the overarching political drama was not compelling and the big bad was a conglomerate as opposed to a main antagonist, so the ensemble didn't really work like it does for FF6.
>>
File: ff12 sucks meme.png (493 KB, 1293x1728) Image search: [Google]
ff12 sucks meme.png
493 KB, 1293x1728
Daily reminder that FF12 is probably the most mature FF game to date, which is why people hate it. It's not generic and shitty.
>>
Is this translation good?
http://psx-scene.com/forums/f164/ff12-international-zodiac-job-system-english-conversion-62222/
I want that international version
>>
>>334702013
Not like any mainline game since has been better. You aren't missing anything.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.