[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battleborn thread? Post your mains. Discuss the game and why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 11
File: bb_blog_20150806-thm3.jpg (460 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
bb_blog_20150806-thm3.jpg
460 KB, 960x540
Battleborn thread? Post your mains. Discuss the game and why Mellka is the best character and most huggable
>>
File: Rocket Bird.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Rocket Bird.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Benedict or Bust.
>>
File: my nan.jpg (138 KB, 700x396) Image search: [Google]
my nan.jpg
138 KB, 700x396
>>334637345

grinded isic wins to get el dragon who turned out to be a piece of shit.

Fell in love with the digital skull of based turret attacks.

Gotta mute the voice though because he's a cringey borderlands meme
>>
Finally got Ghalt and he's fun as all hell. Gotta love hook characters.
He probably won't pull me away from Whiskey as my main ranged character though.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (229 KB, 1902x1068) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
229 KB, 1902x1068
How to ruin someone's kill streak? This guy.
>>
File: 1460645018734.gif (873 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1460645018734.gif
873 KB, 409x409
>>334637345
beneDICK!
sad to say i wont hit rank 15 with him before the beta ends.
>>
>>334638498
Pulling a miko healer into a trap I placed and stunning and killing himwhile my team kills the tank he was healing was 10/10 fun. Ghalt could still use some tweaks but his ability to kill ranged and supporters is incredible. He jobs to every melee player though which is my only concern while playing him
>>
Every game is either my team steamrolling the enemy or my team getting steamrolled. It's just not fun anymore.

Not implementing matchmaking in the beta was a huge fuckup.
>>
>>334639849
Drop a trap and then mash melee until it goes off.
>>
I wanna like Caldarius because I like his aesthetic. But man he kinda sucks. Maybe I'm not using him right. Can anyone who mains him give me some tips?
>>
The Peacekeepers and Whiskey Foxtrot I fucking love.
>>
still havent played Miko but i keep hearing that it wrecks shit really hard, looking at his skills and stuff he doesnt seems to be so strong or am i missing something here?
>>
>>334640440
ACOG or Red Dot?
>>
I want rouge commander to sit on my face!
>>
>>334640390
Naw he just kinda sucks. He is a very weak character at the moment and hopefully has some tweaks done. Either he needs a major speed boost or a damage boost. If you kinda like how he plays try out Mellka because she plays sorta similarly with debuffs and movement abilities
>>
>>334640940
Trying to get a feel for both but right now i'm liking ACOG on WF and Red Dot for OM. I love WF's aesthetic but he really doesn't do enough damage to be an assassin in my opinion.
>>
>>334640940
Red Dot always. Whiskey's accuracy is good enough as it is. You want to keep moving while aiming.
>>
>>334640969
Sex with Thorn and Mellka!
>>
>>334641075

Ya I think he needs a damage boost on his TMP. Also, there's like zero synergy going on between his energy blade and TMP. I was thinking that hitting enemies with his energy blade increases the damage or rate of fire of his TMP via stacks on melee hits. It could also drain the attack rate of the enemies. Right now, there's like no use in ever using the energy blade.
>>
File: Yay.jpg (337 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Yay.jpg
337 KB, 1920x1080
>Miko
This is a medic I can get behind.
>>
>>334641420
He definitely needs some sort of synergy between his abilities. Also he is the only Jennerhit with no life steal and it really shows from how easily he goes down so they should add like 10-15% life steal to his blade attacks.
>>
are they going to reset all progression thus far?
>>
>>334641125
Get the sap + slow sticky and a shield pen gear. You'll see your damage skyrocket.
>>
>>334641710
Of course. Thats standard beta policy.
>>
I'm supprised I actually kinda like this game too bad it will probably die with the lack of publicity and the $60 price tag

I'd defiantly pick it up if it was $30 but I have feeling it might go f2p in a couple of months
>>
>>334641974
so why didnt they unlocked all characters for the players right off the bat? Thats grinding for no reason
>>
Having played this and Overwatch over the weekend there are some pros and cons when comparing the two.

Pros
----------
+Story mode
+more tangible progression system
+PVP game modes feel more distinct from each other.
+equipable random loot system that is mostly balanced

Cons
----------
-tons of visual clutter, hard to tell wtf is going on
-while progression feels rewarding, having so many heroes locked at the start does not
-really slow, nearly useless melee attack
-no penalty for leaving

Pro or Con depending on taste
----------
-+Gearbox humor
>>
File: 563367.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
563367.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>334641591
Have you not played Mercy?
>>
Oscar mike is a fucking brick house.
These grenades? Say goodbye to all that health.
>>
>>334642583
Mercy is a shitty Medic with an even worse pistol and a broken ultimate.
>>
>>334642330
>-tons of visual clutter, hard to tell wtf is going on
>-while progression feels rewarding, having so many heroes locked at the start does not
>-really slow, nearly useless melee attack
I think the visual clutter isn't as bad as its made out to be. Its still not great but I can tell whats going on at least 90% of the time.

Unlocking heroes is bullshit. Give us them all at the start then just let us unlock the extra helix talents+lore. I don't know how but I actually care to unlock that shit

I think the melee varies from hero to hero but I do wish it was more useful on most. Especially on the melee heroes, you should be able to use the quick melee for a different kind of strike, make it actually useful.
>>
>>334637345
why is that woman not looking at what she's shooting at?
>>
>>334637345
Favorite character so far is either Ambra or ISIC
>>
>>334642330
>Nearly useless melee attack
made me kek there
>>
>>334642714
I know Attikus' quick melee is a lunge and El Dragon's quick melee is the dropkick that you get a helix upgrade for.

For most people melee is just for the pushback. Making it too fast will make it impossible for melees to get in.
>>
>>334642679
The forget the pistol and the ultimate

she can FUCKING FLY

that alone makes her so much better as a healer
>>
>>334643125
So can Kleese.
>>
>>334642714
The clutter can be really bad, characters like Rath are hilarious when you keep spamming your slashing with all those particles on your face, let alone his blazing fast slashes, also Oscar's gun and Montanna arm plus gatlin are a pain for covering up a good portion of the screen.

Being melee is a huge trip on this game
>>
File: 123621235.png (486 KB, 759x531) Image search: [Google]
123621235.png
486 KB, 759x531
>>334642583
Yes, and I don't like playing her at all, though she is very attractive, underrated in that category.
>>
>>334643047
I'd at least increase its damage a touch. While its funny to do, just running around after a Marquis as Montana trying to flick him to death should be a bit easier. And i'm not sure if all the melee heroes have different strikes in their quick melee's but I know that some of them it is just objectively worse to use. Rath has no reason to use his quick melee since it doesn't even deal more damage than a regular strike. If it did a big chunk for how slow it was it would be great, primary for dps, secondary for range, quick melee for burst damage.
>>334643356
Its bad for some 'Battleborn' and hud scaling should definitely be a thing specifically for dudes like Montana but I still rarely feel like that I'm not seeing everything that I need to be seeing.
>>
>>334643771
They should have given players the option for a third person mode. That angle you have when espectating your mates during respawn timer would be perfect.
>>
>>334643771
All off hand melees push enemies back so you can get breathing room. Its more a last resort so you can run away or get some distance than an actual offensive weapon
>>
File: .jpg (132 KB, 1541x391) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
132 KB, 1541x391
Enjoying Kelvin the most currently, everything just feels right when playing him
>>
>Shield Scrapper helix talent
>causes flak cannon to be actually useful since it does more to shields
>it's first talent, so you can't get slow sticky

Fucking GODDAMNIT.
>>
File: Memedarius.webm (3 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
Memedarius.webm
3 MB, 700x394
Posted this last thread but I like the fact that most character ultimates can be interrupted.
>>
the only thing that got me playing it was because it featured a bird dude

which is faster to obtain, reach rank 10 or win 5 matches?
>>
>>334647370

5 matches
>>
>>334647335
looks kinda fuckin good
>>
>>334647370
Reach rank 10, imo. I too wanted the bird dude, but found it nearly impossible to win 5 matches as everyone else on my team is typically terrible.
>>
>>334647549
who are peacekeeper characters anyway

also I suck at multiplayer
>>
>>334647749

Oscar Mike and Montana
>>
File: kleese.jpg (253 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kleese.jpg
253 KB, 1920x1080
>Some melee faggot wants to kill me
>Fly away, yelling "I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG"

Kleese is my nigga, now and forever
>>
>another battleborn shill thread.
Randy please.
>>
marqius is fun as fuck
>>
>>334648065
>Melee fags trying to kill me
>can't even get past my shield because my rifts keep healing them
>Fucking chair slam him for his foolish efforts
Kleese truly is the patrician's choice of character. Also that mutation that turns your wrist cannon into a charged version that deals twice as much damage is fucking GOAT
>>
>>334642330
You do realize that the melee attack is a fucking godsend for the ranged characters, right? It knocks targets back, meaning they cannot rip you a new asshole immediately.

That is pretty much the purpose of the melee attack, too. You shouldn't be looking to use it for damage dealing except in situational cases. Use a melee character for that.
>>
>>334648065
Oh fuck, Robotnik skin for Kleese when?
>>
How the hell do you get to rank 34 to unlock Mellka? I just want to play that lovely smug smile...
>>
>>334648437
That laser upgrade turns you into a fucking Marquis with MORE damage output. It's crazy.
>>
>>334637345
>starting a thread with Mellka

Come on nigger, Phoebe is waifu-tier
>>
>quad kill as attikus
>only missed the penta because the sentry killed em before I could reach him

Damn, man.
>>
>>334649061
Just gotta grind family. Do a bunch of meltdown games and afk or something if its too much of a hassle.
>>334649827
>implying brown space elf isn't waifu material
She also is a sweetie pie in game. She tells the wolf unit that he will get to see all his robot friends when he gets to robo heaven.
>>
>>334651597
As forced as the WOLF's dialogue is, the other characters have some great lines when talking to it.
I especially like Rath admitting that he'll miss it.
>>
>>334651761
I find that the sentries in the multiplayer maps have far better dialogue, especially when they comment on you respawning. I think they even have a few character specific lines.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.