[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smash hit, universally adored games that people pretend weren't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: DonkeyKong64CoverArt.jpg (30 KB, 382x260) Image search: [Google]
DonkeyKong64CoverArt.jpg
30 KB, 382x260
Smash hit, universally adored games that people pretend weren't popular because memes.
>>
>>334687965
The pre-Shadow 3D Sonic games
>>
>>334687965
Shit, I remember playing the hell out of this on my see through green N64.
>>
Massive commercial failure which cost Rare millions to put out, put the final nail in their relationship with Nintendo, killed the franchise for a decade and arguably ended the collect-a-thon/Super Mario 64 ripoff genre.
>>
>>334689092
Pre shadow meaning??? Adevnture, Jam, and 3d Blast?
>>
>>334690957
>Massive commercial failure
It sold well, the fiance issues came from having to include the Expansion Pak with every copy of the game.
>>
>>334691035
No, pre-shadow the hedgehog you fucking idiot
Adventure / 2 and heroes
>>
>>334687965
It's good, the final boss is fucking great though
>>
>>334691164
You mean long and annoying, right? And of course they had to put the segment with completely nonsensical timing last.
>>
>>334691035
The 3D games that came out before Shadow the Hedgehog's game did
>>
>>334687965
I hear the emulated version is ass, maybe that has something to do with why people hate it
>>
>>334691240

at the time of release, having played Jet Force Gemini just before DK64 was released, K. Rool was nothing compared to Mizar
>>
>>334687965
As someone who 101%'d the game as a kid, I bought it on Wii U VC and have to say that it's been a thoroughly meh experience. I respect that people like it and possibly even love it, but at best, I found it pretty mediocre. I will say it's a special kind of therapeutic boring though, like Minecraft. You just zone out and collect all the different color shit and it's pretty relaxing. I think I got to Crystal Coconut caves before putting it down.
>>
>you have to collect bananas so you can feed a hippo standing on a scale that will gradually lift up a pig until it can reach the key in the big door and unlock the next level

Why doesn't this game get more shit for not even ATTEMPTING to create a coherent world? Everyone bitched about how DKC3 wasn't as "gritty" as the first two yet no one complains about this shit.
>>
>>334692035
>you have to collect bananas so you can feed a hippo standing on a scale that will gradually lift up a pig until it can reach the key in the big door and unlock the next level
Who comes up with this shit? it's amazing
>>
>>334689092
SA2 was the pinnacle of 3D sonic, Heroes was the beginning of the end
>>
DK64 is the pinnacle of the series.
>>
>>334689092
>>334693339
But both Sonic Colors and Generations are very good 3D Sonic games.
>>
>>334693339
>SA2 was the pinnacle of 3D sonic
That's not Heroes. Mystic Mansion.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.