[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Resident Evil 6 has very few actual flaws. The only serious design
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 26
File: Cover_Dat_Ass.webm (2 MB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
Cover_Dat_Ass.webm
2 MB, 640x400
Resident Evil 6 has very few actual flaws. The only serious design flaw in the game is the Ustanak chase QTE in the caves. Everything else is pretty tight, or can be adjusted to be tighter. There are niggles, sure. But just because some people refuse to understand how RE6 is put together doesn't make it overall poorly designed.

The best example of this would be the cover system. You slide effortlessly towards cover, lean around cover to shoot at things, and then smoothly step out from behind cover by releasing the aim button. It's basically flawless. But some people refuse to understand how it works and get angry because they don't want to slide into cover. They want to waddle up to cover like a moron and press a cover button instead of cleanly sliding towards it.

It's like getting angry at Mario 64 because you can't get across gaps without long jumping.
>>
https://twitter.com/Screvvy/status/719729868578164736
>>
Except it was somehow less of a survival horror game than 5. Factor in that there are literally dozens of cover based action shooters with better mechanics and then you get why it got middling reviews.
>>
>>334655718
It's amazing how back in the 90's, sudden death traps were considered cool. Resident Evil had them. Silent Hill had them. But after 2010, gamers are so soft and needy that dying from being run over by a car is too traumatic for them.

>>334655953
>Except it was somehow less of a survival horror game than 5.
Of course it is. Capcom deliberately distanced the game from the survival horror genre by calling it a dramatic horror game - a hybrid of survival horror and action. The more survival horror you make your game, the worse it will sell.
>Factor in that there are literally dozens of cover based action shooters with better mechanics
No, there aren't. There are maybe two or three TPS games with mechanics that can rival RE6's. Vanquish is one. Max Payne 3 is possibly another.
>>
>>334656169
Being killed by something you literally had no way of foreseeing or avoiding is not fun
>>
>>334656240
>Being killed by something you literally had no way of foreseeing or avoiding is not fun
This may come as a shock, but people who get run over by cars generally don't see the car coming. How would you design that sequence better? Would you rather they turned it into a QTE?
>>
>>334656371
I'd rather they didn't aim for realism to the point of detrimenting the gameplay.
>>
>>334656450
>I'd rather they didn't aim for realism to the point of detrimenting the gameplay.
You get hit by the car, and you lose 1-2 minutes of progress, wiser now. In the good old days, you got eaten by a demonic fridge and lost 30 mins of progress because you didn't save.

This is hardly inconsistent with Mikami's game design, either. His games are full of instant death traps where you can lose huge stretches of progress if you forgot to save. The Evil Within in particular.
>>
>Resident Evil 6 has very few actual flaws

How about the main part of the game being 25 hours of unrelenting dogshit? Literally the only redeemable thing about this game is the LDK mode in Mercenaries and that wasn't even in the original release.
>>
>>334656795
>How about the main part of the game being 25 hours of unrelenting dogshit?
Don't you mean 25 hours of orgasmic action bookmarked by awesome set pieces?
>>
>>334656795
>How about the main part of the game being 25 hours of unrelenting dogshit?
Better than RE4, which was 20 hours of unrelenting clunky mechanics and half-hearted attempts to be a survival horror game.
Better than RE5, which was 12 or so hours of the most boring level designs and storytelling to ever be placed in a big budget third person shooter.
>>
>>334657057

>RE6fags have to shittalk other games just to make their shit seem less smelly

Every time, have fun with your butterfly stealth section
>>
>>334657263
http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Oko

That section was great. I don't know what your problem with it was. Crushing grubs, hiding in trash bins, trying to figure out how to shoot emblems without getting massacred.
>>
I like how Helena manages to be worst girl but have the best weapons in the game. Makes me super conflicted.
>>
File: 1460546803139.jpg (177 KB, 1920x1088) Image search: [Google]
1460546803139.jpg
177 KB, 1920x1088
>>334657959
>I like how Helena manages to be worst girl
There are not worst girls in RE6. They're all equally perfect. Except Ada. She's slightly more perfect.
>>
>>334658039
Huh I don't remember the graphics being this bad.
>>
>>334655453
the whole game is one big flaw.

i bought RE6 expecting something at least as enjoyable as RE5 and it doesn't even deliver that

shitty boss fights, terribly implemented co-op, way too much focus on graphics, plot and pacing are fucking terrible, and the less said about simmons as a whole, the better
>>
>>334658039

I dunno something about Helena just irked me.
>>
>>334655453

Another one of these threads, huh?

Don't you get bored doing this?
>>
File: 1460547350007.jpg (362 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460547350007.jpg
362 KB, 1920x1080
>>334658153
RE6 has highly erratic visual quality. Anyone who says it looks like a PS2 game is blind, but asset quality jumps around like a Mexican Jumping Bean.
>>
I'd love to see resident evil rebooted

It's heaving underneath the weight of two decades worth of absurd storylines, and has lost its sense of identity in terms of gameplay
>>
>>334658195
>terribly implemented co-op
So? Play it solo. The game is much better solo, anyway.
>way too much focus on graphics
This series has been selling itself on its graphics for decades. The whole reason RE: Remake was such a failure was because it was too expensive to make.
>plot and pacing are fucking terrible
How are they terrible when compared to something like Metal Gear Rising? Where does the problem lie, exactly? It's not an adventure game. It's not a puzzle game. It's an action game with the occasional slow walking section.
>>
File: 1460204263412.jpg (233 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1460204263412.jpg
233 KB, 500x750
>>334655453
I bought the game on launch and still couldn't find people online to cross over with

>hey remember how in RE5 we had a simple and easy to understand co-op lobby system, where you could jump into someone's game at any chapter?
>yeah lets scrap all that and instead add a fucking horrible automated "partner search" instead
>and lets make the game screech to a halt for a full minute to search for someone who might happen to be also playing the exact same part.

>>334658637
>>334656169

oh okay never mind. OP is just desperately trying to convince people his shitty opinions have value.

sorry man but you aren't going to find a sympathetic ear on this board. even /v/ with their shit-tacular tastes at least recognize that a polished turd is still a turd
>>
The RE6 shitposting is getting stronger every day. The whole fucking game is a flaw.
>>
>>334658365
Posting an identical thread multiple times in a short enough period that people start to recognize you should be a bannable offense.

Like if they aren't "breaking the rules" then christ, add a new fucking rule.

these faggots who have been spamming identically written threads that no one enjoys need to be fucking permabanned
>>
>>334659193

The problem is they just ban evade. That one guy obsessed with Barney has been banned countless times but he comes back in like five seconds. /v/ has become full of autists who love to post the same shit over and over. No other board suffers from it this badly. Maybe it's all one guy with like 12 monitors going at once.
>>
>>334658498
>has lost its sense of identity in terms of gameplay
It didn't "lose" anything. Capcom deliberately abandoned the old gameplay. Mikami himself said the series needed to completely reinvent itself if it was to survive.
>>
>>334659193
>Posting an identical thread multiple times in a short enough period that people start to recognize you should be a bannable offense.
Hi there, Anthony Burch.
>>
>>334659507
>Maybe it's all one guy with like 12 monitors going at once.
I'm seriously beginning to wonder. Or /v/ has just accrued a handful of ultraspergs who are worse than the rest.

The people in FFXV threads are even starting to get attached to their resident shitter and giving him nicknames
>>
>>334659824
After the shitfest that was April 1st on here I think even uttering that faggot's fucking name should be bannable.

Same as any variation of "cuckold" should be insta-ban
>>
File: REMAKE 2 PREVIEW.jpg (67 KB, 640x394) Image search: [Google]
REMAKE 2 PREVIEW.jpg
67 KB, 640x394
>>334658365
Is it just me or is there basically, like, 5 people convinced that modern Resident Evil is Satan who insist on posting in every single RE thread? And they're always unironically accusing others of being samefags.
>>
>>334660006
>that first "review"
it's... the same fucking pre-rendered backgrounds... what the shit? does he have alzheimers?
>>
>>334658365
Isn't RE6 the best selling digital game in Japan right now or something? Do Japanese people post on /v/?
>>
>>334660006
>every single RE thread

No, just the ones that YOU make. They're not hard to spot. I bet that really pisses you off. Better wait an hour and then make a new thread, maybe no one will notice.
>>
>>334660006
Not "others", OP, just you.

You are, literally, the only person who is desperate to reclaim RE6's 'honor' or whatever the fuck your goal is

this thread didn't get you validating responses so i'm sure you'll try again in a few hours
>>
I miss Officer Fat Cocks.
>>
>>334660226
>>334660401
I know for a fact this thread was made by someone else. >>334610817 There is more than one person on this planet who loves RE6, you idiots.

>>334660226
>>334660401
(You)
>>
File: 1456666683644.png (99 KB, 397x385) Image search: [Google]
1456666683644.png
99 KB, 397x385
>>334660515
I don't want your (You)s. They're covered in greasy palm-sweat.
>>
>>334660515
>There is more than one person on this planet who loves RE6, you idiots.

Of course, but there's only ONE person who spends their time making the same thread on /v/ over and over, just to defend RE6, and types the same way, and acts the same way. That person is you.

I don't even know why you're denying it. I guess because you're trying to trick people? Why would you do that? Do you want people to take you seriously? Do you think them knowing you're an autistic spammer would lower their opinion of you?

Whatever, your thread's dead anyways. Try again in a few hours, I probably won't be here.
>>
>>334661058
>That person is you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV4DiAyExN0
>>
>>334661058
I think part of the appeal of RE6 thread is watching RE6 haters sperg-out as they try to rationalize the fact literally nothing they say or do can make Resident Evil 6 sell fewer copies. It's like watching Obisdianfags convinced Fallout 4 isn't a massive success that makes Fallout 1, 2, and New Vegas look like a footnote.
>>
File: 1460287178416.jpg (224 KB, 800x670) Image search: [Google]
1460287178416.jpg
224 KB, 800x670
>>334661058
>Try again in a few hours, I probably won't be here.
>>
>>334661970
OP for fuck's sake do the world, nay, the universe, a big favor and kill yourself

you are consuming precious oxygen and natural resources that could go to literally any other organism and be better utilized
>>
>>334662445

He must really not have much faith in this thread if he's already talking about sales numbers.
>>
File: SN0VDQv.gif (3 MB, 440x321) Image search: [Google]
SN0VDQv.gif
3 MB, 440x321
>>334662445
>>
>>334662681
>He must really not have much faith in this thread if he's already talking about sales numbers.
RE threads always go that way because the entire reason Capcom killed survival horror was sales figures. Resident Evil as a series exists to sell as many copies as possible.

Also, it goes back to people claiming RE6 was bad because it didn't meet sales expectations. Nevermind that basically nothing Platinum makes meets sales expectations. RE6 only selling 5 million in the first few months instead of 7 million marks it as a catastrophe.

It's very much a "they started it" kind of argument.
>>
>>334663170

I don't see what any of that has to do with what I was saying, that you usually save that argument for a few hundred posts down the line whenever you remake this thread.
>>
>>334663901
Who are you talking to?
>>
>>334658372
Well, it has hundreds of textures that could easily be processed by a PS2.
>>
>>334664471
>Well, it has hundreds of textures that could easily be processed by a PS2.
Texture resolution is hardly the most important aspect of visual quality. Although that's an argument ever since the N64 stomped the PS1 by having far superior dynamic lighting capabilities but PS1 fans clung to the PS1's "crisp" textures.
>>
>Can move while aiming
>Slide thingy
>Cover fucking system

Just fuck my survival horror up.
>>
File: taking the bait.gif (2 MB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
taking the bait.gif
2 MB, 540x304
>>334655453
>RE6 has very few actual flaws
>>
>>334665289
RE6 isn't a survival horror game, though. The series abandoned survival horror back in 2005, and RE6 is the natural progression of that.
>>
>>334665418
Name the flaws, anon.
>>
>>334658039
Helena has nice tits.
>>
>>334658039
Apparently Capcom kept making Helena's hips wider during development.
>>
>>334656169
>But after 2010, gamers are so soft and needy that dying from being run over by a car is too traumatic for them.

or we just grew up
>>
>>334666212
Explain the popularity of Dark Souls, then.
>>
File: 1453253940793.png (381 KB, 539x405) Image search: [Google]
1453253940793.png
381 KB, 539x405
I just brought this up with my friends, OP.

You only do this because you want to be a contrarian and "anti-circle jerk"

I want to see you play the game and justify why it is good. There is no fucking way you can honestly sit down and play through the game UNEDITED and not start to point out flaws you ignore as you're playing it.
>>
File: 8442011.png (308 KB, 394x916) Image search: [Google]
8442011.png
308 KB, 394x916
>>334666094
>>
>>334666318
>I want to see you play the game and justify why it is good.
What exactly needs justifying?
>There is no fucking way you can honestly sit down and play through the game UNEDITED and not start to point out flaws you ignore as you're playing it.
I've been playing RE6 and The Evil Within back-to-back, noticing all the bits TEW stole from RE6, and how the games handle the same design problems differently.

Give an example of a serious design flaw in RE6.
>>
>>334666563
Melee is stronger than shooting. It's melee spam the game. Shooting itself is shitty and not satisfying.

Resident Evil 5 and 4 had strong identities and Resident Evil 6 can't decide what it wants to be. The Quick Time Events are awful.

The one random fucking ambulance part that serves no purpose but to kill the player.

You are flat out ignoring these flaws as if they don't exist.

>>334666315
There is no point in Dark Souls where you die in one hit for no reason.
>>
>>334666318
>>334666563
Here's an example of a serious design flaw in a game.

In RE1/2/3/CV/REMAKE/0, the fixed camera angles often force you into situations where you are forced to shoot at enemies you can't see. This is a very serious design problem that Capcom struggled with for years. During teh development of RE4, when it still had fixed camera angles, Capcom experimented with an over-the-shoulder aiming system combined with fixed camera angles for general gameplay.

Needless to say, fixed camera angles are fundamentally flawed in any game where you need to shoot enemies that can move off camera. This doesn't make classic RE games bad games. It just makes them seriously flawed games that you need to be blind to think are flawlessly designed, as some REMAKE fans do. No amount of mirrors placed on blind corners could fix the problem.
>>
>>334667106
>In RE1/2/3/CV/REMAKE/0, the fixed camera angles often force you into situations where you are forced to shoot at enemies you can't see.
But that was inherently part of the game design. Many games before it were made in full 3D environments. They could have made the game entirely in 3D, but the set camera angles allowed them to do specific tricks with the camera that IMPROVED the game. As well as allowing the backgrounds to be prerendered and not take up processing power. This was part of the games design and also a technical limitation. Something that Resident Evil 6 doesn't have. RE6 doesn't have a fucking design in mind, it has no idea what it wants to be.

The early Resident Evil games did these things with intentional, you retard.
>>
>>334666876
>Melee is stronger than shooting. It's melee spam the game.
The stamina system prevents melee abuse. There's nothing wrong with melee replacing shooting.
>The Quick Time Events are awful.
Which ones in particular? How are they worse than RE4/5's? Are you including the ones that are bypassed with auto action button?
>The one random fucking ambulance part that serves no purpose but to kill the player.
Only if you're standing in the way of it. Once bitten, twice shy. An ambulance comes careening through the crossing. Of course it's designed to kill the player. You can avoid the ambulance by moving aside.
>>
>>334667348
You absolutely have to be fucking trolling.

I can not speak to this absolute retardation.

I am so fucking glad that you can like extremely shitty games, because that allows you to have wider horizons and enjoy extremely terrible things, but please for the love of god, do not come on here and try to justify your horrible taste. It does not improve the quality of discussion. Anyone who has played the game and has a brain can see that it is not redeemable in any possible way.

Thank you.
>>
>>334667316
Mikami never liked the fixed camera angles and he never liked the tank controls. He only conceded to them because consoles weren't powerful enough to make the game FPS.

It's kinda like how Toby Gard, the lead designer on Tomb Raider, hated the controls. But he quit Core in protest of Lara's sexualisation by Eidos, so subsequent games kept the clunky controls and camera system.

They didn't use fixed camera angles because they LIKED them. If Mikami liked them so much, he would have made The Evil Within a fixed camera angle game. Instead, he made an over the shoulder TPS with turret sections and door opening QTEs.
>>
>>334667696
>Anyone who has played the game and has a brain can see that it is not redeemable in any possible way.
Have you forgotten that RE6 got more positive reviews than negative ones?
>>
>>334667849
Reviews don't fucking matter.

Metal Gear Solid V received all 10/10s because the reviewers were heavily shoved into giving it an amazing score based on 20 hours (not long enough to beat it) of playing.

Same with Aliens: Colonial Marines, which also received fantastic scores but turned out to be shitty.

Reviewers can't be trusted for ANYTHING because they also gave Wonderful 101 a shitty score when they couldn't figure out the controls and beat the game on VERY EASY mode.
>>
File: SHINJI_BTFO.png (602 KB, 800x421) Image search: [Google]
SHINJI_BTFO.png
602 KB, 800x421
>>334667696
>>
Is OP the Barneyfag of Resident Evil
>>
>>334668159
>Resident Evil 6 will have to reinvent the series.

And it didn't do that at all! So, I guess he was wrong because the series has been able to keep going apparently.
>>
>>334668137
If critic reviews and user reviews, both of which lean more positive than negative don't matter, what DOES matter? Where are you pulling this "nobody liked RE6" argument from?

>Metal Gear Solid V received all 10/10s because the reviewers were heavily shoved into giving it an amazing score based on 20 hours (not long enough to beat it) of playing.
There's also the fact MGS V is a pretty good game.
>Reviewers can't be trusted for ANYTHING because they also gave Wonderful 101 a shitty score when they couldn't figure out the controls and beat the game on VERY EASY mode.
Aka, the "reviewers who gave RE6 bad reviews were playing the game wrong" argument.
>>
>>334668312
Resident Evil 6 did reinvent the series. At least in the sense of completely changing the basic game flow. Nostalgiafags won't shut up about how it's "not Resident Evil anymore".
>>
>>334668137
>Same with Aliens: Colonial Marines, which also received fantastic scores but turned out to be shitty.
It got literally one positive review on Metacritic for PS3. 9 mixed, 16 negative.
Compare to RE6 on PS3, which got...
21 positive, 12 mixed, 1 negative.
>>
>>334668994
I'm done. Fucking kill yourself. You have supremely shit taste. I am not even a fan of Resident Evil in any capacity. In fact, I have actually only beaten Resident Evil 5, and I can just say that you don't have any taste. Have fun with your shitty game. There is no way that you can convince ANYONE that it's a good game.

It is objectively flawed and objectively bad as a video game.
>>
>>334669491
>There is no way that you can convince ANYONE that it's a good game.
I don't think he needs to. The PS4 version has more positive than negative reviews, and seems to have sold fairly well. Japan seems to especially like it.

The "this is such an awful game" people are very much in a minority. At worst, people think it's a flawed game. At best they think it's amazing. Neither side can be convinced. You may as well go back to 2005 and argue Code Veronica was actually really great.
>>
>>334668602
>Nostalgiafags won't shut up about how it's "not Resident Evil anymore"

Since 2005 and 10+ years later, nostalgiafags still are whining about "muh surbible whorror"
>>
>>334669491
600 people played RE6 on PC over the past 24 hours. The average playtime is 20 hours.

About 24,000 people play it every fortnight. So are those people hate-playing the game or something? Why would so many people play a 4 year old game if they didn't like it? 61 people played Binary Domain over the past 24 hours. That's a game SEGA literally gave away for free.

The numbers don't lie. Games like RE6 divide fanbases. But to pretend there aren't a lot of people who dig them is just plain autism. RE6 is more popular on PC than RE4, and even RE5. People who dislike the direction the series has taken need to accept that.
>>
I liked it for what it was, but come on OP. The only decent story is Chris. Leon campaign was so painful, mainly because RE6 is an action game. The whole Leon campaign is moving from jump scare to jump scare, shoot a bit, more jump scare, repeat. Jake had Ustanak ruining a good bit of the levels. I guess Ada's was cool, gameplay wise. The story was absolute ass, but the game did play well. I love the mercs and predator mode for it.
>>
>>334670746
>Leon campaign was so painful, mainly because RE6 is an action game.
Leon's campaign has the advantage of more relaxed pacing. Slow sections where you just walk around and look at stuff are a nice change of pace from the action.
>>
>>334670865
I can respect that opinion, but it really seemed like the odd one out to me. Like, the catacombs chapter and the first chapter in China are "THAT PART" of RE6 to me. I guess I just thought, if you're going to make the series into a shooter, go balls out.
>>
File: 1351943350591.gif (3 MB, 388x218) Image search: [Google]
1351943350591.gif
3 MB, 388x218
>>
>>334670746
>>334670865
To elaborate, Leon's campaign falls into a very similar game design category to Max Payne 3. You walk a bit, shoot a bit, walk a bit, shoot a bit. It's a "cinematic" experience. Chris' campaign is more streamlined, more gameplay-focused. It doesn't try as hard to create atmosphere.

> Like, the catacombs chapter and the first chapter in China are "THAT PART" of RE6 to me.
The catacombs are one of the best parts of the game, IMO. You explore, shoot some stuff, swim a bit, avoid some deathtraps, turn some handles to open doors. There's a lot of design similarity to Dragon's Dogma, which also had catacombs full of undead. It's also very similar to the catacombs in The Evil Within.
>>
>>334671382
The female characters are so sexy when they perform CQC that it hurts.
>>
>>334656783
The demon fridge is telegraphed to you by an item you find, the description of the fridge, and the visual fixation on the broken chain when you walk near it. That shit is obvious, and scary.

In RE6 you get run over by a car because you have no way to know it's coming or get out of the way in time. You die, and you avoid it the second time because you know it's there. That isn't good game design.
>>
File: Zombie Drops the Lantern.jpg (40 KB, 464x275) Image search: [Google]
Zombie Drops the Lantern.jpg
40 KB, 464x275
>>334671395
>The catacombs are one of the best parts of the game, IMO.
>playing the catacombs on mercenaries no mercy
>>
>>334671768
>In RE6 you get run over by a car because you have no way to know it's coming or get out of the way in time.
If you see the car coming, you can dive out of the way. The game even shifts the camera to draw attention to it. It's only a problem if you've got your back to the vehicle.

How many people completed RE4's rock QTE on the first try?
>>
>>334672095
Some, since you see the prompt on the screen for about a second before you have to actually start mashing the button. Though I admit I (and probably a lot of people) died the first time because I didn't expect to have to press B+S or L+R to dive out of the way at the end.

QTEs are shit too, that's not being questioned.
>>
File: BH6 2015-12-27 23-55-05-46.jpg (502 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
BH6 2015-12-27 23-55-05-46.jpg
502 KB, 1920x1200
I'm still waiting for someone to explain why Resident Evil 6's cover system is supposedly bad.
>>
How about the game being tedious nonsense with dumb fuck AI and a frame rate that makes me want to throw up every time I move the camera? I swear Leon's second chapter took like three god damn hours, it just wouldn't fucking end.

Is the PS4 version any better?
>>
>>334672354
It's not. It works, it's functional, it helps in the game's combat.

But nobody asked for it. Nobody asked for Resident Evil to be a cover shooter. We already have plenty of cover shooters. RE6 gets shit not because it "has a cover system", it gets shit because it's the entry in the series where they didn't even try to hide that it's no longer "enter the world of survival horror", it's just a dumb action game.

Nobody wanted RE to turn into a dumb action game.
>>
>>334672497
It's functional, but no better than the PC version. 30fps all the way through.
>>
File: RE6_FOV_comparison.png (2 MB, 1366x1536) Image search: [Google]
RE6_FOV_comparison.png
2 MB, 1366x1536
>>334672497
PS4 version runs at locked 60fps & 1080p.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0YV8rhaPy8

They also raised the default FOV to the old version's maximum. A surprising number of people didn't know RE6 had FOV sliders patched into the game in December 2012. Even Digital Foundry didn't know.
>>
>>334672497
60 FPS helps the game a lot.
>>
>>334672636
is me. I was thinking about the PS3 version.

>>334672665
is correct
>>
Still the best thing to come out of this game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPM2Nb-IFsM&list=PLpQ9NA6AZIQenDevH4_FEv1PHTtr0gadN
>>
File: syndicate-logo.jpg (171 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
syndicate-logo.jpg
171 KB, 600x337
>>334672569
Isn't this basically the "Syndicate is bad because series fans don't like FPS games" argument?
>>
File: RE6_AAB.jpg (303 KB, 1440x1800) Image search: [Google]
RE6_AAB.jpg
303 KB, 1440x1800
>>334672497
There's also Auto Action Button. That thing everyone should know about, but a lot of people don't for some reason.

Long story short, if you turn it on, as the PS4/XBO versions do by default, you can stand on the railway tracks and your character will dodge the train without you pressing anything.
>>
File: XsYVc.jpg (11 KB, 640x196) Image search: [Google]
XsYVc.jpg
11 KB, 640x196
>>334671864
>Get out of an animation from a previous zombie
>>
>>334670341
>The numbers don't lie. Games like RE6 divide fanbases

They do, but you need to remember what division means. It means the people that like RE6 (and there are obviously a lot of them, as you pointed out) are a subset of the fanbase. There are still Resident Evil fans that didn't like RE6 and wanted something more like Revelations or Remake.

Capcom realizes this too, as they've re-released REmake and Zero, both to record breaking sales numbers. Remake sold more in its re-release than it did in all previous releases of the game. Zero, the same.

There are still a ton of people that just want more old-style RE.

While there are lots of people that enjoyed the new-style RE6, that isn't not the entire fanbase. They are not "the new Resident Evil fans", the old ones are still here and buying old-style games in record numbers.
>>
File: ifor1FGDTaeqT.gif (3 MB, 312x281) Image search: [Google]
ifor1FGDTaeqT.gif
3 MB, 312x281
>>
>>334672785
I...suppose? I don't see how putting a label on it invalidates the criticism.

What if your favorite game was always a fighting game, through three iterations and numerous spin-offs. Then all of a sudden the next version of the game is a match-3 puzzle game. It's not a spin-off, it's not a $15 XBLA game, it's a mainline $60 offering.

Are you going to tell me you'd buy it and eat it up because it's got the game's name and skin on it? No, that'd be bullshit.

Shit like that is fine, it's why we have Puzzle Fighter, but I don't think there's a person alive that'd be 100% onboard with Street Fighter 5 having been a bejeweled clone. You wouldn't see it a Evo.
>>
>>334655453
>Resident Evil 6 has very few actual flaws.

Yeah but the flaws it does have are so huge that they ruin the game
>>
>>334673249
>It means the people that like RE6 (and there are obviously a lot of them, as you pointed out) are a subset of the fanbase.
It's more complex than that, because stuff like Revelations and Remake doesn't sell anywhere near as well as stuff like RE5 and RE6. Revelations 2 has only sold 1.5 million copies. Not terrible numbers by any means, but the game was profitable largely because it heavily recycles content from RE6 and stuff like non-union voice work.

It's very difficult to determine the demographics of Resident Evil, especially internationally.

What we do know is that REMAKE HD and RE0 HD sold quite poorly on PC, wheras RE6 and RE5 sold fantastically. We can thank Steam APIs for being able to parse demographics for PC.

>Capcom realizes this too, as they've re-released REmake and Zero, both to record breaking sales numbers. Remake sold more in its re-release than it did in all previous releases of the game. Zero, the same.

I'm not too sure about RE0 HD's sales. We'll find out with Capcom's next financial report. The PSN sales seem fairly decent, which is good. REMAKE HD sold decently, but for a game that was exclusive to GC for so long, more sales would have been ideal.

But these games, even Revelations 1/2, just aren't pulling the numbers RE5/6 did. It is possible the RE bubble has burst. It wouldn't be the first time all predictions were wrong because the whole market had collapsed.
>>
>>334656240
It does add to the tension. Getting killed in a video game was considered a learning experience at one point
>>
>>334673527
>What if your favorite game was always a fighting game, through three iterations and numerous spin-offs. Then all of a sudden the next version of the game is a match-3 puzzle game.
Donkey Kong 64 turned the series from a side scrolling platformer to an open world collectathon where you shoot stuff with coconut guns and deal death with musical instruments. Resident Evil began as an Alone in the Dark clone, and look at what happened to Alone in the Dark.
>>
>>334673579
What are these huge flaws?
>>
>>334673527
FEAR EFFECT is coming back as an isometric game. I'm not really happy about it, but that doesn't mean the game will be bad. Slavish genre loyalty is stupid.
>>
File: Sherry Melee.gif (988 KB, 500x226) Image search: [Google]
Sherry Melee.gif
988 KB, 500x226
>>334671671
>>
File: The_3rd_Birthday_Cover.png (428 KB, 250x430) Image search: [Google]
The_3rd_Birthday_Cover.png
428 KB, 250x430
>>334673527
I would have liked 3rd Birthday even if it had been called Parasite Eve 3, which it wasn't.
>>
File: 1367224145959.gif (2 MB, 355x275) Image search: [Google]
1367224145959.gif
2 MB, 355x275
>>334674369
Enemies were too bullet spongy in that game.
>>
>>334674557
That they were. An unfortunate side effect, I think, of making a TPS game where you can't actually aim at enemies, but rather rely on auto aim.
>>
>>334673527
>Are you going to tell me you'd buy it and eat it up because it's got the game's name and skin on it?
I judge games on their merits. If it was a good game, I'd treat it as such.
>>
File: BudPNG.png (88 KB, 476x342) Image search: [Google]
BudPNG.png
88 KB, 476x342
Capcom should just restart The Resident Evil Series back from square 1.
Same characters. Different story. Not sure how it should play though.

Or fuck, at least restart DeadRising.
Give me Frank West at a reasonable age for christ's sake.
>>
>>334674916
>Capcom should just restart The Resident Evil Series back from square 1.
>Same characters. Different story.
That is a fantastic way to sabotage your series and make everyone who plays the games for the story feel no desire to buy the new game. "Play for the story" fans tend to be far more tolerant of dramatic gameplay changes than story ones.
>>
File: smalltime.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
smalltime.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
>>334675054

I just want a campy action hero Leon like resident evil 4 again
>>
File: RE-Vendetta-Film-Titled.jpg (196 KB, 960x1352) Image search: [Google]
RE-Vendetta-Film-Titled.jpg
196 KB, 960x1352
>>334675189
That's not happening anytime soon. RE4 Leon is barely canon at this point. Heck, RE4 is barely canon. RE6 basically acts as though nothing significant happened between RE2 and RE5.
>>
>>334662106
I wonder whether Sherry would be into anything kinky, since she regenerates no matter how many times you stab her with sharpened chopsticks.

Her presence in RE6 is a bit silly. She can survive being stabbed with a large piece of metal, but getting shot kills her.
>>
>>334675350
Resident Evil is about Mercenaries now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r91Oh059wqw
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.