[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone playing any good survival games? I just want to find something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6
File: ass.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ass.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Anyone playing any good survival games? I just want to find something where I can zone out (with my bone out)/gather resources and build stuff.

I've played ARK but was turned off by the PVP aspect of it.

I've played Dayz, like the interactions with other players, but 90% of the time I usually just get shot.
>>
File: fkYaYEr.jpg (33 KB, 365x500) Image search: [Google]
fkYaYEr.jpg
33 KB, 365x500
I know everyone just wants to talk about Dark Souls right now, but since I just beat it I need something else to latch onto.
>>
I am hopeful for Rust's XP system
>>
>>334664578
>gather resources and build stuff
tried Factorio Yet?
It's a good game to just gather resources and build stuff.
>>
File: Steve-Buscemi-Facelift-81884.jpg (429 KB, 922x1300) Image search: [Google]
Steve-Buscemi-Facelift-81884.jpg
429 KB, 922x1300
>>334664767
Didn't Rust get some hair-brained new gender system that picks your sex based on steam-id?

Other than that, how's the building part of the game?

>>334664891
That's the one where it's literally just a factory line simulator, right?
>>
>>334664962
>That's the one
yep~
you can basically just lay down and watch the number rise.
>>
File: dXX7JFq.jpg (371 KB, 1264x1720) Image search: [Google]
dXX7JFq.jpg
371 KB, 1264x1720
>>334664891
>>334665287

Just checked out Factorio, kinda looking for more of single character perspective, rather than a top-down one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVvXv1Z6EY8

I know there's a lot of knock off shitty versions of Dayz out there. A lot of these games also require a community to give the game that "pop" that it needs.
>>
>>334664962
I believe it just randomizes your race, I don't think there are female characters. Rust Factions has people building functional cities, it needs work but has potential
>>
File: assm.jpg (576 KB, 1800x2156) Image search: [Google]
assm.jpg
576 KB, 1800x2156
>>334664767

Might try to find a Rust role-play server, and pretend to be a sassy black woman.
>>
File: ass2.jpg (31 KB, 564x350) Image search: [Google]
ass2.jpg
31 KB, 564x350
>>334665732
I've seen a bit of Rust pvp, but I'm wondering if there's anything challenging for high level PVE. Like once you get to Guns and what-not, a group of bears should be no problem.

At least one good thing about ARK is even at higher levels, you can be challenged by the Dinos.
>>
>>334665979
PvE is pretty simple, there are PvE servers I haven't checked out. Most servers are KoS so PvP is a huge part. Rust Factions restricts PvP to zones where the most resources spawn
>>
>>334664578
Let me guide your lost soul with my shitty taste
Neo scavenger is really good
Modded fallout new Vegas for apocalyptic setting survival
Salt is kinda good but its early access
Banished is kinda survival and its good for comfy world simulator too
Don't starve is good especially if you enjoy dying a lot
The long dark is comfy and good but the fucking wolves are either mediocre NPCs that you rarely see or your worst nightmare thanks to unbalanced difficultly settings
Project zomboid for the mandatory zombie survival sandbox
That should hook you up for a while
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.