[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should I know before getting into LoL? Or should I just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: leagueofl1.jpg (295 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
leagueofl1.jpg
295 KB, 1600x900
What should I know before getting into LoL? Or should I just go in blindly?
>>
>>334608296
when I first started, the first thing I did was never install it

do yourself a favor OP, follow my example and you'll be rolling in fun
>>
don't go in at all
ASSFAGGOTS is a pretty bad genre of video game entertainment to be straight with you family
>>
If you're not playing with friends at least, don't even bother.
>>
>>334608494
That's the thing, some friends want me to play, but I kinda don't like the genre but I'm also curious.
>>
How to suck a dick because that game is gay as fuck
>>
>>334608296
DON'T DO IT ITS GARBAGE, ABSOLUTE GARBAGE. You're better off spending time actually playing other video games.
>>
>>334608585
Then go for it, basically any game is fun with friends. Never play solo tho. I used to play with some friends and it was fun because they weren't obsessive about winning so i could just test any fun build i wanted. Gimmicky teams, gimmicky builds are the most fun.
However both the game and the community are cancer.
>>
>>334608962
>>
>>334608296
It's addictive. Lotta flashy snazzy shit. It's incredibly easy to learn and get into, so you think you're good when you're really not. Take it for what it is and don't play too much.

It's not that bad of a game, but the community is pretty horrible and you're never going to make money off of it, so don't play it 6 hours a day like most of it's retard fanbase.
>>
>>334608962
this, also report for saying gg easy
>>
Some character are plain better than the others, and you should not pick other than these

Get Jax, Yi, Udyr, Zed and Yasuo for instance ASAP, git gud with them, as they're just the perma pick or ban in this game

There's nothing else worth trying other in serious levels.

LoL seems complex but it's pretty straightforward: It's a power creep of damage. If you have a character that deals tons of DPS you can win by yourself, either fighting or just pushing the towers.
>>
>>334608296
People are really mean. Prepare to get yelled at for literally everything.
>>
>>334609391
don't listen to this guy, he's a retard
>>
File: DSC_0254.jpg (392 KB, 720x1140) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0254.jpg
392 KB, 720x1140
don't play it man. not even kidding here. it will ruin your life, on top of the fact that it really isn't that good.
>>
riot denies players zen environment by making pings not hideable, at least they made an option mute them
>>
Also, i forgot to add: Some of my friends when they played ranked muted every other team member ASAP, this is an incredibly good idea.
>>
>>334608585
Why dont you just ask them, then? MOBAs are cancer
>>
>>334610094
I move chat box out of the screen and mute all to not hear message sound, I play to kick ass, not to be told what to do
>>
>>334608296
What you should know?
>one of the saltiest, toxic and obnoxious player base I've ever seen in my life
>single mistake may cost you a match; your team will rip you apart for every tiny mistake you do
>break the meta and expect huge flame. Dota2 is much more flexible. For example, Lina with desolator, eul's scepter, blink dagger and deadalus (think PHYSICAL items on a mage) will rip pretty much anyone apart in 3 seconds. Normally people build her as a caster support (or traditional mage), which is not as deadly, but still a viable threat.
>that said if you don't know everything there is to know about heroes, tactics, timers, meta etc. you are going to be called noob.
>It's not DOTA2 in which there is always a chance of overturning the entire match. There ALWAYS is a good chance you will turn 0-20 game into a win. In LoL 0-5 game is 99% lost.
>did I mention the playerbase? They are some most horrible people in the world.
That being said, it's
>real fun when you've got few friends playing it with you, especially when you start getting good at the game
>alternative game modes are real fun. ARAM is pretty good for exp and money. Crystal scar got removed recently due to not enough people playing it. Shame, because I think it was pretty fun and the fastest and easiest way to grind and try out new heroes
>not as pay-to-win as people try to make it look
>supports are the fairly easy to play, but not the easiest to play effectively. Get ready to be blamed for everything even if your partner in the lane is an obviously braindead 10 years old douchebag. Yes, even if it's totally not your fault you'll still be blamed.
>tanky bruisers have it the easiest, since all they have to do is to stay on the battlefield the longest and disrupt enemy as much as possible
>>
>>334611401
Thank you! This is useful.
>>
About every three to four months Riot does something absolutely pants on retarded and then tries to justify their stupidity. This is pretty par for the course and has been going on since beta times.

Also, if you don't play the game exactly the way they want you to, they change the game until it's basically impossible not to.
>>
>>334611401
this 100%
Also, careful because playing it with friends can mean losing them, so the moment things are looking bad between you and them, uninstall the game, it's not worth it.
>>
add me cucks (NA)

chur3qu3
>>
>>334609391
Holy shit ultimate bronzelord detected
>>
OP you are going to be absolute shit at the game for at least a few months
First learn what items to buy and how to last hit creeps. That's the most important part of the game. The central idea of the game is capture the flag, NOT team death match. Do NOT chase someone at low health across the whole map. Their team will show up and you will die. Do NOT underestimate how much money killing creeps gives you. And finally do fucking NOT build thornmail on Ashe
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.