[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm intrested in buying this HD collection since I loved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Ratchet_&_Clank_HD_Collection.jpg (154 KB, 431x500) Image search: [Google]
Ratchet_&_Clank_HD_Collection.jpg
154 KB, 431x500
I'm intrested in buying this HD collection since I loved this games when I was 11-12, and I no longer own a PS2.
How well do the games run? Any Glitches and etc that weren't in the original game?
>>
>>334620250
they're pretty much perfect.
>>
>>334620439
don't listen to this guy

the collection is a scam and it probably the worst versions of each game

just emulate them
>>
>>334620589
You got anything to back up those claims?
>>
There's a handful of minor glitches, such as Ratchet's helmet being slightly bigger than his head in 2, and the Fizzwidget tour guide not saying his lines, but other than those, it's fine.

>>334620589

>emulate them

don't do this it makes mustard gas
>>
>>334620691
http://www.insomniacgames.com/community/showthread.php?47741-R-amp-C-Trilogy-Bugs-Changes-and-Enhancements-List
>>
There's a few hiccups like most of the 2D assets in Ratchet 1 being fucked thanks to them changing the aspect ratio. But the collection is decent enough, worth the 10 bucks or whatever it goes for these days.
>>
File: laughing luigi.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
laughing luigi.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>334620589
>emulate them

i'm sure that will go just fine
>>
>>334620589
tried emulating the origingal ratchet and clank, it played like shit and crashed a lot
>>
>>334620589
>says the collections is worst versions
>says to emulate

Look at this retard.
>>
>>334620250
You have slowdowns going in each game once explosions happen. There's out of synch cutscenes up the ass at least in 2 & 3. Holo Glove in 3 is either broken or not broken (If it's broken it breaks in one hit).
And then there's what >>334620869 said.

Those are things that I encountered.
>>
It's the only way to play the games in HD OP. I'd go for it. It also runs at a solid 60fps v-synced with perfect frame timing. The PS2 had more constant dropping (Like 50-60fps) whereas the PS3 version is more super-solid with very occasional mega-drops.

Don't even bother emulating.
>>
>>334620589
I emulate the original trilogy just fine with speedhacks and developer mode on, with some minor slowdown and some glitches here and there that make the game crash but savestates can remedy that. I played through the first one several times before I discovered developer mode. Just get used to it. For example you can tell which crates are weapons or TNT from a distance by the color, no need for the fine details.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.