[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so, why did he kill her?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 13
File: 352093-james4.jpg (32 KB, 720x410) Image search: [Google]
352093-james4.jpg
32 KB, 720x410
so, why did he kill her?
>>
Because she wanted to die.
>>
>>334693705
She was a bit too silent to grow his hill.
>>
>>334693705
To keep her from dying duh
>>
>>334693705
The dog made him do it.
>>
>>334693705
The Shiba Inu made him do it
>>
>>334694429
>>334694464
fucking laggy computer I swear to god
>>
that's literally the main theme of the game OP.
he fears he may have killed her because he selfishly wanted to move on rather than end her suffering.
In the good ending he comes to the conclusion that he was just punishing himself, in the bad ending he thinks he really did do it for himself.
>>
>>334693705
He wants to believe he did it to end her suffering but his secret is that he was sick of taking care of her.
>>
>>334694542
The bad ending, and I'm assuming you mean the ending where he drowns himself, is the canon one.
>>
>>334694779
I thought there no canon ending.
>>
>>334694779
no it's not.
everything prior to the end of the game suggests James is done feeling guilty, he even exclaims he's done with it during the 2nd Pyramid Head fight.
The leave ending is the canon one, even if the Water ending is really great.
>>
>>334693705
I don't know why the story to 2 is regarded as best in the series. I say this while considering 2 to be the best in the series.
>>
>>334693705
Because he couldn't have sex with her. Jeez it's as if the blatant Freudian psycho sexual imagery that is so evident in the enemy designs and narrative went right over your head.
>>
>>334697518
>Jeez it's as if the blatant Freudian psycho sexual imagery that is so evident in the enemy designs and narrative went right over your head.

Not that faggot who's name is OP but to be fair when I first played the game I was a young teenager (at least I think I was) and yes that shit went way over my head the first time. Second time to. It wasn't until I read a bit on the game and played a third time did I understand a lot more of the subliminal.
>>
>>334694986
>>334694779
Dog ending is the canon ending.
>>
>>334697118
Because it has an epic twist. But seriously, it's not what's being told, it's how it's being told. In Silent Hill 2 the story isn't presented only in dialogue and character's actions but in level and art design, music, enemy design, even weapons. All these elements exist in a narrative synergy, that's why SH2 is so amazing.
>>
He gave her an STD.

That's why everything is phalic and diseased in the game. Pyramidhead is the embodiment of his own dick.
>>
>>334698216
That's a really bad interpretation of it
If she died from said std why didn't he
>>
>>334698285
He probably had like a month to live, that's why he's acting so suicidal throughout the entire game.
>>
>>334693705
Obviously mental illness or his mind wouldn't have wandered into Silent Hill. He makes a distinction between his wife and his sick wife, as if they were different people, but that's just a deeper indication that he's not alright in the head.
>>
>>334698480
And yet he was healthy enough to run around a town and kill monsters?
>>
>>334698584
He's clearly not healthy... At least mentally.
>>
He thinks he did it to make her stop suffering.

Silent hill thinks he did it because he was selfish

His realisation was it was a bit of both. He couldnt handle her suffering but also couldnt handle the suffering he had
>>
>>334694986
>>334694779
no it is just one of the team their favourite ending. None of them are canon
>>
>>334698285
There is also a scene where pyramid head rapes the dolls. I think it is at least reasonable to assume that James may have sexually assaulted Mary. Also see how her doppelgänger is always killed by Pyramid head?

I also have a theory that Laura is their unborn child, but I think it's more reasonable to see her as a spectre or manifestation of James' psyche.
>>
>>334698960
>I think it is at least reasonable to assume that James may have sexually assaulted Mary.
Fuck no, that's retarded and not reasonable at all. If anything it's a manifestation of James' pent up libido and sexual frustration in general. There is absolutely no indication James raped Mary.
>>
>>334698960
>There is also a scene where pyramid head rapes the dolls.
technically he doesn't.
Silent Hill's whole horror philosophy is to suggest horrific things rather than show them outright, the brain fills in the rest.
Pyramid Head is actually just shaking them in a sexually suggestive way.

I don't think James is they type of guy to sexually assault Mary.
The sexual nature of Pyramid Heads attacks is to suggest that James is sexually repressed, he wants to get on with his life and fuck women but he's morally tied to a dying woman.
>Also see how her doppelgänger is always killed by Pyramid head?
that's because James killed Mary...
>I also have a theory that Laura is their unborn child
now you're spinning some bullshit.
She's not a specter either.
If anything James is more of a specter, because he's the only one interacting with the manifestations of the town.
>>
>>334699196
>Also see how her doppelgänger is always killed by Pyramid head?
>that's because James killed Mary...

That's exactly my point. If Pyramid Head's actions can be tied to James, and if the dolls are as much a manifestation of Mary as the doppelgänger is, that means to me he assaulted her.

But this is all my head cannon. A game with multiple endings and red herrings as Silent Hill 2 can never have a concrete backstory.
>>
>>334699448
>if the dolls are as much a manifestation of Mary
what implies this?
The dolls are representative of the female form's importance to James.
Notice how they have no head or face?
They're just legs to him.
If you believe that James really was selfish in his mercy killing, then the dolls represent how the monster inside him is only seeing women for those he wants to fuck as opposed to the woman he loves.

The doppelganger is not a direct representation of Mary, she different which freaks James the fuck out.
Mary was nicer, Maria is loud and in his face.
Seeing the face of a loved one who acts like a complete different person is fucking scary.
Also notice how if you get the good ending the final boss is Maria but if you get the bad ending the final boss is Mary.
>But this is all my head cannon. A game with multiple endings and red herrings as Silent Hill 2 can never have a concrete backstory.
it has a pretty solid story, a lot of the stuff you're mentioning seems to be out of no where (I have NEVER heard anyone else assume Laura was an unborn child of James).

There is room for interpretation in a lot of the game, but a lot of your headcanon is really reaching.
>>
>>334693705
He was horny.
>>
devs already announced that Dog/UFO ending is the canon ending to all Silent Hill just to shut everyone up and let them decide for themselves.
>>
His ochinchin got doki doki but she's not daijoubu so they can't do the kimochi.
he got depressed and started lusting over the hospital nurses zettai ryouiki
>>
Thanks for the spoiler cunt!
The game was just released.
>>
The 4th game confirms he disappeared in Silent Hill
>>
>>334694779
Just because SH4 mentions that he disappeared doesn't mean In Water is cannon, just that his uncle never saw him again. Any ending can be cannon, this has been stated numerous times.

Aside from Dog Ending, of course.
>>
File: SH PC Guide - Jan 2016_SML.png (2 MB, 1300x3453) Image search: [Google]
SH PC Guide - Jan 2016_SML.png
2 MB, 1300x3453
SH DL LINK + SH PC GUIDE TIME!

SH1 NTSC DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

And in case someone's once again new to this PC gaming stuff: Use a program like DaemonTools Lite to mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" fix works as a no-cd crack as well, and is included in the pack.

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.
>>
>>334702705
Is that you SIlent Hill Anon? Come over to /tv/ more often bro, we had a great thread like a week ago
>>
>>334702568
>uncle
That's his father m8.
>>
File: 30258106_p6.jpg (294 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
30258106_p6.jpg
294 KB, 600x800
>>334698653
You've got it mixed around. Silent Hill doesn't really have a strong, independent will of its own. James repressed his memories of killing Mary because he had convinced himself his reasons for killing here were selfish. Silent Hill just reflects the inner feelings of those who enter, often correlating to their sins or fears. Eddie thought he was being made fun of, Angela thought she was in Hell because that was what her life had been and James was being pursued and punished because he believed that's what he deserved.

In the endings he either resolves that while his actions were fueled partially by selfish desires, he also hated seeing Mary suffer and had genuinely loved her, or he accepts that his actions were fueled by a growing hatred and desire to move on.
>>
>>334693705
Simple. Compassional Fatigue Syndrome.

This is usually cost by taking care of someone with a deteriorating condition for a very long period of time. also compounded by the fact that the sick person usually lashes out to the person who has CFS.
>>
DOG ENDING IS CANON
>>
>>334698285
It's bioengineered STD that targets only specific people.
>>
>>334699732
>Also notice how if you get the good ending the final boss is Maria but if you get the bad ending the final boss is Mary.
Can you elaborate on that? I just got the "leave" ending and I think that the boss was Maria, not Mary.
>>
>>334702705
You might want to add joytokey or some similar program to that pasta as SH2 has problems with 360 controllers unless you use it. The triggers and the right stick don't get recognized.
>>
>>334699196

>le peenus didn't go into le vaginer
>he's just shaking them in a sexually suggestive way

It's a rape scene. They couldn't show it because the entire world would shit on them and censor it, but it is clearly meant to be a rape scene.
>>
>>334703907
>le
get out, your kind isn't welcome in these threads.
>>
He just got incredibly sick of having to constantly take care of a dying person that could've kicked the bucket any day. Instead of dealing with it for any longer, he just ended it there and then.
Then Silent Hill called to him and made him relive his sins.
>>
>>334703960

>I have no argument so I will nitpick something about his post; the post

OK. Go shake someone in a sexually suggestive way
>>
More like how did he get her body out of the hospital and into his car..... stupid game
>>
It was a pillow fight gone deadly
>>
File: 1454003825119.jpg (244 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1454003825119.jpg
244 KB, 900x900
>>334704027
>nitpick
shitposting doesn't belong here, go back to /tv/ or your some other shitty thread.

You already got the explanation that Silent Hill uses suggestion throughout the series, and if you watch the cutscene you'll notice PH isn't even thrusting.

But regardless of opinions and arguments fuck off with your shitposting.
>>
>>334703756
>The triggers and the right stick don't get recognized.

SH3 doesn't recognize the triggers either.
>>
>>334704143
>how did he get her body out of the hospital
He didn't, Mary got sent home and he killed her there. It's as if you didn't even play the game.
>>
>>334704170

>He's not thrusting so the scene isn't rape

You REALLY are this mentally retarded? Jesus. It's like a new special kind of retarded. Like a unique, once in a century discovery.
>>
>>334704382
again, why do you think you belong in this thread?
>>
>>334704268
With the program I mentioned you can make so that pressing them makes the game think you pressed a keyboard key. Also IIRC the dpad didn't work either. The only thing that I found annoying while playing with that setup is that I had no back/cancel key assigned to the joystick, so I had to press the "esc" key pretty often, eg, when combining items or when I fucked up riddles.
>>
>>334704417

>I STILL can't back up my ridiculous claim that PH is not raping anyone and just SHAKING them in a "sexually suggestive" way, so I will try to attack the guy telling him he """"doesn't belong"""" in this thread because he wrote "le" 2 times

Watch out now, you might die of idiocy.
>>
>he actually picked up the doll left by Walter Sullivan
>>
>>334704523
again, why do you think you belong here?
SH threads shouldn't be infected with shitposting and derailing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zlo46noeBI
here, I know you won't bother to play the game so I made it easy for you.
>>
>>334704467
>With the program I mentioned you can make so that pressing them makes the game think you pressed a keyboard key.

yeah I know and I had to use, I had no issue with the D-pad though.
>>
>>334704619

You made a retarded claim. Since you can't back it up you'll just spout the same shit over over and over. Every SH2 player and their mother and every youtuber and their whole youtube audience will tell you that was a fucking rape scene. It's not our fault that your brain is missing this many neurons.

Now tell me I don't """""belong""""" in this thread again. As if I needed to """""""b e l o n g """"""" in a thread in order to post in it.

How can someone be so fucking stupid. It's actually kind of disturbing
>>
Can someone refresh my memory on sh1 and 3 a stories?
I remember having a hard time understanding the reasons for Heather and Harrie being there.
>>
File: 1435520154977.png (45 KB, 134x178) Image search: [Google]
1435520154977.png
45 KB, 134x178
>>334704909
>literally admitting he gets his opinions from "youtubers"
>wonders why someone would say he doesn't belong here
>>
>>334704909
>Every SH2 player and their mother and every youtuber and their whole youtube audience
Really now.
>>
>>334705002

Tell me exactly at which point I said I get my fucking opinions from youtubers. Please go ahead and quote me, dumb motherfucker.

I see now that you're just baiting, and you were succesful. No one in their right mind can even begin to deny that's a fucking rape scene. So you just baited away for days until someone was actually bothered by such a retarded claim. Pitiful, really, how you would occupy your time by trying to bait people in an indian tapestry tips exchange forum. If a couple of (you)s were what you desired, you got that. I'm glad no one actually thinks that PH was "shaking them in a sexually suggestive way". I'm glad no one is actually that retarded, so you being exposed as a cheap troll is kinda relieving.
>>
>>334704909
Honestly mate, since there wasn't anything really clear with that scene it really is up to interpretation what it was actually about. As another anon put it, the whole game is about filling in the blanks and what our mind makes us believe.

Also if you honestly never played this game and you have no notion to even play it, you do not belong in this thread. Be realistic here.
>>
>>334693705
Because she wouldn't make a sandwich.
>>
>>334705305
how much of this is pasta?
>>
File: 1460378963175.png (2 MB, 1000x967) Image search: [Google]
1460378963175.png
2 MB, 1000x967
Hai guize, did you know PH didn't actually rape anyone in silent hill 2? He was just shaking them in a sexually suggestive way! Silly theorycrafters!
>>
>>334705305
it may be a rape scene but that does not in any way indicate that james ever raped mary, the fact that you even entertain that idea is enough for you to deserve trolling

that and you actually use youtubers as an argument point, faggot
>>
>>334705387

>If you actually never played

What makes you think this? What makes you think I haven't completed this game 5 times, and even though that's not much, it's enough for me to see how retarded the other anon is?

Has he blinded you with his cheap baits?
>>
File: orson.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
orson.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>334705305
fuck off
>>
>>334705449
why do you want to ruin Silent Hill threads?
Just shitpost in an e-celeb or SJW thread like you usually do.
>>
>>334705536

At no point in my fucking 10 posts I mentioned that James rapes Mary. Get some m o t h e r f u c k i n g reading comprehension before you attempt to discuss something.

>it may be a rape

Oh now we're backpedaling aren't we? PH raped the fucking monsters and you're a retard.
>>
File: 41534263_p13.jpg (368 KB, 800x506) Image search: [Google]
41534263_p13.jpg
368 KB, 800x506
>>334698960
>There is also a scene where pyramid head rapes the dolls. I think it is at least reasonable to assume that James may have sexually assaulted Mary. Also see how her doppelgänger is always killed by Pyramid head?

Factually wrong. Pyramid Head represents two things: James sexual repression and his desire to be punished for what he did.

In all the time that Mary was ill, James and Mary were unable to have sex. James was still a faithful man but his wife was in the hospital for years. The entire game revolves around James' shame and guilt because he believes his decision to kill Mary was influenced by a desire as base as not being able to have sex. He wanted to be with a healthy, happy woman. Every enemy in the game is influenced in this way, a meld between hospitals and sexual elements because this was what James' life revolved around. Besides Pyramid Head roughing up some of the monsters there is nothing to suggest that James ever raped Mary - and considering how blatant they were with the fact that Angela, a teenage girl, was raped her entire life by her father I don't think they would have shied away from showing that James had raped Mary - if he had.

Fact is, James never assaulted Mary. He's just not that kind of person. He feels he should be punished because he believes his decision to kill her was influenced by the lack of physical intimacy in their relationship (because it was literally impossible once Mary became ill). Pyramid Head is a proxy for James, which is why he kills Maria; it's replaying over and over again what he did to his wife because he HAS to remember.

Laura is also definitely not their child. Again an absolutely baseless theory that doesn't even make sense within the game's time frame.
>>
>>334705551

>Assumptions

You will do everything possible to deflect the fact that you're so fucking stupid it hurts to talk to you, won't you?

My experience from playing the game (and not youtubers) TELLS ME that Pyramid head raped those monsters and you are stupid as shit. <---- My point
>>
>>334705647
>There is also a scene where pyramid head rapes the dolls. I think it is at least reasonable to assume that James may have sexually assaulted Mary. Also see how her doppelgänger is always killed by Pyramid head?

>That's exactly my point. If Pyramid Head's actions can be tied to James, and if the dolls are as much a manifestation of Mary as the doppelgänger is, that means to me he assaulted her.

who's back pedaling now?
>>
>>334705545
it shouldn't matter about who is right, you're the one shitposting in a perfectly good Silent Hill thread. Why do you think we want that here?
Using opinions of youtubers as an argument is fucking stupid. Why would you think that would carry any weight?

If it was supposed to be explicitly rape they would have positioned the camera so you don't see the pelvis, suggesting that there is literally a penis there.
It wasn't though, because the whole design philosophy of this franchise is to show something harmless that suggests something far more disturbing.
The fact that you don't understand this makes it pretty clear you've hardly played any of the games if any.
>>
>>334705768

That's not even my post, fucking retard. You got mixed up. My point was, is, and will be: Pyramid head raped THE MONSTERS

That's literally it. If you can't fucking comprehend that then I'm sorry for you. The guy that said James raped Mary probably left the thread in agony when he read your stupid shit
>>
File: 1437963947046.jpg (32 KB, 447x456) Image search: [Google]
1437963947046.jpg
32 KB, 447x456
>>334705734
why do you think the opinion of youtubers reinforces anything?
Youtube is an echo chamber, half of those people formed that opinion based on another youtuber who based it on another youtubers who based it off whatever some guy wrote on the Silent Hill wiki.

regardless of who is right or wrong you're the shitposter so fuck off.
>>
>>334705787

>Using opinions of youtubers as an argument

I'm done. Good job, you succesfully baited me. Really subtle, high quality bait. I should take notes for when I try to troll someone in the future.
>>
>>334705885
Are you a fat tumblrina by any chance? Because only that type of person would equate manhandling with rape.
>>
>>334705961
good, leave.
no one needs your shitpost culture here.
>>
File: disnigga.jpg (74 KB, 602x629) Image search: [Google]
disnigga.jpg
74 KB, 602x629
>>334705885
> writing style is the same
> theory is the same
> THATS NOT MY POST!!!

the whole argument started because you implied that pyramid head raped the monsters means he raped mary. it evolved from people saying you were retarded for thinking james raped mary to bringing up the point that pyramid head wasn't technically raping the monsters and that its all suggestive.
>>
>>334705928

>Mention youtubers one time in one post
>Everyone thinks i get 120% of my info and opinions from youtubers, forever, and that I haven't played the game

Ok. Take this shitposting you retarded faggots. Kill yourselves
>>
>>334706034

It's not the same writing style cause It's not the same guy. I'm far more aggresive because I got no patience for stupid shit. let him show up and prove you wrong, and if he doesn't, use that as an argument even though is wrong and cling to that; it's the only thing that'll bring you comfort.

Read this: Pyramid head raped the monsters and you are stupid as shit.
>>
>>334706048
Even if you don't take your opinions from youtubers your post was fucking retarded.
>Lot of people think this way so it must be correct!
>>
>SH3 crashes as soon as I press * for activating the fov tool
Ebin.
>>
>>334706189
>It's not the same writing style
>ends every post with "oh my god you people are so dumb"
>thinks everyone should logically agree with you
nah.
>>
File: 1367560207935.png (47 KB, 159x171) Image search: [Google]
1367560207935.png
47 KB, 159x171
>>334705885
Pyramid Head simulated raping the monsters. Pretty sure James would have been far more disturbed if he'd watched a monster bust a nut inside another monster.

The Pyramid Head "rape" scene is probably one of the least important scenes pertaining to what he actually represents, though. So I don't get why the fuck people are arguing about whether it was real or not.
>>
>>334706356
pretty much.
James is as confused as the player should be, he's not seeing a floppy big pale cock thrust into a manequin, he doesn't even know what he's seeing.

If they wanted it to be a literal physical rape they would have just cut off the midsection on screen to make it abundantly clear "sex stuff is going on down there".
The other guy is clearly just regurgitating what it's popularly known by on youtube "that rape scene in SH2".
>>
>>334706356
rape is the new buzz people just can't stop talking about it.
>>
File: image.jpg (680 KB, 1351x2082) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
680 KB, 1351x2082
>>334705449
>literal sockpuppet post
Holy shit are you a sad human being.
>>
>>334705449
>>334705551
I HATE IT WHEN YOU GUYS FIGHT! I'M GOING TO GRANS HOUSE
>>
>>334703756
>>334704268
That "issue" is simply because the whole Xinput format did not even exist when these games came out.

Use a DirectInput gamepad, or just play with KB+M.
>>
>>334709363
I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure I've played SH2 and 3 on PC with a 360 pad without using remapping software.
Does SH2proxy include xinput mappings per chance?
>>
>>334709363
>Use a DirectInput gamepad, or just play with KB+M.
Or, I could just use the program I mentioned and play the game with the exact same controls as the console versions.
>>
>>334706334
Nevermind I fixed it :^) :^)
By following some faggot youtuber's instructions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5f77r1CWSE
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.