[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were adventure games merely the walking simulators of their time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: PQ1VGA_BoxArt_620x784.jpg (87 KB, 620x784) Image search: [Google]
PQ1VGA_BoxArt_620x784.jpg
87 KB, 620x784
Were adventure games merely the walking simulators of their time?
>>
only young dipshits would even suggest that, OP
>>
>>334664969

Close, but I think you're not giving adventure games enough credit.

For starters, most adventure game were 3rd person. So you have a fully animated, interactive character. More than you can say for a walking simulator (first person, no character).

Second the variety of different places you could go to. Most walking simulators are limited to one or two isolated places right?
>>
File: riven box art.jpg (82 KB, 399x458) Image search: [Google]
riven box art.jpg
82 KB, 399x458
adventure game have puzzles and require brainwork to complete, so no.
>>
Adventure games has puzzles and interactions so no
>>
>>334665909
walking simulators have those too
>>
No. Walking simulators can only be developed by SJWs or Sony.
>>
File: Syberia_Coverart.png (360 KB, 512x370) Image search: [Google]
Syberia_Coverart.png
360 KB, 512x370
>>334667428
>walking simulators
>puzzles
Suuuuuuure.
>>
imagine a modern version of Police Quest
>>
>>334667934
I'd rather not.
>>
>>334667934
>You can only progress if you go directly against proper police procedure and the only viable playthrough is corrupt
>every puzzle involves harassing minorities
>instead of busting the Death Angel and breaking up the drug ring you just shoot Travyon and dance on his corpse with your fellow white cishitlord officers
>>
>>334668223
Most obvious reverse troll ever.
>>
>games will never ship with 20 page blank journals for you to write down notes and doodles in to help you solve the game.
>>
>>334668962
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1INKH_iBak8

TWO

MONTHS
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.