[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blunder or savior of games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6
File: header.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
Blunder or savior of games?
>>
>>334640027
Neither
why does /v/ only go for extremes
>>
Neither. It will be a big financial success but nothing special in terms of quality.
>>
>>334640027
It'll be successful, all the hype around it pretty much guarantees a success
It'll probably die out in a month at most, hopefully that doesn't happen and it turns out to be good. But dont hold your beath
>>
Blunder

I bought an xbone after watching the videos cause there's no reason to have a ps4 since this game is inevitably going to flop hard
>>
>>334640607
It's on PC too, dumbshit.
Besides, there's still Bloodborne.
>>
File: tumblr_o290tg5gET1qck43so1_500.jpg (133 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o290tg5gET1qck43so1_500.jpg
133 KB, 500x666
>>334640027
It will be good, but it would basically feel the same as playing Minecraft without mods and updates, boring in the long time.
>>
>>334640823
You bitter sonyponies always cling to your crappy souls-like game every time someone makes you feel insecure about your purchase. Poor little sonyggers
>>
>>334640970
I don't have a pisspoor.
>>
>>334640970
Why you call "souls-like" game something that is actually a Souls game? Before calling others niggers, use some logic, nigger.
>>
You will never visit 99,9% of all planets. It's an empty game, one wherein you watch colors and shapes change a few times until the realization sets in that nothing changed at all.
>>
>>334641352
So you're saying a planet covered in toxic gas is exactly the same as one with a technicolor jungle?
>>
>>334640074
Because to /v/ if a game is not absolutely incredible it's shit. that's why /v/ calls every game shit.
>>
>>334641513
Yes.
>>
>>334640027
I forgot this game even existed, literally be forgotten a month tops after release.
>>
>>334640027
Maybe both. It could be an incredible game but hardly anyone may buy it.
>>
>>334641352
But one day you'll come across a planet and stare in wonder. Against all odds, out of all the billions of planets, someone else has already been to this sphere in the infinite nothingness. And that guy named it Ass Planet.
>>
The death of video games approaches.
>>
>>334641839
I'd sculpt that planet in the shape of a face.
>>
File: b-but quantity of games matter.jpg (41 KB, 555x800) Image search: [Google]
b-but quantity of games matter.jpg
41 KB, 555x800
>>334640823
>>
>>334641839
Imagine it, an entire section of space where everything has ass in it's name. It will be glorious.
>>
It's gonna suck
It's just retarded hype

Procedural genereted games are almost always awful

They lack the tight design of actual levels that are hand made

Does it really fucking matter that every planet has different rocks in places?

So what?
It's still just ground why do I care?

Looks like it has no gameplay too, like a huge walking sim
Boring as hell, and coloerful enough for kids and idiots to go "woooooah this looks so cool!"

In reality, it's gonna get boring after an hour, mark my words
>>
>>334642594
Yes I agree.
>>
>>334640027
Will probably buy it a year after release for comfy space exploration. But not a moment sooner, pre-ordering this game is really silly.
>>
The best place to troll No Man's Sky faggots is GameFAQs. Those homos literally think this game will change the industry.
>>
>>334640027
Spore 2.0.
>>
>>334641513
Everyone eventually gets bored of exploring procedural generation. You need more, either via MP (ala mineycrafta) or via regular updates to non-procedural sections of the game like weapons/armor/tools. This game seems like it's going to get old very fast for anyone that's not a turbo autist.
>>
>>334642815
This. 60$ is not the right price point.
>>
File: 1434501839686_1.jpg (197 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1434501839686_1.jpg
197 KB, 1280x1280
>>334640027
>Blunder of games
>>
The only reason I would play this game would be to trip on acid and enjoy the visuals.It's just a visual game,seemingly very little to offer other than that.
>>
Expecting it on a year-end Steam sale.
>>
>>334640027
This and VR will begin the next video gaming crash. So much for overhyped "technology"
>>
File: 1431393037438.jpg (51 KB, 670x472) Image search: [Google]
1431393037438.jpg
51 KB, 670x472
>It's good with VR
>It's comfy
>you just have to RP
I can hear them now
>>
>>334647189
don't people say that traditional style games like that and FPS are bad for VR because of motion sickness?
>>
>>334640027
Why are people excited about this? It always sounded like 3D Starbound except with even less to do. And starbound's l been out like 3 years already
>>
People who think the game will change the industry are retarded. it's an over simplified elite dangerous.

That being said i enjoyed elite for 8 or so hours but thats becuase it had shit to do. elite without the bounty hunting and scanning and wake chasing would have left me bored as fuck because travveling through light speed/supercruise load screens to get anywhere is tedious

So theres also supposed to be like temperarure survival or some shit like if its -120 youll freeze to death if you dont terraform a hole in the ground to survive.

But that just makes me think more about surviving in this game.

What happens when you die. do you just have to start all over again? Are you cloned in the same area or moved to a new one.

If theres no win state what drives you to do anything

If a game has no win state then what is there to work towards. getting to the center of the universe

The developer said thats what you have to do
They also said that youll most likley never see anyone else playing the entire time you are playing it.

That means that space is so vast in this game that even if you played it for a year youll not see another adventurer. with that being said how likley is it you could even reach the center, the only goal you have

There would have to be people there right?
>>
File: 1421989120235.jpg (27 KB, 460x282) Image search: [Google]
1421989120235.jpg
27 KB, 460x282
>>334648257
I wish it was more like a 3D Starbound.
>>
>>334648412
T-the win state is getting to the center of the universe!
>>
>>334648109

60 fps gives tons of people headaches. Soap opera effect.
>>
>>334648538
You mean an absolute fucking irredeemable mess?
>>
>>334648562
Don't wanna go offtopic but VR not being suited to playing popular first person perspective games like shooters, racers and flightsims/spacesims is exactly why it sounds like it will fail. People expected that shit to be the next step in immersion, then it turns out it only works well for shovelware tech demo titles
>>
>>334648830
Ace combat 7 is allegedly getting the sony vr support.

With everything, it takes time to fully develope for new things. people were only getting used to the ps3 at the end of its cycle. so vr might take some time to be implemented that way most people imagined
>>
>>334648830
when it comes to sims, multi-monitor is superior to VR because it feels like you're actually in a cockpit instead of set of floating eyes.
>>
I've been playing video games for 20 years. I can hear a games concept and know it will suck shit. This will suck shit.
>>
>procedural generation powered by the PS4

i can think of a few reasons why this will bomb.
>>
>>334648562
Only if you've accustomed yourself to 30fps
>>
>>334640074
This. It'll probably be fun. I'm excited.
>>
>>334641634
Even incredible games are treated later like shit.
No game in existence is safe from /v/
>>
>>334649180
it would be pretty cool to have VR in a World War II flight combat game and use it to spot enemy aircraft looking behind the cockpit and such

too bad from what I heard, looking at distant objects with current VR tech is pretty much impossible
>>
>>334649376
Anything less than 60 often feels like the game has performance issues
>>
Neither.

It'll make a ton of money and be flavor of the month for a bit before most people stop playing it, and the people left who still do will be the ones who enjoy this type of game, as it was always intended to be a niche thing that just happened to get a lot of press attention.

>>334644001
And as a turboautist myself who can spend hours just explorring in minecrafft without building anything or playing space engine i'm very hyped for it
>>
>>334649376

Yes, you're so much better than me because you tolerate headaches and motion blur.

Sports are fine for high frame rates because your eyes can adjust to it, most other stuff is annoying.
>>
>>334648412
Just like minecraft and other voxel building games have had win states?

Cmon dude...
>>
>>334649681
Getting headaches from something like that isn't normal so I wouldn't say better but probably more healthy
>>
>>334649975
>>334649681
Quit being sugar-coated, beating-around-the-the-bush faggots and admit that being healthier is being better?

God damn. Sorry you can't handle fast frames, sucks to be you, gg, no re, I'm literally better than you and better off if I can.

Why can't anyone admit their faults and admit that it DOES make them lesser than someone without those faults? That's just reality, kiddos. Too bad, so sad.
>>
>>334649867
Yeah in minecrafts case you could also use the game to create things which in turn created a player driven win state.

No mans sky has not an inkling of crafting from what i can tell.

adventuring wasnt fun in minecraft. not for me anyway. so im just jumping to conclusions here but endlessly exploring dont seem hella great
>>
>>334649867
>Building

Its litterally walk around, shoot shit for ore to buy an abitrary upgrade for your ship to get to the core faster.

Its more like Spore's end game.
>>
>>334650275

No, it's just that you people force yourself to like something so you can talk shit when someone else doesn't like it. How's your 38 GB rip of Avengers doing?
>>
>>334640074
Literally this, anything with this much hype can't possibly meet the expectations.
People should purchase games because they are interested in it not because of hype.
>>
>>334650558
at least in Spore you can terraform a lifeless planet and then mine them for resources expand your trade empire.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.