[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How big/long is Dark Souls 3 compared to 2 and 1?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4
File: dark-souls-3-screenshot-12.0.jpg (2 MB, 5760x3240) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-3-screenshot-12.0.jpg
2 MB, 5760x3240
How big/long is Dark Souls 3 compared to 2 and 1?
>>
DaS3 speed runs are shaping up to be less than an hour long.
>>
>>334684804
it feels a lot smaller, but that might just be because i beat it much faster due to experience or that the DLC's for the first two added so much to those games.
>>
more than ds1, less than ds2
>>
shorter than ds2
>>
i completed the game twice yesterday but i was just running to bosses to get ng++

it feels the shortest of all souls games.
>>
>>334684804
it took me hella long to beat by comparison

dont listen to these speedrun autists, just exploiting and dashing through the entire game isnt the same as actually playing through it
>>
It took me 20 hours to get end credits.
>>
It's the second longest of the five games.
>>
>>334684984
>>334685024
I take it that you include DLC with this right?
>>
i played without spoilers and in 25h i completed the game and looked up if i had missed any bosses or zones, and i hadn't. It was kinda dissapointing since in the previous games there was always some secret area i hadn't found by myself.
>>
Stuck on the ice guy in Undead settlement after you go down the elevator.

Fucker attacks me through pillars, how is this fair?
>>
it took me about 40-45 hours but I did a lot of coop and pvp
>>
>>334685383
Sprint behind him and open up the door

Cheese him from the bonfire
>>
>>334685383
second hardest boss i've fought to be honest
>>
People say it can be done in an hour by speedrunners but that's only because if you kill Maria then you cut out a good half of the game.
>>
>>334685370
How'd you know to do the dragon pose in Irithyll Dungeon?
>>
>>334686262
That's about the same time as 1/2 speedruns, it doesn't say much about the actial length.
>>
>>334685383
Lure him back to the elevator hole. It's Sinner's Rise all over again.
>>
>>334684804
The world is more linear (there's no interconnections like in DaS1, or very few) but all the areas are amazing and there isn't a single location that feels like a chore. The level design is amazing however and the game is paced well
I think it's about 30 hours on the first playthrough if you don't skip anything and don't rush.
>>
guys I can speed run chess with me friend in literally 4 seconds fucking garbage game

also how do I stop getting rekt by the greatsword knights in the cathedral? they are bigger and desu smarter than me
>>
about 25 hours on my first playthrough, didn't really find everything, though

it was about the same length as DS1 and BB for me on a first playthrough. DS2 was definitely the longest out of all the games and DeS was easily the shortest with the first playthrough being slightly shy of 15 hours
>>
>>334686954

parry or roll towards them and hit them

don't get greedy and go for just one or two hits. this is unless you have a long sword or something and just stun rape him with the R1
>>
Probably about the same as 1, it only feels shorter because you have gotten used to how these games play
>>
Shortest in series.
>>
>>334685383
roll through attacks and rape his asshole m8
>>
>>334686336

You see dragons doing the pose and there's a carpet there. Are people braindead nowadays?
>>
all optional areas and the end boss took me 24 hours with very little summoning and maybe 2 hours spent pvping.
>>
>>334685364
No it was shorter than base ds2, which is fine because I found ds2 to be rather bloated and filled with filler.
>>
Took me 40 hours to complete the game and I explored pretty much every nook and cranny.
>>
>>334684804
I cant even start the third one despite playing both 1-2 on max graphical settings.
>>
>>334684804
It's hard to say since my first time playing all the previous games have been on console but it feels like this one was the longest of the bunch. If you are exploring/enjoying yourself it will log you in with a lot of time but if you are just rushing through to the end it is really short.
>>
>>334684804
Depends how much you die, 15-35 hours
>>
I'm running around on the roofs of the great library, am i close to the end ? I never fully entered the gardens after seeing what was in the first "area", plan to go back later
>>
>>334685383
you fight about 4 more of those fuckers throughout the course of the game. He's still a bastard every time.
>>
>>334687951
other than the one at the bottom of the elevator and the one in the archives where are the other two?
>>
>>334687916
You mean grand archives? Pretty close, after you defeat the boss of that area you can go to the final boss
>>
>>334684804
not big I complete it in around 20 hours blind without using guides or help.
>>
>>334687424
you're a fuckin liar anon.
>>
>>334688187
well fuck, okay then
i still have the fabled dragon's peak to do first
>>
>>334687916
2 mandatory bosses to go.
>>
>>334687676
1 and 2 are also PS3 games, this is a PS4 game. It's not surprising you could max out the last 2, literally anyone could.
>>
>>334686523
A speedrun is a speedrun. You can't say it's only a half
>>
>>334688319
You don't have to go to ng+ as soon as you beat the game, so you can go straight to the final boss and still do optional areas after that
>>
>>334686262
Maria?
>>
>>334688494
Tj "henry" yoshi. Go to bed, if I count the entire marathon than you are right, however if I count a single run within that marathon, only taking into consideration the run at hand, only half of the speed run is recorded.
>>
>>334684804

It took me just shy of 35 hours to beat the final boss, explored quite thoroughly, nothing was so difficult that it stopped me for more than about 20min, sometimes went back to old zones to check things or to reexplore, had about 2-3 hours of afk time, after I finished the final boss I learnt of the dragon area, so I'm there now infront of the nameless king, at 38 hours, so i'm pretty happy with the length.
>>
>>334686849
This.
The level and world design is seriously the best its ever been. There aren't a shit ton of zones, but each zone is massive and full of complex shit. On top of that, the sense of scale in the game is amazing. You really feel like you spend 20 hours walking down and exploring the rest of the world when you leave the undead settlement or at least I did. Sure its probably a ~30 hour game but it feels like one massive adventure, very similar to Ds1 but better in that regard imo
>>
>>334686849

>there isn't a single location that feels like a chore

Try jumping down the bridge before Wolnir.
>>
>>334686849
easily more then 30 hours if you do some online.

I have never played a souls game from beginning to the end without some PvP.

Currently at 50 hours and still not finished.
>>
File: onislayer_greatbow.png (13 KB, 188x290) Image search: [Google]
onislayer_greatbow.png
13 KB, 188x290
>>334685383

When you got a bow, you basically can kill anything except the bosses.

Shoot, Run, Repeat.
>>
>>334690334
I'll probably need 40,000 arrows, I don't have high enough stats for a bow.
>>
Poison and run.

Goodbye PvE
>>
>>334686849
Smouldering lake.
>>
>>334684804
took me 25 hours to explore everything and kill all the bosses, seemed short compared to the others
>>
I have 56 hours in and havent finished the game yet, half of it just fucking around at low level PvP
>>
After about 15 hours I'm near the end of Cathedral of the Deep.
>>
Took me about 50 hours without a guide and a bit of fucking around in the wolf covenant for a short while.
>>
Dark Souls 1 was a good length because while
it had a sizable amount of zones, it had some very challenging bosses for each one, along with very hard enemies too boot. Dark Souls 1 also had some of the most well designed zones, with massive amounts of space for you to explore.

Dark Souls 2 was a pretty long game due to how many areas there we're, and how many bosses complimented those area's. Dark Souls 2 was very linear, but there was so much content there that it took a long time to get through it all.

Dark Souls 3, is overall shorter from Dark Souls 2, but that's because the area's are just as well crafted, and the bosses get exponentially harder as the game goes on. It's mostly linear like dark souls 2, bu the game is overall a little easier then the previous 2 games, and because of this, it's the shortest in the series, but not the worst.
>>
>>334688289
Not that guy, but I came so damn close to figuring it out my own. I did the wrong fucking pose, m8. I would've shit myself if I found out myself..
>>
File: 1286828355483.png (135 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1286828355483.png
135 KB, 400x400
>>334688289
I assumed this as well, a friend ended up telling me, but I probably would have guessed it anyways.
>>
>>334684804
World in itself is smaller and more compact. its a more dense world.
>>
How's the gameplay compared to 2 and 1?
>>
>>334693076
It's a mix. It has the tightness, or say accuracy of 1 with the fluidity of 2. It feels really good.
>>
My playthrough ended at 32 hours, I spent a lot of time PvPing and playing as a phantom though.
>>
>>334684804
It definitely feels very short on a second run

DaS 3 has the least bosses out of any game in the series I think, and it´s extremely linear compared to the other games too

Multiple playthroughs get very boring very quickly, atleast IMO

DaS 3 is the first game in the series where I actually like it less the more I play it, which is the exact opposite to what happened with all the other games for me, even with DaS 2
>>
>>334686849
>>334689318
>Catacombs
>Smouldering lake
They are grey and boring
They could literally be generated procedurally and noone would notice
>>
>>334694321
The area outside of the Cathedral of the Deep is horrible too

Not only does it look like one big grey pile of shit, but the entire area is full of these DaS1 hollows that don´t do shit but block your way

Has anyone actually fought any of those niggers after they got through that area for the first time?
>>
>>334686336
>>334688289
> haven't made it to Irithyl yet
> know nothing about performing dragon pose
> read this thread and now I know.
>>
Vanilla first playthough length:

>DeS - 35 hrs (it was my first)
>DS - 50 hrs
>DS2 - 55 hrs
>BB - 38
>DS3 - 32

I did a blind playthrough of DS3 just until I arrived at the end boss just so I could know what areas I missed.
>>
>>334694135
This. My first playthrough was great but now the game is missing something.
>>
The longsword was a mistake
>>
>>334684804
Well, going by the speedrun record, it's about the same, and this is without dlc. Of course as shit gets buffed/nerfed and dlc gets added that time will change.

As a casual playthrough, it feels shorter to be honest. Dark souls takes me about 6 or 7 hours and that's knowing the layout and item locations. My second playthrough of 3 is at that point in terms of hours, and that's picking up every item. Hopefully if feels meatier with the DLC. How many will it be, any word?
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.