[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is pic related any good? Just looking for a game to check up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9
File: image.png (77 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
77 KB, 300x300
Is pic related any good?

Just looking for a game to check up on daily and grind out whatever it is you grind for in-game.

This seems to get lots of praise and has lots of active communities online, so is it good? Is it pay to win?
>>
>>334609874
>mobile
No.
>>
Tales of Link is better. They're actually generous with their premium currency and giving out afew free 5 stars after 30 days of logging in. RK is not.
>>
If you want a good mobile game, go with The World Ends With You or the Rayman titles.
>>
File: Eds_laughing.jpg (44 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Eds_laughing.jpg
44 KB, 500x375
>>334609874
>is it pay to win?

>>334610459
>recommending a mobile port
>inability to read OPs post
Christ
>>
>>334610423
RK is extremely generous with their in-game currency. Their paid for currency is too pricey for what you get though.
>>
It's solid on account of more or less being a mobile version of an SNES FF, but I'd personally recommend Kingdom Hearts Unchained

p2w in Record Keeper is surprising almost nonexsistant
>>
>>334609874
teedus in sprite form looks pretty cool, honestly.
>>
>>334610590
Record Keeper and most other F2P titles have garbage gameplay that only serves as an incentive to spend money. I recommended games with actual meat to them instead.
>>
I thought it was pretty fun, if brainless, for the time I played it, and I never felt like they were twisting my arm to get me to pay for shit. Progression is pretty slow, and most of the characters you'd want to unlock are given through timed events, so it can be really annoying to just make a team of your favorite characters.
>>
>>334611030
Every event hands out tokens that you can exchange for any character you want now.
>>
>>334611256
Well that's interesting. Maybe I'll give it another look.
>>
>>334610996
Most of the sprites are nice looking actually. The ones ones I can think of that are absolutely fucked are Kimhari and Barret.
>>
>>334611256
So, you don't need to wait half a year to unlock an event character? Nice. I'll probably see if my account is still alive, then.
>>
>>334610590
>watching reddit cartoons
you aren't any better, you know.
>>
>>334609874
It is pretty much a portable nostalgia trip.
The only reason I play it is because the gashapon shit is gear-based instead of character-based, so I'm basically collecting gear to power up my favorite FF characters instead of sacrificing +200 1-star Yuffies to upgrade my 7-star Platinum Wolf Cloud with a Funny Hat from Christmas event.

Early/low level shit is auto-battle tier, but most fights at difficulty level 99 and above are very fun (plus pretty much all level 100 and above dungeons are just boss fights). Combat have all basic features of classic FF games (ATB combat, jobs, limit breaks, elemental weakness, debuffs that are actually useful, challenge tasks for extra rewards, materias, etc), and the music is also there so it is really enjoyable for a portable gashapon simulator.
Another plus is that there is no ads and you get free shekels for just playing the game normally (no stupid boring tasks every day to get a single jewish coin), you just need to read a guide (or just use common sense) to make sure you never waste your money on trash rolls and useless features.
But, while there is no reason to waste your money in this game, it still is a slot machine on your phone, so be careful with your credit card if you are the kind of person that loves to waste money for no particular reason.
>>
>>334611024
Well I'm looking for a game like this cause you can check up on it daily with events and whatnot. I'm already playing FF9 among other meaty games so I just want a casual game like this for casual play.

But thank you for the suggestions
>>
>>334612082
>he didn't watch Ed Edd n Eddy in the early 2000s

Lol ok
>>
>>334609874
Tales of link is better imo
>>
>>334610423
>>334612798

Never got into the Tales series do I don't think I'd be able to get immersed in the game's
>>
>>334610901
>p2w in Record Keeper is surprising almost nonexsistant
Tell that to all the people who still don't have SG/SS2.
>>
>>334609874
might as well buy the FF remakes on android then.
>>
>>334613016
id say you're missing out, the tales games are a good take on rpg games. id say give them a try. if anything play synphonia or Abyss first
>>
>>334614256
I've been meaning to get to them eventually. Just too focused on other games right now and I don't wanna overload myself with games to play.
>>
Yeah, its fine. At leats its not shit garbage tier like the Android versions of FF.

It's not P2W. You can have the best shit in the game for free, but you need a lot of luck. The gameplay is fine. Music quite good, and the sprites quality is really good
>>
>>334609874
>tap to win
>i-is it good /v/?
>>
Real question is Heavenstrike Rivals vs FFRK

Which is more fun?
>>
I quit when Vit0 was patched.

It was the only mechanism by which to cross the jewish mobile game p2w threshold.
>>
>>334609874
There's surprising amounts of quality in it

You could always ask /vg/ since the Final Fantasy General there talks about it 90% of the time not that its bad or anything
>>
>>334614652
>being so bad you need a bug to achieve anything

LMAOing at your life.
>>
>>334609874
For free it isn't actually bad. It takes a while to build up to a decent level of stamina but once you do there is a lot of content.

Don't ever bother spending real dosh on it though. The RNG gods are really, really bad in this game.
>>
It's pretty alright for what it is. Might take a bit to get the really good gear depending on your luck, but upgraded gear can do fine, especially with the bonus you get by, say, using a weapon from X in a X based dungeon.
>>
Are there any more passive games like this, like Simpsons Tapped Out that don't require you to play constantly (Clash of Clans) or need a bunch of friends to play with you too like in the Simpsons game.

I want a game I can pick up for five minutes during downtown at work.
>>
This game is shitty and gay
>>
File: 1439825420146.jpg (41 KB, 599x479) Image search: [Google]
1439825420146.jpg
41 KB, 599x479
>>334614652
>Vit0
>>
>>334614467
oh no i understand that. Everything in moderation. just make sure its on your vidya bucket list.

i can relate, theres a good bunch of games i havent finished either because i got other newer games or life happens.
>>
>>334613693
All of the good strats rely on skills though, not gear. Gear makes things easier, yes - but strategy is supreme in FFRK at least.

I never spent a cent on it and I was always completing new content as it came out. I stopped playing a few months ago but considering I easily sunk 80-90 hours into it for free I consider it to be a solid mobile game. Many of the difficult content fights take actual planning and strategy (the 4 stage Seymour/Anima battle in the FFX events is a good example of this).
>>
>>334614948

Sorry i dont

>pay money to get weapons
>To run dungeons with a CHANCE to drop materials
>To get skills that enable me to grind higher up in the event dungeons for even rarer materials
>To then grind the highest level dungeons for the highest level orbs (Which, by the way, are only from events)
>To get skills that actually matter to defeat the elite bosses
>OH BUT WAIT
>None of that matters unless you have grinded your gear out previously
>Which you can't get without drawing relics
>80% of the time you wont get what you need
>Compounded with the fact that you need RECORD SYNERGY to be able to take more than 2 hits on elite
>Pony up son

Yeah, nah. You're a fag.
>>
>>334614620
Pls respond
>>
>>334615775
Almost all of that is no longer valid and hasn't been for a long time. Upgrade materials are abundant, gil is a non issue and getting 4* abilities is easy as fuck.
>>
>>334615446
>the 4 stage Seymour/Anima battle in the FFX events is a good example of this

Jesus fuck; I really grew to hate guado guardians after that shit.
>>
>>334615775
>implying you actually need 5* gear and not only the gear they gave you on the very same events, as they get a boost that makes them even better than 5* gear
>implying you need more than 3* spells to beat the events

LMAOing at your life.
>>
>>334616317
3* abilities won't carry you through Ultimate or Ultimate+ fights. That said, people have beaten Ultimates with a party of core characters and only free equipment so that part about having to rely on relic pulls is still absolute horse shit.
>>
File: 1460307968597.png (54 KB, 202x200) Image search: [Google]
1460307968597.png
54 KB, 202x200
>>334615775
>huehue the game its hard for me im going to cheat LOL
>>
>>334609874
if you want to waste time... yes
>>
>>334616548
I remember I pulled my way thru the Seymour rerun with only 3* abilities and a single Carbuncle.

It was a pain in the ass and many restarts were made, but it's possible.
>>
>>334617041
I'm not talking about +++ fights here. Seymour has never been an Ultimate.
>>
>>334616576

>Comes down to whether you get what you need from a ~5% chance pull with limited resources.

>4*
>3*
>3*
>3*
>4*
>3*

>nah ur just bad lol
>thats luck lol

No. Fuck mobile gaming.
>>
>>334617430
Then I got confused. It's been a while since I've played.
>>
>>334612082
>He never watched the show before reddit existed
>>
Its hot garbage. The whole thing is designed to be a pay to win money grab, driven mainly on FF nostalgia. Many of the design decisions fly totally in the face of anything approaching decent gameplay, and it has every single FTP obstruction ever conceived of.
Arbitrary rankings to reward 'correct' play? Check.
Limited time events? Check.
Premium equipment? Check.
Limits on playtime? Check.
Limited inventory space, despite needing a vast array of items? Check.
Grinding for arbitrary items to meet meaningless requirements? Check.
Constant advertisement and enticement to spend money? Check.

FFRK is a *prime* example of the free to play BS that is killing the industry. DeNa deserves a boycott for this kind of IP mismanagement.
>>
>>334618894
Is this pasta? Pasta made for a niche mobile game?

Impressive. Very nice.
>>
>>334615775

There's still the draw fire/Advantaliate strategy, which doesn't rely on bugs and is still pretty much the "instant win" button.
>>
>>334618894
calm down kid
>>
>>334613016
The mobile game has original scenarios and surprisingly, does not have many main series references or connections. Its a match 3 card collecting game, what type of immersion is in that?

An event just ended where you grind up points to place in a ranking, getting rewards for your rank and for hitting point goals. You want grindy, you got it.

There's a one-time 10x gatcha for beginners that nets you in a guaranteed 5*, with a chance of getting more 5*s in the same pull. You can re-roll accounts if you're not happy, takes about 5-10 minutes.
There's a signup that gets you another 5* for registering your game ID.
>>
File: Carl head shake.gif (288 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Carl head shake.gif
288 KB, 200x200
>>334611383
>Dose full-sized tactics sprites during the tactics event.
>Mfw getting Ramza's armor.
Shit's great too. Makes him a really good light-healer along with strong physical attacks.
>>
File: aw yessir.gif (3 MB, 350x280) Image search: [Google]
aw yessir.gif
3 MB, 350x280
>>334620970
>Tactics event

The shitstorm over Ramza's Shout SSB was glorious. GameFAQs and Leddit united to try and get DeNA to compensate them for the hundreds of dollars they poured into the game trying to get that sword.

>mfw I got it in a single pull
>>
>tfw pulled in the wrong event window and didn't get Ramza's unique
I got like 4 fucking 5* in my pulls because I hadn't played in over half a year and I had so much shit saved up, but it's been so long I forgot how pulls worked and didn't remember you actually have to click on the FFT weapons event and pull there
>>
>>334621121
The shitstorm wasn't about Platinum Sword you idiot. The non-SSB items are the ones whose rates got tampered with.
>>
File: 1459523202472.gif (2 MB, 300x229) Image search: [Google]
1459523202472.gif
2 MB, 300x229
>>334610459
>See Rayman games on App Store
>"I bet these games are typical Ubishit games with forced micro"
>Download Adventures just for curiosity
>mfw it's actually great, fun as fuck and micro are optional costumes
>>
Record Keeper is the game to play if you were ever curious about freemium mobile games and appreciate oldschool JRPGs. It's basically the same loot and progress system as all of them but make you feel like you're (sort of) playing a classic Final Fantasy game. You get the satisfaction of making progress, collecting things, and getting awesome rare stuff to empower your characters with game currency. Other than that, there isn't much gameplay to speak of. But it's a satisfying game that isn't stupid shit made for babies.
>>
>>334621557
Stats were collected from thousands of players and they found without a shadow of a doubt that platinum sword went from 2.5% drop rate to 1%.
>>
>>334610423
After playing for a while you get a daily mythril allowance. Alongside the daily login you can get a total of 9 mythril a week, and daily dungeons just got a revamp that allow for you to buy all sorts of items to make stronger skills and spells. This alongside a solid dungeon system, mythril every week with event dungeons, and constant campaigns, you get showered in the stuff.

If you like old style ff games and want to try out a ton of characters, give it a go op, i haven't spent a cent and I have almost an entire team of level 80 people with their super soul break/burst soul break weapons.
>>
>>334622639
No you fucking moron. The SSBs were always at 1%. Defender and Platinum Sword were not affected - the other items were. Maybe you should make sure you have some idea of what the fuck you're talking about before you start spewing retarded bullshit.
>>
>>334618894
You don't need to spend money on the game. You can get the same items and do the same things using the in-game currency you get for free. The only thing spending money gets you is to speed things up.

There are lots of F2P mobile bullshit cash-ins out there, but RK isn't one of them. After you do all the dungeons you can get an average of about 100 mithril shards per month, which is the equivalent of $100.
>>
>>334623154
>being this mad

Maybe you should kill yourself because the SSB rates were upped to 2.5 to match Japan's rates before Tactics happened.
>>
>>334623154
While you're busy calling me names and repeating the same thing like a parrot, maybe you should visit the RK subreddit. They have exact statistics collected vs the Japanese game. It's definitely been lowered.
>>
>>334610423
>>334612798

Does Tales of Link have English or Japanese audio? Also literally every character to date plus the game originals or are there some missing?
>>
>>334609874
If you have any love for any Final Fantasy game besides XI, even the shitfests that are 8 and 13, then yes, it's good. Nostalgia up the ass and out the other end.

You can spend money to gamble for good gear, but they give you plenty of Mithril to gamble with if you play, too. It's purely single player, so pay2win doesn't fucking matter in the slightest, you have no advantage "over" anyone because the only multiplayer aspect is having a Roaming Warrior that you set for others to use, which gives you 200gil every time they use it.

I've been playing it about a year now, spent some on it, got some nice gear and I still have tons of dungeons to do and chars to level, though I have found my dream team of Locke, Ramza, Y'shtola, Cloud, and Tyro (FFRK's char) so everyone else is just for occasional swapouts.

>>334613693
That's not p2w though, that's just bad luck and you don't "need" any specific stuff to beat any given dungeon, though many things certainly help.
>>
>>334611383

Cait Sith looks pretty ugly too but he's a month or so off.
>>
>>334615775
>>pay money to get weapons
Pay money for a chance to get weapons* - But you don't have to pay. They give you mythril from playing to get said weapons.

>>To run dungeons with a CHANCE to drop materials
Daily Dungeons are guaranteed to drop materials. And with the Fat Chocobo update last week, you get gysahl greens to buy specific materials you want now, so it's even better.

>>To get skills that enable me to grind higher up in the event dungeons for even rarer materials
How would you suggest progressing then?

>>To then grind the highest level dungeons for the highest level orbs (Which, by the way, are only from events)
100% bullshit there. All the highest orbs are NOT from events. High end bosses all drop them, which varies per orb, and all the Daily Dungeons drop them too, you're full of shit.

>>To get skills that actually matter to defeat the elite bosses
Double Cut, Retaliate, Boost are all low lvl 2-3star shit but can literally carry you through most fights and elites.

>>OH BUT WAIT
>>None of that matters unless you have grinded your gear out previously
Again, how do you suggest progressing? Or are you some lazy faggot with the MMO mentality of "the game begins at endgame"?

>>Which you can't get without drawing relics
Some dungeons and events and even login giveaways give you free 5star gear.

>>80% of the time you wont get what you need
This is true, though % is questionable.

>>Compounded with the fact that you need RECORD SYNERGY to be able to take more than 2 hits on elite
Untrue. I run a mixed group on ALL of my high lvl dungeons because Record Synergy doesn't make up for shit characters. I have an "A Team" I use for everythign difficult with a mix of skills and retaliate in case shit hits the fan and they're all from different serieses.

>>Pony up son
If you want. You're perfectly capable of playing otherwise. It just sounds like you want to be difficult and/or simply don't enjoy this kind of game.
>>
>>334623326
Actually, it happened around Tactics or Relm 1 banner, that's why Valiant Knives were dropping out the ass on those last 2 banners but it's fixed in Relm 2
>>
>>334623976
you look pretty ugly.
>>
>>334623326
You're simply fucking wrong. Reddit's search function is garbage so I'm not going to dig up the data but SSBs have an expected drop rate of 1% while non-SSB items have a higher chance of dropping. This has been the case in Japan until very recently when just about every banner started having like 4 SSBs on them and the 1% drop rate only applies to BSBs. I've been playing the Japanese version (which shows you the exact drop rate) for over 6 months and until recently, SSBs have had a 1% drop rate.
>>334623437
Show me the data that supports your claim. I've been following this debacle pretty closely and there's nothing to suggest that the SSBs should be at 2+%. Feel free to find me the data for the X-2 banners if you think you can prove me wrong, but the SSB drop rate on those is about 1% as it should be. The entire controversy is about non-SSB items not getting the 2x drop bonus so 50% of what should be featured relics end up being random off-banner crap instead.
>>
>>334625875
>Percents, how do they work
Not the nigga you were arguing with but realistically, gathering data from a few thousand redditards for %s doesn't mean shit compared to the hundreds of thousands of players that will skew those %s.

On top of the fact that, percents DO NOT GUARANTEE AN ITEM WILL DROP. It CAN drop. E.g; 25% drop rate does NOT mean it will drop 25 out of 100 tries. 25% drop rate means EVERY. SINGLE. TRY. has a 25% chance to drop it. You could try 10 times and get it all 10 times in a row. You could also try 2000 times and not get a single fucking one. That's how Percent chances work.

I drew 2 11x pulls from the FFT Banner and got my Platinum Sword as well as Ramza's armor and a few other goodies. I also spent $100+ on the Organics banner because I wanted one, and I never did get it from those. On the last day though, I thought "Fuck it, one more time..." spent $30 more and pulled again...got one.

Look at this nigger here: http://imgur.com/SUFHr89 - He got THREE fucking ribbons in one pull AND a bunch of other 5stars.

Now look at my own pull during the FFXIV event: http://i.imgur.com/AwjAZYE.png - Two fucking Thyruses in one pull, AND 2 other 5stars.

Percent chances aren't at all Data-reliable by nature, because they are simply not a guaranteed number.
>>
>>334626670
None of that has anything to do with my post. Reddit's data is generally in line with the expected percentages within a reasonable margin of error, but the Tactics banner (which had a lot more data than most) clearly deviates from the expected value. Sure it could be a fluke, but that's highly unlikely. You clearly dont know bow statistics work if you think your little rant about percentages is in any way relevant. The point of gathering statistical evidence is to be able to approximate the drop rate of items and in the case of this one banner, that approximation is clearly inconsistent with the percentages in the Japanese version. I know you're trying to look smart by explaining shit I already know to me but your irrelevant bullshit just makes you look dumb.
>>
File: both.png (260 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
both.png
260 KB, 560x560
>>334614620
>>
>>334617561
salty as fuck
>>
>>334627583
>more data than normal
>results are different from normal
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-17-17-11-33.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-17-17-11-33.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
Love it
>>
>>334628045

You're either very lucky or have a ton of money.

Shame about Boon being more or less a depreciated Soul Break at this point though.
>>
>>334628361
Day 1 player, i've spent maybe 90 bucks over a year.
>>
>>334627818
You're retarded. We know what the expected rates are from the Japanese version which is completely transparent about its percentages. We also know from a fairly sizable sample size that the chances of pulling an off-banner relic is higher than expected while some of the featured items don't drop as frequently as they should. As with any statistics, we can't be a 100% certain but you'd have to be a complete retard to think there isn't something shady with this.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.