[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: final-fantasy-iii.jpg (93 KB, 1380x747) Image search: [Google]
final-fantasy-iii.jpg
93 KB, 1380x747
What does /v/ think about this
>>
>>334645880
it's medicore desu. dragon quest 3 is better
>>
played the ds remake

it's alright, had a nice job system
>>
>>334645880
I played the DS version. It's terrible.
>constantly have to reset jobs to clear certain areas (Dragoon, Geomancer, Dark Knight)
>new jobs basically become useless once you move to another area
>everything is fucking expensive
>battles are the grindiest shit ever
>>
Had the DS version, wasn't as good as V but it was ok.
>>
>>334645880
I have the game on PC. Its shit.
I imagine its better in 2D rather than 3D though.
>>
>>334646460
>complaining about grinding on a Final Fantasy game
Seems like you don't know how to Final Fantasy.
>>
>>334646460
All of those things can be avoided by playing the game differently
>>
File: 1455189723296.jpg (77 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
1455189723296.jpg
77 KB, 600x700
Reminder that Refia is the best FF girl of all FF girls.
>>
>>334645880

DS/PSP version is one of my favorites next to IX and VII. the last area of the game is pretty cool
>>
File: aed.png (555 KB, 680x283) Image search: [Google]
aed.png
555 KB, 680x283
>>334645880
>no 10 hour tutorial like the newer games in the series
>challenging
>lovely art in the DS version
9/10 it's fun as fuck and there's always something useful hidden if you explore the areas
>>
>>334645880
Why the final Dungeon is so damn long and why I can't save?

My only complain, everything else was pretty good
>>
Only final fantasy I've played, pretty fun, nice soundtrack (love the final battle theme) and fairly comfy.
>>
It has my favorite FF main theme. The PSP/Vita port of the DS version is entertaining. Kids hate the game because it doesn't tell you were to go, and you have to explore and grind.
>>
classic job class style RPG. insane final boss sequence and final dungeon. Truly a classic RPG in every right. Worth the time for an old fashioned grind
>>
>>334645880
Get yourself a guide which will tell you exactly what job to be and when to switch. Other than that, good game. I played it on, of all things, the Ouya and really enjoyed it.
>>
It's my one of my favorite final fantasy games along with IV and tactics, too bad the vita version looks like ass because of stretched resolution
>>
>>334645880
i'm playing through the nes version right now
it's really fun to be honest
>>
I played it a while ago on DS. I never beat it but there's a cute female character that joins the party. You can change her job to give her lots of cute costumes like thief gives her a cute skirt and shows her tummy and the healer gives her a cute cat ear hat. I didn't much care for the rest of the cast.
>>
There's zero reason to play it since the story is about what you'd expect from a NES RPG and the gameplay is done a thousand times better in FF5
>>
>>334645880

I liken the original to that one game each system gets that seems to push it to its limits. Game was absolutely massive for when it came out and still fit on a single NE cartridge. Still remember that surprise of playing it for like 10 hours only to find out the whole time I'd been on a floating island that comprises maybe a fraction of the world's actual landmass. Also it was the first game to have the job system so it was a pretty significant step in the franchise.
>>
>>334645880
>you -need- to make the party 4 dragoons and grind until you can afford wind spears to beat garuda
I can tell they are working with the idea of a job system for the first time.
>>
>>334653205
It can't look worse than the DS version
>>
>>334645880
poor man's version of FF5
>>
>>334653205
The vita version looks way better than the DS version
>>
>>334645880
It's on my bottom 5 when it comes to ranking my favorite FF.

Not a bad game, but it's a bit bland and forgettable. Mostly a chore than actual enjoyment since it lacks charm.
>>
>>334645880
It's okay. Basically an inferior V.
>>
>>334645880
Not as good as FFI overall, but it did make a lot of improvements over I and II. FFV takes a different and better approach to the job system since it's less about getting the right job combination for the area and more about using what you like properly.
>>
>>334645880
I love it
>>
>>334654236
>takes a different and better approach to the job system
I don't understand this complaint. Just because they made certain areas easier if you use specific jobs doesn't mean you were forced to use it. I made it through the entire game on the basis of "That looks cool, I'll use that."
>>
>>334654832
>I don't understand this complaint
You're a fucking moron. Try using physical jobs during the Mini dungeon or not using a Dark Knight or 4 spellcasters in the dungeon with the splitting enemies, I dare you.
>>
>>334654940
Ah. The mini dungeon was shit, I'll agree. But I never once used a Dark Knight and the splitting enemies dungeon was as easy as the rest.
>>
>>334645880
Overlooked and underrated.
>>
I put like 11 hours into the DS remake during plane flights.

I some of the bosses were a little unforgiving. I should probably get around to finishing it.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.