[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, cemu is coming along pretty well. I'm surprised, the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: CEMU 5.png (1 MB, 1295x778) Image search: [Google]
CEMU 5.png
1 MB, 1295x778
So, cemu is coming along pretty well.
I'm surprised, the only emulator I've seen make so much progress so quickly is PPSSPP.
>>
>>334642923
ppsspp was made using black magic

It runs on fucking everything and pretty well.
>>
>>334643093
>ppsspp was made using black magic
this
>>
>>334643093
Because the PSP was such a complex piece of hardware, right?
>>
That lighting effect is fucking horrendous holy shit

The models are fucking sticking up badly

It also plays like shit
>>
>>334643276
Because it came from nowhere

All we had was an absolutely shitty java emulator
>>
>>334643276

The most complex console is fucking N64

It explodes if you even try to make a decent emulator

We have a fucking GC and Wii emulator that can give 1080p for fucks sake and we can't get the N64 to work
>>
>see this
>get excited
>try to run new super mario bros u
>game actually starts
>reaches title screen
>1.14 fps.

I rather just have a bsod like in the early versions.
>>
>>334643304
It's not perfect, but for such a new emulator and a new console it's pretty damn good.
>>
>>334643276
It came out fast as hell, not to mention, like I said, that it runs on everything and pretty well. N64 is an example of an emulator that's been out for a while but still has issues.
>>
what was the point of this thread, op?
>>
>>334643628
To talk about video games.
Scary, I know.
>>
>>334643628
To discuss video games.
Yeah, OP is a faggot.
>>
>barely works
>version 1.4.1

seriously? a stable working version should be 1.0
everything else is a 0.xx
>>
>>334643719
>>334643775
op didn't say 'discuss'. he just pointed out something.
>>
>>334643374
>it came from nowhere
>All we had was an absolutely shitty java emulator

You do realize you're contradicting yourself? That "shitty java emulator" existed for years and did 99% of the hard work, all the PPSSPP devs did was take that and code it on something other than java.
>>
>>334643538

PCuck living up to the name
>>
>>334643819
>getting mad about literal arbitrary numbers
>>
File: CEMU 7.png (1 MB, 1295x770) Image search: [Google]
CEMU 7.png
1 MB, 1295x770
>>
>>334643920
do you have source for your shenanigans?
pretty sure ppsspp came out after the sdk was leaked.
>>
>>334643979
there are certain rules when it comes to software and programming.
without rules... there's chaos.
>>
>>334644131
looks like someone forgot to use directional light in Unity.
>>
3DS and Vita Emus when?
>>
File: n51edaefabd5a4.jpg (174 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
n51edaefabd5a4.jpg
174 KB, 640x640
>>334644653

>he doesn't know
>>
>>334643093
They used leaked sdk information that put them miles ahead of the competition.
>>
>>334644653
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spnBFUvbYJY
citra is coming along quite nicely
>>
>>334643276
it came out of nowhere and is slightly less than playable on my fucking Galaxy S3, a phone from four fucking years ago
and it runs fine on nearly any computer that's above netbook-tier made in the last 6 years, and quite a few made from before then
I remember fucking around with that shitty Java PSP emulator, and then PPSSPP happened.

also, the PSP isn't the weirdest piece of kit, but it's not exactly straightforward
its speed is probably the biggest thing, the PSP is around the same spec (shit, I think the CPU is faster in the PSP clock-for-clock) as the DC and PPSSPP runs a shitton faster than any DC emulator I've seen

>>334643443
N64's issue is that people tackled emulation for it fucking 16+ years ago, long before you could even consider doing a proper job of it. It's shit, but current emulators "work" enough that there's little motivation for a more modern N64 emulator.

DC emulation actually suffered similarly for ages, but it's gotten better.
but only a bit
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.