[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why put so many shields if you're going to make them useless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
Why put so many shields if you're going to make them useless because >muh BB anime combat?

Why put so many miracles if they can't deal as much damage as a fucking straight sword R1

Why the fuck do spells like heal drain your stamina completely? Wasn't FP taking estus slots and long ass casting times enough of a nerf?

Why put any sorceries when they're even worse than miracles and even lack the support?

Why put dark sorceries and pyromancies when they can only be accessed by an NPC towards the end fo the game and they suck anyway?

Why put poise when it does fuck all and you get stunlocked by R1s and the only "poise" that matters is ultra R2 hyper armor?

Why is everyone twice your size? No seriously even the fucking hollows are twice your size, and the fire keeper is slightly taller than you, like the doll from BB, were they this fucking lazy that had to copy paste the humans transforming into beasts from BB and the doll? How does this make any sense in the DaS universe where hollows, being humans and not gods were always shown your size and the fire keepers were too?

Why are there so many gimmick bosses and the ones that aren't are trivial, with the exception of Nameless king?

Why are there so few weapons that end up sharing movesets and even the fucking weapon arts, the main feature in combat of this game?

Why are there so many reused assets? Isn't this thousands of years later? At least Dark Souls 2 had a shitload of new items, this one seems to reuse more than it introduces, the goddamn kirk armor still has the roll bug from DaS 1, how is this even remotely acceptable for a 60 euro game?

Why does every enviorment look the same like in BloodBorne?

Why are there literally BloodBorne characters and items like Abyss watcher? What the fuck I thought it was Gascogne for a moment, wasn't aware I was playing Dark Souls X Bloodborne.

No seriously, how is magic even remotely acceptable as it is? Did they playtest this thing? How did this get through QA?
>>
>>334630697
Upgrade your shield faggot. Also they're not supposed to block a lot of hits from larger enemies, just for smaller ones, so git gud at dodging and use them both

Because miracles are just a secondary ability next to you weapon. Besides if you really want them to do a shitload of damage, get faith to 60

Because magic has been way to OP for the first 2 games.

Pyromancies are fine. if you upgrade the flame and level both Int and Faith equally you should be doing decent damage. I only have 20 int and 15 faith and chaos orb and black flame rape everything

Dark sorceries require major stat investment, just like in ds1 and 2. They're mostly supposed to be for pvp

agreed. Poise is literally useless, as is heavy armor. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking. Everyone is gonna be wearing cloths or light armor now, so rip build variety.

This is mostly a gameplay thing, rather than a lore thing, but I agree it's lazy. The villagers literally look like they're from BB. Also, the firekeeper is a bit smaller than you, if you're both on even ground.

It's not like DS1,2, and Bloodborne bosses weren't easy after you got used to the combat honestly. If anything, I found this game a bit harder than those. The only real gimmick bosses are Wolnir, Yhorm, and the wyvern anyways. I agree that some are too easy, like the first 4, deacons, and Oceiros, but everyone else is fine, and pretty fun to fight.

Because From got lazy. Weapon arts are lame as fuck

Because DUDE REFERENCES LMAO.

Because they always reuse assets in all of their games.

a combination of my previous two answers.

Because they found magic was way to op against pve in the last 2 games, and nerfed it to the ground. It would have been a good change is they didn't go overboard with it.
>>
>>334632313

62 stability
>>
File: 1460225836285.jpg (54 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1460225836285.jpg
54 KB, 400x400
>>334630697
>>
>>334632313

More talking out of your ass?
>>
>>334630697
Only big noobs play with shield except parry

Big player roll ;)
>>
>>334632573
>See a giant knight with a greatsword
>"I'm gonna try blocking with my shit shield"
kill yourself. I have a 68 stability lothric shield and have not upgraded stamina at all, and blocking things is as fuck in this game, since I don't try to block enemies with huge weapons.

>>334632736
>Using wog in pve after d2
It's a pvp spell m8, it was actually slower in ds2, and like I said, you need your faith at 60 to actually do damage.
>>
>>334633010

Lotrhic shield can't get to 68 stability, nice try though

Also DaS 2 WOTG was half the cast time with one shot potential
>>
>>334633103
Greatshield. My mistake. And I remember ds2 wog being pretty slow. Anyways, wog has never been used to pve. Try using lightning spear and getting you faith to 60. Miracles and magic can't carry you through the game anymore.
>>
>>334633494
>Miracles and magic can't carry you through the game anymore.

Which is the whole point, the game railroads you towards one playstyle.

Why go gimped warrior with irrelevant spells?
>>
>>334630697
>Why put so many shields
Lern too inglish.
>>
>>334634704

You should take your advice to heart
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.