[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just finished KOTOR, /v/, and I'm about to start the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (158 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
158 KB, 1920x1080
So I just finished KOTOR, /v/, and I'm about to start the second one now.
Is it better?
Is it worse?
Is it fun?
What's different?
Do I have to spend 4 hours slugging through a pain in the ass first world before getting to the guts of the game?
Any tips?

General KOTOR thread as well, I guess.
>>
>>334674615
b-bump
>>
>>334674615
just play it
>>
>>334674615
>Do I have to spend 4 hours slugging through a pain in the ass first world before getting to the guts of the game?

yuuup
>>
>>334674615
>Do I have to spend 4 hours slugging through a pain in the ass first world before getting to the guts of the game?
Of course anon.
Its better in my opinion. Better story better companions and better setting.
>>
>>334674615
It's better in most departments
Yes
>>
>>334674615
Expect 2-3 hours of soloing before you actually get your first party member. The second planet is a hit or a miss for some.

Get the Restored Content Mod. Vanilla game is too short with a rushed ending.
>>
>>334674615
some think it's better, some think it's worse

I personally enjoyed the first game more, because it more adequately featured the vibe I loved about Star Wars. In many ways, it felt like a true sequel to the original trilogy, even though it was set in an entirely different timeline.

KOTOR 2 is doing a Dune Messiah, where it puts most of its efforts in deconstructing the universe, sometimes to an annoying degree, because it often seems to preach directly to its fans for enjoying the series (which it is, and I don't think it was very clever about it).

In terms of gameplay, it's very similar, since they gave Obsidian very little time to make it, so you're mostly going to play it for the story.
>>
>>334674615
Just remember that Kreia a shit
>>
KOTOR 1 - Gameplay

KOTOR 2 - Writing
>>
>>334674615
>Is it better?
Mostly, yes.
>Is it worse?
Some bits are worse. For one, KotOR2 is pretty gloomy and can get downright despressing at times.
>Is it fun?
Yes, more than KotOR1.
>What's different?
Level cap is 50, there are more feats and Force powers, you can take prestige classes, your companions can take multiple classes when certain conditions are met, upgrading your stuff is more complex and fun, pazaak is more complex and fun (and you don't have to wait 2 seconds before a new card is dealt), swoop racing adds a couple new mechanics, dialogues are better.
Only if you suck.
>Any tips?
A few things.
- Prologue sequence has a few quests that will ask you to spend things like computer spikes and repair parts. Don't bother with that; just grap as much stuff as you can and go back to starting point to skip the prologue. That way, the stuff you collected will carry over to MC's inventory.
- When you play as a droid on the first planet, don't kill any enemies because MC won't receive XP for them. Avoid them instead, MC will go there later.
- Prestige classes can be taken starting level 15. As soon as you reach it, talk to Kreia and pick your class for an instant level-up. (You'll also need a filled out light side/dark side bar for that, so be prepared.)
>>
>>334674615
>Do I have to spend 4 hours slugging through before getting to the guts of the game
Yes. Except longer this time.
>Is it better
That's debatable. There's a LOOOOOOOOT of cut content that, without it, the game barely makes sense sometimes. You can watch the cut content on YouTube, or get it through mods.
>Is it worse
Debatable
>Is it fun
Oooooh yeas
>What's different
The companion system, which includes building relationships, romancing multiple companions, and being able to turn most of your crew into Jedi.
It's also a helluva lot darker
>>
>>334677246
KOTOR 2 is the same gameplay but improved a bit though
>>
>>334678097
No, KotOR 2 just added more shit and made the gameplay easier. I can run through a game in KotOR 1 focusing on gameplay and have fun by playing with the mechanics and making builds. KotOR 2 is just really easy, and putting any actual effort into the gameplay feels worthless because there's no payoff because the game's so easy.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.