[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Movie-Video Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: Jumper_Griffin's_Story.jpg (39 KB, 252x350) Image search: [Google]
Jumper_Griffin's_Story.jpg
39 KB, 252x350
We all acknowledge that there are almost no (depending on your enjoyment of like that 1 resident evil or mortal kombat movie) movies based on video games that are considered good.

Are there any video games based on movies that could be considered good?

>pic related literal trash of a game and movie
>>
mad max fury road was pretty good, it bugged out on me and truly fucked me over, so i cant recommend it
>>
Funny, the only movie-games I can that spring to mind as being pretty good were adapted from books. Those being Goldeneye and LOTR: Return of The King
>>
Top Gun on NES
>>
Toy Story 2 for N64
>>
R I D D I C K
I
D
D
I
C
K
>>
Remember that dream works movie about animals rubbing people's houses? i had a game based on it for the GBA which was about golf, never managed to finish it though
>>
>>334629834
Aladdin, Lion King, Toy Story
>>
The wolverine origins video game
>>
Stalker is loosely based on the 1979 film of the same name. Which is, in turn based on a novella Roadside Picnic.

While the concepts in the movie aren't directly apparent, Shadow of Chernobyl alludes to it nearer the end of the game. Afterall, why does the presence of duty only seem to make the mutant problem worse?
>>
>>334629834
Escape from Butcher Bay is probably one of my favorite game ever.
>>
>>334630352
>>334630505
These two. I don't think the Van Helsing game was bad, either.

It's a damn shame we never got a Mummy/Mummy Returns game.
>>
The Warriors
King Kong
LOTR return of the king
/thread
>>
>>334630786
Dark Athena was great too, up until a little while after you get off the ship.
>>
Off the top of my head: The Warriors, Scarface: The World Is Yours, Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick and Evil Dead: Regeneration. I guess The Godfather also counts, since it was based in the movie adaptation.
>>
>>334631096
I want a sequel. Honestly I don't know why no one bothered to follow the formula. Going from stabbing prison scum with a shiv to shoot down the guards with a taffed gun felt amazing to the point that I was happy every time that I got to start again.
>>
>>334630254
i played that totally forgot about it
>>
>>334631096
DA was ok.

Butcher bay is a masterpiece mostly because of the atmosphere, and the fact that no other game manage to make you feel like a mere mortal trying to escape from a gigantic fortress were everyone wants you dead.

It's astonishing that all the game takes place in the same prison yet it's never repetitive, I also love how you get pushed back in higher security level every time you're about to escape, makes you feel even more like an animal and actually giving you a stronger motive to escape, you get to feel what it's like to be in prison.
>>
>>334630448
Over the Hedge lol
>>
>>334631871
I also had Charlie and the chocolate factory which is finished and had some fun minigames
>>
>>334629923
Except the Mad Max wasn't a movie tie-in beyond the fact that it was spawned out of the same universe.
>>
>>334630127
Afterburner was better
>>
File: 20171_front.jpg (73 KB, 640x644) Image search: [Google]
20171_front.jpg
73 KB, 640x644
>>334629834
I wonder how many times media in general can be regurgitated.
>Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game
What next?
> Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game: The Novel

Actually what is the longest chain of this crap anyway? Is there a game based off of a movie based off of a novel based off of a TV Series or something to that degree
>>
>>334629834
SW ep1 pod racer
one of the best racing games ever made
>>
>>334634218

>Actually what is the longest chain of this crap anyway? Is there a game based off of a movie based off of a novel based off of a TV Series or something to that degree

Not quite a movie/novel but this is the only thing that comes to mind. The one thing that probably fits this is Sid Meier's Civilization series.

For those who don't know there used to be a board game called Civilization which was published by Avalon Hill and Sid Meier liked this game so much he decided that he wanted to make a similar computer game based on it but changing a few things and not copying the board game 1:1. Several years later Avalon Hill decided to make an actual computerized board game of Civilization and called it "Advanced Civilization" which did play like the board game for the most part.

Now jump forward several years later and Sid Meier's Civilization actually gets a board game version of its own. Not just one but actually two versions and they're both different(the first board game I believe was based on Civ 3 while the most recent was based on Civ 4.)

So Sid Meier's Civilization went from a video game based on a board game to having its own board game based on a video game originally based on a board game. To add to that there's also a Civilization card game.
>>
Ecks Vs Sever
>>
File: dantes-inferno-Book_Cover_en.jpg (275 KB, 1280x907) Image search: [Google]
dantes-inferno-Book_Cover_en.jpg
275 KB, 1280x907
>>334634218
There's a Dante's Inferno book based on a Dante's Inferno video game based on a Dante's Inferno book.
>>
>>334630456
movie tie in games of snes/genesis era almost feel like they shouldn't count. The games are good but I just get the impression the developers just made competents platformer and slapped a movie paint job onto them.
>>
File: 1449350252171.jpg (23 KB, 271x401) Image search: [Google]
1449350252171.jpg
23 KB, 271x401
>>334635919
What the fuck is that book. It cant be the Divine Comedy
>>
>>334636931
It says that it's "the literary classic" so I assume it's the Divine Comedy
>>
>>334630845
We did, I have one on Gameboy I think it's on PS2 also I saw ads for it on the mummy returns tape but never saw it in store
>>
>>334637151
>That cover
>ACTION ADVENTURE BLOCKBUSTER
>Epic videogame from Electronic Arts
>Welcome to hell, let the nightmares begin

I want to kill myself.
>>
Minority Report was fun as fuck.

Throwing people through glass never got old.
>>
The Ghostbusters game for Windows/PS3/360 was described as "basically Ghostbusters 3" by Akroyd.

>>334635645
That's neato.
>>
File: 1459512664035.png (151 KB, 299x313) Image search: [Google]
1459512664035.png
151 KB, 299x313
What riddick video games are there?
Which is the best one?
>>
File: 1458374241827.jpg (2 MB, 2872x2272) Image search: [Google]
1458374241827.jpg
2 MB, 2872x2272
>>334635919
After seeing the Divine Comedy thread on /hr/, I hate this game more. Dore's engraving's captured the terror that Dante's hell invoked more than this game.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.