[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that the next red dead is coming, what do you want to see?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: lU1RaEU.jpg (479 KB, 1339x999) Image search: [Google]
lU1RaEU.jpg
479 KB, 1339x999
So now that the next red dead is coming, what do you want to see?
>>
>>334635756
Available only for Xbox one
>>
>>334636075
Black cowboys perhaps knew greater acceptance than other frontier blacks. Nat Love said that, in town, he and other black cowboys were treated pretty much the same as whites "as long as our money lasted." Out on the open range, the same usually held true as long as a black man had proven his skills in roping, riding, and shooting and was never made foreman or trail boss over white men.
>>
>>334636218
Haha.
Microsoft doesn't have the influence to do that.
>>
>>334635756
Three characters like in GTA V,except they're all working against each other like in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
>>
>>334636364
It doesn't matter whether we're black or white.

The only color that matters is green.
>>
>>334636826
Chasing a treasure from 3 different parts of the world, one trekking up through mexico, one from blackwater and blondie coming down from fuckknows where.

Final mexican standoff involves you choosing which character to play as and killing the others.

I didnt realise how much i would like this but damn anon, this sounds great
>>
I am very interested in the island prison, I hope there is a complex crime mechanic where you can actually go to jail and have to wait it out/break out. I'm sure the prison will be featured in important missions, I just hope it's freely accessible otherwise too.

I also desperately hope for a kickass army fort out on the plains or something, defending against Indian war parties and such.

I hope you don't play as Marston or any of his gang, although I'm sure we will have to. I think a whole new story would be much more interesting.
>>
>>334635756
>So now that the next red dead is coming
???
>>
>>334639224
http://au.ign.com/articles/2016/04/15/red-dead-redemption-2-map-leaked-will-be-a-prequel

shits happening
>>
>>334639224
The multicolored part of OP's image is the leaked map for the new game, allegedly.
>>
>>334639484
>>334639510
well fuck me. if it ends up being console exclusive AGAIN rockstar can fucking burn to the ground. i don't even care that im not gonna get to play it, its a fucking shame the game will be swallowed by time.
>>
>>334639670
theyve done alright with pc lately, max payne and gta 5 eventually made it and ran nicely, keep the faith. I dont wanna fork out for a console yet but it looks like i might have to
>>
>>334639670
I think with GTAV's PC success it will be a sure thing. Plus with the video editor and shit. This game will be great on PC. I only wish I had a decent computer so I could run it. I guess I have to finally buy a PS4.
>>
>>334639824
fuck that, im upgrading my pc if i have to
>>
Better bounty missions, more interesting bank robberies, a little bit of survival elements to make hunting and camping important. Otherwise, I just need the new map.
>>
>>334640407
Seriously senpai, survival stuff even if it's just like MGS3 will be sick. Plus if they upgrade the crime system so you can actually rob trains and stagecoaches and things you could seriously just like live as a wild man outlaw robbing the innocent and feeding on beavers and shit.
>>
>>334635756
That doesn't look like a professionally done map.
>>
>>334640407
>>334640667
was i the only one who played red dead not committing a single crime? i never felt the need to for some reason which i found strange, i always fuck around in sandboxes. A testament to the character they made i suppose, was so engrossing i ended up acting as john would act. Im hoping since its a prequel itll be when he was in a gang and robberies and crimes would be more fun
>>
GIve us. Motherfucking. Playable gang.
>>
>>334640873
>A testament to the character they made i suppose, was so engrossing i ended up acting as john would act.

this. i just couldn't do it.
>>
>>334640873
I'm with you, in my main save file I never did bad things unless I thought it made sense for John to do it. But in side saves I always roleplay as a badass outlaw and stuff
>>
>>334640873
I hope we get another protagonist like Trevor, minus the pathetic mopey angle. I want to play as bandit who's very charismatic and gleeful about the fucked up shit he does.
>>
>>334635756
Since it's a prequel, I expect an over the top western world and Native American conflicts
>>
>>334637462
>>334636826

Oh my.
>>
>>334640873
>>334641147
On my first run, I didn't either.
But then I played it 7 more times. Eventually just felt I might as well do everything and fuck around.
If you don't bandana scum it's actually pretty fun. Higher bounty, the more bounty hunters and lawmen come after you. Plus thieves landing is comfy as fuck.

>>334640667
Yeah, train and stagecoach robberies would be nice. The RDR was great, but it only scratched the surface of what you'd expect in a western game by R*. Hopefully if RDR2 is happening, they can expand on it more and just add more features or flesh them out better.

>>334641038
This too, yeah. That's the big problem I had with RDR's story. Jumping between all the different factions. Lawmen, gangs, miscreants(irish, seth, etc), mexican army, mexican people(rickets, eva). You never really got to get invested in anything too much. Only got a taste of it all.
Being able to select who to work with would be amazing, but I'd accept a Saints Row type of personal gang too.
>>
>>334641147
>>334641218
really is amazing that they could control our actions through such sympathy for our character. I just wanted to catch the gang and help him get out of this shit.

>>334641312
>trevor
not a fan desu, would rather someone like john again minus responsibilities of a wife and kid, just a man running around town stealing and having fun
>>
>>334641656
i know right, the character switching mechanic in gta5 was pretty sweet, it expanded to red dead, switching from saloon in blackwater to bright as fuck mexico onto your character riding a donkey would be very fun. Rockstar have shown they can interveave stories of characters well in gta4 and its dlc's, they wouldnt even need to have these characters share a story, just randomly cross paths during a mission where there interests align like niko and johnny
>>
>>334641693
>Only got a taste of it all
>but it only scratched the surface

This is something people never point out for red dead. For all it got right it really did feel like it only touched the surface of waht could have been so much more. It was still an amazing game but a sequel fleshing out all these things could be so much more
>>
File: 2543779307_35c735d043.jpg (44 KB, 263x373) Image search: [Google]
2543779307_35c735d043.jpg
44 KB, 263x373
>>334641656
mfw when 4chan actually knows how to make a good game.
>>
>>334642905
you know you could actually make a pretty decent game if you were a dev and made a thread shitposting. People do give genuine replies on what was good, what could have been improved and what was shit
>>
Let me ride around in a gang, make alliances, rob places, drink and be an outlaw.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.