[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: 1451243739869.jpg (201 KB, 1200x1380) Image search: [Google]
1451243739869.jpg
201 KB, 1200x1380
I'm kinda' in the mood for some Dragon Age, but it was only 6 months since I last played DA1, and considering DA2 is so horrid, DA3 is my only option.

How is it?

How the fuck does this game even work without healers?

Dragon Age thread.
>>
File: 1454156677645.jpg (1 MB, 2624x2104) Image search: [Google]
1454156677645.jpg
1 MB, 2624x2104
Too bad there's no modding the ugly out of Sera.

I know who's getting front-row seats to any suicide missions we may encounter.
>>
File: ScreenshotWin32_0288_Final.jpg (338 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenshotWin32_0288_Final.jpg
338 KB, 1920x1080
Pretty mediocre. The way it works without healers is that your tanks build guard that prevents them from losing hp and then mages can cast barriers on you as well that protect you from incoming damage. Health potions are also something you can replenish at your camps you make throughout each zone.
>>
>>334698813

Too bad about the mediocrity. I so want DA4 to be good, but knowing current-day Bioware I don't think I'm going to be holding my breath for it.

Oh well, DA1 here I come again.
>>
File: 1453051932908.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1924) Image search: [Google]
1453051932908.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1924
>>334699820
It's a shame because they had some good opportunities but went a bit too far in the opposite direction from DA2's negative aspects. You get pretty big zones that just feel bloated with side-quests that don't really add to the zone itself with the exception of Crestwood. A good example of this is that while DA2 will take you around 25-30 hours when completing nearly every side quest the same thing in Inquisition would probably run you 70+ quite easily and probably more. You have a villain who's connected to one of the most important events in the DA universe but the only time you learn more is from a side quest that's only available if you recruit the templars. Doesn't help that the Inquisitor is also much less entertaining than Hawke.

There's more but you get the idea.
>>
>>334700385

Yeah, I guess I'll just go back to DA1 and try for a dwarf again. He was fun last time.

Thanks Anon.
>>
File: 1447657518291.gif (2 MB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
1447657518291.gif
2 MB, 300x199
>>334697276
What the fuck is with all of these dragon age threads lately
This shit died almost in the spot around 1 week after release, and now its all over /v/ again
Are you guys going to release some DLC or fucking what
>>
>>334701657

Really? I haven't seen a DA thread in at least a few months.

I'm sorry my shilling is bothering you so, but if you read the post above yours, you'll realize that I was essentially done with this thread.
>>
>>334700527
>Dorfs
>ever
>>
Have heard nothing positive from my friends that have tried it. Wont know for sure if you try it yourself i guess.

How bad could it possibly be?
>>
>>334702059

According to this thread, pretty abysmal.

And:
>no healers

Instant-dropped.
>>
>>334702059
Gameplay wise it's single player MMORPG. Fetch quests up the ass.

AI is dumb as fuck and you have litte to no control over it besides taking direct control over it. No tactics, if you tell one of them to go somewhere and you let go and it gets there, it ALWAYS goes right in the middle of the fucking fight whether or not it's a ranged fighter.

Characters are uninteresting. All written with gay men or straight women in mind.

I'm too tired to write all the other problems I had but I can tell that once I got to the "ending" I had possibly the biggest buyers remorse ever
>>
If you like games with zero depth, shitty mechanics, bad writing and characters but a fucking ton of vapid, pointless content DA:I is the game for you

Even then you're probably better off with Fallout 4 or Far Cry Primal. They cover all the same points and don't make you fuck about for five hours before the game even gets going
>>
>>334697276
It's shite.

Wouldn't even pirate it, sempai.
>>
>>334698575
Sera is legit cute and I always romance her.
>>
>>334697276

3 is much better than too even though Sera is a terrible person. The combat system has its pro and cons as does the writing.

I say its worth playing.
>>
>>334703685
Stop bullying Sera!
>>
>>334697276
DAI is a terribly written singleplayer MMO. Fetch quests, kill quests, very little story, forgettable characters and nearly no consequences to any of your choices paired with a godawful combat system. Avoid/10.
>>
>>334697276
It's not worth it, if I'm completely honest

You're not missing out on anything, most of the content is not worth doing

The only things going for it is
>another bioware game, which means more of the same staples of their design
>environments are very pretty

... that's it really
>>
>>334703370
She´s lesbian champ. Is even weird as fuck when you play as a girl. Forced homo is just shit writing.
>>
>>334702193

You wont miss healers, but the replacement for them is stupid. I mean, they remove healers and limit potions so you don't have infinite sustain, but you give characters a method of tripling their health every x amount of seconds.

Not to mention you have big enemies at higher levels they refil their guard or barrier at the snap of a finger.

>>334702501
>All written with gay men or straight women in mind.
Not all.
>>
>>334703370
>>334703745
Sara is a crime against humanity
>that shit voice
>that shit personality
>that reliance on constant cursing to cover for the fact that she has no sense of humour
>is an elf
>looks like a frog tried to cure its acne with bleach and a cheese grater
Sometimes, anon, there are times in life where you just have to accept you're wrong and move on
This is one of those times
>>
>>334703745

Everything about her terrible and she's a downgrade compared to Dorian who's also a less entertaining Zevran.
>>
Looks good visually at times. Plays like an MMO. Sidequests are also MMO-tier.
>>
Far better than 2 but not as good as Origins. On the plus side, it has a LOT of content. If you genuinely like the series then it's definitely worth playing.
>>
>>334703685

Oh forgot to mention that it shits on Grey Wardens hard for no real reason.
>>
>>334704036
I think Sera is alright.
I only hated Cole and Vivienne.
Fuck these two.
>>
>>334704036
she and dorian is cool to hang out with tho.
Still waiting to wreck Solas in the next installment

>>334704216
both are manipulators. Fuck vivien being divine
>>
>>334704216
>Cole
What a shitty fucking character. Ugly piece of shit twink faggot with schizophrenia. Bioware is great at making annoying characters.
>>
>>334704216

How can you hate Cole and Vivienne? Cole is just an autist and Vivienne is always willing to give you advice whether you agree or not.

>>334704323
>schizophrenia
Cole doesn't have schizophrenia.
>>
>>334697276
Worse than DAO, much better than DA2. I enjoyed it a lot, so I would recommend.
Unlike DAO it's not very dark and brutal, but rather epic.
Play it, faggot
>>
>>334697276
Pros
Vastly improved combat
Pretty good characters
Pretty good romances
Some truly epic moments like assaulting a certain orders castle
A decent story

Cons
TIME SINK. If you wanna complete even a half of side quests and a few character quests its going to be a 100+ hour playthrough
Quests are mostly absolute crap fetch quests
Story drags on for far too long
Some of the characters like dorian just fall compleetely flat and are terrible
Most of the zones are suffering from empty open world syndrome to some degree
Story doesn't really conclude until you buy the last DLC
>>
>>334704323
>twink faggot
Except he gets a girlfriend in the end while you still don't have one anon :^)
>>
>>334698575
>tfw Sera is the best ranged rogue in the game

End my fucking life
>>
>>334704438
hat waiting time for the warboard mission. Fucking annoying
>>
>>334704216
Cole is shit too, just not as shit as Sera
Viv isn't in the same league as those two but is still bad

>>334704276
>not liking Solas
L I T E R A L L Y the only good supporting character in that game
>>
>>334704634

I still kicked her out.
>>
>>334704708
Naturally
>>
>>334704695
>liking Solas

You didn't finish the game, did you?
>>
>>334704438
>Vastly improved combat
>Pretty good characters
>Pretty good romances
>A decent story

You're fucking retarded. That's not even a matter of opinion. None of those are any good whatsoever.
>>
>>334704934
>implying that this game doesn't have the best combat
I bet you think the combat in one was good didnt you? They still used their fucking D&D engine for christs sake
I won't argue the points since those are SUBJECTIVE not objective. And its okay I get that you don't know what objective means and just picked a random word that looked important. But thats an improper use of objective so in the future don't use a word unless you understand its meaning
>>
>>334705797
You're literally, objectively retarded.

How can 3 have better combat if it doesn't even allow Blood Magic?
>>
>>334706021

Blood Magic is worthless. You have necromancy now that's superior in all phases.
>>
>>334705797
Yes, your subjective opinion can be objectively wrong. The combat is weird 3rd person action style that doesn't work at all. At least Origins had the balls to go with one style and perfect that. Slow, methodical and tactical. DAI's combat is a mix of damage spongy enemies with swings, spells and shots that couldn't feel less weighty if you were throwing pillows. Even Kingdoms of Amalur had a much better action combat system.

All the writing(characters, story, quests) are tumblr fanfic tier. That is objectively bad. Any lit teacher would kick you out of his course if you handed in shit like that.
>>
>>334706171
>necromancy
>not using laser sword and slow-mo sphere

come on, anon
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.